Been playing this over the free weekend

its pretty good

Attached: The_Surge.jpg (720x1080, 165K)

Not horrible I suppose, but the level design was so damn boring, and the whole thing felt a bit stale. Felt like it was just copying Dark Souls with few ideas of its own other than "it's Dark Souls with robots and power armor bro"

The sequel's gonna be a lot better.

Attached: ts2.png (245x110, 42K)

The level design was the only real complaint i had with the game, everything looked the fucking same so it was easy to get lost sometimes

people are playing it already?

Is it closer to Dark Souls quality?

Yeah, this. It was like Dark Souls backtracking without the "aha!" moments. More like "how the fuck did I get here"

Closed beta.

Yes and no. Combat has gotten some big improvements, so much so that going back to The Surge feels like handicapping myself. Level design is a lot more varied. Boss count is up, but some of them are just humanoids.

I wonder how they managed to make a combat system slower than Lords of the Fallen, and that shit level design didn't help either.

Lords of the Fallen ran like such complete fucking garbage on my computer that I've yet to really given The Surge a proper try.
It looks fine. If nothing else, they look like Deck13 have improved leaps and bounds over their days with Venetica and Jack fucking Keane.

Is the hammer still fun to use

You mean heavy-duty weapons? Hammers are their own specific weapon class new to The Surge 2, and they're nice. Kind of like a meatier one-handed weapon. I never really used heavy-duty in 1 or my time in the beta for 2. Always felt too slow.

I've already did 3 playthroughs of the beta yet I want to keep playing more

Attached: 2514a4285e32351a527a60da4d2aa0a4.png (246x105, 19K)

If you parry then hit with a heavy duty hammer, you can crit over 1k damage easily

The key to this one was using the claw weapon type. Everything else had their special brand of slow animations with multiple hits causing wildly varying timing that you could never get used to. Claws were pretty much the longsword equivalent.

Can you play as a custom character yet?

Yes

Attached: 90ab9fc9883f2f18873e9e476aee35ed.png (292x524, 331K)

Nevermind, I googled it, you can. Good on them finally figuring out why people dislike their games.

shit taste
also shit company, massively underpaying their employees, treating them like shit, cutting corners everywhere
rightfully has some of the worst ratings on job networks

it's a hell of a lot better than their first try, lords of the fallen or whatever. It has the same uninspired, terrible aesthetic, but the combat is much more satisfying and enjoyable.

You mean Deck13, or Focus Home? Gonna need some sources either way.

>Dark Souls = Resident Evil
>The Surge = Dead Space

just thinking aloud

Attached: 1536360374194.png (1008x709, 715K)

D13 employee here. That poster is full of shit. Also AMA but don’t bother I won’t respond anyway.

Do you care that people are breaking NDA for the beta in this thread?

Fuck off shill

>river city girls, greedfall, and surge 2 in the same month

Attached: 1541556160107.jpg (500x597, 61K)

Personally no, publisher might take actions.

Fucking nice.
It's really hard to get into the whole "indie dark souls" thing when they tend to glaze over one gigantic third of the appeal: being a massive flaming fashion souls homo.

>taking actions against anonymous hearsay on a micronesian shoe shining forum
For my sake I hope not

Eh not really. First game was pretty bad.

> anonymous

You mean slit-eye controlled?

The Surge sucked dick.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a poor bitch who only plays free/cheap as hell games. Why the fuck anyone wants to play "Slow: The Game" is beyond me.

>inb4 you haven't played it hurr durr
I got to the 3rd area before I couldn't push myself through the absolute shit combat. Why the fuck give me robo suit if it's slow, clunky, and barely has any power?

enjoy your barely above minimum wage and unpaid overtime in the countries most expensive city while creating soulless dark souls knockoffs

>countries
country's

no need to thank me.

God damnit just yesterday i've seen anons praise the level design as the only good thing about this game along with art direction.