Is it worth it? is retail going to be dead in a month or the other way around? what game will be the main focus...

is it worth it? is retail going to be dead in a month or the other way around? what game will be the main focus? will they add new/exclusive content? will they add quality of life features/expansions?

seriously i cant play this not knowing if its just a nostalgia trip or what

Attached: classicwow.jpg (590x350, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/support/en/article/135764
us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/oceanic-servers/276363
youtube.com/watch?v=mF8HhLm_5w0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't fall for it

How much does it cost anyways?

15 bucks a month and a lot of time

It is worth it just to experience the big gaming event with other people. If you don't like the game after 1 month, then just stop subscribing. No pressure

at least go for the first month, lots of people nostalgia-tripping together can be pretty fun

If you want to try it out try a private server.

The game is horribly dated but it's nostalgic at this point, quests are all repetitive for the first 10 hours and then eventually it gets better, but the game requires a ton of time from you where it's really not worth the effort unless you're a neet

This, just wait 4-5 months before you start so you can even play the damn game.

>It is worth it just to experience the big gaming event with other people.
>playing a game because of hype
i feel so fucking sorry for you

Pretty much this
Don't lie to yourself, your time isn't nearly as valuable as you think it is, just try it

>your time isn't nearly as valuable as you think
but it is though. grinding in 2004 wasn't so bad because the game was relevant then.

Let me guess. You liked metal, dubstep, edm, and then cloud rap. In that order.

rock rap dubstep

WoW classic adds back everything good they ever took away. Talent trees and abilities. Hopefully they add BC and wrath xpansion and stop it there lol. After Wrath it's down hill on take aways.

im kinda with you on that but wrath also had dungeon finder
dk's were kinda stupid too

Just take it slow as you want and it'll be enjoyable.

TBC and Wrath both added a lot of bullshit. They should just make new content for Classic.

and quality of life features

it is relevant now. Maybe it won't be in half a year. Who knows? Still, I think you're missing out if you don't give it a try

BTC was alright, only add it if they fix the following:
>vanilla gear and bosses became irrelevant
>getting epics was too easy
>there were no memorable green/rare items
>flying was cool but it made ganking much harder

Yes it is worth it.
The Classic launch is so big now that it has surpassed a normal game and is becoming a cultural event like the Endgame release.
Imagine reminiscing with friends about this game that was so good that it literally killed an entire genre for a decade, and having to lie in case the cool kidz on Yea Forums called you a normie faggot.

Not right now. Queues are literally killing the hype. You pretty much have to sit and wait for an hour and a half to log in.

Thats still too much time. Its asking a lot. getting involved with any game is asking a lot imo but wow especially

play Rift, play Guild Wars, play City of Heroes, play any other MMO, dont fall for the trap

Dude. no. please.

You don't have to rush anything, leveling is one of the best experiences in vanilla wow. Especially now when there are so many people to play with

Do you have to buy a game as well, ro just pay for subscription?

>added a lot of bullshit
>quality of life features
I believe most of the quality of life features are part of the bullshit previous user mentioned.

Examples: LFG kills social interaction.
Adding teleporting to dungeon makes the experience less meaningful. If you wipe few times people would just leave and rejoin. because of long distances people will stick instead and teach the not so good players.

Right now I can officially say its not worth it. Wait a month and maybe it will change though.
This has been my experience so far.

>Log on
>Wait in a 8,000-10,000 Queue for anywhere between 5-8 hours.
>Finally get in the game.
>Either A. Play for 1 hour then I have to sleep because I used all my spare time waiting to log in or B. Get DC'd within the first 15 mins and get sent back to the Q
>I have spent about 16 hours just waiting to get in with a total of 3 hours played time when i finally got in.

I am trying one last time to try and play this games with my friends and if it does not work I quit.

Right now I brought my laptop with me to work and I used my phone hotspot to get into the Q.
It's 2:30pm and I am 8,000 in the Q. I should finally get in at about 6pm tonight assuming I don't DC.

Blizzards retarded solution to open more servers doesnt do shit. People want to play with their friends and nobody is going to change servers and invest a month of played time to be stuck without their friends.

Why didn't they just allow free transfers to other servers for the next 4-5 weeks, that way you can just solo somewhere else then transfer at 60 to your original server when the populations settle down?

Attached: 1507363737641.jpg (320x246, 14K)

This is my favorite part of playing right now. I'm just taking my time leveling and having fun with all the random people I meet. This is what I missed most from old WoW, server communities. Shit like running into a guy you ran a dungeon with a few days later and automatically teaming up to get shit done. Community interaction is what really makes the game stand out.

turn off everything people say about it
play gameplay videos of wow classic in mute and ask yourself

a) is it popular/hyped because it's good
B) is it popular/hyped because it's got addictive time-investment features and RNG rewards

It's lootbox the game but instead of money it's time.

I hope you either have no friends or no job because if you have either one of these this shit sucks. Want to play on a specific server after work with friends? Waiting 4 hours minimum.

Only way to avoid this is by logging in at 8am when the neckbeards are sleeping but unfortunately you need to be at work.

Pic related is not even at a peak time. Just midday. 5pm+ it gets to over 10,000

Attached: Shitshow.jpg (975x471, 110K)

There are so many people using move bots to keep themselves logged in.
I've seen so many just walking into walls in the back of huts.

Attached: 1538041363551.png (844x687, 155K)

>seriously i cant play this not knowing if its just a nostalgia trip or what
go download a private server and just dick around in it. try some quests, crafting, combat, etc. and see how the game feels to you. if you like it don't go near classic until maybe november after all the tourists are gone.

Post levels.

Attached: 1561093027214.jpg (443x455, 33K)

and its free

>lvl 1
I have to work and haven't been able to log in because of the 12+ hour queues

Attached: 1562096229968.jpg (429x484, 67K)

23, gotta work the next few days so glad I got that much done.

Attached: 1527506363796.jpg (400x462, 25K)

>level 17 hunter
>herbalism/alchemy
>got 1.25 gold

Think I'm doing alright so far.

Also I blew all my money on cooking recipes and have none left for my lvl 14 abilities.

Attached: 1508966851511.png (485x443, 22K)

This is your fault just change server, thats what i did logged on to Gehennes at 12:00 8 hours later i had a 3k que and 300nin timer so i said fuck it and made The switch

Retail was already dead don't worry. Just level to 60 in classic and see then.

I can't make 1000+ line one button masher macros like I could before patch 2.0 anymore so I un subbed.

How about faster flight path speed and mail not taking an hour?

They asked you idiots to pick a less popular sever but nooooooo

>is retail going to be dead in a month or the other way around?

They probably figured that retail is mostly dead already, and that Classic is an easy way to cash in on nostalgia and hopefully renew interest in the game.

not that kind of QoL
extremely basic stuff like having quests auto-track, having bag management, having mail instantly deliver to alts

>Friends pick a server
>They all get in and level
>You cant get in
>JUST PICK A NEW SERVER GUYS!!! BUT NOOO!!!

brainlet

2, was able to log in to do the imp quest, then had to go. The queues are fucking me up the ass.

It's a hard knock life being a wagie.

>Friends on server X levelling
>Get told to go to server Y

What do you not understand about wanting to play with friends and not get stuck on a server alone for the entirety of classic?

I swear you people are absolutely retarded.

>hour and a half
Try 6-8 hours.

HURR DURR PICK A NEW SERVER THEN

Attached: dda.jpg (600x600, 28K)

It's not worth it.

It actually reminded me when I first played it and never made it past level 20 for a reason.

1 hour later from when I took that screenshot.

Attached: SHITSHOW 2.jpg (903x426, 97K)

they're all full so fuck your meme

Attached: 1548673950198.jpg (1200x930, 171K)

>try to play on herod with friends the past few days
>8k+ queues every time
>try one more time tonight before I give up for good
>only 1k in queue

oh no no no

12 warlock
Started today

Fuck no no fucking expansions

>somebody accidentally pulls a single extra pack in the very first dungeon of the game
>guaranteed wipe because there's no way for the tank to have enough rage to tag everything
I forgot how awful it feels to have literally no AoE outside of shouts, maybe I'm not cut out for warrior.

this happened to me. idk what to do.

Wait until TBC. Doing you a favour here. Vanilla is a pain in the ass to play. Leveling is monotone with hundreds of poorly structure quests, PVP is dogshit, raids are 2 mechnaics per boss, raid rotations are 1-2 buttons per class, balance is horrendous and most specs are downright worthless. LBRS/UBRS experience doesn't make up for all this shit. TBC is an exceptional game however. It fixes most of the aforementioned issues and is the downright most complete WoW experience.

Seethe

>instant mail
Just use wallhacks while you're at it

Stick to retail

it would be cool if WoW classic went the way of old school runescape and add exclusive content to the old world.

this shit is fun. it already feels way more social than retail

It will very likely be dead within a month, but I think it's probably worth it if you haven't played it before.

WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN AND JOIN ZT is lvl 15 too late to switch? Or should I wait until the hype dies down and realms become playable?

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x3240, 980K)

Don't start. We all know how good TBC was.

Attached: 1547523071605.png (368x375, 195K)

just dinged 25 with 28 hours /played. I've been playing for almost every waking moment since it came out. This is the first time I've truly enjoyed a game in months

>not playing this based game

Attached: bGGfjnW-QPPIEgWrw0wq43wiqMmPj1p-tMSQiaG-rSE.jpg (597x399, 42K)

WHAT THE FUCK IT'S REAL LOL

they increased server caps retard

absolutely based

Started on Monday.

>wow my no life friends spent 8 hours in queue and hit level 10!
>Why would we reroll now?
get new friends or reroll idiot

LFG/dungeon finder wasn't in Wrath's release. A LOT of the anti-(mmo)rpg elements were implemented in Wrath, but not until the expansion was almost over.

Quests, gear, drops, spells, rotations, specs, group comps, rep, etc., etc. were mostly unfucked with Wrath's release. Quest phasing was their biggest social-based fuck up on release.
The second half of Wrath was the downward spiral of cash grabbing and laziness for WoW
>dungeon finder
>toc
>numerous mechanics/spells/etc. removed
>capping wintergrasp
>bullshit rehashed dragon raid after opening expansion with rehashed raid
>icc gating
>time between icc and expansion
>ANOTHER bullshit dragon raid
>imminent release of worst expansion
>failure to disperse starfuckers from high-pop servers/merge servers

reminder that Barak Kodobane's quest item: [Barak's Head] was renamed [Kodobane's Head] for Home tm.

>MFW work early
>always around when there is no queue and play all day
So comfy

it offers a much higher dopamine hit than browsing Yea Forums by a wide margin

my waking hours are consumed by simply imagining getting that next level, that next piece of gear, that new talent point

i should add it's better than eating even

i'm probably going to lose weight due to neglecting my basic bodily functions

Im going to give you the dopamine by replying to you

thank you

maybe i'll only play WoW for eight hours tomorrow instead of twelve because of that reply

I've never hit a queue besides Herod, I'm so glad I got disconnected upon logging back in, imagine getting in launch night, playing til level 20 or someshit then having to wait 5 hours every time you want to play LOL

Rolled on a low pop server but it may as well be full with all the fucking people running around, no queues either LOL these fools

>but muh fwiends
I joined a guild and already made a bunch of new ones LOL

Attached: ibuki.jpg (927x1500, 562K)

12 priest

Why do you guys even bought the sub if you have work?

i'm on university and dunno if i will have time to raid and shit

only able to play for an hour or so each day but i mean its comfy

Wait 5 hours in the queue only to have an error with the game not allowing me to create a character and logging in.

Fuck this game.

Attached: 1492858294127.jpg (218x216, 13K)

I’m gonna laugh when activision takes notice of the success and forces in a cash shop or season pass of some sort.

>Wait 6 hours to play
>Finally reach the end of the Q of 10,000 people
>Get an error not letting me make a character

I'm so fucking mad right now and theres nobody I can even complain to in Blizzard to sort this shit out.

Attached: What a peice of shit.jpg (1920x1080, 707K)

stick to retail faggots

Play on something other than Herod dummy

I'm on the Australian servers.

that's rough buddy

>if you can't wait 10 hours a day to play for wow vanilla you don't deserved

I hope you're being retarded on purpose

It's your character name.

Is there a reason to play this other than nostalgia?
It looks like shit
I never played wow

it's fun

It could be fun with friends i think, my friends have been playing and only 2 of them are really hooked, all the others think its "ok", both that are really enjoying it played it before.

i never played wow either

i've played the game for 42 hours and it came out on monday

i accepted beforehand that this is the closest I will ever get to FFXI in its prime again, and i've enjoyed it so far

No need to rush, though going to reach 125 bs today.

Attached: image.png (373x256, 143K)

play it and watch yourself turn into a junkie who abandons all important life responsibilities to progress in this skinner box of a game

I kind want to play retail but not bfa retail...
I hope they make servers for the other expansions.

Here's my honest experience, coming from someone who played from WotLK - Legion.

I played for about 20 hours so far, and I think it is fun. But overall there is very little for me to look forward to in game, so I don't see myself playing next month after my subscription ends. That being said, I don't see myself going to back to retail, either, at least until 8.3 or 9.0. But anyway the old style graphics are definitely nostalgic and give me the same vibes that OSRS did. I can totally see why people like this game compared to retail because it is the "old game that they remember". But here's where things start to go downhill for me, personally. Class balance is an absolute disaster. You can definitely make the argument that BC had some of the best class balance in WoW history, but definitely not Classic. For example, its awful to play Paladin and literally never to get to live up to the class fantasy in any way, shape, or form.

Protection Paladin fucking blows because it doesn't have any good way to keep aggro, Ret Paladin does no damage compared to similarly geared warriors, and sure, Holy Paladins are god like, but have fun wearing a blue dress for the entire game. Really lives up to the class fantasy of being a holy, righteous crusader alright. I just really think a lot of the tourists and newbies trying it out won't be pushed away by the concept of the game, but rather some of the questionable balance choices the game has right now. If BC ever comes out I'll be playing this shit hard as fuck but until then I'll just play for this month then probably not return.

/endpost

Attached: pepe8.jpg (400x422, 48K)

Tell your friends to stop being fags and pick a less popular server. All servers are populated, just only some have 10k+ pops. Hell, I'm an RP fag, and Bloodsail is doing just fine.

How do you level enchanting easily?

paladins being gay and retarded is your punishment for being an allytranny

pick up tailoring and make yourself greens to disenchant

I'm waiting for WoW Classic 2 in 2030. That'll be so nostalgic.

37 Warrior, 4 hours of sleep since launch.

>getting a shitton if green boe drops
>can't decide if I wanna go sell them on AH or just DE them

I don't think anyone is arguing that class balance is better in classic than it is in bfa. I'd take burning crusade over classic any day (but no flying mounts)

And they say this game is not a drug. Seek help.

>omg yes a new level time to buff one of my spells by 2%!

GROBB MOB WHERE WE AT

>RP-PVP PDT
>full at prime time
>queue at prime time but not herod-tier
>bustling world, but not cutthroat for mobs
>report all the troll names since its enforceable under tos ( you get to be name hitler -- us.battle.net/support/en/article/135764 )
>RP like a chad without ERP carebears, who rolled on Bloodsail

Attached: 1539307059615.gif (300x577, 279K)

Funnily enough, it's you and your friends who are retarded.

15, only had like 4 hours per day to play, fuck
If I get a free weekend maybe I could no sleep it to 30+

>coming from someone who played from WotLK - Legion.
stopped reading, if you didn't quit the moment you stepped foot in Cata, you're an idiot

Abort Activision-Blizzard.
That is all.

Honestly its fucking good because THERE ARE PEOPLE PLAYING AGAIN

Laughing at all you retards sitting in multiple hour long queues

>people complaining about queue times
There are literally 10 plus servers right now with zero wait time

It's from a time when MMOs were, you know, actually good. Engaging gameplay, mechanics, and community. No cash shop garbage. No anti-social "quality of life" changes.

I just wish it was better balanced

Who here /Skeram/

NO
I NEED TO PLAY WITH ASMONGOLD
SKREEEEEEE

There are plenty of servers with no queue

>talent trees
Every class will run the same, copy pasted cookie cutter builds
>abilities
in cases like warlock, you won't use 70% of them

I can't believe I've seen him and other streamers in stormwind! Ah, the nostalgia

Skeram gang reporting in! Shitting up the barrens chat one reee at a time

There’s multiple builds per class you idiot.

Level 10 rogue after playing 3-4 hours everyday the past 3 days. Are rogues supposed to be this slow or am I doing something wrong?

Attached: 1489860756054.jpg (665x574, 39K)

>Every class will run the same, copy pasted cookie cutter builds
t. never played vanilla

Where did I stated that there's not
Stay in your containment version of the game, you inbred simp

It's not worth it now, maybe there won't be huge lines for everything a month or two from now.

MoP furry retard

You just sold me. Original XI was my favorite game.

Sixteen.

Jesus fuck this post is so zoomer it hurts
>I want to play only because it's popular

These people need to be gassed.

just dinged 14.

>get home from shitty work day
>literally shitty because I stepped in dog shit
>oceanic servers are down

Attached: jthmkillmyself.png (352x466, 130K)

No they aren't dumbfuck. Why are you picking the ones that literally say FULL or HIGH rather than Medium or Low you stupid fucking faggot.

The leveling is that slow if you play casually

Fuck zoomers.

Attached: image.png (497x74, 76K)

Based zoomer

>wanted to play
>as I was waiting in queue, sudden realisation struck me
>vanilla fans are really just a bunch of 30+ boomers who can't let go of the past, and their happiest memories come out of a videogame
>have no desire to play anymore

Attached: 1487208299104.png (225x225, 4K)

TBC massively improved both PvE and PvP of the game. Classes were able to use more than one build and got lots of new skills to use and all the QoL improvements.

Though I honestly don't know if flying is a good thing. It kills the world in the same way teleporting does.

>waiting past 3 months
user... I will say this much because you kiddies are dumb Zoomers and never played vanilla.

After 3 months the second wave of content of coming which is ONLY the pvp ranking system. Battlegrounds will still not be out yet during this phase. People will be ranking up by world pvp only. Layers will be removed from the game and there will be nowhere to hide.

If you don't get to 60 within these first 3 months you are eternally fucked.

>log in
>all servers except 3 are low
it's already dead, pack it up

Is this on Faerlina? I haven't encountered any zoomer-speak on my realm yet

THERE ARE LOWER QUEUE SERVERS. JUST FUCKING SWITCH.

Leveling is slow for everyone because it used to be a significant part of the game

Russian realms are surprisingly comfy. Cooperation, entertaining chat, harsh language, no reddit lines, no dirty foreigners.

i was so fucking excited bros... literally just sat and waited for this game to come out

and now i fucking hate it, i get bored so easily, i'm forced to play on a dumb schedule due to queue times and it just sucks. playing(especially alone) is just a massive chore, and what could be seen as difficult is actually just time consuming

really sucks but i was wrong

Shazzrah

Any Arugal cucks here waiting for the servers to come back up

I swear the retards complaining about queues are just trolling right? People can't seriously be this fucking retarded when they can just look at the change realm page and see that theres more than just Faerlina, Herod, and Stalagg.

Quit the game then idiot.

Attached: 1535228820788.jpg (268x268, 21K)

Imo teleporting has a place but should be really expensive. Flying mounts are purely detrimental. There are already transport npcs that cover fast travelling anyway. Flying mounts that you actually ruin map design and exploration for sure

22 warrior

>switch to realm with lower queues
>it's dead in a month
no

HOME

no shit people are realizing the game didn't get good and balanced until BC, and even moreso in WotLK

Not only are you wrong. You're mentally retarded.
Your mother should have shoved you in the blender before you took breath.

Enjoy your queue then brainlet.

19 Human Paladin
Engineering/Mining

cancelled sub and im sure i'll be playing less and less until i drop it all together

i can't be the only one who feels like the game just drains your soul though

30 and 20

Dude it's sick as fuck, me and my buds are having tons of fun, servers are full and lively. Look if fucking runescape has a small community then WoW will have one 50x as large no problem. It's still a waste of time because it's a video game but it's a good time.

Russia is a mutt nation, everyone and no one is a foreigner

Friend of mine said his guild was going to roll on herod. He managed to no life it up to level 18. He was bitching to me about the queues. I flat out told him your guild is full of fucking morons and should choose a different server. Last night the dumbasses decided to switch and wasted days worth of time.

People are so fucking stupid.

Thank goodness, one less zoomer retard playing the game and polluting it with his presence.

I'll just stay afk logged in forever, thanks :)

That's not really a rebuttal, that's just a buttblasted insult.

lmao Idgaf, I don't play on any of the full servers retards like you keep complaining about the queues for.

>didn't even play the first 5 years of the game

So glad Zoomers will quit this shit.

Balance is what made WoW an uninteresting homogenized slog. Each class having stupid/unique things that are sometimes OP is what gives the game a lot more flavor in Classic.

>zoomers quitting because they don't have the attention span to sit in queue like adults
Yep, It's becoming more like home.

I already said it multiple times
every
server
is
Full
on eu prime time

us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/oceanic-servers/276363

Let the shitposting commence

Classic appeals to nostalgia and zoomers who have only heard about Vanilla escapades in Youtube videos. It's just as buggy and grindy as Vanilla too.

All in all, you're not missing much. The emotional value people put into Classic is directly proportional to the amount of time they spent doing menial tasks with friends. Nobody with half a brain thinks collecting 12 bear asses for months on end is actually worth the subscription. If you hate modern WoW you will hate this too, because it's just more of the same with longer grinds.

Attached: 1566921208990.jpg (465x472, 144K)

>implying
the only ones getting in are the chidren and neets, the boomers have jobs and responsibilities so by the time they get through the queue they already have to quit the game for the day

doubt it.

>already level 32
I can't reroll now

>if i don't have non stop action and explosions in my face then it's not worth it
Zoomer mentality.

redpill me on warrior in classic

The only purpose retail has now is to farm gold to pay for your Classic sub.

What really happened
>gave blizzard 15 bucks
>I want to play with asmongold
>queues are over 4 hours on his server
>seeks coping tools
>heh... Only Boomers ay this... Hehe

Even if your story is true. You are a fucking moron for wasting 15 bucks.

It's not really OP classes being OP, its some subclasses (2/3 of the paladin subclasses) being pretty much unusable and completely outmatched for any real content. My friend wanted to play tank because he does in retail and liked Prot Paladin but I had to tell him "sorry bud, but it really isn't good and you won't get into any raid groups". Now hes probably not going to even play Classic after his sub ends lol.

I played 1-10 today and felt braindead by the end
there was a quest where I needed 12 items and it took like a dozen kills to get just 1

>doubt it

Attached: IMG-20190828-WA0018.jpg (1600x900, 158K)

Pros: Best tank, a beast in pvp (with gear and heals)

Cons: worst at solo leveling

Alright, I concede. Dunno why Blizz won't add more EU servers.

>first few days playing: short load times, low latency, everything’s smooth, great community
>trannies promoting traps and faggotry in general chat
>oh boy, here we go
>btfo them with reason and logic
>latency now ridiculous
>lag spikes up the yin yang
>insta killed out of nowhere

Real subtle, Blizz, reeeaalllllllll subtle.

they forgot about the scandinavian welfare system

>being europoor

Is gnome really worth it to play Warlock? Am I missing out a lot by playing Human?

human areas are packed

damn this btfo'd me so hard
brb gonna go revise the oath of allegiance

You're going to experience hell while leveling, but at endgame everyone's going to want your dick.

I got a char on Stalagg but for some reason Grobb just calls out to me. And your post pretty much summarizes it

TBC added flying mounts. one of the biggest cancers of the game.

If only we had a way to know if it lived up to the hype and was objectively better than retail ahead of time, like some sort of population that somehow already played the game...

there;s nothing in either TBC or Wotlk that I'd want to warrant making them available considering they both add their own garbage that killed the game

level 15 hunter.

Gnome has better racials for pvp. Racials for classes other than priest aren't that big a deal.

The “OP” class of WoW.

Do you really trust an even worse team than they had back then to do that?

It will be better when you go 20/31/0 talents with swordspec.

I personaly like 5 first points in combat, then 21 points in assassin for cold blood. After that fill it out with combat so you end up with 21/30/0

>omg I can't wait for TBC and wrath so that the old content is absolutely irrelevant again

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

>nothing I’d want

Class rebalances that came in bc are 100% needed.

i switch servers when i was level 11. in the end it was Worth it since the new serves has low quee time.

I don't care, it makes BGs better

Even the most hardcore #nochanges autist is going to get bored of doing the same content over and over again for years. Like what happens when Naxx has been out for 2 years or more? Just permanent limbo?

uhhh new content? And just make the old raids be attunements for them or some shit, how fucking hard can it be to put in something that makes you want/need to do the old raids?

Literally every spec is perfectly playable besides Prot Paladin in Vanilla. It might require dodging an autistic raid leader or 5, and some specific gearing, and getting fucking good, but it's entirely doable.

26 warrior

To warriors: duel wield is good as fuck leveling dont level to 40 with 2h bc u dont have ms yet and unbridled wrath lets u have tons of rage

Don't fall for the manufactured hype. This game will be dead the moment streamers stop playing it for the next new fad. Save your time and money.

oh yea I can't wait, better go reroll hunter right now to save up time later on

Grob Nelf Hunter here. Been having a great time. Ran alongside a druid who was a new player from darkshore to SW and had a nice conversation; helping out some other players while we were running. It's been comfy as fuck.

Attached: 1539997574117.png (350x350, 88K)

>Are MMOs ever worth it?
No, user.

Attached: 123157797577534.gif (480x270, 1.65M)

Come join us on Grobbulus friend.

Attached: 1554318376784.png (426x587, 107K)

>flying mounts
>resilience
>arenas
>belves and space goats

Attached: D1jbxoPX0AEZnRY.jpg (640x723, 30K)

i doubt i be playing after i hit 60 but you never know.

new content would ruin the game
Naxx is meant to be the final raid, period

>report someone with a non-rp name on grobb
>they don't get banned instantly and are still playing the next day

Attached: image0.jpg (720x720, 31K)

>Faction homogenization
>Stormherald
>Was the start of murdering established characters and lore to accomodate Tigole the Kike's Everquest l33t raider fantasies

Out of all the WOW style MMOs out there, its still the best in its genre, because unlike every WOW clone, and even live WOW itself, vanilla actually gave a fuck about your leveling experience.

I'm starting to believe that TBC is the actual "you think you do but you don't " case here, not vanilla

Depends on what you mean on "worth it'

For $15 a month, it'll eat up hundreds of hours of your time, if you're looking for something meaningful, stop looking for that in video games.

that started with Kel'Thuzad
also the lore was murdered day 1 when night elves were contrived into the alliance and undead were contrived into the horde, who gives a shit

>MAXIMUM REALM CAPACITY INCREASED – 28 AUGUST
are you fellas excited about the free realm transfers down the road?
just imagine herod/faerlina/shazzrah on a single layer

TBC was always the nostalgia

youtube.com/watch?v=mF8HhLm_5w0
Why didn't you roll on an RP-PvP server, user?

>The actual source of the leveling clownsuit meme, quest greens even for concurrent quests did not even attempt to match in the slightest
>Sanctuary towns instead of towns with guardchads ready to tear your dick off for fucking around
>hahaha Zangarmarsh
Sun Eater was a cool sword though, I will give them that and only that
Kel'Thuzad was already a legitimate antagonist, he had no other way his story would go besides trying to slay the living and him being a Lich could easily just be written off as not actually dead without being turned into a walking meme for a decade unlike Kael.

This sounds fucking great, i'm gonna roll warrior thanks Yea Forums.

>starting to believe that TBC is the actual "you think you do but you don't "
It sadly is as it's been proven a lot with private servers. This is actually hard to say considering it was my favorite time period of wow, so much so that i'm not even going to explain why because I know every privateserver fag already knows what i speak of.
my point is you're very correct

Attached: 1562193834368.png (597x597, 637K)

>Final Fnatasy threads have to name themselves "World of Warcraft" just to get people to post in them

Attached: orc laughing kek.jpg (225x225, 8K)

What if we got a tbc with a classic mindset. No flying, no resilience, no arena, and anything else that ruined wow

Dont cry for us when you cant pass level 20

>old content still largely irrelevant
>max level increase
no, these 2 are majors problems still

I'm more worried about hitting 60 and then not getting a dungeon or raid spot user.

More than a couple of zones would need awkward teleporter chokepoints or a terrain revamp because they were designed around flying being available

Anyone else just waiting for the hype to die down so they can finally customize their saved name characters?

Attached: Sleeping_dwarf.jpg (1024x768, 58K)

Yeah I've been trying to think of ways to keep stuff relevant and not increase the level cap. But it's no easy task.

If you're tanking you will not have to worry about getting into dungeons. Raids however will be a more delicate thing, you can only fit so many Warriors in and if you start straining the limit your rate of gearing out the group will be hampered significantly

>playing Classic
>lots of group quests
>always friend anyone who talks more than 5 times
>get a good Deadmines group
>constantly talking, ripping on each other and laughing the whole way through
>run is pretty much flawless
>get multiple good drops
>2 group members are in the same guild
>they ask me to join afterwards
HOLY SHIT LADS IT'S LITERALLY HOME AGAIN JUST LIKE I REMEMBERED IT

Attached: 1532138918888.gif (493x370, 425K)

I know, that's why I'd rather have this opportunity (Classic) be thought out as much as possible so we don't get another shitfest retail route

>open a chest in darkshore
>8-slot bag in it
>get a bigger dopamine hit than anything i did in the month and then some that i played bfa for

Attached: 1556919536105.jpg (500x500, 47K)

My first bag was an 8 slot that dropped when I was finishing mulgore and it was fucking cash

fuck off, that's nothing to when i received my store mount that i paid for
you wish classicfags

Attached: 1565629024721.jpg (601x508, 68K)

So now that the dust has settled, we got it - and did we want it?

There's no great way to do it, not without bringing back the guy responsible for Vanilla's worldbuilding that Tigole & Co. buried any mention of after taking over and slapping their Everquest endgame on it. Opt-in expansion servers are your best bet for increased longevity, but I personally wouldn't join in.

everquest managed to have 4 "classic" expansions with two level increases. you can have better gear without increasing the level cap.

if your a good tank, everyone is going to want to be your friend.

I do like the scenery though, up in the air. Some games have really, really nice sunsets and sunrises. But there are high places, like mountains to view them from.

have you preordered your wow chinkphone yet fellas?

Attached: 17051.jpg (1080x1440, 589K)

>is it worth it?
>friend said our group of friends should play it
>dont listen to him
>hes been playing it since release
>"yeah guys i dont think you'd enjoy it, its way too much of a grind and has zero qol to help, i been in queue for a couple items and its just not worth"

I am more prepared to hammer "cancel subscription" once they back down on layering. The shitshow will be glorious.

chinkphione sales are banned in my country due to china being a country of swarthy untrustwothy cunts.

>This
as soon as Gehennes has no que im Rolling on that server

I gave classic a shot. I enjoyed vanilla but I just cannot be bothered with going through all the same stuff again.

You're better off playing a class you like. Theres no class that gets left behind in vanilla.

ok good to know bye

Rogues are slow early and a lot of areas are crowded.

thanks for listening

you're welcome, have fun with other games user

Exactly, just climb a mountain or tower or something. Go to a coastal zone. There is no good reason for any WoW style mmo to have flying mounts

>3 months
Any source on that?

thanks, hope you have a blast in classic

Protection Paladin.

Well i did say class not spec. Theres plenty of specs that get left behind for sure.

>people who roll paladin have near 80% chance to quit before hitting 60
We told them but they didn't listen

>Bring laptop to work
>Log in and join the Q at 2pm
>Started at 8,000
>PLan to keep it on my hotspot till about 6pm when I get home, 4 hours should be about right to finally reach the front of the queue
>Leave work at 6pm and I'm at 900 in Q
>Get home and make a coffee
>Now 100
>Finally get in
>Servers go down

Money well spent lads. Just like I remember on Blackrock. The true vanilla experience.

Attached: 1566377975758.png (544x546, 368K)

Leveling as a pally with other people is so god damn fun. You just know your DPS is the worst in the party, but people will love you on how useful you are (heals, blessing of freedom, bubbles, aura, other blessings, stun, judgement of justice, rezz). And you can do all that in all three specs. Thanks god I wasn't memed to roll a warrior

Prot Paladin
Balance Druid
Reti Paladin
Fire for 2 entire raids and Arcane Mage
Feral Druid, except for a couple of fights where bear off tank is welcome, your cat form can fuck off though
Shadow Priest is MAX 1 per 40 man raid, you can only play this if you are the raid leader or the raid leader sex slave
Thats already quite a lot of non viable specs

If I ever sub I'm gonna make a white haired nelf druid bro.

As long you are fine with respec pure healer at 60 and never ever think to change role if you want to play. yeah, pala is fun

If they were good friends then you guys would have coordinated that shit before anyone got invested into one server

I'm not sure I'm going to raid yet, I may go full pvp and stay as ret, who knows

Yeah...that's not in contention. All classes have at least 1 spec that is viable though, that's what i was saying.

>Arcane Mage
>it's another retard episode
It's all so tiresome.

what class do you play user?

No bro
PvE or PvP at 60 Paladin is literally unplayable if you aren't Holy, you aren't even going to be a special snowflake for not be a Holy paladin, it's simply retardness due just how BAD both Reti and protection are and how 0 niche they have anywhere

All the shitposting was wrong, Yea Forums was wrong, the game's fun as fuck, there's so many brand new players who clearly don't have a clue what they're doing, everyone's doing a bit of light RP, it's epic dudes!

Attached: meirl.png (362x412, 129K)

>I may go full pvp and stay as ret, who knows
CHAD

Shadow priest. Yes it sucks in pve but its good for lvling and pvp and i can heal dungeons fine with it.

Shadow is dogshit as fuck for dungeons and raids, but man oh man do they fuck people up in PvP. I would only ever justify their shadow debuff in raids if you have a heavy amount of warlocks for some reason.

make new friends with the amazing classic community feature lol

literally how?

I just hit 21 as druid and got that sweet sweet 30% movespeed in cat form

get fucked everyone who has to wait till 40 and 100g

>and raids
Confirmed shit player. When you deduct the extra damage they provide to warlocks and add it onto the priest's damage then they become a top 5 DPS in the raid. They are perfectly viable for warlock heavy raids.

warlocks are shit people want mages

"getting good" you know skill requirement for classic is absolutely zero, right?

imagine thinking Artifact Levels aren't the real level of modern WoW

Way to prove you never played vanilla.

>literally couldn't even finish a single sentence
Locks are middling raid DPS, they exist for healthstones, summons and Curse of Elements for the mages.

Forsaken joining the horde isn't really comparable to how bad night elves joining the alliance is. I mean at least they gave some reasons/background for it, to this day we don't really have any concrete information about how the night elves join the Alliance.

That said I would have much rather had Horde goblins in Vanilla with Gazlowe as a racial leader.

Someone in the past thread said that Battle Shout does more AoE threat than Thunder Clap or Demoralizing Shout. You might want to try spamming that (and Sunder/revenge/shieldslam main target) and see if it works.

Attached: 1567058606666.png (1171x612, 422K)

>don't have to keep your dots up because there's a debuff limit on bosses
SKILL

Sounds like bait.

>putting your dots back up when they expire
Whoa now that takes talent!

What the fuck, minus the edm this is me except I still listen to all of those genres.

If you're worried that it might die off, I would go ahead and play it right the fuck now.
It's great seeing all low-mid level zones full, the game feels seriously alive.
If you seriously believe it's going to die off but you are going to keep playing just make sure to join a server that's full but has no serious queues at rush hour.
Dreadmist in the EU is that way for example.

there's a lot more mechanics in modern though, not just dots, i only brought up dots because there's no addition to spamming 1 ability in classic bar the occassional dot

Everything just feels more rewarding, a quest gave a green dagger for my rogue and when I saw it it felt better than getting an epic in retail.
You also feel the difference you do in damage.

Debating taking a break on this toon and level another up to 20, and then inch them all up 10 levels at a time...or just focus fire one of em to 60.

>perfectly viable
>bro, i can't taunt, generate or keep aggro so you have to pick up everything running away from me and go to the dps who stole my aggro because as i told you i can't taunt or generate and keep threat
yeah, just play Holy and make everyone a favor

>more mechanics = more fun
Yeah no. I don't consider retail boss fights fun at all and neither do most people otherwise retail wouldn't be dying now would it?

You'll burn out if you work on 2 or more characters at the same time.

classic is a retail game you idiot, modern is only dying because people are getting bored about doing the same crap for 15 years upwards, and the cow has been appropriately milked. if blizzard added an expansion that copy pasted classic's game model just about everyone would flip their shit about how there is jack shit to do and the classes are horribly pruned and the rotations are garbage and the bosses jokes

He said besides prot paladin though.

bear druids don't have a taunt either

His statements true if you count feral dps, so I'd say feral is viable.

>Returdin
>Oomkike
>Basedman dps
>Viable
xD

Bear Druid has taunt lol.
Paladin has no taunt, shit aggro (60% on a NODAMAGE class), needs to go deep-ish holy for consecrate, manatank with no way of getting mana back.
Way to be a moron sissydin.

Meh, waiting for Archeage Unchained. Vanilla was ok until BG's happened.

>modern is only dying because people are getting bored about doing the same crap for 15 years upwards
No it's because modern is shit to play, not engaging at all and has become a transmog/mount collecting game.

>warlock heavy raids
sounds pretty optimal dude ha ha

does classic support graphical client side mods like retail does?

8 druid rawr xd

This amount of mental gymnast is pretty hilarious

Not an argument

If this is peak zoomer I don't know what is. The same fucking mentality that installed Fortnite to attend that Mashmallow concert.

Sorry have a life gramp

I am and I'm feeling sorry for you not having one.

it's the same mentality that made wow big in vanilla, bc, and wotlk

Really? How bad were you? Threat is a real issue in Classic. Many of the bosses are taunt immune and Warlocks have no way to lower their threat besides paladin's salvation.

help me choose a name for my Warrior, I have too many dumb names to choose from, none of which seem good to me.

Attached: names list.png (239x608, 234K)

Nihlathak is based on human warlock

threat isn't a skill mechanic, you know what to do or you don't

Still work on Undead? I'd rather be an Undead warlock than Human

>2019
>Listening to music
>Being this underage and autistic

No! Stop that bullshit. Classic + can never be a thing. We HAVE to get WotLK servers.

tranny gms are gonna camp you now

Reminder that anyone bitching about queue times joined a streamer server, there are some genuine servers that aren't full 24/7 you can play on but nobody wants to do that, they always go to the popular realms.

*blocks ur path*

>Rift

Attached: 1562235957541.png (645x729, 59K)

I just wish i could buy WoW tokens with gold in classic.
Ive gone this long without putting money into this game and im only in now because a friend im playing with bought a month for me.

Reminder that the OSRS community went throught the same "NOOOO WE DONT WANT ANY CHANGES REEEE" phase.
Now there's stuff in that's completely new and retained the oldschool feel.
Kinda helps that jagex has the community vote for changes (requires like 75% yes vote to pass).

If blizzard is going to do anything, they should do it like OSRS. We could have Outland as it was meant to be with a hard levelcap of 60 with sidegrades allowing new playstyles and balancing done through itemsets and consumables.

I can’t believe pathetic assholes still play MMORPGs over the age of 18.
Makes me sick to my fucking stomach thinking about the fat, sweaty, bug-eyed, losers sitting there trying to relive an experience.
You aren’t going home, you are in a theme park waiting line hoping to get on the rides before the park closes for good.
You sick fucks make me want to throw up. I hate you. GOD I FUCKING HATE YOU. You fat shits. I wish Uncle Sam would pay me to come to your house and break your LED riceboxes. I can’t wait for you to reach your death bed and look back in horror of the years you wasted chasing dragons and elf boys.
GET A JOB

How awesome would it be if artifact levels became actual levels in wow and ap just became xp and you leveled throughout the expansion with each patch adding new content to upcoming levels with xp requirements squishing as weeks go by as a catch-up mechanic

Paladin 11 since OC servers were fucked today.
Leveling as a Paladin is some cock and ball torture. Its safe, but Seal of Righteousness > Judgement > Seal of the Crusader for every mob is some shit.

Attached: IMPOSSIBLE.gif (400x400, 1.99M)

there's no more depth to be found in any of the other classes bar maybe rogue

Almost as fun as warrior
Autoattack > heroic strike > miss > Autoattack > heroic strike > parried

>Play protwar on retail
>Used to slammin 70+ APM and spamming my buttons each 1s/half second like a madman on crack
>Play Paladin (gonna tank those 5 mans!)
>Seal and afk
It’s nice. It get to actually watch and roleplay whole playing.

How much fucked am i if i were to level one myself?

Reminder that OSRS is utter shit, and 06-era private servers is the only worthwhile way to play it.

>Queues are literally killing the hype.
The first 4 months of WoW in 2004 were nothing but queues and server crashes, so this is the true WoW Classic experience. It's a feature!

>There are so many people using move bots
Or, you know, just putting a stack of quarters on the 'Up' key.

which servers are even the steamer ones? I just joined a random one

there are no medium or low ones on EU

>b-tier diablo 2 villain who ruined everything because he's a coward
>based

Attached: 1507332622242.gif (295x221, 574K)

Level 23 Warrior, got cooking and fishing at 225/225. Currently Mining/ Skinning but planning to swap out skinning for engineering eventually.

you're almost as funny as seinfeld.

>be autistic as hell when game came out
>grind a lot, but don’t want to talk to anyone really because too scare
>see low level pleb with no gear die to same mob a few times
>Pleb: /hello Hi can you help me with this guy please?
>me: /nod and run over to little mob
>kill it in a second
>Pleb: Thank you! You’re awesome!
>me: /bow /salute leave
I probably looked autistic, but I felt like a superhero then

Having fun the que has ended on my server and I have broken out of the low level starting zone so it’s smooth sailing

I'm just having fun playing Classic. I quit retail in Legion, not coming back to that again. Not really worried about much besides leveling right now

Attached: 1445754060642.jpg (557x1062, 131K)

Want to play for a month and see how I feel after then. Want to play with irl friends though really and not sure if I can get anyone to. Played back in the day, had a level 60-something warlock. Kinda dropped off after Zangamarsh.

tbf I'd take TBC over Vanilla anytime, even though I played both.

>tauren Hunter

That only class race combo I actively feel bad for. Imagine picking something that actively harms your deadzone.

>not working night shift so you can play in the mornings

Hunter, 17

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i wanna play

>trying to do an escort quest before the timer runs down
>npc keeps getting distracted by trash
>HURRY YOU FUCK
>You have been disconnected.

Attached: 1356047913828.jpg (794x517, 52K)

You're probably going to log back into that same pack of trash and get nuked immediately

Still 4 hour queues for me
i fucking hate blizzard

play on a different server retard

>I quit retail in Legion
op here, cant believe my thread is still going from last night..

also you quit in legion? jesus christ the game was dead long before that.

>being EU

What an insufferable life

>leveling sucks
>no end-game
What did Blizzard mean by this?

tf are you on about, a big part of wow back in the day was that is was popular, it was huge, sure not culturally normalised like nowadays but still a massive draw was that it was popular
you want to play a multiplayer game alone? what a fag

wotlk killed it amiright

some peeps like do stuff cuz they er idk wana
"get a job" kek L O S E R
how about relax before that aneurysm kicks in

?

Anyone else get d/c'd and stuck loading now?

Troll Preist, 16

too bad we can't play goblins. they're the only Horde race I really like