You start up a new MMORPG and are greeted with this choice

You start up a new MMORPG and are greeted with this choice.

These are the only boot options in the game, and once you pick a pair, they're automatically equipped and cannot be removed, nor can they be upgraded.

What do you choose?

Attached: butes.png (990x409, 45K)

I don't think 5% damage reduction is really going to make that much of a difference. Also, I'd like to enter this

>pic related

into evidence

Attached: gotta go fast.jpg (300x168, 5K)

> 20% faster outside of combat
MAYBE if you're doing some cheesy speedrun shit and getting lategame gear by exploiting holes in enemy patrol patterns this would be useful, but it would only give you an advantage for as long as it takes the legit players to reach that point
> cooldowns outside of combat
just fucking alt tab and wait

5% less damage is a permanent combat buff. Fuck yeah.

>put one leather boot, one boot of haste on
>2.5% defense buff, 10% speed buff

get on my level

None of these meme images ever describe how the game actually works.
So 5% less dmg is the safe bet, since maybe the game is spent always in combat.

Need more info, are the warps mounts or other ways to travel and how easily/fast are they available, How good are the cooldowns

Magic Boots probably aren't that good from a Min-Max perspective cause any fight where you need 2H shit ready before a pull you are likely in party where someone picked another option thus you would need to wait in the full time anyway.

5% isn't much, but every bit helps for tanks, for anyone else it is probably a waste because you should not take Damage frequently enough.

More movement s always helpful if you travel much, but as said, depends on WAAY to many factors if it is worth it or not, Just look at Retail WoW with the Level 20 Mounts, and like with cooldown, in a group being faster between fights won't mean shit if the rest of the group is so slow you have to wait them in anyway.

>one foot goes faster than the other
>forever doing donuts in the tutorial zone

Attached: 1564887375051.gif (200x118, 749K)

Noticing your speed or cooldown buff suddenly stopping could be a life saver if enemies are invisible or have huge range.
You'd know if something was coming even if you couldn't see it and could pre-emptively buff up.

Shouldn't it be recharge time increases?

speed because i have a short attention span

Boots of Haste, that 20% can go far

If I focus my build on burst damage and kill everything as quickly as possible, I can spend less time fighting and more time running from one fight to the next.

Those haste boots would be indispensable in old FFXI.

I choose to play a less shit game that allows me to properly unequip gear.

I think you are thinking of Recharge Speed/Rate.

It would depend on whether the Magic Boots reduced cooldowns by a certain minimum and I could chain cheap skills

>CDR outside of combat
Depends entirely on how frequent encounters are then.
Too frequent and it'll barely ever proc, but too spread out and you'll naturally run the CD timer out anyway.
Haste seems the best from a usability standpoint.

My choice is simple: I uninstall whatever piece of shit on my computer and play an actual game. I'd rather play Cookie Clicker than an MMO.

>this had better not be the one where his eyes pop out
>wait maybe it's the original
>HOLY SHIT
thanks, one gif made my night

I go buy some fucking shoes instead
being stuck wearing them sounds like hell.

If tank leather boots, otherwise boots of haste unless the MMO has usfull skill/items cooldowns longer than 10 minutes then magic boots.

Fucking hell you made me laugh out loud, is fucking 0234 I woke up my roommate for sure

haste
no fucking doubt
I want to go fast