Yakuza 7

Zoomers and plebs and pcanons filtered. Thank you SEGA and Nagoshi.

Attached: EDHMrlGUcAAHihP.jpg (1024x576, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ryu-ga-gotoku.com/seven/
twitter.com/ryugagotoku/status/1166943695901351937
twitter.com/om5cafA0Wj01mvu/status/1166993718261383168
youtu.be/noioqCv92hM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literal madmen

yep, one thing you can't take away or deny is that Nagoshi is willing to take risk after fucking nearly 10 fucking games of the same formula. LITERAL SOUL

I don't give a fuck what anyone else says. This looks great and is exactly what the series needed.

Isn't that online?

Shin Ryu is the gacha online game.
This is the next mainline console release

Online was a mobile game with animated jpgs. this is the new Console game

>turn-based RPG

aaaaand dropprd

I'm gonna hold off for a bit, if this turns out to be a great rpg I'll gladly pick up a copy.

might as well drop your brain while you're at it brainlet

The april fool's video was the most exciting thing RGG guys put out since Yakuza 6's early trailers. This is going to be fun

kill yourself shill

On the one hand I think this could kind of work, but on the other I bet they're afraid to go full rpg with it and have dungeons and the like. Yakuza always had a couple little gauntlet areas but there will need to be more than that in this game.

Pleb detected

>turn based
PICKED THE FUCK UP

shill detected

One trick pony, signs of brainlet

Are you ready for the world's first ever adult jrpg protagonist?

>Equipment finally matters
>Doing all substories finally matters
>Grabbing as many items as you can finally matters
>Probably a ton of kino unlockable units

How is this a bad thing.

Attached: 617960cfa3101bf2ed6ca9501f63b4c8.jpg (653x653, 79K)

I just hope the party members aren't just random people from the street

The combat appears to be position based

I can think of a dozen instances in previous games that could be turned into mini dungeons. Things like all the sewer gauntlets, interior building fights, huge street brawls. They've already said Yokohama is going to be about 3 times bigger than Kamurocho so that leaves lots of room for some cool shit.

I'd be down for some 100-floor post-game tower dungeon similar to Arc the Lad way back in the day. Go through 100 floor gauntlet dungeon to get to Amon or something.

Turn based bullshit is going to get boring real fast. Combat in yakuza was already subpar and they found a way to make it worse. How are some of you fags okay with this?

What will Anno's special attack be?

Attached: ss_01.jpg (1024x576, 123K)

This but unironically

lol it looks like shit

>How are some of you fags okay with this?
It helps being older than 12

Grabbing and twisting your balls so hard that you pass out midfight

>thinks playing boring turnbased rpgs makes him smart
youre the real brainlet

>own Atlus
>make this

Attached: 1566633193039.jpg (1920x1880, 237K)

How long will these already long ass games now become with turn based jrpg combat?

There's nothing smart about playing turn based RPGs, but you'd have to be a complete retard to reject them out of hand.

Changing the whole core gameplay changes your whole core audience. Guess they want a new market and don't want my money.
>die hard Yakuza fan that wouldn't play this shit for free

lol shutup

I would hope that they'd cut down on all the random encounters Yakuza is so rife with so the combat doesn't get stale, but who knows.

>Pleb filter

With this super smooth combat system?

Attached: y7.webm (960x540, 2.59M)

turning upside-down and bouncing like a jackhammer

looks like fucking trash

Time to get my first Yakuza game

genuinely looks awful

It’s always been a beat em up with RPG elements, so I guess going full JRPG isn’t a terrible idea. Still, it’d probably have been better as a side series than a mainline entry.

Either way, I just hope it’s better than 6.

ryu-ga-gotoku.com/seven/

Attached: 1541318579626.jpg (1888x1132, 611K)

It's exciting to see a big budget crime story through the lense of a JRPG, that's something I've never seen before, and maybe they'll be able to do something new with the combat that hasn't been done before. You don't really ever see this kind of street brawl themed RPG so the combat potential of it is totally up in the air.

They'll probably just go with some generic fantasy RPG system though, just transplanted into modernity where punches are the equivalent of physical attacks and grapples are the equivalent of spells. I'll be really disappointed, but unsurprised when that turns out to be the case.

>rng positioning
>slow as fuck movement
>slow as fuck animation
>turn base faggots thinks this looks good

most of them have braindead slow combat that requires 0 effort and wastes unreasonable amount of time
i do like turnbased games like divinity but the new yakuza looks like its taking inspiration from persona which is a good example of a shitty braindead turnbased rpg

>RNG Positioning
>What is Chrono Trigger?

Projecting. Hang yourself you tasteless retard.

>dynamic brawl full of realism
(X)

>most of them have braindead slow combat that requires 0 effort and wastes unreasonable amount of time
You can say the same for action based games, but if you go around saying "ALL ACTION GAMES ARE SHIT" then people are either going to think you're physically incapable of playing them or you're just fucking dumb. Well for turn based games, the whole "physically incapable" thing can't hold, so the only thing left is to assume people are fucking retards.

Anyway, a traditional JRPG battle system isn't inherently bad, they just mostly subscribe to the final fantasy school of thought where the combat is mostly just busywork. The games where they actually focus on the nuts and bolts mechanics of combat are generally much better, like Etrian Odyssey and (ironically) Final Fantasy Tactics.

That said, I think there is even merit in some of those JRPGs with bad combat, sometimes combat is more of a pacing thing than being the primary motivator for playing the game. I'm a big fan of FF9 for instance and that game has dogshit combat.

They're really doing it like this? Isn't this the same shit they showed off as an April fools day joke?

I love chrono trigger, but come on, no one likes the RNG positioning in it. it just feels like a vestigial element, like they wanted it have combat like Grandia or Kiseki but couldn't make it work on the SNES.

>it has evolved into a system where anyone can easily enjoy an exhilarating battle
They changed it to pander to casuals who can't into timing dodges.
Christ.

>they got rid of the shitty brawler gameplay
THANK YOU BASED SEGA

But casuals are too stupid for turned based rpgs tho.

>turned

shut the fuck up

Tbh I appreciate the courage to do something like this, but a lot of comments so fare are not positive. Also it seems that for a lot of Japanese fans this isn't a good choice.

Plus this is how it really looks, not like the april fool joke. And to be honest, okay that this studio loves to do wacky attacks, but that liquid attack it kinda hurts to see it in motion.

they are already doing damage control saying if fans don't like it they will go back to the old battle system on the future

I'd not call damage control. It's more like they are self aware that this thing even tho it might turn great, no one is going to like it because its not like the old games.

extremely based. JRPGkino is back on the menu!

No sir, I don't like it.

twitter.com/ryugagotoku/status/1166943695901351937
>Comments filled with nips saying they don't want this shit
lmaooooooo

twitter.com/om5cafA0Wj01mvu/status/1166993718261383168
>it's actually just kiryufags REEEEEEEEing as usual

what's up with sagawa's cia brother?

YOU’LL NEVER SEE IT COMINNNNNNNNNN
OH YEAA

Yakuza:
>waaaah its just mash square these games suck

nu-Yakuza
>OMG OMG YOU CHOOSE A THING IN A MENU AND PRESS X AND PUT THE CONTROLLER DOWN FOR LITERALLY 20 SECONDS AND THEN YOU PRESS X AGAIN OMG OMG OMG HYPE HYPE HYPE ONIONS OVERLOAD ONIONS OVERLOAD OMG PLEBS BTFO LMAOOO

Yakuza's dead and you fags can just cope with the fact the only audience you agree with are chinks who want as much microtransaction bullshit as possible. You are the same insect audience that plays actual chink shit.

It's going to feel really great when Tiger Drop with 5% activation chance on enemy attack works.

0.03 sanicbucks have been deposited in your account.

haha sega is so dedicated to the april fools joke so when will they announce the actual game?

It could be really cool, but I don't think we'll know properly until the game comes out.
And even if it's not the best, there's still the rest of the series to play and enjoy.

Not even that strange.

Attached: 010086690590D.jpg (1280x1467, 658K)

Yakuza RPG, awesome.

Attached: Yakuza RPG.jpg (902x1875, 775K)

>pcanons filtered
console babby couldn't cope with 30fps combat

tl;dr lol

The Aprils Fools was literally a gameplay trailer.

youtu.be/noioqCv92hM

get fucking yakuza normies

>get fucking

k where's your mom

The most entertaining thing about the old combat system was the over the top finishers.

This combat system is just the next logical step because they essentially made the combat selectable cutscenes.

>turn base JRPG is hard guise
>literally have nuke options and repetitive pattern that even a kid could figure out
Yeah, wank that shallow ego and wallow in your delusions. Turn base JRPGs are the lowest and shittiest form of turn base combat that have ever existed because all they can think of turn base combat is Dragon Quest. The most basic and boring combat there is.

The game is definitely made for the PS4 audience. Press X to awesome.

Multiplatform series now, you can't escape with that anymore.

Turn based JRPG combat is for literal paint sniffers.

Every day I pray for another gaming crash

>let's turn a beat 'em up series into a turn based RPG
What the fuck were they thinking?

looks shite, really don't understand the people who are saying this is gonna be good

Shit man I love Yakuza games but this looks fucking fantastic honestly. I fell in love with the JRPG's lately and I cant wait for this. Turn based became my go to playstyle honestly. FF7, P5R and Yakuza 7 are must buys for 2020.

was gonna go to bed... but now i cant cuz im hyped lmao

Attached: dutch smells money.png (572x572, 371K)

This, always better than button mashing.

I just hope for great battle themes, the only thing that matters

BASED. Fuck you virgin loser geeks sperging out like the man-children you are, this is EXACTLY what the series needs; New Protagonist, New Story & Setting and New Game-play. PLUS Judgment did super well in Burger-land and will get a sequel, nobodies taking your toys away from you. I cannot wait for this and its definitely getting imported in January :P

Attached: kekyu.jpg (747x729, 76K)

This thread is proof Yea Forums has drooling fucking retards that go against the grain for the sake of going against the grain. Breathing and living is popular, maybe you should go against the grain and stop doing those too.

RIP yakuza series in the west.

If you are making turn based combat why not try to make it good? This just looks like a lazy implementation to me.

>copy Fagsona
Not only did they kill mainline SMT but the cancer has extended to Yakuza

>hype this game as numbered title with a new protag
>change the genre

Why?
They already tried rpg elements with clan creator and that shit was tedious as fuck.
And knowing RGG studios they not only recycle a lot of animations and heat/specials, as when they make A NEW ENGINE or first game in that gen they have very few animations and heats for that one first game.

Your body wont allow you to hold your breath until death

>April Fools video comes out
>everyone says it looks really cool
>turns out it is real
>everyone hates it now

some "people" will always defend jap shit no matter how bad it actually is.

There is more than 1 way to stop breathing.

Ya’ll have been talking about how shit the combat is since 6, why are you pretending to like it now?

To stop breathing via suicide is too popular

Fucking what?
>April Fools video
>Looks cool and over the top
>Ha that would be neat if it was just a mini-game or something
>Video now
>Looks like slow janky shit
>This is the whole game
>Wonder why nobody likes it

It's more that they kept drumming up it being a new mainline game, they kept mum about it for at least what, two years now, they experimented with new stuff in Judgment that people would rightfully assume would be tinkered with even more in 7, and then they end up replacing the standard combat with this. They already have Judgment, why would you explore a new gameplay style when you literally just made a new spinoff series you could have done it in? The stuff in the April Fools video was also more snappy, here they're sort of just wandering around waiting for your action and it just looks weird. The April Fools video also lent itself towards being a major minigame like Cabaret, Hostess Maker, Adam, or Taxi Driving, not a full gameplay overhaul.

It's not terrible and I am excited to see how it turns out, but it was a poor choice to do it with a main game when people are expecting to run around punching people with improvements from Judgment. It just doesn't make sense why they didn't do it with Judgment, they'd completely have avoided this kind of backlash had they just done that.

Wait, wasn't this some kind of April jokes back then? Why did everyone take this seriously now?

>graphics look fucking amazing
>made gameplay some outdated shit

Attached: 1566176536203.jpg (474x354, 35K)

because this is actual footage.