GOTY discussion thread

Literally SCPs: The Video Game and that's a good thing

Attached: 3519465-control--promo12.jpg (1280x720, 503K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dfcR8AWIWyM
lmgtfy.com/?q=the fuck is SCP
youtu.be/oWgm2FQnB9M?t=1952
youtu.be/ZZFeU29sB7Q
scp-wiki.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

would you an astral spike?

The MC is kinda cute other than those gnarly wrinkles. I like her voice

>The only defense of this piece of shit game is the mc is kinda cute

Fuckin hilarious, have sex

Seriously, how are more people not talking about this? It's EASY GOTY material but it is absolutely designed for PC, this game with Ray tracing is absolutely a wonder to behold. I don't often gush about games like this but it really is that good.

Attached: 1404400092771.jpg (600x490, 106K)

99% certain it would eat my dick along with the rest of me, so no.

Now, Hedron on the other hand...

Do seize speed mods stack?

I think so? They shuodl, in any case.

okay, it's probably because I'm using a 66 and 67% and I just can't tell.

Too bad it runs like fucking garbage.

I feel like enough people aren't making this connection. This is L I T E R A L L Y SCPs: The Video Game. Is this not a big deal?

Attached: 1541400995371.jpg (750x731, 72K)

tfw the chant the Hiss corrupted constantly make isn't just random nonsense, but is actually the verbal form of its infection

Don't play it on your fucking shitbox and you won't have that problem retard.

So the game is actually decent?

We already had a number of scp games

>durr games cant be poorly optimised ur just poor
1080ti and 8700k with 32gb RAM, faggot. 40 fps on medium fucking settings. Cry about it.

>dat charge

Attached: 1533482961146.jpg (284x280, 30K)

This retard again.
1060 100fps work on my machine, stop using shitty bitcoin VGA retard

Yeah, it's fun. Ignore the storewar faggots.

>works on my machine
Textbook, parts aren't second hand and I've never mined crypto. Stay in denial.

Normies and plebs don't care about the idea of SCPs as a whole, merely the handful of whacky iconic ones like the weeping angel ripoff.

173 and the Angels are really odd because it's next to impossible to tell which came first. The Angels had their TV debut prior to the article going up, but 173 was apparently made a while before said debut.

You have to be lying, because my rig is a 980, a 5820K, and 16gb of RAM. I'm getting a constant near 60 with no dips below 50 in hours of gameplay, except for this bug that occasionally causes it to stutter like shit when I alt tab back in, but that resolves itself when I alt tab out and back in again.

Who knows since there no fucking user reviews in Ebin store. Enjoy the future of gaming user and buy shilled by drones games to see for yourself if its good or not.

Attached: 14248810725210.jpg (743x557, 60K)

Nothing better than reading some collectibles to break the pacing....

>y-you have to be lying....
The game's actually good, issue is it runs like shit which is also the case for PS4.

This is my biggest annoyance. I get that voice work is expensive, but fuck off. Have the MC read the shit she finds while I play, and don't make me go into a menu to listen to the old director talk.

You don't NEED to read or listen to them. You can complete the game without any collectibles, or side-missions. It's pretty much entirely optional if you want it to be.

I don't care if it runs like shit on the PS4, but you're lying if you're trying to claim you're getting 40fps on medium settings with that rig. I'm getting higher, on a mix of medium and high, with a much shittier rig.

Yeah and The Force Unleashed used Euphoria. Nobody cared.

not him but something's gotta be wrong with your pc since I get smooth 60fps on an i3-8100 and 1060 at medium-high settings

What the fuck are you talking about? You can watch youtube videos and decide for yourself...

>tfw it's a Threshold Kids episode

Attached: a6e.jpg (500x428, 61K)

Yeah that's exactly what I said. Listen to paid shills on youtube and buy.

How the fuck did Langston know they were called Hiss?

With that mindset how can you even trust user reviews, how many of them are bots?

Same reason all the portraits in the Old House changed after you become the director?

>GOTY
But RE2make and DMC5 are already out.
Get this tranny shit out of my face.

There's several documents that were made detailing the Hiss long before Jesse ever actually names them. What's weirder is that they were APPROVED by Jesse as the Director no less.

The implication seems to be that the Board/and or the House just decided to retroactively apply the information.

>shills on youtube
I mean pure gameplay videos without commentary... does everything need to be spelled out for you?

Or...
Yarr matey

Hard to believe a major studio made this game

Well there is a lot of pretty impressive tech in it.

Orgasm worthy.

>how are more people not talking about this
>absolutely designed for PC
Epic Game Store

honestly they could have done lot more with the "shifting" building

>SCPs: The Video Game
I still can't belive we even got a game so close to that, and it came out almost from nowhere.

but what does it mean

Attached: controlalanwake-2.jpg (4032x3024, 1.85M)

ok remedy..... i'm still not buying your game

>Work my my machine
>N-No you're lying!
hahahaha fucking retard

Attached: controlalanwake-1.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

What is SCP?

Attached: 1565072599731.png (540x301, 147K)

Alan Wake and Control exist in the same setting, alongside QB and (possibly) Max Payne.

This: And also a stupidly high minimum requirement.
You can play some AAA games on all ultra with a PC that is the bare minimum required for Controll, its just stupid.
Good thing that at least it's fucking well optimized, good to some some devs put effort into PC gaming.

Special Containment Procedures.

Being serious, it's a setting where a massive organization deals with all kinds of unnatural nastiness to try and protect the world, whilst being lead by a mysterious council of overseers who are also various degrees eldritch themselves. It's basically the primary inspiration for Control.

Games fuckin kino. It looks great, the art and sound design are nice as shit. Weapons, abilities and movement feel good. Characters and plots are interesting. Fact Yea Forums isn't suckin this thing's dick dry just further proves this shit isn't about video games.

Attached: 1503887005431.jpg (406x598, 40K)

They just did SCPs: The Vidogame: MCU inspired edition.

What's QB got to do with anything? Nobody ever talks about that shit.

”You are a worm though time. The thunder song distorts you. Happiness comes. White pearls, but yellow and red in the eye. Through a mirror, inverted is made right. Leave your insides by the door. Push the fingers through the surface into the wet. You’ve always been the new you. You want this to be true. We stand around while you dream. You can almost hear our words but you forget. This happens more and more now. You gave us the permission in your regulations. We wait in the stains. The word that describes this is redacted. Repeat the word. The name of the sound. It resonates in your house. After the song, time for applause. We build you till nothing remains. The egg cracks and the truth will emerge out of you. You are home. You remind us of home. You’ve taken your boss with your boss with you. All hair must be eaten. Under the conceptual reality behind this reality you must want these waves to drag you away. After the song, time for applause. This cliché is death out of time, breaking the first the second the third the fourth wall, fifth wall, floor; no floor: you fall! How do you say “insane”? Hurts to be happy. An ear worm is a tune you can’t stop humming in a dream: “baby baby baby yeah”. Just plastic. So, safe and nothing to worry about. Ha ha, funny. The last egg breaks now. The hole in your room is a hole in you. You came and we let you in through the hole in you. You have always been here, the only child. A copy of a copy of a copy. Orange peel. The picture is you holding the picture. When you hear this you will know you’re in new you. You want to listen. You want to dream. You want to smile. You want to hurt. You don’t want to be.”

Ah okay cool, it's a good game, although suddenly become the new director is kinda jarring.

Metacritic: 81
lmao

Think SCP as Man in Black + Twilight Zone + Lovecraft

QB references Control several times, and namedrops places and terms used in it, Ordinary and AWEs amongst them. And in Ahti's little song, once translated from Finnish, it blatantly references it.

I'm fighting the fridge but I keep falling through the floor. wat do.

its like parabablelr universes so it can be everything and nothing
depends on if remedy buys back quantum break from ms and whoever owns max payne

>You can play some AAA games on all ultra with a PC that is the bare minimum required for Controll, its just stupid.
AAA games are designed for mass market, not to be graphical flagships.

You appear to be upset. How unhinged do you need to be to think this game is a piece of shit?

Dodge and move away from the spots it digs its legs into. Former actively destroys the ground under you with each stomp it does, so you need to move to avoid insta-dying by falling through the cracks.

>sold by epic tencent
I'll give it a pirate.

Yea but on PC they are always poorly optimized and the developers can throw away money into the graphical department to make them look as better as they can to cover the lack of substance.
Control has no such ammount of money and ahs more content than the standard AAA game, and it's even better optimized than all of them and doesnt look that much better thatn them to justify that disparity in reuirements.
Hos is this shit possible?

>mfw Alan Wake guides you through the magical world of crazy /x/ shit.

Attached: 1560058143202.png (515x290, 142K)

>already paid by epic tencent
FTFY

its no need to optimize for pc since computers are so fucking powerful in comparison to consoles
maybe they would optimize games if pc gamers would stop buying overpriced flagship products

because SCP is for faggot zoomers

8 is pretty good

Not what was being said, you'd know that "works on my machine" is a cop out statement if you weren't a colossal fucking newfag.

Even better, the dev has their money, so I am depriving Epic Tencent of the entire sale.

Fuck, you're right. Don't play it!

What a retard logic, your statement is clearly false because it run smoothly on my computer = you're dumbass that doesn't know shit about computer.

Holy fuck the levitate is so cool

I'm running it on a 2017 laptop on low at 1080p and it's running fine here. The game is really well optimized.

>it run smoothly on my computer = you're dumbass that doesn't know shit about computer

Attached: laling @ ur life.png (356x429, 386K)

Checking in from console
Controls are ass

>and doesnt look that much better thatn them
It does, though. The lighting, geometry (which shoots through the fucking roof when fighting starts), effects, reflections etc are all definitively a higher grade than what AAA is currently pumping out. I'm more surprised that game runs as well as it does.

And optimization is just flipped with AAA. PC is optimized pretty well but it runs like absolute dogshit on every console but the one x. It's probably just a difference in how they spent their resources.

Fuck no I get 30fps with a 2080ti 1440p and it's not very fun or good gameplay either
Another dull movie game

Why do retards lie like this? at least make it believable, jackass.

Attached: 2.png (1920x1080, 372K)

Not literally

turn off ray tracing l m a o

It's close enough.

If you had spoilered the OP pic I would have thought this was a Lobotomy thread.

Cute and Funnypilled

Attached: 1549990497178.gif (800x685, 1.16M)

Fucking shitposter can't even lie right lmao

To anyone who has finished the game; are there any hidden missions after the ending?

Quack

Attached: 1545585577720.jpg (3840x2160, 2.44M)

Because everyone was gushing over it on GTA IV at the time.

When you meet your brother dylan when he talks about his dreams He's says there are parallel dimensions which one world had a writer that wrote a book about a cop(Alan Wake and his book which is actually about max payne) and another world where the cop was real (Max payne himself).
Really cool shit honestly

It's SCP if it was written by actual writers, rather than random faggots.

I find it hilarious how Former is heavily implied to be an ex-Board member that decided it would create its own Astral Plane with blackjack and hookers.

The collapsing floors are really pissing me off

Pierce is gunfu.
Launch is abilityfu.

It's all coming together.

>[*radio noises intensify*]

Any parallels to Quantum Break?
I’ve been looking, but I’m far behind thee.

I thought the shotgun would be my fu, but I love pierce. I just wish I could shoot it more than twice before reloading it.

microsoft still owns quantum break

Fucking goddamnit where is this last mold jesus shit I checked everything.

Curses. Guess I’ll make my own headcanon then. Sam Lake be praised.

Best way is to draw the enemies into a line and headshot them all with one shot. Who needs to reload when you clear the level with one click?

Oh wow 60fps on a 1000usd gpu kys cucks games shit

Calm down, boy.

Being fair, the idea doesn't seem THAT hard to come up with on your own. "Don't blink or bad thing happens" seems like a pretty common thing to feel paranoid about. Like how if you see some kind of dangerous animal or something, you shouldn't take your eyes off it or something.

another joyless sod for the graphics crowd, you have my pity

Not really. Just references like the town of ordinary which was referenced back in QT. which suggest the games are all set in the same universe as in the same world unlike max payne and alan wake. But the document also suggest its the same world. I dont know its all really weird

Gonna be honest I cant stand her man face. This isnt something I've ever said before so this means something. I always found those complaints stupid. "Haha dude it's a boy ass". "Morgan Manjaw eww yikes!".

But this creature literally looks like a regular ass dude. It's so fucking off putting. It's like when I went to register for college years ago and a fucking apeman in makeup and yoga pants was running the desk. It makes my soul try to escape.

have you looked on the support pillars at the very top where they split?

There are similar motifs between the works, but I handn’t made that connection. Thanks.

Control has both graphic fidelity and immersive atmosphere/story. Makes me wonder what people want from video games.

Attached: D16141D7-013B-4127-BFBA-56EC0C239723.jpg (474x266, 13K)

Suck my virginity cock cunt

Holy shit the Anchor boss is fucking me up.

It's especially odd since the idea didn't really boom until 173 and the angels got out there, with the angels probably playing a bigger overall part in that.

Also decent gameplay with barely any cutscenes where you're mostly just exploring the enviroment and fighting enemies. It gets better when you get the flying powers

They gameplay isn't even good though? Fuck up Sam Lake remedy shill

haha cry more

If you’re not having fun, perhaps try a different play style or strategy.
Right? I feel like Remedy games only give back as much as you put into the game.

Why are you so angry, lad? what happened?

Yeah right after I posted I found the last two.

Something I wish they explored more was the angle of the MC being a freak with all kinds of weird powers. There should have been people advocating to study her, etc.

The game seems to virtually ignore the fact that you can fucking fly and throw forklifts around with your mind

Why do trannies shill their game so hard? We get it, it's cool to play as a dude with a wig on.

I'm fairly certain these kinds of things come naturally to the Director. Hell, it seems to be almost routine for the Board to give these things out.

Not even mentioning that parautilatrians who bind OOPs to themselves can use similsr powers, so theyre already familiar with this stuff.

Playing on PC here... what is up with the load times? Every time I die I wait 2-3 minutes for a reload.

go away

Have you considered getting an ssd.

The game play is better than quantum break, the atmosphere, graphics, music and lore is easily better than qb, i have a feeling this will be looked upon fondly as time goes on, but Jesus christ, why did they take the epic exclusivity, missing out on my money and potentially others because I bought every remedy game besides this one, but i don't want tianmen square deniers getting my money, fucking chinks make me sick, fucking dog eating, flesh eating virus, killing themselves with elevators/escalotors faggots.

Attached: 1563668770595.jpg (600x596, 20K)

I reinstalled on an SSD and still quite long. Game is fun and super cool concept, but these load times...

I did it

I got the door open on the pillar in Foundation.

It is place for congratulations.

bs
it plays like another boring ass cover based shooter in big and empty uninteractable environments and 30 minute long cutscenes of people just talking. Watching the first 2 hours of this shit was absolute pain and im sorry for anyone who bought this shit thinking it will be an actual horror game

Alt-tab where it pauses, fixes it for me. I tried borderless, fullscreen, etc, still is a problem but alt-tabbing fixes it.

works on my machine

Attached: 1537021102633.png (992x1120, 425K)

why are you making up shit in a thread where people have played the game?

>cover based shooter
stopped there

I pirated it and I like it.

>30 minute long cutscenes
nice try faggot, there are barely any cutscenes
most of them are optional lore videos

Kill yourselves shills your game is total garbage and has nothing to do with either scp nor an actual good game as which you try to sell this dogshit of a product. I want my 2 hours back

>m-muh stronk wimmin protagonist
big yikes.
not even gonna bother pirating.

This game is boring, nice combat, but no normal plot, no intesting personages and poor optimization
6,5/10

Sonychads where are you at? we're the only platform to get Jesse's sexy skintight astral dive suit (aka buttsuite)
youtube.com/watch?v=dfcR8AWIWyM

Attached: control suit.png (1394x785, 983K)

BUT WHO WAS PHONE

>"NOOOO IT WAS BORING TO WATCH!"

Attached: 1557996627762.png (356x327, 36K)

Most of the people itt have probably pirated it, it’s actually a really good game, remedy is back baby

this reads like a paid shill post

go watch some more streams you tiny man

This thread reeks of shills spouting buzzwords to make their product seem to be more than it actually is
dont even bother pirating this shit. Alan wake is the only game you faggots managed to make, go make another one

Maybe you need to run dx runtime or update your drivers, try clearing dx cache and disable nvidia shader cache, game has a lot of geometry

This game is so dull. Also the latest Nvidia drivers made performance worse on a 970 lel

this thread is people discussing video games and you interceding with your autistic screeching every few posts, simple as.
your humble servant, person who wants to play video games and discuss them, post count in this thread: 2 including this one.

>Advocating piracy and happy that remedy have made a good game is shilling
Ok nigger

This thread is proof Yea Forums is full of paid shills. No one in their right mind would touch this shit game.

stupid nigger

you and your discord channel shilling garbage are not "people"

>shit publishers advertised the game with feminism and Epic Store shilling
>they never thought of showing off the game itself
Sorry OP, the publishers really fucked the game this time round.

oh no the shill got called out

Attached: 1415649052408.jpg (255x220, 7K)

Buy a newer gpu, goy.

Attached: plob_00_featured-400x600.jpg (600x400, 47K)

There isn't much game to show off. It's pretty much the worst Remedy game in terms of gameplay.

you are not a human either, you are an NPC and I occupy your head rentfree with no effort. by enjoying or discussing a game I'm literally making you seethe to the moon and back. What a pitiful, pathetic existence.

Look at this shit thread. There is no discussion here. You lost long before you even made it, by playing a soulless cash grab with shit environments, shit combat and shit story. I pity you

>There is no discussion here.
not anymore there isn't since you shat it up

>Epic exclusive
dropped

Fuck the Anchor boss.

>Naked man fends off paid shills while masturbating

I wish I could make a game as good as Alan Wake
Go have fun playing something else, and gtfo this thread.

Just because a game is good doesn't mean you have to hate it to fit in here. Cool your anus, McManus.

So worth a pirate? I have 760Ti and play most games on medium nowdays

I have the money, I expanded it on my entertainment. I enjoyed the game, thus I can justify my financial investment on entertaining myself. Most investments on video games are inherently cashgrabs since they rob you of capital you could've expanded on something more worthwhile or has returns, so you aren't in a highground for spending your cash on smash or mario or kiddie games, my friend. Your criticisms of this game are also intended to be from a consumer VP, which is not yours since you obviously did not buy this game, as thus I will discard your hollow opinion in the trash.
this thread's discussion? it exists. You are shitting it up right now with nonstop samefagging. Instead of spending your time on yourself, you spend it to enter threads about a video game other people, and underline the word OTHER, are consuming and talking about, and spending hours trying to express and communicate your seethe to me and the other players of this game, my friend, that is literally bottom-feeding, rock-bottom levels of verminous parasitic patheticness. You are literally mad at me because I am entertaining myself, you say you pity me, but I quite literally don't feel anything towards you nor acknowledge your existence. A few minutes from now once I'm finished with reading what the other Yea Forumsros have to say on control i'm gonna go back to playing it, in the meantime, you'll still be here, samefagging, whining, screeching, seething, calling people shills, until this thread gets archived, and you move on to the next thread. A parasitic and pathetic seethe-ridden existence.

Have straight sex.

>the main game is only 10 hours
>main and extras is only 11.5 hours

thank fuck i didn't buy this game it's not worth the money in the slightest. i'm playing it now and it's alright, kinda alien isolation style going around the map unlocking new places and stuff but it does get kinda boring. i just got to the black rock quarry and i'm guessing i'm already halfway through the game.

>doing Old Boy's Club mission
>have found 2 videos of Threshold Kids creepy ass show
>find a report that talks about the backstory and why the show was made
Fuck, this stuff you can find in reports is fucking great. I am constantly exploring and finding great stuff as a result. Like the letter where the guy tries to ask a co-worker out for a date and later find the letter saying no. Or how you can know all about the Oceanside hotel and the Lightswitch Cord before you even get to them in game.

Main character is straight out of nordic cop tv shows.

I've definitely put way more than 11.5 hours into the game and I still haven't finished it yet.

I've put at least 12 hours in and am only about halfway through.

I got hyped really fast and out of nowhere for this game kinda like the way it came out, got it the next day and was a bit disappointed to be honest
at first it just didnt click in some areas, in others I was sucked in and interested from the start, but after a few more hours I can safely say I really like what Im seeing, got a few more powers and now Im enjoying the combat as I expected to

I literally cannot remember any vydia where I was this interested in the notes and audio/video logs I was picking up, last one was probably silent hill or alan wake, but even in AW I wasnt always this interested for some reason

I just find it strange how I like pretty much everything about it, if the music picks up Im all in for a big fight, when I roam the hallways Im looking for stuff to read/watch because I want to know more, I want to do every side stuff and I also cannot wait to see where the story goes

long story short, its a great game so far in my opinion, easily one of the best by remedy and I can even see it becoming the best from them

Yeah when a 2080ti can't get 60fps at 3k or 30fps rtx dxrt on its gay
Stick with 431.xx

how are you supposed to enter areas like this?
i just suicide run for the items

Attached: 1561394955226.jpg (2560x1440, 655K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHEN IS MY FUCKING COPY ARRIVING
It hurts being a physicalfag

Is this new pasta?

You'll get a pill, but I also just suicided.

in the research lobby there's a hole in the ground with mold around it... jump in.

Max Payne cause hes in pain
Alan Wake since he wants to wake
Jesse Faden cause shes faden away?

The tactical response outfit makes her thicker too

I like this one

Attached: all-outfits-in-control-header_feature[1].jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

she looks very Sarah Connor in that one

Northmoore was supposedly all about power and he could use the floppy to launch small things for minor distances
meanwhile mc jawface launches forklifts like 300 meter distances
unless northmoores power was about fire which would fit his story

i've played for about 5-7 hours and i'm over halfway through the game according to the wiki. i have 4 main missions left of 9. i've done all the side missions as well like the garbage disposal, the items of power and stuff. it's really not that long of a game.

Man the games difficulty is no joke. You'll get fucked and die instantly if you aren't playing smart.

Are those reference card values? My vega 56 averages about 50-60 at that resolution @ high preset.

Vega 56 Pulse I meant

inferior to the astral dive suit
she looks painfully thicc in that one

So you have the shield and mind control?

Alan Wake was so fucking overrated

Give it to me straight bros - is the PS4 version worth it? I really dont want to install epic shit.

if you have a pro then I guess yes. It's what I ordered
shame you didn't preorder, you missed out on the buttsuit. Also the PS4 versions have a bunch of exclusive content, especially if you get the digital deluxe edition. RTX is a meme if you don't have a 2080Ti or another high-end GPU comboed with a 1080p panel, any higher resolution and you might as well as be playing console with the framerates.

>if you have a pro

Attached: 1525155518279.gif (303x175, 2.81M)

are the ps4 faggots behind the epic shitposting? lol

you can always pirate it you know, Remedy has the money, EGS payed them the cheque upfront

Gameplay is kinda shallow for now. I hope there's a shitload of other skills down the road (I only have launch and dodge)

SOOOO
I never gave Quantum Break a chance - worth it?

>lol
Are you underage? Wait don't answer that, we all know the answer.

Yeah there are more, but you have to find them.

Give me a quick rundown of this game. (other than "it's scp the game")

great response shitposter

you lift shit and thorw it around, its cool
you smash shit inot shit
you shoot people with guns
cool postmodernist & abstract aesthetics
intriguing lore & exploration

that's what I picked up while trying to take my focus off of Jesse's delicious butt

>dude you're interested in the game you must be a shitpooster
You're a retarded child. LOL

The bosses in this are actually tough. Not dying is actually hard.

yes you're an epic shitposter, i don't even know why you got this mad

there's shield and convert enemies

No, you're the epic shitposter. Epic for the win, my man.

i was talking about epic games you complete retard
calm down man

I just got convert enemies. I think I am really going to like this an start maining it. Am I making a good call? Is it good and reliable leveled up and late game?

Holy christ you are a dumb child.

>it's SCP but bad
>SCP is already bad

How about SCP but worse, then?

I need the Epic Store to play this on PC?

If yes then should I just get it for PS4?

Attached: 1450589205720.jpg (516x440, 53K)

Just pirate it. It runs like shit on ps4, and doesn't even run all that great on pc.

>I need the Epic Store to play this on PC?
Yes
>If yes then should I just get it for PS4?
No, even ps4 pro runs it like shit constantly diving to 20 fps while rendering at 1080p max

Are you niggers being serious about this piece of shit being good?
isn't this just "quantum break: random girl with manjaw edition"?

Is this the blandest shooter ever?

DSP likes it a lot. You can tell when a game is shit.

play the game shithead

I used throw most of the time. It just destroys everything later on.

The pure vitriol for this game is insane, I don't know why people hate it this much.

>watching DSP

Are the ones who like it shills or just literal retards?
What a brain fucked retard do you have to be to think this is good?

Because it's the worst SCP game, no enemy variety just zombie goons, there so much room for alien weapons and enemies but remedy just made another tech demo

name a good game then
c'mon don't be a pussy now

I think it has an interesting setting but the whole thing feels sort of bland.

I might pirate this game and see if I like it.

I finally beat the mold boss. I don't exactly know how I beat him though.

The gameplay only really comes together a couple of hours in once you get the push/pull power and another gun type. It gets even better when you get levitate.

It reminds me of Shadow Complex meets Psi-Ops, but with a more interesting story than both and Remedy's excellent setting and combat.

In German "Faden" means something like "thread" or "strand".

whats the general plot about?the game looks pretty but I can't be bothered if it's not interesting to me personally

>In German "Faden" means something like "thread" or "strand".
Well people are going to have a field day with that when they learn about it and Kojima cameos in the game.

KOJIMMAAAA

She was also a playable character in Quantum Break you chode

>the game looks pretty
no it doesn't
>look at these concrete walls

You enter a typical X-files/SCP paranormal government branch building looking for you brother who was taken as a child to find out that extradimensional mosters have broken lose and running amock in it.

It doesn’t make her look thicker, if you compare the tactical one with her original one her legs actually gain muscle

>it plays
>watching
Fuckin dumb bastard.

>The gameplay only really comes together a couple of hours
That's sort of the problem I have with it though. It's pretty linear until you cancel the lockdown and everywhere you find locked doors that require higher clearance. And I get the feeling I won't find levitate until I follow exactly what the game wants me to do, meaning getting to the science floor or whatever it's called. Too bad I apparently need levitate to get to the clock thing on the containment floor.

So will I have a better understanding of this if I play QB?

I’m impressed by how many don’t realize this game is on humble bundle

I mean i haven't even played it yet dingus
i hope it's heavy on the paranormal stuff

>the MC is cute
these have to be shills, she looks like a tranny

nigger what?

No. Sadly, this is not Quantum Break 2.
By character I mean it’s the same exact actress used for motion capture for Beth wilder (featured in QB).

the fuck is SCP

>the fuck is SCP
lmgtfy.com/?q=the fuck is SCP

the game is heavily inspired by SCP

I speak da true true

its just a key for epic at the same price. no point unless you want to support humble

Ya, it's one of those games where you progress and get new abilities and then the map opens up. My comparison to Shadow Complex wasn't unwarranted. Unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done about that if you don't like it.

I just want Alan Wake 2, and I see faint glimpses of it in here.

holy shit you're right
do i need to download some kind of store to play humble games?

Attached: humble.png (1251x692, 752K)

very nice

someone post her ass so I can see how many polygons it has

enable god mode from cheat engine

It's fun enough. What bothers me is that the effects of the games look very messy. RTX is nice and all but the diffused lighting looks noisy as all fuck. Traditional SSAO unironically looks better and runs a helluva lot better. All these sites claiming Control as the 'best' showcase of RTX effects and, quite frankly, it's shittier than the benchmark demos that have been out for free.

you probably just get an Epic key

please tell me it's a steam key or at least through humble itself

it literally has the epic logo there

>shape shifting gun
>turns into generic pistol, machinegun, shotgun, rpg

was control available for preorder on steam at any point? did the people who preorder it there get it?

This is a good question.

Remedy learned their lesson from having Microsoft withhold publishing rights on both Alan Wake and Quantum Break. Not sure how they handled or plan to handle the release of Control though.

You say that like it’s a bad thing

how do you get this?

Attached: outfit.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

I think they announced EGS exclusivity before the game became available to preorder.

you have to solve the "luck" puzzle next to where you meet the ranger leader

Hey, fagbags, how do you rate weird shit in the game? Is it good?

Attached: CujIY7aA0rM.jpg (640x622, 209K)

Where and what do I pirate? I've tried two different torrents and both of them crash on startup, am I missing a crack or something?

Attached: 123.jpg (736x718, 58K)

what, the manjaw?
is that on lowest settings or what?
it's a joke, just a generic shoter

yeah got that ages ago

Attached: Control 0.0.269.9979 (FINAL_release) 29_08_2019 10_35_15 AM.png (1920x1080, 2.83M)

>
>what, the manjaw?
>is that on lowest settings or what?
>
>it's a joke, just a generic shoter

Attached: 1555574410128.png (406x431, 17K)

Damn, what a shame.

Im running a 2080 and i keep rtx off since it really kills the frame rate

Legitimately might be my GOTY but I don't think 2019 was that eventful. That said, I'm probably not as annoyed because I have a 2080 Super, performance seems less than ideal.

Yes but I have one issue with QB and that is your MC feels heavy when moving, slight delays in movement.

Attached: 1566946329652.jpg (1206x630, 116K)

It's literally free, are we going to pretend the majority of Yea Forums actually buys games?
Also the game isn't even that good so it doesn't get talked about. Surprise surprise.

lmao, who the fuck approved this and thought it wouldn't get mocked?

>are we going to pretend the majority of Yea Forums actually buys games?
Yea Forums is full of retarded redditors

>Legitimately might be my GOTY
you might be clinically retarded

i'm so fucking tired of these damn killrooms in games. this game is not that good. killroom after killroom with same enemies and bad guys are same too but just scaled 1.5x
plus the ai sucks and you are invincible when you can kite around the enemies and they wont hit you then you get constant health from combat drops. it becomes a chore. no danger at all. if you legitemately think this is goty material id suggest you educate yourself a bit

I actually just unlocked this.

Cute? Are you fucking gay? Cant see any other reason for a person to be attracted to a dude in a wig

>humble bundle is a re-seller
>epic exclusive
>you just get an epic key
Into the trash it goes.

shit devs
youtu.be/oWgm2FQnB9M?t=1952

I’ve played to the research labs and so far there are at least 6 different enemy types I’ve encountered, also wtf is a kill room are you implying that enemies aren’t in every room or something?

>ctrl+f epic
>20 results
Putting your game only on Epic is a death sentence. Why do publishers keep doing this?

>Time quest
>Failed the 2nd times
Jesus what the fuck, this game is tough

>Yea Forums represent the whole industry
user please

This is some really strange shilling. You're trying to advertise this game as being like SCP when it's not really that SCP at all. In fact, it's way more of an ESPer shooter like Psi-Ops and Second Sight. We already have freaking SCP games, Remedy shills. Containment Breach, Secret Laboratory, and lots of other small fangames. Also Lobotomy Corporation for an actual management sim which captures the idea of an SCP type game way better than what you're trying to advertise.

Tell your strategy director or whatever they're called that they're way off in their shilling strategy here. As well as the fucks who ask what SCP is and then answer themselves as if anybody here doesn't already fucking know what SCP is.

Yeah the protect fbc agent one is tough, those cunts just suicide

>expecting Yea Forums to purchase games
The majority of Yea Forums doesn’t even play video games lets be honest.

Is it just me or lately whenever there's a thread about new games retards keep yelling shills more than usual.
I swear it was not this bad in the past.
Are we only allow to talk about smash now?

Attached: 1565658517315.jpg (1459x1218, 301K)

Is that jump in clocks possible normally?

Becaue half of Yea Forums are faggot normie zoomers who don't give a fuck and use epic anyway instead of pirating dat shit.
This place is basically reddit, just look at some of the idiotic vocabulary used here.

Attached: 1532308964054.jpg (1200x800, 44K)

look at the retards calling the game good, goty, the mc cute
everyone would think they might be shills

no

same dude but with different hat isn't different enemy type.

how is the game not good? it's not goty, far from it but it's good.

Fuck. Why did it even let me get this far just to tease me? Guess I'll go check the Black Rock place for the main quest.

>supernatural premise
>enemies are generic humans

The OP made the subject "GOTY Discussion", used literally SCP as his only real descriptor, and said "and that's a good thing" in spoilers. If he's not a shill, he's still a faggot.

SCP as a descriptor is repeatedly used throughout the thread without any real showcase or discussion of SCP-like things. I read a bit about the game myself upon seeing the thread and become somewhat interested then immediately disappointed. The service weapon for example is just a lame excuse all standard gun weapons in one thing. If there were something like EGO weapons from Lobotomy Corp in an actual action game I'd be excited as fuck, but no, generic shooter with basic psychic powers package.

retards call it SCP because that's the current supernatural meme

The game revolves around the FBC which is vaguely like SCP and you encounter quite of few 'objects of power' including documentation on how these need to be stored/contained etc. like many of the SCP articles. The objects of power are hardly the main draw of the game but yeah they're in there.

the FBC (organisation in the game) works very much like the SCP fundation. They collect, research and contain items with anomalous properties.

except the devs themselves said the took inspiration from the SCP site

kill room is one of the oldest terms in video games you zoomer.
you run through those empty hallways with nothing to do in them then arrive at some room for the unskippable battle. you gotta be retarded to not notice this.
they also made it even more dumber here by adding those red lights so you know some boring shit is going down. literally ubishit tier outpost capping

The gold suit looks great

Good to know you haven’t seen past the first area

Who found the Poets of the Fall object of power? I was kinda hoping they did something more with it

>No boss fights
>GOTY

What the fuck is this shit then:
And you ask yourself how look like a shill to others ? Jesus

not him but I never see anyone using that term
he probably thought it's a specific in game term

Let's see, three posters or some greentext shitposter. Yeah let's go with the latter.

guess neither have you since you don't know those enemies are going to be the same till the end

how is that a shitpost you brain damaged retard? the enemies are generic humans

>all those sloppy shills
you'll know they're a shill, because shills automatically respond to posts like mine to defend their narrative.

SCP was the supernatural meme for several years already. Nothing particularly new involving it has made it more widespread or noticeable. It has established games and its core themes are supernatural horror and management. This game only has a bit of the first, but not much due to being an action shooter, and no real focus on management as you're the action shooter protagonist.

That's fucking obvious. What's disappointing is their implementation into the gameplay. They're used as the backdrop, setting, and mook enemies, but it doesn't affect gameplay much at all. Your weapon is a multi-gun and telekinesis is a boring as fuck power that's already been in a bunch of shooters. Like you need to go into Bioshock levels of varied superpowers to tread near innovative. Mook enemies are mook enemies no matter their flavor.

that's cause you're a zoomer too who got his gayming rig yesterday

I'm not even at the end and hiss troopers are common but hardly all of the enemy types, aside from the object of powers, the weird as fuck boss creatures in sidequests, and the hiss variations like the ones that can use telekinesis etc. there's also the mold enemies.

You’re talking about arena shooters you faggot just because you called them kill rooms doesn’t mean anyone else did holy shit

Im talking about the fact, not the poster, you defensive cunt

>no one talks about this game
>suddenly multiple threads that have 100+ posts

Hmmm

ur mum is a cunt lmao

PS. this is a confirmed fact.

youtu.be/ZZFeU29sB7Q
Its a pretty neat section.

no i'm talking about killing rooms you faggot, stop seething cause you don't know shit

how do you get this mission?

The fuck are you talking about, are you saying the fact they’re mostly humans? They all have different ai, I swear most of you cunts just watched a bit on youtube and said nah it’s shit

>game comes out
>people talk about it
No way are you for real?

who are you quoting

>Faggot who made up term yells at everyone for not knowing his head canon
Fuck off

yes he means they are all generic humans you retard

>they have different AIs, so don't think too much about the fact they're all human
this's gotta be the shittiest angle of defense I've seen in a long time.

Shills, to prove you are not in fact a shill and are instead actually a rabid customer who enjoyed the game so much they wanted to actively advertise it to others, do a bit more work and actually showcase some gameplay through a webm you have personally recorded.

It takes literally less than a minute to setup a simple OBS recording. It takes less than a minute to turn a bit of that recording into a webm if you know what you're doing or have one of the webm for retard programs. If you've been playing the game so much, you should be able to show us something fancy. I'll be disappointed if it's just you shooting something then launching it with telekinesis though.

>SCP
What in THE FUCK is that anyway?

scp-wiki.net/

Shills, stop doing this, you've done the ask what SCP is thing like three times at least in this thread already. We know what SCP fucking is and it's strange as fuck for anybody to ask what it is.

or just post screenshots you faggot
it's a troll
fuck off retard

This doesn't tell me anything
I literally have no idea what it is and also check the new IP number retard.

Game looks pretty bland and nothing special.

Not speaking for anyone else here, but at some point in time I used to record and take a shitload of screenshots, but as time went on I realised I want both the game and myself to stop wasting so much goddamn time so instead I come here to talk about the actual game after actually playing in (which is probably a mistake). It's one of the reasons I actually like the game since downtime is minimal, but I did just come from dropping the most watered down game I've played in recent memory which is AC: Odyssey.

>implying they don't have a folder of similarly named webms they got from the devs
Those webms will showcase some completely mundane shit, calling it now.

>also check the new IP number
you are a fucking retard, no wonder you can't google you fucking retard

Remember what we talked about during the meeting, interactions have to seem N-a-t-u-r-a-l. Don't forget to get your gluten free bagel before leaving today.

What the fuck do you even want
What do you hope to gain from browsing this thread

t. actual faggot who don't know video game mechanic terms

All the shapes are phallic because it projects your character's inner desires.

a knowledge of the latest trends in social marketing :)

I'm too lazy to make webms but I did upload a few clips to youtube, but they're more making fun of it. I still really like the game though.

That’s not an argument, you’re complaining because an enemy doesn’t look like a monster? All enemies look distinctly different so you can tell what they do, get the fuck out of here faggots

Nigga, yours is a fucking non argument. Go get an actual fucking degree in marketing, they probably hired your ass from fiverr or something

They are called arenas not kill rooms

god you are retarded

Why didn't they get CIA to act in this one?

I probably would but my copy hasn't arrived yet.

I'm gonna ask the real question here though, would you not call the webmposters shills for posting shilled bullshot montage of their game to advertise the game to other people in this forum? Probably not. You'd still scream and seethe about shills no matter what, because you're a mentally ill and bitter toddler.

Just installed it. Play for a while. Uninstalled.
Ironically for a game called control, the controls are abysmal.
>No crouch toggle.
>Can't leave sprint once you set it without crouching. Pushing sprint again does nothing, when it should stop your sprint.
>No aim toggle.
>Use button is F for some reason, not E like any modern game.
>Third person shooter with no cover mechanic, so you never have a clue if you're in cover, or standing out in the open like a retard while your shitty overheating gun takes 10 years to reload.
>The enemy indicators are wildly inaccurate, they jump all over the place.
>Can't skip opening loading logos.
>If you die in a boss fight you don't get reloaded when the fight starts. I would bet money that further into the game there are bosses proceeded by unskippable cut scenes.
>No FOV slider.
>Awful motion blur.
>The telekinetic ability control scheme is retarded, you have to hold down the button before you aim, instead of a push to grab, then a push to throw at the target.
>Going back to the game after using the in-game menu is fucking atrociously slow to load.
This game would have been better off as an FPS. Making it third person does nothing for it.
It's a fucking shame since the SCP Foundation concept/inspiration is amazing.

well isn't that fucking convenient

Attached: 1471031099843.jpg (620x413, 34K)

A couple of those are valid, and half of those make a lot more sense using controller which is what I did. Doesn't really excuse poor M+KB support but just saying.

Also it doesn't put you back right before you died because the control points are basically Souls bonfires lite.

Do you legit accuse people of being shills even though they are not armed with advertisement content such as webms to properly shill their game? That's kind of ironic my dude, 80 IQ take to be quite honest with you. I mean it takes a fedora rim so wide to not see you're shooting yourself in the foot with this shitty obsessed and rentfreepilled accusation.

Not an argument

>Literally SCPs: The Video Game

Lobotomy Corp does it better

>It's a fucking shame since the SCP Foundation concept/inspiration is amazing.
good you confirmed you are a retard
bait harder retard

No, I do not accuse you of that. However, I do question the fact that someone who's copy still "hasn't arrived" would come into a thread about the game and vehemently defend the fact that the discussion is organic (due to the quality of the game, no doubt) and that there are no shills to be seen.

based maggie

Look, Remedy, slightly different humans does not a good enemy variety make. That there are even human or humanoid enemies at all in a supernatural-themed shooter is already a disappointment. Think of something like an Alpaca that randomly teleports throughout the entire facility and blasts the rooms it passes through with psychic waves that turns people into bushes. Or a gigantic God/Deity portal made up of limbs that sucks weak-minded people in as if it were a hole to space. Or maybe an actual literal mythical beast like a Phoenix but in active containment that will actively explode and set you on fire as it breaks out.

Well why are you trying to discuss a game you haven't even played yet. Also, it would give me a better inkling if they have even ever played the game. As far as I can tell, I'm not convinced there are actually more than 5 people here who have played the game at all.

>Yea Forums is one person
Dude may have just wanted to see how the game is being received here.

>crouch is literally a toggle
>cover mechanic? just stand behind cover
>there is an FOV trainer
>use mmb for telekinesis, not e

these are the ones that are blatantly retarded, but most of your other issues are still just tiny nitpicks

HOW IS QUANTUM BREAK THOUGH

Attached: 1556629396457.png (442x357, 289K)

i'm 110% sure Yea Forums is infested with corporate maggots who shill their masters products
too easy atenttion cause we will argue about anything and that's just more visibility for the product

>Yea Forums is one person
what the absolute fucking kind of seizure triggered post is that? who even implied that? You're running on fumes before you even started, faggot. Or is it because you are already distancing yourself from the post you made five minutes ago?
>I probably would but my copy hasn't arrived yet.

has anyone ripped the soundtrack for the maze level song yet? it's exactly the kind of shit I enjoy listening to and the official single is only out on spotifag. fagify. that worthless shit service my aged brain can't understand.

it's got good songs, mostly. minimal and brutalist, just like the design

I'm probably like mid-game but I've never used the crouch, simply timed properly running or moving behind a pillar or something whenever I knew a big attack was coming since they telegraph it quite well. Just moving around is enough evasion for most of the normal soldiers. I would also like to point out that adding a cover mechanic goes directly against Remedy's game design/style of play, imagine having it in Max Payne.

A thread were the last 100 posts are people arguing about wether or not the game is shilled is not the positive kind of attention. "There is no bad publicity" is a meme.

Wasn't even that dude, and you look significantly more assblasted than any of the other posts I skimmed through. Just putting that out there. Not sure on what kind of mission you are to prevent people from talking about a game they like but it's looking pretty pathetic.

>needing weird downloadable trainers for what should a basic fucking option on PC.

that shit is in the PC release, you can even put it on with cheat engine lol
will be modded on within the week

>Yea Forums is infested with corporate maggots who shill their masters products
yes it's called redditors, reseterafags and normalfags
>No crouch toggle.
>no cover mechanic
>you have to hold down the button
you can tell this guy is a literal retard

and then there is you
>doesn't play the game
>hates the game
>hates people who play the game
>still, with no invitation, comes to game's threads
>for the sole person of calling everyone a shill
Another ironic and ebin take, my friend. Is there some kind of badge or title for whatever you're doing? do you come here to closely investigate what people are saying about this game even though you, by your own claim, have no shtick or share in this game? I'm inclined to not believe it. Infact I'll turn these obsessed shill accusations around and point them back at you. You sound like a shill from EA or some other video game company paid to come here and shitpost.
Deal with it.

how do i disable to motion blur?
there's enough vaseline on the screen as it is
heard about the -noblur in .exe properties, that work ? can't try it right now

>not even that dude
come on, now.

Attached: 1515964322032.jpg (190x170, 15K)

>>The [dude] may have just wanted to see how the game is being received here.
Calm your autism my friend.

Literally obsessed.

what the fuck is "SCP"?

Can you really only use two weapons at a time?
In a game where more weapons don't even take up more space?

Attached: 1549027058832.jpg (500x695, 52K)

>still, with no invitation, comes to game's threads
Sorry, should I have asked the head of marketing for an invitation?

Attached: 1474586115705.jpg (682x600, 103K)

>hates game
>comes in game's threads
is it aspergers? is it that insane samefag shitposter that mods talked about a year ago?

Fuck off with your falseflag.

you can switch guns at any time

what is it? urbandict comes up with stoner control point

try hard you brain damaged retard

>utterly unable to follow a three post conversation
>calls other people autistic
Jesus Christ.

>hates game
>comes to game's thread to express seethe at game's players

this is you. you're seething at me. I'm literally doing nothing, I just exist, and you seethe.

Attached: 1427318138582.png (800x778, 328K)

>I would also like to point out that adding a cover mechanic goes directly against Remedy's game design/style of play, imagine having it in Max Payne.
The thing about Max Payne is that it's a bullet time shooter with diving and rolls. An old game like Second Sight had cover mechanics while also playing similarly being an action TPS with psychic powers. Also Mass Effect for a much more visible example. The fact you point it out as design philosophy signals you as being somebody who was internally told the reason why there wasn't a cover system. It's not something a random gamer would know off the top of their head. Remedy hasn't been super relevant in a long while and while there are old fans of Max Payne, I don't imagine them being super interested in this game.

Also, don't say something extremely generic like mid-game. Actively note out the point of the game you're in like the most recent SCP-like object you passed. Make a point of saying details that actually indicate you're playing the game. If they all come out as generic, that's bad.

this isn't reddit you fucking retard

You mean by opening the menu every time? Yeah, I guess. That's so silly though. Hell, that makes it even more dumb honestly.

but I didn't even know you exist until you dropped your angry wall of text in response to my post, user. Something doesn't add up in your logic.

If I can watch pure gameplay videos without commentary why would I want to play it? The entirety of the game is laid out for me in video format.

Jesus Christ look at this post, what a mess, just go play lobotomy Corp or something

>this isn't reddit you fucking retard

Attached: 1555571484715.png (540x510, 124K)

It's mid-game as in I've literally done half the main quests. I just started the Containment area content. Also the diving and rolls are replaced by the dodge in this game which again is more focused on fast-paced combat since the actual dodge is like half a second.

I did, I enjoyed it. This game's use of SCP as a concept is disappointing in comparison. A triple-A budget that decides to do nothing really interesting with it.

Attached: 1308772278303.jpg (457x759, 57K)

You know I exist, you acknowledge, recognise and pay homage to me, fren. I occupy a flat inside your empty head without paying rent. This is the chief reason why you're here - You're here to metaphorically demand me to pay you rent (I.e concede to you or acknowledge you), let's not sugarcoat or lie about the little relationship we have here, because this is a thread that you have nothing to do with yet you enter out of the seethe and anger that is devouring you.

Oh and regarding your design philosophy shit, you're literally just /x/ at this point. I just like good game design, and I finally think Remedy did a good job here because Quantum Break was ass in terms of game mechanics. I can tell most of the decisions they made are competent for actual gameplay reasons which is why I emphasized that shit is clearly done by design.

It's not idea but it's not like you need a specific gun at any time.

You are gay.

>more angry tirades

Pretty sure it's just to make things easier for combat since you only have two modes to switch between with one button. Otherwise they'd need to introduce radial menus or that kind of shit, which I also prefer not having. So far I've just been sticking to the two gun forms I like the most.

OHNONONONONOAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA TIM WINS AGAIN THE GOTY BORDERLANDS 3 IS COMING TOO

>Inb4 but I will pirate it
THANKS FOR THE PUBLICITY PRIATE BROS AND THANKS FOR 0 SALES ON STEAM TOO

Attached: 1557780055765.png (763x758, 164K)

Agreed my only gripe so far

Where did the only 2 weapons at a time fucking meme come from anyways. In the old days, there were games where you carried full arsenals and could swap to every single weapon you had at any time. Hell, Max Payne was one of them.

Why so angry, shill.

>4690k + 1060 6GB
>1080p medium settings with no MSAA
>55-60fps on average with dips to 40 here and then
I need a new pc

Attached: 20190828155707_1.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)

>Where did the only 2 weapons at a time fucking meme come from anyways
Halo

>damn, he's making me look like a total nutcase, better call him mad!
Alright, I mean. Your funeral.

What's the point of PC gaming if you have such shit specs that you might as well be playing on a console though? I wonder how many of the "PC master race :DD" guys are actually running on office work computers

Doesn’t fit the tone of this game at all, not all scp is gigantic monsters, this game has it as object that influenc the world around them, it’s in the same vein of Alan wake

Didn't think the 1060 would be that shit.
I'm getting 50-70 fps on a 290 on medium.

Attached: Control_DX11_2019_08_28_13_03_33_291.png (1920x1080, 2.86M)

>marketing on Yea Forums

Uh, that's racist, sexist, and transphobic? Where can I report you to your supervisor.

It's not all giant monsters though?

How scary.

you can leave a heart-shaped origami in the idea box, we've talked about this

Game publishers ought to monetize ads on youtube and streaming services. That way they can make money on a project off those who got the same experience watching it played instead of buying it.

It's a solid 5 out of 10

Talking to Dylan is fun

if 5 means average

Attached: 1336631528286.png (801x703, 61K)

There aren't even a lot of cutscenes though.

>GOTY
Look I know it's a Remedy game but you don't need to jerk it off that much. The game excels at three things: the writing, the overall atmosphere/design of the world, and that trademark TECHNOLOGY autism that Remedy always goes full ham on which supplements the spectacle of the game very well.

However, everything else besides that is middling to serviceable at best. First off the combat after a few hours just becomes so fucking boring. For a game that touts itself with the SCP name, enemy variety, gun variety, and even the abilities feel severely lacking and neutered. I genuinely don't know why didn't they just give you an actual sniper rifle, an actual shotgun, an actual assault rifle, and instead gave the Service Weapon a host of absurdly amusing mods that you get from different "SCP"s to really shake up the upgrades you get.

Then we go to the enemies, fucking wow. Mooks with guns, mooks with bigger guns, mooks with guns and armor, mooks that fly. At least the "setting" for the boss fights are pretty good like the whole TV shtick or my personal favorite boss in the game which is the fucking fridge. But Jesus Christ I would have been fine with the whole one gun shit if they at least really took advantage of the SCP gimmick by giving you actually interesting enemies.

And finally and most ironically, despite being called Control you barely have any fucking fine control over your telekinesis. Imagine if Gravity Gun-tier fine control for box stacking. The actual abilities might feel good the first time you get them but overall they're just meh. There's really no point in the "WOW YOU CAN GRAB ANYTHING" gimmick because at the end of the day it's just a generic point and click throw.

Like why can't I grab more than two objects? I can control debris.
Why can't I upgrade the melee to just decimate everything in front of me? The levitate+force combo doesn't cut it.
And really? Balloon-tier floating?

It's a bland TPS with a fantastic coat of paint.

It's like a Netflix Original.
It looks great, has a lot of interesting designs and sets.
Some actors are not trying hard enough and they get too much presence.
The writing is kind of shit, but not shit enough to get mad about. It's consistent, it just feels like they stopped caring after they realized how much work they had to do to justify all the weird stuff they wanted.
And the action is just there. It's dull. It feels like three separate teams made this and didn't communicate with each other very often.

Do they really have to keep constantly zooming on her ugly man face during dialogues?

Stop talking shit

Attached: 1538685491697.jpg (640x479, 25K)

you jelly?

It makes sense because the shots are for monologues but they sure overdid the monologues in general. That and I don't think she did a very good job voicing the role either, actually. She worked better in Quantum Break.

>my personal favorite boss in the game which is the fucking fridge

based

Yes. That and the constant internal monoloque are unironically the worst parts of the game.

Shit, I just came across a dude who needs to keep staring at a fridge or something bad happens. Game told me to come back later, is that it?

>game looks great
>bad PC port and runs like shit on console
Was this someone's monkey paw wish?

Attached: EDHD_9DVAAEiAJL.jpg (1000x1000, 100K)

LOL AUTISM

One good song from the game and they didn't even release it. I can't even take the normie option to buy the song, have to download it from YouTube. I can feel my ears itching, like the shitty bitrate is raping my eardrums. Bitrape.

go back later

So I just beat Tommasi in the Communications Department. Was he supposed to be hard? I just pelted him with my pistol (with the rapid fire mod) from behind a pillar. And whenever one of his goonies began to get close, I'd run over to another corner of the room. I didn't get hit even once.

Also, is there a way of highlighting on the map where the numbered locked doors are? I got the #1 key but I completely forgot where all the #1 doors are.

play it on PS4, go back in time to pre-order it, jerk off your dick while screaming the name of the corporate overlords who you have given your life and freedom to, eat the remains, and then fagelate yourself with your own spine for playing this on a console that was designed before the fucking 10 series was an option for cards

The PC port is a bit weird. There are times when it runs flawlessly, but there are also occasions where the game straight up goes to 30fps. Not 40fps. Not 50fps. But 30fps. I don't know what causes it. For example, in the first firefight after leaving the director's room and getting the Service Weapon, you get ambushed by like 3-4 enemies in the hallway just outside. When I started that fight, the game dipped to 30fps. I have no idea why. During certain cutscenes, there are times when the cutscenes are 60fps and others when it is 30fps.

The Anchor is pretty good as well but I mostly agree with your sentiments and it leaves the game in a really weird catch-22. You want to play more of the side quests because that's where the interesting things are but you don't want the combat to overstay its welcome because of how lacking it is.

Not really, it's basically just an introduction/tutorial for floating telekinesis fuckers.

you'll fight him again later and he's one of the hardest bosses

Mods for fixing Jesse's manjaw fucking when?

Attached: 1566976352430.jpg (1206x630, 132K)

Is there no outdoors? All screenshots i've seen are taking place inside facility

Just speedrun the main quest until you get flight, then go back to the side quests and have actual fun.

hopefully never. I like her jaw.
seethe harder chinlet

no actual outdoors. the facility is under lockdown

There is the Quarry but the entire game takes place in The Oldest House.

But I'm having fun so far. I just want to know if there's a way of indicating or pinning on the map where the locked doors are, because I have the memory of a goldfish. I don't want to miss out on potential gun mods hidden in chests in these locked rooms just because of my shitty memory.

I honestly like the game so far but I wouldn't even mind this t. woman. What's even up with the faces in general, sometimes they look really good like Ahti, who looks way more detailed than the main character even, then there's people who look basically PS2-tier.

Bravo kojimbo

Chances are you'll be revisiting those places for missions that pop up from time-to-time.

>tfw the final upgrades for your abilities are just more numbers

>Then we go to the enemies, fucking wow. Mooks with guns, mooks with bigger guns, mooks with guns and armor, mooks that fly.

Wait, I'm at the NSC power plant, so are you telling me that all the enemy types have already been shown in the game? Are there no alien or sci-fi creatures in this game? Or horrendous experimental creatures gone wrong or anything like that?

Attached: 5afcf00f337c355b6563cb67ff63b207.jpg (1024x1448, 159K)

t. XXY

The more weird SCP-tier supernatural fights happen with the bosses. The generic mobs are sorely lacking with a few exceptions.

The mold kinda fits that description I guess. Then there's weird unstable blobs, but that's all I've seen so far aside from bosses. I haven't completed it yet.

They should have gotten Olivia Thirlby's face instead of Courtney Hope. Thirlby proved that she can do good action in Dredd. So if they wanted an action actress, Thirlby or even Emily Blunt would have been better and prettier.

Attached: 1480905031705.png (1409x584, 831K)

The pratfalls of games wanting to be photorealistic in games is that it doesn't work well. We aren't close to getting it down as a style and in the worst cases they just try to slap a real person's face on there.

Wait until you get to the anchor or mold

Kojima is in the game

I like Blunt, seems like it would be above the company's pay grade though. I also have the disappointing feeling that they would mess up the transfer to 3D. Seems to happen very often.

call caramel now

At least Yea Forums understands what's real.

It would've ended up exaggerating her nose or something like that.

You'll be revisiting all the places for optional quests, but the main quest is the one that unlocks keycards and abilities. So if you don't want to constantly revisit every area every time you get a new keycard, just rush through the main story.

so is the mc a lesbian or not

if yes then fuck this degenerate apologist garbage i hope it bombs

So sad this cutie never got a decent role since Dredd

Ah, I see. I guess I'll do that. So I guess that also means the answer to my question is no and the game doesn't have any way of showing on the map where all the locked doors are? Such a shame. That should be a Metroidvania standard.

got this game with my 2060 for free and im just not feeling it, should i keep on playing? does it get better? and i cant turn on ray tracing even though i have an RTX card please help im fucking retarded

her sexual orientation never comes up

She wants to fuck her brother.

>so is the mc a lesbian or not
I don't think it comes up at all in the game as her only concern is finding her brother, nothing else matters at all from her point of view.
Her world consists of herself, her brother and Polaris though she does admit that the likes the building.

How'd you feel about the fact that to get to the best parts of the game, you have pause it and read the things you collect?

When do I unlock the ability to have more than one weapon at once? I hate going into the loadout menu to switch between the pistol and the shotgun every time.

pretty early on.

I wish there was a weapon wheel

Does the PC version not have keybound weapon select?

Think I heard reports maybe of needing latest Windows (1903?) and drivers to enable it. Not sure if it's accurate.

>I genuinely don't know why didn't they just give you an actual sniper rifle, an actual shotgun, an actual assault rifle, and instead gave the Service Weapon a host of absurdly amusing mods that you get from different "SCP"s to really shake up the upgrades you get.
this dear god this

they should have done this instead
think about the possibilities of using a rubber ducky augment on your gun. fucking imagine Yea Forums

once you get the second slot you can switch with F

It does.
Press F to change weapon.

SCP is 100% pleb and zoomer thing, though.

That dude staring at the fridge told me not to forget and I totally did forget.

you can go back.

will he still be there after you beat the game?

It's okay some other FBC guy probably found him and give him some water.

typical roastie, ghosting the nice guys !!

yes. it's not time sensitive.

>started on Yea Forums
>been around since 2008
>zoomer

She's pretty bland and inoffensive in all aspects honestly. Game's fun, she neither makes it better nor gets in the way.

I was having problems running the game as well, it ran at sub 20FPS with an inherent slowdown delay that even affected the audio sync. Switching from borderless to fullscreen fixed it, now it runs buttery smooth at max settings on my 1080

>I genuinely don't know why didn't they just give you an actual sniper rifle, an actual shotgun, an actual assault rifle, and instead gave the Service Weapon a host of absurdly amusing mods that you get from different "SCP"s to really shake up the upgrades you get.
I know. They're lazy fucks and couldn't be bothered to animate different shooting animations for the service weapon, which is why all the modes look the same and use the same animation. And god, do i fucking hate the "0.1% increase to anal damage"-bullshit upgrade system.

I died as I killed Former. Does he give you anything?

Skillpoints

I didn't get any. That's fucked

Did you go back to the fridge?

Yeah, she just says it's fine now.

Which is a shame because the particle effects and sound design of the weapons is great.

Also yes, RPG damage mechanics suck the life out of action games.

Unbiased review:

The tech of the game engine is cool. The lore to the story is all right, serviceable but not original. The gameplay is your typical third person shooter fair, with enemies that are too blandly disappointing than what the setting should entail.

Boring/10
Buy if you like putting holes in walls, destroying your boss's carpet, or seeing neat stacks of papers go poof.

Attached: 1566221795571.jpg (359x499, 146K)

sounds like a standard remedy game

I don't like how the enemies spew out misty oil instead of actual blood.

Go talk the guy who runs the department.

Hopefully now that they've got the exposition and backstory of horseface out of the way they can make some DLC and focus on the shooting/abilities/extra dimensional horror aspects of the game.

Yeah I did that after I made the post. I'm just sad I didn't get to see it die.

Eh. Forget DLC.

I'd much prefer if they expand on what they learned from Control and dedicated it to making an even better Alan Wake 2.