The entirety of Yea Forums says "kek" because of WoW

>the entirety of Yea Forums says "kek" because of WoW.
>Yea Forums still rebukes it

Attached: WoWScrnShot_082719_055334.jpg (1475x590, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vg0umuJvRLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Th majority of people on here say it because of the frog meme. Very few people here have been around long enough to know what kek has to do with WoW. Also, pretty sure the actual origin is the onomatopoeia kekekekeke.

I was under the impression it originated from the bastardization of "lol" into "lel" and a typo of that since K and L are next to each other as "kek".

Only retards use "kek" anyway

>Not starcraft koreans

It comes from Starcraft you tards

top sizzle fren

lol,no

I wondered all these years and was afraid to ask
also I have never and will never play wow

ZOOM ZOOM

It was the egyptian god kek you dumdums

When an Alliance player ran into a Horde player, and they tried to chat, the game changed what was written to create a language barrier. It always changed the letters in the same way, and "lol" would turn to "kek".

>unironically using "tard"
are you actually 350 pounds of fat?

It originated on Yea Forums when lel was wordfiltered and we started saying kek and jej to get around it

zozzle

That's kekekekekeke, a very big difference in usage but arguably the precursor

your on an anonymous image board. You can ask anything. You just have to decide which is a shot post and which isn’t

lol became lel became lyl with kek coming in somewhere in between

This is the official canon from Yea Forums

kok

Somebody on Yea Forums probably played WoW, because that was WOW's wordfilter for "lol"

the only stuff that comes from Starcraft is GG and PTSD whenever you hear about koreans

it was lel before kek

ive never used the k word in my fucking life

:^y

It's context appropriate.

It's likely both and , in that Blizzard was aware of kekekekekeke, and also realized people would be saying "lol" often in the chat, so they made "lol" translate to "kek" so that anyone who said "lolololololol" would be translated to "kekekekekekek"

znood

>implying that zoomers here know shit about this website
reminder that caturday exists and that this is an anime website

Sooo do you still get kek in classic or...?

What the actual fuck is wrong with you? Did you think everyone would remember your specific patterns of speech and shame you everytime you posted? Any potential embarrassment you could have had through asking that one question is now doubled as everyone who reads your stupid fucking post tries to wrap their head around how you were afraid to anonymously ask a question that no one would ever be able to trace back to you.

Like wake the fuck up, dude. You're not that fucking important.

I miss when Yea Forums was the king of Yea Forums's meme culture. Yea Forums is complete trash in comparison

Dingalinaling

Nice paragraph, homo.

literally more cringe than the original post

>people say kek and don't know it's from WoW

What the fuck? Do you people just imitate everything you see and hear and never question it?

yup. kekeke is lost to time

we have been laughing at you the entire time

I bet you are way too meek irl

KEK

>when the first post is the best post

Attached: 1527199998063.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

it's literally the first result on google, how is this possible?

rule #1 is lurk moar

so I did

Vanilla WoW
It was a MMO that was shit back then, is shit now, and will continue to be shit.

kek

kek is pure soul

>all that vegetation
soulless

janny won, we live in his dark future

But I was 12 when I played Vanilla and I thought it was the coolest thing ever, are you telling me I was wrong all these years?

Kek was popularized by koreans in multiplayer games years before WoW you zoomer dipshit.

Attached: 1565800515009.gif (262x300, 2.89M)

You're the only correct person in this thread. It originated around the time reddit started making "rageface" comics and stealing the image macros from Yea Forums. Everything had "Le" in it from le reddit, so people used to say "lel" as an ironic shitpost about le reddit culture. Kek was just a natural progression to show that people didn't want to use le to distance themselves from reddit. Anybody that says otherwise is wrong.

Are correct. I believe it was word-filtered here as "kek" for some time as well. My (WoW-playing) impression at the time was that it was from that kek

Get a load of this zoomer. Orcs said Kek in orcish when they type "lol". So people started saying Kek instead of lol.

that's kekekeke from zergling rushing.

Blizzard adapted it as Kek to WoW for Orcish to common translation of lol. That's where it go popular.

It's from embed related, faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=Vg0umuJvRLU

kek is from /pol/ it has to do with pepe frog and egypt I think.

its not even that, sadly, its that its wow origin as a LANGUAGE BARRIER WHEN TALKING TO THE OTHER FACTION is lost

its ONLY kek because lol shows up as kek if your ally. not sure if for horde, never touched them ever.

Teenagers that flooded 4chins during the 2016 election wanted to fit in and started to pick up the lingo here.
So yes, to answer your question.

I thought it was [s4s] and this image that introduced it into common Yea Forums usage.

Attached: 5F46F6D3-EA73-4FE4-B73F-667F2D8644F9.jpg (600x709, 115K)

Only played ally back then, and rolled ally again in classic. What does the Alliance "lol" look like to Horde players?

AHAHAHAHA LOL WHAT A BUNCH OF FAGGOTS GET FUCKING REAL THIS GAME BIRTHED MEMES LMAO RETARDS

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 218K)

>bur
I believe, though I haven't played wow for 10 years so my memory is probably fucked.

Hahahaha keep coping faggot

Can confirm that it's "bur".

I say it because of neither

this is the only right answer unless youre from reddit or from ifunny

It's sad because nowadays Yea Forums is just frogs, wojacks, general threads, and /int/ garbage.

ITT languagelets who have never browsed a community with nothing but coreans

Attached: 1520379140309.jpg (960x949, 91K)

>tard? What an awful insult!
>haha you are fat
lmao

The worst ones are the ones who thinks kek = cuck

You still get kek in retail

That's because for a year cuck wordfiltered to kek. I think the all caps version still might.

Good to see someone respecting the rules

Attached: 30870563.jpg (475x360, 56K)

i honestly don't remember this happening
KEK test

it went lol > lel > kek > jej then back to kek because of WoWbabbies and frogposters