Pick one, the other Mario game disappears forever

Pick one, the other Mario game disappears forever

Attached: Sunshine vs Odyssey.jpg (2548x1737, 3.87M)

I will always pick sunshine, its just a more comfy game.

is this even a choice?

>a broken unfinished trash heap with unskippable cutscenes
or
>a polished complete game with incredible movement and the ability to skip all cutscenes

HMM

goodbye sunshine

I choose neither so both games can stay.
Checkmate, OP.

Attached: 1546115453759.jpg (1152x864, 287K)

Sunshine. Odyssey is the better overall game but Sunshine's peaks are peak 3D Mario in general. Those FLUDD-less levels are too good to throw away just to save Odyssey.

sunshine

odyssey didn't feel like a mario game, and its atmosphere was not cohesive. anyone who disliked sunshine never grew up playing it or skipped entirely without giving it a shot. this coming from a guy who liked both 64 and sunshine.

Sunshine. The aesthetic and soundtrack are pure comfy kino. Odyssey felt more like throwing everything against the wall and seeing what stuck. Odyssey had some great moments, but a lot more forgettable ones. Sunshine felt like every level was part of a larger whole.

call me a boomer or whatever but mario odyssey and breath of the wild were not fun, they had some ideas thrown into a hub and said “meh, look for the gameplay or something” luigis mansion 3 and unironically zelda LA look much more appealing

Odyssey. Yessey.

> better mechanics
> Cappy >>>>> FLUDD
> More levels
> more comfy
> peach is a fucking babe in this, and appears more than in SMS

Attached: __bowser_bowser_jr_princess_peach_and_rosalina_super_mario_galaxy_and_etc_drawn_by_omochi_glassheart (1800x1682, 429K)

I thought Odyssey was fun up through completing Darker Side, but then I shelved it afterwards. BotW has great ideas and parts but as a whole is not what I hope Zelda sets out to be moving forward. Definitely had more issues with that one than Odyssey.

I'll agree with you 100% on BOTW, not sure who played that tripe and thought "this is a good zelda game". I've gotta believe that it was just journos shilling it and zoomers who grew up on Bethesda/Ubisoft games eating it up. I don't understand how anyone who liked the old Zelda games could like it when it threw away everything that made Zelda great in the first place. Odyssey was pretty good though. Not nearly as good as Sunshine/Galaxy, but a HELL of a lot better than 3D land/world, which truly were abominations. And agreed, looking forward to LM3 and LA. Never played the original LA so it'll be a completely new game to me.

Sunshine.

Mario Odyssey is a good game, but the worst 3D Mario game.

The "3D" games were fine and the most accurate translation of 2D Mario into 3D. The best ones? No, but they were fine.

>but the worst 3D Mario game.
When this monstrosity exists?

Attached: mario3dworld.jpg (474x485, 48K)

Odyssey. Haven't even played it, just hate Sunshine that much.

>monstrosity
You clearly haven't played it.

Not a monstrosity and not even a real 3D Mario

I haven't finished it because it's literally unplayable

this. it's so bland and the moons are not even a challenge, just "ground pound this spot" or jump up here. at least sunshine had actual challenge, albeit sometimes in bullshit stages. sunshine is memorable and has a good feel to it, odyssey is soulless nu-mario

I have indeed played them and they were just god fucking awful. They were a very poor translation of the 2D games into 3D.

The best 10% of Sunshine > Galaxy 2 > Galaxy > 64 = Odyssey > 3D World > 3D Land > the remaining 90% of Sunshine

Worst take ITT. What about cappy-less moons? There were some good platforming challenges. Even some late state sections WITH cappy provided more challenge than FLUDDless stages in SMS .

>years of, arguably unwarranted, shitting on Sunshine
>now everyone fucking loves it
What the fuck happened? I'd never call it a bad game, but there's been a complete 180 in recent years regarding its reputation.
Is it really just people growing up with it? For every FLUDDless level you have five levels turned into a joke with how trivial FLUDD makes everything.

Sunshine, I like Sunshine and think it's the 3rd best 3D Mario game. But Sunshine is maximum comf and pic related is kino stage design.

Attached: RHarbor.png (758x646, 954K)

sunshine has actual challenge
odyssey is shit and has baby difficulty

Xennial nostalgia hitting its apex.

I think everyone can agree that Odyssey is better technically and a lot more polished. But Sunshine is an extremely unique, atmospheric, comfy but bloated masterpiece.

Odyseey can be replaced, Sunshine can not. Sunshine is the only correct answer.

Odyssey had platforming challenges, they were just treated like BotW shrines. Most of Odyssey's intended "challenge" pertains to discovery and having adequate awareness of your surroundings. It's an "exploration first" Mario.

Sunshine.
Odessey was a disappointment.

> Is it really just people growing up with it?
Yeah, probably to some extent. I grew up playing Gamecube as a kid and now I'm 21 and using this site. I always liked the game but only now that I'm an adult have I started defending it on Yea Forums

I, like nintendo, don't consider this to be a 3D mario game. Same with Galaxy 1 and 2.

what about them? more of the same shit. most of them were just "get on the motorcycle and drive through" none were challenging. i can name maybe 10 moons in the entire game that were as challenging as the hardest stages in sunshine.

I want to ask a very serious question, what is it about cappy that allows him to be praised for cheapening platforming when fludd is bashed for it? Some say that cappy allows for more technical movement and is more in line with mario's moveset and what not so it's not as straightforward as fludd's free-float and such, but fludd offers many technical movement options as well and still smoothly adds to mario's movement in many ways. Regardless, in both cases the core situation remains the same: both characters are a crutch for platforming. Even though the level structures in both games accommodate the characters, they are still a way of cheapening the natural experience you would get with plain mario. So then, why is one bad and the other good?

I said I hate it ITT

In other words, people who found Odyssey "easy" probably just steamrolled through the obvious shit without trying different shit out... like this user

Yea Forums is just that contrarian. Sunshine is the worst 3d Mario game for 95% of people and Odyssey the opposite.

>more levels
>more comfy
>peach isnt a bitch in odessey

Switchfags

The Beach level in Odyssey alone did better what Sunshine tried during the entirety of the game. Its just not even close, and anyone who thinks otherwise Is just a nostalgia blinded GameCube baby.

I loved odyssey and 64 quite a lot, but I fucking HATE Sunshine. The physics feel wonky as fuck, I really dislike fludd, I don't like any of the levels, the """bossfights""" suck, the game is so bright it hurts at time, and that whole JUST BARELY HOLD DOWN ON THE R BUTTON TO FIRE FLUDD

You’re literally retarded

Good question. Just because cappy takes arbitrarily more button presses to use and therefore is seen as more "challenging". But once you know how to use it, long jumping with cappy is just as easy as using FLUDD and even more broken since you can go insane distances with it.

I don't know, I like Fludds ability to make Mario slide really fucking fast.

But that game is actually really good.
>you think it's gonna end but it doesn't
>and it just gets better and better

They're both great, and I think Odyssey is better, but I will choose Sunshine, because it holds a special place in my heart, and reminds me of a time in my life I hope I never forget.

goodbye zoomer shit

i hope you mean odyssey because sunshine is pure late millenial core

obviously

this. cappy is just as broken as fludd, if not more. you can trivialize any fucking platforming in the game. it's actually kind of ironic. people claim they hate sunshine because of fludd but then love odyssey even though cappy is just a worse fludd.

Oh shit! You fucked up a jump! What do you do?
A. just hold the button down and float back.
You know like, cappy allows you to set up for really cool shit, and is difficult to use on reaction to save your stupid ass, but fludd is just FWSSSSSSSHHHHH and you can have SECONDS of time to just float back where you was. There's never any danger of OH SHIT THIS IS KINDA HIGH in sunshine because its just FWSHHHHHHHH. What are some things that fludd does? Save you from being retarded, Oh, you just go big zoom upwards, thats.. cool. you can also go zoom forward! in two different ways! Fuck fludd.

genuinely brainless

bye odysSHIT

here's an idea, don't use fludd to save yourself? seriously, how is this a complaint? this is like saying bottled fairies in zelda are OP and ruin the game

Both are shit games but Odyssey is less shit

Here's my problem. The jetpack goes on way too long. Let me explain, I fully concede that cappy jumps and fludd hovers both skip traditional platforming. Where fludd fails is being way too precise. You can hover to exactly where you want to land, and still have another second to make sure your positioning is right. I'm not going to say Cappy isn't overpowered, but it's not even remotely as easy to use as a crutch. This could be fixed by shortening the hover timer to about one second. Hover can also save you from death with way less quick thinking (one button press) than Cappy (throw, position dive, assuming you didn't already use your jump).
Odyssey also has way more secrets to accomodate the absurd stuff you can do with Cappy, while Sunshine's reward is just making easy levels way easier.

Galaxy 1/2 are entire games of just FLUDD-less levels so into the trash Sunshine goes