Tfw no Tremors video game

>tfw no Tremors video game

Attached: tremors-poster.jpg (670x1000, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremors:_The_Game
newgrounds.com/portal/view/531965
youtube.com/watch?v=c78ADVWyHWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It would probably be some stupid Walking Dead / Until Dawn bullshit honestly.
Not sure how you could make a "game" out of the idea

However, you could definitely make a game out of the later Tremors titles, they were so retarded

I didn't realize how much I wanted this until you just mentioned it. Apparently there was one planned for the Gamecube/PS2/OGXBox era, but it was cancelled.

How? It was a character-driven story. A very good one, but the rules for interacting with the graboids are too simple to make a decent game out of.

>Not sure how you could make a "game" out of the idea
asymmetrical pvp game

Tremors' real strength was it's characters, so I think a story-driven point and click adventure game would fit it well.

> tfw bought a Grizzly Big Boar just because it was in Tremors

Money well wasted

IMO it would be good as a linear narrative driven game with alternating puzzles and action setpieces. Puzzles where you have to move though a room without touching the ground, and action setpieces where you fight the graboids.

You could easily make a game out of burt's life. Hell if you count the TV show he gets into some real SCP type shit.

this, just gotta come up with some kind of graboid vision, basically plot sources of sound on the screen and make it look cool

I'm up for fighting some Graboids.

I'd be happy with this, too. But I want a token loli in the cast.

You just want to see her get eaten dont you

>Have to reach X point
>Can only walk on rooftops and other suspend areas without raising a NOISE meter that will attract a Grabboid

Attached: consider the following.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>mfw I watched the new one because I didn't even know there were 5 other movies and this one takes place in the artic
>mfw

Oh god what happened

Attached: 1373403264719.png (792x792, 790K)

just the run-of-the-mill sequels to an old 80s movie, just look at Terminator

jesus I stopped at 3. How the fuck are they still making movies

people demanded a sequel after they released the 4th one and the tv series got cancelled. They finally listened after far too much time had passed, and far too late and the soul was unironically gone.

There was a tremors flash game I remember being pretty good.

>Alien Isolation but in the desert and with a Graboid instead of an Alien
Can I get funding?

wait WHAT there was a tv series?

Yeah, on scifi channel

Is that the one where you just eat army dudes and grow? That one was awesome my man!!

was it good?

It ran on Scifi, it was actually pretty good. They were going to do another one with Kevin Bacon to go with the new movies, actually, but I think they cancelled the project early. I think their new plan is a reboot?

It was better than you'd think

Am I the only one that watches SyFys original movies? Like they're so bad but you just gotta see it to the end you know? Maybe they'll escape the saber tooth tigers they brought back that escaped after shit went down

That CGI that makes Toy Story 1 look amazing just brings tears to your eyes

Or you could go the dumb and simple route and just have a massive sandbox in some outback, a handful of compounds and settlements where you just kind of do shit and have the different Tremor type enemies.
Shreikers are the common type since they're obviously the simplest threat but easiest to kill, Assblasters are next type, Graboids are rarer than both but they can just absolutely ruin your shit unless you have some serious firepower or are willing to waste a lot of munition trying to get one....which will probably just attract another one and the lesser enemies.
They're just those Syfy, BIG ANIMAL TERRORIZES A SMALL TOWN movie, a Graboid is basically if not literally a Landshark so it's just easier to buy up a cheap property than come up with your own Land Shark.
I don't remember it being good but I remember wanting it to be good. Last thing that comes to mind is they accidentally hybridized Graboid plants that would poison people.

There almost was a game just FYI.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremors:_The_Game

When I still had cable I would watch a lot of them. I remember a rip off of I Am Legend that was really awful, and they had a series of 3 zombie movies that were technically different unrelated movies but they all used the same actors for everything. It was a little jarring since they all played them in a row

Works for me.

I could really use a Tremors vidya game.

Attached: whelp.webm (720x403, 2.73M)

I really liked the first movie but never watched any of the sequels. Are any of them worth it?

2 is kino
3 is ok
4 is lame, but well liked for some reason
5 is bad
6 is really bad

the second one isn't that bad. The third one is all about burt iirc and really embraces the schlock

I could see a Tremors game going two different ways
1)it's stealth only
2)full blown baiting & dynamite
The first movie itself however was made by the characters, and their bravado about what to do about the monster. A cut-and-dry conflict wouldn't be very interesting i.mo. I guess you could have an inverted Alien Isolation in an abandoned town or something.

Yep.

Attached: man with beard pointing.png (230x174, 37K)

Has there been any word lately on that new show with kevin bacon that's supposed to be coming out soon?

Nice. The gun wall scene combined with Jurassic Park turned me into a gunfag at an early age. I still need to get myself a PTR91.

It was alright. They were more like little side adventure and some of the stories were interesting.

Stealth survival

Trying to craft and find food while not dying

Fund it

you play as the creature

There is that mission in Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy

>if you count the TV show he gets into some real SCP type shit.
Haven’t kept track of all the Tremors shit since the second one, mind giving some examples? I thought the only paranormal thing in the Tremors universe were the graboids

so sad there was never a lost planet 3

Tremors game idea I've posted in game idea threads in the past
>Human players vs. Graboid players on a large open map
>Graboid players have a kind of outline of above and underground structures
>If something moves and makes noise, it makes a little ripple effect on the surface that you can investigate and attack
>Tongues can poke out and have a limited range of blurry vision and can be easily killed by human players, control like octodad
>Human players start in a small town, perfection, or a standin for it of some sort
>Goal is to escape the valley/area by reaching a certain point without dying
>This might involve repairing a vehicle or trying to be an absolute madlad and making a run for it
>Can throw shit to make graboid players think you're on the ground
>Graboids can enter a vulnerable state for a set amount of time to transform into a swarm of shriekers after enough time has passed
>You control the head one, if you die control switches to another in your swarm
>Likewise when you're the last shrieker in that bunch, you can transform into an ass-blaster
>Graboids grow more intelligent as time goes on and as graboid players die
>Becomes easier to recognize traps and fake footsteps
>Humans have classes, focusing on firepower, a burt type, running faster, or being good at some other aspect
>Can spec into specific types of graboids, dirt dragons, El Blanco, the African/Arctic graboids, etc
>Humans can repair a vehicle to make escaping easier, but not guaranteed
And that's about all I got, idea-wise

Attached: 1512929882457.png (710x406, 181K)

But there was...

It's been awhile since I watched it but it was less paranormal and more burt was always right and the gubment has secret labs that are making some horrifying shit.

just 2 and 3
4 is like "for further reading"
5 and fucking 6 is just if you're dying to see more by some chance

I only want a Tremors game if Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward reprise their characters.
I love Burt, but I've seen him in 6 movies and a show. Give the OGs the spotlight again.

>80s
It came out in 1990. Which, yeah, was still the '80s.

Played something on newgrounds

I didn't know fred ward was still alive but he's looking pretty good for a 76 year old

Attached: Pige.png (354x314, 213K)

no, there wasn't

Attached: 1564004419589.png (143x128, 28K)

funny joke user

>there's nothing new under the sun
>but in the stone age..!

Didn't the second or third movie have smaller enemies that would chase the people around above ground? Tremors could work as a game if so. Just make a few tremor types and you got a game there.

he doesnt know about newgrounds.com/portal/view/531965

2nd had the small bipedal walkers.

3rd had flame jet flying things.

youtube.com/watch?v=c78ADVWyHWM
RELEASE IT, YOU FUCKS.

the poster for tremors always pissed me off
graboids don't look anything like that

desert skies is a game

would remember having fun with it if there was

Attached: 1550066644853.jpg (477x724, 117K)

Yes. The second had Shriekers who were smaller and bipedal also whenever they ate they'd reproduce after a while.
They had heat vision.

Why do they keep making the monsters look dumber each movie?
They were perfect in 1 and 2.
I thought those were the tongues

Asymmetrical slasher game. One player is the monster.The rest have to evade/escape it by working as a team and utilizing items and environment.

That was a point in early advertising. That's one of the tongues, and in early trailers, they were trying to mislead the audience into thinking the tongues were the actual Graboids. The poster is meant to continue that

Yep they can certainly make a game then. It wouldn't even need more than 3-6 creature types to fight. Could work as a simple but fun licensed game. Nothing too dramatic or overdone. Haven't seen these movies in ages.

Closest thing you're gonna get

Attached: 1546332247385.jpg (143x250, 14K)

Trying to go bigger and "fresh." Even the Assblasters in 3 were fine. Everything else was trash

>no burt
gay

I would have played the fuck out of it if so.

Attached: Co-op QTE.webm (720x405, 2.86M)

>They don't plan, they don't strategize, they just kill
>Literally experienced them digging a trap for their vehicle in the first movie
>Literally experienced them taking a dynamite trap and spitting it back at them in the first movie
>Graboids are redesigned for no reason AGAIN despite using the old designs in pictures and the tourist trap sign
The franchise should have died with its integrity intact.

>they dont plan, they dont strategize, they just kill
nigger what?
what about Stumpy from the very first fucking movie

>cancelled
Maybe it was for the best.

Maybe the implication is that these aren't the same graboids? A different breed maybe. They've done all kinds of retarded evolutions in the past.

Question is where the fuck did they originate? Why do they keep existing? They hardly seem like something that can grow in a natural environment without being noticed and dealt with by humans. Even assuming they're feeding off shit in the seabed or some remote island or something they'd have to have reason to migrate to bumfucktown USA or the other locations they've been in.

At this point the only feasible explanation is aliens or engineered bioweapons(or both).

It got cancelled. It's just going to be one of those pilots sitting in a warehouse somewhere unless a disgruntled employee leaks it.

>At this point the only feasible explanation is aliens or engineered bioweapons(or both).
They're Precambrian

In-universe the different species thing is the explanation for the graboids in the arctic and africa. As for where they originate, them being an ancient species that has been dormant for millions of years is canon.

The government built them
Big surprise for the Russians

But what made them dormant? What's waking them up? How many of the fucking things can there be without turning the earths crust into one giant sinkhole waiting to happen?

Moldugas in BotW basically operate on Graboid rules. Too bad they're so easy to kill once you figure them out.

>mgs3 sound radar
>rc car fishing minigame
>tutorial narrated by burt
I can taste it bros. It feels so real.

This engine is fucking magic

Since they're pre-cambrian, probably the great dying or some other massive surface extinction event. As for waking them up, probably human progress or something like that. Excessive digging/mining, etc. In the forth movie, a group of them got woken up by a mine in the old west. And for how many of them there can be, usually no more than a dozen at a time, based on the movies. The most that have ever been alive at a time are the mexican graboids, which might have been a more than 20, I'm fairly sure, if I remember right.

i was thinking of watching tremors. never liked a giant monster movie or monster movie in general unless the monster was an evil barefoot little girl.

Would you go to Grady and Earl's Monster World, Yea Forumsros?

>Make it to rock foundation that graboids can't get on
>Turns out a gang of Shriekers are camping out on the otherside

Jedi Academy

I accidentally watched Dune thinking it was the movie with the giant sand worms.

It would make an awesome board game

I watched it a few times and it's about some company or agency making mutants with some "mix master" thing.