Thought on pic related?

Thought on pic related?

Attached: download (6).jpg (259x194, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4rAC6-UhJzw
youtube.com/watch?v=XF3xCifQ290
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good ideas but ultimately more annoying than scary

limited inventory

oh hi mark

Actually pretty good considering the circumstances

The character is an ungrateful prick that is allowed to live as a neet technically for eternity without paying taxes and full access to a ghost city to loot and hang out.
And the fucker still tries to escape and go back to be a wageslave.

he had no food, mentioned he was starving in the intro brainlet.

Just fine until you pick up that cunt's doll.

Read my post again, retard.
He has a hole to access Silent Hill whenever he wants and all he has to do is avoid the monsters, loot a supermarket and go back through the same hole.

the worst protag in a video game ive ever seen. literally has nothing to do with the story or anything that happens at all except
>whoops i sure did move into the wrong apartment!
such a shame after the based protags that were harry, james, and heather

woman babysitting simulator

top tier spooky at the begining but lt lost all the atmosphere once you were beating dogs with metal pipes

It's okay, as long as you play it with the thoughts in mind that it was developed by the B Team and it was never originally intended to become a Silent Hill game.

Attached: SH4_01.png (1050x525, 322K)

So, it should be viewed as its own thing rather than compared directly against 1, 2 and 3.

Attached: SH4_02.png (1050x525, 264K)

Attached: SH4_03.png (1050x625, 380K)

I think it was amazing for a Silent Hill game, tbqh.

Its great but very different from other games. Though it was always meant to be a SH game, ignore the sperg above.

I played this when I was 11 at my aunts house late at night and a floating head went past one of the windows and I actually pooped myself.

Yeah that spooked me pretty bad too

This was always well known. That's kinda what makes it great.

You are such a dumb fucking nigger.

ayyyyy another sh4 thread in one week????

whats the occasion?

Attached: 213615132.jpg (960x640, 140K)

comfy

Best Nightmare On Elm Street vidya ever made and always will be.

>Burping nurses

Top tier horror game enemy right there.

it's alright.

Flawed but super interesting. I LOVE it.

what are the circumstances?

The OST was kino

youtube.com/watch?v=4rAC6-UhJzw

sh4 had best and worst enemies.

Attached: the candles.jpg (600x369, 112K)

this one time my bcis teacher let me play the sh4 trailer for the whole class. good memories.

This
youtube.com/watch?v=XF3xCifQ290

It's fine. The only problem is the repetition of the same levels. Anyone who says that the limited inventory is a problem doesn't realized that SH didn't have properly balanced gameplay ever before SH4 and all combat and item handling was a free-for-all that served little purpose. In SH4 you have to think about what you're going to bring and you have to manage with less. Finally some fucking challenge in the gameplay of a SH game.
Also when it comes to theme songs, 4>3>2>1

Attached: eileen-galvin.jpg (500x400, 70K)

There seems to be conflicting information on this even within the dev team. Numerous statements can be found that claim 4 having ALWAYS been meant to be an SH game.

Fatal Frame 3 and Eternal Darkness both did it so much fucking better.

Literally did nothing wrong

Attached: 619191-walter.jpg (828x960, 63K)

>nothing wrong with mistaking an apartment for a parent

Attached: quston.jpg (620x451, 58K)

god that was a stretch of a plot

>Kikizo: One of the first things I wanted to ask was about the origins of the concept for Silent Hill 4, the idea of this apartment with a tunnel to an alternate world of horrors - what inspired this idea?
>Tsuboyama: We wanted to make a sequel after Silent Hill 3 and you could say that was the initial concept, but upon that we needed to implement a lot of new flavour to the sequel, otherwise it would have been the same old Silent Hill.

This is the same fucking guy saying the exact opposite thing. Why do Japanese devs do this so often? I've never known western devs to just flat out lie about superficial details of development but I've come across numerous incidences of Jap devs doing this. Seriously, why?

>it was never originally intended to become a Silent Hill game
It's amazing how there are brainlets who still believe this crap.

After a certain point in the story if you stand near the hole in your bathroom that leads to the otherworld you can faintly hear a woman crying and sobbing. At the very start of the game before the hole appears the spot it replaces is a bathroom closet. The event that triggers the crying sound is Eileen disappearing from the real world. Much of the game deals with the character blacking out and appearing in strange new locales. This is because a driving force of much of the game is that Walter is possessing and controlling you from beyond the grave and you have to fight off his influence that is compelling you to murder Eileen. When you travel through the hole it's actually just Walter taking over and going to the physical location. This is most notable in the forest because it's so far away Walter needed a car (you always begin near a stopped car). Henry's label in the sacrificial process is literally 'receiver of wisdom'.

I think it's neat. A kid brainwashed from birth in the crazy teachings of a hick cult managing to connect the dots that aren't really there. It's like the Utah tribals in New Vegas who accidentally connected the teachings of the bible into the acts of a benevolent unseen stranger. Except in the case of Walter those crazy teachings just happen to be based on real metaphysical phenomenon and his plan to resurrect what he thinks is his dead mother using the magic of his god may actually be successful. Just like how James in SH2 can actually go about materializing his imaginary substitute wife Maria in the resurrection ending.

nice

The dev's awkwardness made worse by the translator.

When Toyama left Konami after SH1, the remaining Team Silent always tried to innovate. SH2 was drastically different from SH1 and got a lot of backlash for it. This is the reason why Team Silent started to develop two games in parallel. Silent Hill 3 was supposed to please the fans of the original game. Silent Hill 4 was something the devs actually wanted to do for a sequel. Obviously they didn't have the budget for two full-fledged games, hence the asset reuse in SH3 and the lack of polish in SH4.

The story about SH4 not being a Silent Hill game is nothing but a misworded/mistranslated "there was no 'silent hill' part in the internal project name".

i honestly think i dont understand it as much because i am of a different culture. even the way the dialect is written in oriental cultures reflects a fundamentally different way of thinking. i believe that has played into the metaphysical plotline of sh4

Attached: 1329877388787.jpg (600x500, 256K)