Spiders rpgs have always been janky but with settings that had potential

>spiders rpgs have always been janky but with settings that had potential
>new one actually looks decent now

Are any of you going to pull the trigger on this one? Is this going to be Spider's Witcher 1?

Attached: GreedFall-Interview-01-Header-2060x1159.jpg (2060x1159, 352K)

>Is this going to be Spider's Witcher 1?
>This is the game for Bioware fans!

Why do people keep trying to compare this to overrated shit? I'm trying to be excited for this. Please stop trying to ruin it.

because unless we compare it to dark souls, metroid, skyrim or witcher or we can't wrap our little zoomer minds around it.

Attached: 1435597985415s.jpg (101x117, 3K)

Witcher 1 is underrated though.

No, they said they want to fill the void bioware left behind but then proceeded to show me all the things that bioware fucking died for. The last thing im going to be doing in a witch infested conquistador simulator is fuck the chick who supplies my gunpowder

>then proceeded to show me all the things that bioware fucking died for
Oh, hey again. I see you're still seething over the dev giving players the choice to be homo or non white in an rpg.

Give ME Aphra wife!

Attached: Hat Aphra.jpg (780x438, 46K)

Gimme my ship I wanna broadside npcs

im picking up. Comes around a few days after my B day so i figured I'd give it a whirl. I looks to be their best game yet. Tho thats not saying much.

>we want the bloodborne audience!
doomed to fail

The moment they showcased the queer romance options as a selling point in the trailer I checked out pretty hard. Sick of bad dating sims in my rpgs.

I'm hoping it's a spiritual successor to Bound by Flame like The Technomancer was to Mars: War Logs.

Attached: Untitled.png (768x296, 268K)

Technomancer DID have CUTE wifes user! (It did! It did!)

Attached: Niesha.jpg (620x349, 33K)

>showcased the queer romance options
They didn't though. All the narrator said is some friendships can turn into romance and then showed male with female, then male with male.

Give ME female wife!

Attached: Biggest Siora.jpg (1600x900, 121K)

More like
>we want the dancing with wolves audience

already preordered with a discount from my boys at gmg

generic console RPG with flat UI

just another soulless, sterile sjw cinematic experience with button mashing combat that brings nothing new to the genre and does nothing better than any other game

>sjw
Literally nothing has been shown to indicate it being sjw. Stop crying wolf, you fucking faggot.

So as someone who's been playing it for the past couple days:
>There's jank, nothing game breaking yet, but altering
>The game doesn't like you doing quests out of order, I wandered into a warehouse looking for two captured smugglers, and it was empty, but after I talked to the person who knew where they were, he told me they were being held in that warehouse, I return and they're magically there
>You can romance your companions before you even get to know them, the first and only thing you can ask your first companion after he joins is he's attracted to you (btw this is the guy's who's been your guard and weapons trainer your whole life)
>Companions don't like to talk, you get one or two dialogue prompts with them, then a quests, two more prompts for free reputation with them, nothing very in-depth at all, and you get the companion quests pretty much as soon as you meet them
>Quests can drag on, a lot of them are go here and talk to this guy, okay, he said go talk to this guy, and now that guy said talk to this guy... etc.

>Literally nothing has been shown
you blind or something? take your muh strong wymens and fuck off

lel I have been telling this to you guys from the start
those devs don't make games out of passion or inspiration
their limited success with earlier games made them disillusioned with the industry, but they wouldn't find any other job, so now they have to keep making something, anything to make money - obviously they don't put any soul or heart in their games and we ge superficial shit like that

spiders games are usually full of jank but they have never let me down so far in terms of entertainment value. i'll definitely be picking this one up

Heh, probably will not pick it up, I was mostly interested by the conquistador aspect and the creature design, that doesn't seem to be the focus at all.

On the other hand there's fuck all to play.

Cont'd
>Your character very much has a mind of their own, and they're a goody two shoes. I was surprised when characters would prompt me for how I felt or what I thought, and no dialogue prompt would come up, De Sardine would just say something Good aligned. Still not very far into the game, but if you were hoping to play a soulless, bigoted, savage hatin' conquistador, you may be out of luck
>Texture glitches, pop ins, weird lighting, terrible facial animation, etc. Standard jank to expect from the company that gave you technomancer, hopefully they day 1 patch some of this stuff out and keep working on it for a while
>Combat's pretty floaty and unpredictable, the first big boss is a bit annoying because of this. It should be pretty easy, especially if you've done all the side quests up till then, but there's no difference between a full on tackle and just getting scraped by his fingertips, you'll get knocked down and get your health drained the same amount, it looks really weird animated
>this is not helped by the fact that they decided to try and do third person dark souls combat, but still do the magnetic slide to the enemy attack, which I hate. You have to lock on in large group fights or you're going to do a 180 from your target because some dickmuncher is shuffling around behind you
>Writing is fine so far, I'm engaged, I wish somebody would fucking point out the weird scar on your face though and maybe mention where you got it, especially since your native companion everybody says you look like has an identical one...? This isn't spoiling, this happens as soon as you get on the island, they just still refuse to mention this huge scar on your face, it's weird, I'm hoping they don't try to be surprising if they say you're secretly related to the natives or something trite like that.
>Playing on normal and so far it's a cakewalk.
As a previous user said, there's fuck all to play but this and astral chain right now, but I'd wait for sale.

>The last thing im going to be doing in a witch infested conquistador simulator is fuck the chick who supplies my gunpowder
Honestly, you just sold me on the game. Looking into it now.

but the game isnt even out yet

I live in the big city, we get our games sooner than you suburban hicks.

>I live in the big city
nigga I literally live in LA. The game doesn't come out for a couple weeks.

Then you don't actually live in LA you live in your basement. Go explore your game shops and find a place that offers stuff like region locked consoles and games early. Mine doesn't even scalp you on the price.