What was so great about this game?

What was so great about this game?

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mknRHzrjQrl
youtube.com/watch?v?=R0ESDu7PYP8
youtube.com/watch?v=R0ESDu7PYP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everything but only if you play the Subsistence edition. Same with Pokémon Emerald and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

>Game 1 is dated but classic/timeless
>Game 2 is overrated
>Game 3 is FUCKING PERFECT
>Game 4 is okay
>Game 5 is kino
>Game 6 is a bit more than okay
Sonic 1, 2, 3, Adventure, Adventure 2, Heroes.
Gen 1/2/3/4/5/6 Pokémon.
MGS 1, 2, 3, 4, PW and V.
>all of the above have autistic as fuck fanbases and very screwed reputation
>meanwhile with Mario (SMB 1, 2, 3, World, Yoshi's Island, 64) everything keeps getting better and better
>Mario Maker 2 being the absolute pinnacle

Just about everything

honestly this was my first metal gear and it makes my top 5 easy. The music,the capminess, the gameplay (controls wern't as smooth as the later games but if you got past the barrier to entry you could execute everything you want to.)

I tried alot of the other games after it and none of them lived up.

Played peace walker afterwards and thought it was fun, liked the charters, game play was solid but repetitive. admittedly the improved gun play in the port made gunning your way through levels a breeze even on the harder difficulties. I tried to just stealth it but eventually fell to the path of least resistence. same with 4

with 4 i loved how over the top and bombastic it was, but it wasn't the perfectly structured odessy of 3. good story, good music, and that fistfight at the end was legendary.

5 had the tightest gameplay of the series but i dropped it. The story didn't interest me, and the open world felt barren and repetitive.

2 failed to hold my interest past the tanker level. I don't know why. I guess i just don't like the over the top view.
i played 1 and it was a clunky pixelated mess. It had some good ideas but it has aged like milk. I can't honestly see someone enjoying the game play who doesn't have nostalgia for it.

So i don't even think i can call myself a mgs fan in general, but even i can see that mgs3 was brillant.

Paramedic codec calls and hunting.

Attached: snake.webm (758x300, 2.87M)

"kino"

a man had to choose between loyalty to his country, or loyalty to his friend/mentor. he made the wrong choice, and will spend the rest of his life regretting it.

Everyone parroting shitty youtubers. It's a menu simulator. Run a couple feet forward and your camo index plummets. Get into menus for 20 seconds to change, repeat. You get hurt due to shit game design? Go into the heal menus for 30 seconds only to get injured again after resuming the game. Don't get me started on the stamina/food system. I recommend phantom pain to everyone as the best starting point in the franchise, then mgs1 and 2. 3 is just slow, boring trash

I've been on Yea Forums on and off since late 2004.

This is literally the dumbest post I have ever seen in the entire time I have been here.

it gives us kino fan made music videos

youtube.com/watch?v?=R0ESDu7PYP8

Attached: 1446221279427.jpg (665x613, 68K)

What the fuck are you trying to say

Attached: 50424025.jpg (268x265, 16K)

>reccomending phantom pain for any reason whatsoever
I am amazed that people are capable of such poor taste in videogames. It is astonishing.

It appealed to brainlets who didnt get MGS2, that's it. It's good, but much weaker due to constantly navigating menus and The Boss being the worst written character in MGS series. The Boss basically kills everything about MGS lore. People bitch about nano machines, but she was the start of it.

Does this emulate well? I don't have a PS3 but would love to try this game. Which version should I play for a first play-through?

Attached: mgs3_6.jpg (422x317, 36K)

youtube.com/watch?v=R0ESDu7PYP8

Subsistence, the PS3/Xbox360 remaster or , unironically, the 3ds version.

based

MGS3 would be better without the camo shit.

It is superior to everything that came before it until mgs2 in every aspect. I would say peace walker was better but PP improves on everything it did (also getting rid of hayter's raspy, tired fucking voice)

Monster Hunter: Gen 1, 2/unite, tri/p3rd/3U, 4U, Generations/GenU, MHW

Checks out

Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts: CoM
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts 365483826737 days and 3/16th
Kingdom Hearts BBS
Kingdom Hearts 3D

seems about right if we default to final mixes.

I'm playing it right now for the first time after beating 2 and loving it. Holy fuck I always thought MG was a generic and overated franchise and now is MGS 2 is one of my favorite games and 3 is just as good so far if not a bit better. Fucking hell I love this shit. Are MGS4 and MGSV as good?

Super Mario 64
Sunshine
Galaxy
Galaxy 2
3D World
Odyssey

>3d World Kino
>SMG1 better than 2
>Odyssey "okay"

Literally you only got right Sunshine being overrated shit. Fuck off.

3D world is kino, Odyssey is dogshit but I was willing to be nice, and SMG1 is overall a better game albeit 2 had more interesting levels, but it really is just okay, because it's basically a wacky expansion of 1 similar to a mod or romhack.

Demons Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls I
Dark Souls III
Bloodborne
Sekiro

It was about muh mission. Did you skip the cutscenes?

>3D world is kino
Stopped reading there. Kill yourself faggot with shit taste

MGSV is more than just more than OK, best gameplay of the series

Only fags who can't git gud at older mgs controls think this

3D World kino kino kino cat suit kino wiiu kino proper evolution of classic Mario perfectly polished kino kino

Half Life
Half Life 2
Half Life 3
H4lf Life
Half Life V
Half Life

>are MGS4 and MGSV as good
no but you should still try them and form your own opinion, a lot of people love 4 and V has really solid gameplay despite being blatantly unfinished

all I see is a brick wall

>good controls
>satisfying combat
>game was designed around no radar
>fun bosses (pain not included)
>the entire concept of the End boss fight
>enjoyable characters (snake is boring though)
>the boss
>007 esque feel
its a really good game

MGS3 is one of the best overall packages I've ever seen in a video game. The gameplay progression is very linear and focused, requiring very little backtracking compared to its predecessors (and what backtracking there is involves new situations), while at the same time, every map is open ended and gives you numerous ways to approach it. Most other Metal Gear games do not consistently have this level of interactivity. Its story is simplistic, free from the cluttered mess of the Metal Gear canon and can generally be enjoyed by anyone, while at the same time having enough depth and a big enough scope to make it feel right at home among the other titles. Only bad thing I have to say about it is the rail shooting section, but it wouldn't be a Metal Gear game without a poorly designed gimmick level

It's alright nothing too amazing

I like 90% of the game but The Boss is fucking trash, she's just kinda brought in as "this is snakes mentor lol, he really likes her" then we're just supposed to hop on board, she's a legendary soldier sure, but her reason for defecting was weird

>i played 1 and it was a clunky pixelated mess. It had some good ideas but it has aged like milk. I can't honestly see someone enjoying the game play who doesn't have nostalgia for it.
I played it for the first time in my life last year and loved it.

This has to be bait.

You'll never know, you retarded faggotass zoomer.

>she's a legendary soldier sure, but her reason for defecting was weird
Her 'defection' was just a cover until Volgin detonated one of the nuclear missiles she took with her. The entire rest of the game is about sacrificing her life via her own pupil to prove that the US had nothing to do with the nuclear explosion (which it kinda did).

tl;dr you're retarded

literally everything. It was the most engaging and incredible thing when it came out, there was nothing like it. Even V isn't as bad as people say, but compared to these, it's HORRIBLE

well said

Attached: 1429752927973.png (413x627, 511K)

How is that crocodile holding that gun and knife?

Attached: 1352507796990.jpg (464x576, 69K)