is
>new bad
>old good

Really true?

Attached: b9a.jpg (500x375, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aP3MpP9zeEM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you had been on the internet in 2003 you would know for a fact that it is.

each case needs to be examined on an individual, objective level

No generalization is ever true except this one

fuck yes

Attached: 15428.jpg (1200x500, 772K)

Most of the time yes

I haven't actually enjoyed a video game in about 10 years.

Attached: 1529120245040.jpg (316x316, 10K)

name one (1) example where this stament is not true

>Prey bad
Fuck you, that was my GOTY 2017 hands down. Was a hell of a lot better than BotW.

Attached: not funny.jpg (500x500, 59K)

Hollow Knight
Bubsy 3D

>thing is new, therefore is bad
>wait for a while
>formerly new thing is now old and therefore good

Attached: 1485126406558.gif (340x450, 464K)

Milk turns into wine eventually

No, it's just contrarians being contrarians. fuck nu/v/

OLD GAME GOOD

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 39K)

On a majority level I suppose, at least in the triple AAA sphere. Indies pump out a lot of good stuff.

fp sad post

Is Courage one of the best cartoons of all time?

Yes

Every form of media and storytelling has been rapidly declining in quality since the start of the 21st century. Games were better 15 years ago because they weren't made for the absolute lowest common denominator that they are. Yes absolutely old good, new bad. I was just playing some classic GameCube games for the first time in years. They blow any current multiplayer Nintendo game out of the water. Literally everything is better when it's not made to cater to casuals. Fuck casuals and fuck modern ez mode.games made for them.

Obsessed.

True in what sense? True that people say it? True that people believe it?

No but there is truth to the fact that shit now a days has no soul compared to back then. Everything is low effort shit designed to just make a quick buck out of you.

>Milk turns into wine eventually

Attached: 143221238320.png (287x421, 277K)

Yes

Attached: 1436181352198.png (307x302, 153K)

you're right, max payne was pretty good.
the first one was better btw

>tfw it gets emotional

Attached: 428.gif (480x270, 1.79M)

>Nothing good in the past 10 years
How about L4D2, portal 2, Fallout:NV, or the Witcher 3 just to name a few.

He will just say it's bad as the typical contrarian does

All meme games.

>Fallout:NV
You have to go back.

you just grew up

Yep, that rule definitely holds true. One such example, albeit non-vidya: everyone used to say Nickelodeon "died" in 2004, since they cancelled the 90s shows then.

But nowadays, you've got Zoomers nostalgic for post-2004 Nick shows like iCarly, Big Time Rush, and Victorious. Interesting seeing the shift.

Attached: 1567051801349.png (1101x1211, 767K)

Easily one of the top 15 of all time.

Can you fuck off out of this thread you spammer

no

Attached: 4chan.png (480x944, 688K)

I think video games peaked at the PS2/GC/Xbox era. The current gen has few games that could truly be called "shit" but nothing stands out in particular as a great game. It's almost like as publishers try to appeal to more and more people to increase sales the actual product becomes more bland.

ey jesus can you fuck the bread economy again

Honestly, yes, just because of survivorship bias. If an old game is still known of and being discussed in the present day, you know it's good. There's no such guarantee for new games.

Attached: 1540574175946.jpg (1109x1479, 186K)

This show was so stupid
Why did she act like some autistic school girl despite being some old hag?

How did it get so bad

bring back 2000s internet

To the cool people club where guys like doesn't hang.

Attached: file.png (1300x866, 901K)

No.
Old bad
New bad
everything is shit

Attached: 1565598721861.jpg (500x501, 59K)

good good
bad bad

new bad
old bad

Attached: dux.png (761x761, 763K)

We didn't ban frogposters and Wojakposters.

Fucking nostalgiafags
There has always been about the same ratio of good to bad things in any industry. You only remember the good ones from the past because they were good.
Also the world is decaying so that's why everything else is terrible now.

Old good, new bad has been a thing for literal centuries

Attached: CD06E86F-4681-4322-AD3F-00A4E4E98E31.jpg (2250x3186, 2.56M)

2006 was the last good year of media.

That's what every generation says. People 10 years older than you thought 1997 was the last good year for media and 1998-99 was when everything went to shit with Nsync, Britney spears, Spongebob, Pokemon, Phantom menace, internet getting more popular, nu metal, TRL, Mike scully Simpsons, etc.

>nothing new under the sun

fuck off already

yes and I'll explain why:
1. Let's say we have something old which is good. People are likely to remember that old thing and try to make it again with the same charm, if they are successful then we continue, but the better the thing was the more difficult it is to meet or surpass it.
2. Same as the first scenario, except this time we make the old good thing again but it's bad. This is much easier to do than make it well.
3. The final scenario is an old thing which is not good. If an old thing is not good, we don't remember it and nobody remakes it because nobody cares.

Consider you have a coin, and you flip it. If it's heads it's "good" and if its tails then it's "bad". In order to continue flipping you must land on "heads" or nobody will care, which means by definition old must be good or we wouldn't remember/remake it. On the second flip, even if we do land on heads (good) then we will still have a differences to the original, some people may like it, may prefer it, or some may prefer the original. One of my favourite examples of this is the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. The TV show was top British kino, but to me the movie was completely unwatchable. Many people liked the movie, so old thing was good and to many people new thing is also good, but to me personally old thing good new thing bad. Finally if our second coin lands on tails (bad) then we end up in old good new bad again.
(sorry for the cumbersome shitty analogies i can't explain myself)

tl;dr - old can only ever be good, which means new must match good of old or OP scenario is true

Attached: youfuckingwhat.png (382x324, 133K)

A little sport before dying, dear boy?

I couldn't finish that episode it had so many feels.

When memes stopped being unique

Because the seaquals are made today the developers may see things in modern gaming kind of style and try to futurize the franchise witch often doesnt translate well to the fans

>here's no such thing as perfect

Jesus please, you're not supposed to post on Yea Forums yet.

its true on a case by case basis but i find a lot of newer trends in gaming, especially trends that series bandwagon from other series make me nostalgic for the old way. the one mechanic i can concretely say is better than the old system is overworld encounters > random encounters.

Not him but
>L4D1 or L4D2
Online community is full of autists. I've seriously never met a more despicable and retarded online community. I do remain impressed about how relatively tight-knit they are though.
>Portal
Not a fan honestly. Got bored of it in 20 minutes.
>Fallout: NV, Witcher 3
Never actually played either of them so I'll give you those two.
Congratulations user, you have shit taste.

Yes because old is remembered because it was good. There's also something old that is bad but it's forgotten.
Now everything new is not good or bad until you try it and most likely it will be bad. But old is more likely to be good. It's very simple.

/pol/ and politics becoming the biggest preoccupation of the site (I say both because shit like gamergate and other social crusades fall in that category) so you have the unironic autism of politics posting which veers between srs business and low effort memeing, which I should clarify has been like post-2014 /pol/. pre-2014 had more memes and less autism
it wasn't as bad this year till all that bullshit the past month or so caused an influx of infinity refugees and tourists that are shitting everything up.

bump

Old does not mean better 80’s cartoons mostly suck ass.

Ok but the pic isn't about 80s cartoons zoomie. It's about 90s ones.

I'm curious as to what you think the point of that pic is

>boy's got no hat

youtube.com/watch?v=aP3MpP9zeEM