Why is it so fucking boring?

Why is it so fucking boring?

Attached: halo 4.png (794x960, 1.36M)

I liked Cortana’s and Chiefs relationship explored more

what did they even explore? the fact that they'd be sad if the other died?

campaign design is a mess
>all levels consist of thin corridors
>prometheans have no personality beyond being screaming robots
>promethean weapons are just stronger reskins of human weapons
>knights are horrible to fight, having too much health, too strong shields, can teleport at will, and have a teleporting instant kill melee
>drones can swoop in and REVIVE KNIGHTS, forcing you to take them down all over again
>story takes itself too seriously
>no big level setpieces that stand out throughout the game

and that's just off the top of my head.

forgot one thing
>weapon projectiles are too fast, making dodging them less viable, and you have to use cover more to get your shields back, bringing combat to a screeching halt

It was kind of awkward, considering the short amount of time they actually communicated with one another. The fact he prioritized the bitch over the team he grew up with was even more inane.

Attached: throne.png (2713x2602, 3.31M)

Why was it so fucking great?
No really though, the only people who hate on it are massive plebs

Attached: 5912909fae653a06c328dfc6.jpg (323x433, 29K)

it was only great for making me want to play a better halo game

>crawlers being able to use binary rifles

Attached: 1566613239481.jpg (658x501, 54K)

Yeah that part was pretty good. I also liked Lasky and Del Rio. Didact and Librarian were letdowns though.

Cortana spent more time with Chief than anybody from her perspective. From his perspective, Chief's total time with Cortana may only tally up to a few months, but it's most of the more important moments of his life. Also, by the time he meets Cortana, Spartans are fucking dropping like flies. Cortana is a constant in his life that his team just isn't, plus she looks, sounds and acts like Halsey, so that probably has something to do with it.

>From his perspective, Chief's total time with Cortana may only tally up to a few months
He only actually spent like 3 weeks with her.
>but it's most of the more important moments of his life
It's not.
>Cortana is a constant in his life that his team just isn't
She was barely around. Chief's team was quite literally his life.

Attached: .png (1200x1200, 1.8M)

>need to read a billion books just to understand the fucking plot of Halo 4

Attached: bookshit.jpg (2570x944, 547K)

Attached: 1563246791752.jpg (2779x1696, 334K)

Nigga besides his initial abduction and Sam's death, you tell me what events in Chief's life surpass the shit he got up to on those Forerunner deathtraps.

Attached: 1552778294995.jpg (719x719, 82K)

Are you ignoring the rest of the beginning portion, where they go through training and age together?

Attached: .png (2346x1746, 3.29M)

The level and enemy design is ass, but the story had some kino moments here and there. Not a good game, but it makes you wonder what could've been if it got an extra year.

Attached: 1566936743536.webm (968x824, 1.89M)

No, I'm just saying it kinda pales in comparison to all the insane shit that happened on 04, 05 and 00. Chief trained and grew with his team, but then he had to basically watch all of them get picked off one by one by the Covenant. At one point, he thinks, with good reason, that he's the very last Spartan alive. But Cortana is with him throughout all of that shit. And it's a different kind of relationship than the other Spartans anyway, he says it in the game: "It was my job to take care of you." He viewed Cortana as someone he was supposed to protect (no duh, he jumped into a fucking Gravemind just to save her from space mind rape) and failing to do so rattles him.

I'm only speaking about 4, that is. His obsession with her in 5 is pretty stupid, but 5 is an abortion and is getting rightfully nuked from canon.

because they hired people who hated halo

Attached: 1552746337558.jpg (2678x1498, 1.07M)

It's still kind of dumb because the majority of his perspective is during the war's end, when he meets her. There's little material that has him alone with Blue team, but I still can't see how some AI formed a tighter bond after having such a close team for countless years.

Attached: .png (1456x1595, 971K)

It takes cues from Metroid Fusion.

this
also the overarching story is non-existant and chief just happens to release the antagonist while trying to help save the Infinity and all this small UNSC stranded drama.
It would've been much better if Infinity was already stranded and chief arrived to help protect the UNSC and find answers to escape and destroy the promethians instead of awkwardly going from mission to mission.

cortanna is a succubus and has chief salivating. He's a sexy ai hoe before bros guy and they did spend a lot of intimate time together.

It's a Halo game.

>and is getting rightfully nuked from canon
But it's not.

Attached: 1566403141365.jpg (499x534, 56K)

It's bad but there's no reason to when they can just fix it. Gameplay and level design are what matters most, and Halo really needs to fix that issue when campaign is concerned.