Dagon!

Dagon!

Attached: dagonquest.jpg (554x675, 33K)

Dagon is a faggot

So is there anything I should read up about Elder scrolls online to not be left in the dark for when 6 hits?
I know its a prequel so that should mean most everything is meaningless, but I'm still worried about installing six when it comes out in a few years and being clueless about what the fuck everyone is talking about.

what an ugly jobber

Nope. In fact, 6 could be your first game and you still wouldn't need to read any of the lore to understand what's going on.

Why would ESO matter?

Who put the idea in your head that ESO was relevant to anything?

Nobody, I'm just asking because I haven't read anything about it and was wondering if anything important to the world took place.

There's no info about 6 yet so its kind of reaching in the dark, but just wondering if any big revelations about the world or daedra/aedra were made in online.

>OPEN WIDE
What did he mean by this?

Attached: DremoraMarkynazMelee.jpg (261x421, 53K)

Everything you want to know about the era that ESO takes place in is in the histories found in the other games. ESO takes place before them.

I'm guessing you were living under a rock during the development cycle and release of ESO, because it was very explicitly shown to be entirely irrelevant to the rest of the TES lore. It's its own thing made by some other dudes who don't make the actual TES games.

nice try i know Reboot when i see it

There's not a single TES game that requires knowledge of lore from any of the other games to understand what's going on, and TESO is its own canon anyway so it's irrelevant.

Knowing the lore of 4 and 3 helps to understand how things got to where they are in 5 with the thalmor, which is a very important bit of world/environmental knowledge to understand the civil war.

It's far back in time from the modern 4th era it won't matter

I basically tuned out everything about online because Elder scrolls, which has always been a very solitary one player type experience about exploring the world seems like it would translate horribly to a MMO experience.

So I just asked out of curiosity since this was a taking the piss Elder scrolls thread and seemed like I wouldn't be harming a legitimate thread by asking here.

t. Argonian chad

How so?

Knowing the background of the oblivion crisis is very important to knowing just what lead up to the war with the thalmor and why the empire was so weakened to their advances, as well as how it allowed them to rise to power in the world.

The third game is important to understanding the dunmer, as without that game there's very little in the 5th game to really tell you much about them or their society, and 3 also lets you know WHY their homeland's destroyed.

ESO wouldn't contain anything relevant to 6s plot like how knowing about the oblivion crisis is very important for understanding skyrim, but it does contain supplemental minor lore shit if you really care.

>Knowing the background of the oblivion crisis is very important to knowing just what lead up to the war with the thalmor and why the empire was so weakened to their advances, as well as how it allowed them to rise to power in the world.
I'm asking you to explain.

>as without that game there's very little in the 5th game to really tell you much about them or their society
There's very little in Skyrim about any of the races aside from the Nords. None of it is necessary to understand the plot. And what very little you'd need to know to understand why Dunmer have taken refuge in Skyrim doesn't require playing Morrowind at all. Only reason you'd need to play Morrowind is if you wanted to play an actual good TES game.

it wont matter because in tes6 you're going to be the swordsingerborn, the chosen one sent to save tamriel from another catastrophe.

>hasn't played 3 or 4 and doesn't already know
you aren't for real right?
the oblivion crisis is the entire reason the empire is reduced to 2 1/2 provinces

>the oblivion crisis is the entire reason the empire is reduced to 2 1/2 provinces
And why do you have to play Oblivion to understand this?
The last septim dies and the empire is all fucked up, so the elf scum take the opportunity to raise hell as is typical of the little bastards. It's quite simple. Playing Oblivion wouldn't give you a better understanding of this.

Because its not just their emperor died, its that their army's been literally assraped fighting off the legions of hell so they're at a fraction of their power, and the elves claim THEY stopped it to get popular support.

>Because its not just their emperor died, its that their army's been literally assraped fighting off the legions of hell so they're at a fraction of their power, and the elves claim THEY stopped it to get popular support.
And, once again, why do you have to play Oblivion to understand this?

>and the elves claim THEY stopped it to get popular support.
Where was this stated in Oblivion?

it was stated in skyrim

So what you're telling me is you don't need to play or know about Oblivion to get that information required to understand Skyrim because it's already stated in Skyrim.

They only did this for the Khajiit. The Thalmor told them they ended the Void Nights when it was really Martin who did. Either way, the real reason the Thalmor and Dominion were able to fuck the Empire initially is because the Medes are idiots and let their intelligence networks fail miserably while severely underestimating the Dominion's forces.

Playing Oblivion just gives you a better look at the Empire at their full power before the decline and the Blades too