ITT: Discuss Jak and Daxter

Hypothetical: The main games are being made from the ground up pushing the next-gen console's technical limitations to the absolute limit in graphical fidelity while maintaining no loading screens like the originals.
What changes do you implement?

>The time travel at the end of Jak 2 starts a new universe with new canon instead of causing a bootstrap paradox
>Jak and Daxter grow up together with Keira, with Samos watching over them who occasionally makes small non-specific allusions to future events(as well as finding and hiding the Life Seed) to subtly prepare them mentally for what lies ahead
>Sandover village is greatly expanded but is inspired by it's original layout. Numerous unnamed villagers and a few places of interest. Uncle is retconned into being just the village's prospector, Bird lady, Mayor, Sculptor, and Farmer are essentially unchanged.
>J&D1 world increased in scope massively, includes 5 hub worlds, 1 for each colored sage(yellow sages being a desert environment), and 1 whole hub for Gol and Maia's citadel
>Each level has a hidden precursor level buried within the levels containing hidden pieces of ancient lore/world-building stored inside/written on precursor tech.
>This along with the standard scout flies/power cells/orbs all of which is needed for true ending.
>The story progresses and ends like the original with the sages being taken to power the robot and light eco being formed to destroy it
>Only difference being that Daxter absorbs some Light Eco at the end without changing his form. Gol really was the only person who could have helped.
>Gol and Maia's fate are undetermined

Attached: 1396136301709.png (564x391, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wuiia-BTFRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Honestly shocked Jak and Daxtar haven't been rebooted yet. I wasn't a fan of 2 and 3 but 1 is still really fucking solid and is up there with Mario Odyssey and Crash 2.

1 was a 10/10 game that had tons to do without overstaying. 2 and 3 were just awful, poorly executed ratchet and clank / GTA hybrids

I have to wonder if the PS3 remaster for Jak 1 was fucked with or something, because all the maps looked kind of cheap and bland while I was playing it. Thoroughly unimpressed visually.

2 and 3 were a mess and a hard veer in direction, artistically a nice relic of 00's manga-lite sci fi design and the fairly underused genre of "limited ammo and melee focused combat" though.

Overhaul all those bad minigames
Overhaul the driving and hoverboarding so it feels like I'm actually driving something
Remove double jumping, implement true acceleration and momentum alongside more types of jumps
Get rid of chokepointing around level transitions
More fanservice
For Jak 2 and 3, make those guns as satisfying as Uncharted 4's
Rewrite pretty much the whole thing honestly. Also roll the trilogy into one game so it's like one long journey. Still give people the options to just start at Jak 3 and whatnot, but I hate seeing credits three times when I buy a remake collection.

If it's the main games being remade but I have to keep the concepts I'd get rid of the romance triangle in 3 starting off.

Entire series could get released as one maybe two games, including Jak X and the Vita games. Third game includes the cartoon and off world stuff. After you beat the game you get a character creation screen and it becomes an MMO to compete against Beyond Good & Evil 2.

I loved how pure and focused on the platforming mechanics the 1st game is and honestly only somewhat disappointed in 2 and 3's attempt at GTA'ing the franchise like and others say
I feel if the city was less labyrinthine and had a 3rd hover zone that allowed you to fly over the city barriers not that the PS2 could have handled that than travelling from place to place wouldn't have been such a fucking drag.

I would weave the plot threads throughout the trilogy more evenly, like implications concerning Jak being Mar being laid down in Jak and Daxter. I would also add much more to the story to allow the occurrences throughout the narrative to run more smoothly, like when Jak in Jak 3 says he's through saving the world and then suddenly jumps right into saving the world. I would add more to that plot thread among others. I would greatly expand the city and it's culture along with bringing in more chances for platforming challenges. The wastelands would have a bounty system that puts a price on every head including your own. The villains would have FAR more presence and the struggle between good and evil would be closer to the surface rather than the struggle taking a backseat. In Jak 2 and 3 I would apply a "corruption vs freedom" mechanic to give more presence to you taking the city back from the Batron/Metal Heads which would effect how in your favor an encounter is. Maxed Freedom would have nameless friends jumping into action should you ever trip the alarms, pushing the familial bond of the resistance rather than the resistance just being you. I would also make a fourth Jak game with time shenanigans to finally explain how Jak is supposed to be Mar yet we never got explanation for why there is ancient statues made in his name.

How about a new game, that would be nice.

But the whole bootstrap paradox thing has fucked the timeline. We don't know if Jak is THE Mar, just related, a descendant, or whatever.
It should honestly be rebooted with the rift gate at the end of 2 being the cause for a new timeline so the writers can make the timeline with future events in mind
Do we even know for certain if the story of Jak 2 onwards(Haven City,Metal Heads, Ottsel precursors, Dark Makers etc.) were even conceived before shipping TPL? Its soooo massive of a shift in tone and direction that I find it hard to believe the series was thought out at all ahead of the first game.

Attached: saganhmm.gif (500x343, 1.39M)

Why can't I emulate this series perfectly yet?

Are there still people from the Crash/Jak era that still work in Naughtydog?

Doubtful considering their shift in attitude.

>Remove doublejumping

I think 2 and 3 could be merged into a single large game, but how would the palace falling and changing the city's layout be handled?
Just leave it as is?

Attached: 1537827869300.gif (500x500, 1.71M)

my god i want a new game

What would you want out of a new game?

Attached: 1396521070255.gif (500x281, 480K)

ive only played jak and daxter 1. I believe this is a good thing

Do people really want a Jak 4? I think series already concluded it's story in the 3rd game and I would be fine with that. Jak X is the true finale to the series and I'm fine with that. Lost Frontier is non-canon we can ignore that dogshit.

All I want is a Jak X remaster

>The main games are being made from the ground up pushing the next-gen console's technical limitations
I coulnt care less, give me a new game for fucks sake I have played these games over and over for so many years now.

Jak X remastered is on the PS4 store

Attached: 1529699481288.gif (320x235, 873K)

I like the music in all 4 desu. That includes Jak X.

There is emulating problems. Mainly when using a cat that goes above a certain speed (or using time) the emulation tracks your cars space and where your car is seen as different, so you see your turbo exhaust lagging forward and backward about a meter behind you, that also makes driving feel like you have 200 ping.
It made it unplayable for me desu, luckily I have all 4 games on my ps2 still and they all work perfectly fine.

>The main games are being made from the ground up pushing the next-gen console's technical limitations
Oh boy I can't wait for all the girls to wear high definition burkas.
Please don't even joke about these games being remade, let's leave everything good that Naughty Dog made before becoming cucked SJWs alone.

Attached: b7edd3ce3d44609533ab77eab8357599.jpg (720x600, 59K)

>Jak had a side campaign which was one of those "move aside boys, there's new heroes in town" campaigns featuring the three in your pic
>They don't do anything in 3

Pls don’t make it cringe edgy with jak shouting swear words, if it must be edgy make the humour more ren and stempy/family Guy tier this game suits a funny vulgar backdrop more so than a grim dark serious one

>Daxter in a remake takes the meta humor to a new level by pulling a ratings graphic out from hammerspace which says "Rated T for Teen". He then says fuck, as it shifts to "Rated M for Mature" and he waggles his eyebrows knowingly

__ ______ _____ ______

I like it
ND hire this user

IM GONNA KILL PRAXIS

Attached: NOM.gif (400x294, 907K)

Eh, kind of like that it's left up in the air like that. Maybe Jak goes back in time and becomes his own ancestor. Maybe he's just simply named after some dude. Or hell, it's Daxter who went back and founded the city.

Jak drops the edgy act fairly early into 2.

Lost Frontier was such a missed opportunity.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wuiia-BTFRI

>mfw I remember Lost Frontier exists
Its officially non-canon right?

Attached: 1537939865056.gif (190x300, 1.54M)

Thankfully.

>retconning the good games in the series
user what’s wrong with you

Not bad user. Come see me in my office

>retconning the bearded explorer guy at Sandover Village into not being Jak's uncle anymore since he's not from the fucking future
>bad
user what's wrong with (You)

You are sadly mistaken