Is there a better example of a series where more than half of its catalog is garbage but fans will pretend it is the...

Is there a better example of a series where more than half of its catalog is garbage but fans will pretend it is the greatest series in the world?

Attached: logo.png (352x143, 8K)

Resident Evil and Dragon Quest

Sonic, Pokemon, Mega Man, Final Fantasy...

Pokémon

Well considering it's not quite yet to having half its games actually be shitty, yes there's plenty of other series that fit that better

Yakuza

Sonic
Final Fantasy
Resident Evil
Wipeout
Dragon Quest
Fire Emblem
Fzero
Metroid
StarFox
Halo
Uncharted
Jack and Daxter
Gran Turismo
Gears of War

Your favourite series

>Pokemon
We will reach that point at gen 10 technically

It is though?
Depending on how you count it (Oracle games as one or as multiple), it's a 2:1 ratio of shit to good. 12 bad to 6 great.

I don't think anyone considers Pokemon the best, but over half the catalogue is solid.

Not 1 mention of CoD or AC? Oh yea I almost forgot that's because they're all crap my bad.

What half is garbage?

Final Fantasy

Ys
Mega Man
Tales

The 2D half, minus Minish Cap, plus Skyward Sword.

I like Sonic but no fucking way is it the best in the world lmao

Kingdom Hearts
Yakuza
MGS
Resident Evil

>Where fans pretend it's the best
Reading, user

Atrocious taste.

Majora’s Mask is the only good Zelda game and the rest of the games are for kids and angsty teens

anything released after 2001

Eat shit zoomer

Bad bait.

The only atrocious taste is someone actually liking the pile of shit that's Skyward Sword. Not only the worst Zelda game, but one of the worst games I've ever played.

Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy.

>Zoomer
That why I haven't really enjoyed a Zelda game since Wind Waker? Or have OoT as my favorite? Didn't like Twilight Princess or BotW, but I'll admit they're not shit.

Persona

Actually you'd be surprised at how many Sonicfags are fully aware of how shit a lot of Sonic games are.

The thing is that a lot of them are only into the series for the story and characters, if you can believe that, which may be indicative of a larger overarching problem.

Attached: 1522437791689.jpg (864x1458, 193K)

...People are into Sonic for the story? The fuck? If you're a really young kid, sure, I'd understand. But I grew up with the Adventure games, and not once did I ever care about the story.

Autism works in strange ways

Final fanstasy
MGS
Call of duty (no shit)
Oddworld
Every fighting series ever made
Ratchet and Clank
Crash bandicoot
Kirby

>Mega Man, Final Fantasy
Mega Man's problem is just that it's formulaic. Most of the games are at least decent.
Meanwhile the issue with Final Fantasy is the shifting target audience. Hardly any Final Fantasy games are actually garbage. I like 4, 5, 6, and 7; but only retards think any of the first 10 games are literally garbage (except maybe 2). And that's over 50% of series releases even counting the MMOs as garbage and NOT counting Tactics.

>Crash bandicoot
NOBODY thinks the series is perfect. After the ND trilogy + CTR, all games divided the "fanbase"

I mean if you go by main series only maybe, but most of the actual catalogue on the franchise is shit.

God of war

Zelda has had like 2 good 2D games, 1.5 good 3D games, and a whole bunch of shit. The Zelda formula is very appealing but the execution is almost always subpar.

>Zelda 1
>Zelda 2
>ALttP
>OoT
>MM
>OoX
>ALBW
Nvm, I guess you are right.

Fuck you the only actually bad game is Chains of Olympus the rest are at the very least average
Yes even nuGOW

Tell me which Zelda games you don't like, I'm genuinely curious.

The only bad Zelda games are
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Minish Cap
Skyward Sword

and arguably Zelda 1 and 2 but I give those games a pass for their age personally.

>"more than half of its catalog is garbage"
alright heres a list of all the zelda games you tell me which ones you consider garbage
- Zelda I
- Zelda II: Adventure of Link
- A Link to the Past
- Links Awakening
- Ocarina of Time
- Majoras Mask
- Oracle of Seasons/Ages
- Wind Waker
- Four Swords Adventures
- Minish Cap
- Twilight Princess
- Phantom Hourglass
- Spirit Tracks
- Four Swords 25th Anniversary edition
- Skyward Sword
- Link Between Worlds
- Triforce Heroes
- Breath of the Wild
For me I think only 4 aren't great games and thats a stretch. (for me SS, TP, TH and Zelda II are the worst games but are still fun in their own way)

>Zelda II
>worst
plebicus rex

Resident Evil is easily the most consistently good game series.

>Code Veronica
>Survivor
>Zero
>Outbreak
>Umbrella Chronicles
>Operation Racoon City
>Revelations
>5
>6
>Umbrella Corps
All of these games are bad
Really only 1-4, the remakes and revelations 2 are actually good

*7 is good as well

Mainline Resident Evil are pretty consistently 'OK'.

I was about to comment that 'no one is in denial about Pokemon games being shit', but then , so I guess yeah probably this.

Other then 2, there is a bad Dragon Quest game?

Attached: Akira Toriyama_03.jpg (512x724, 102K)

I think it's a stretch to call 5 bad, honestly.

>Spirit Tracks
>Minish Cap
>Bad

It became a full on action game without the level design, horror, or puzzles of previous games
Wesker is great but if you remove him you have a very mediocre 3rd person shooter

That's all true, but I still think it's an OK game all things considered, there's nothing there that I would consider outright "bad" other than some of the story moments, (Wesker really makes up for it, though).

already said it for me.
As for which ones I'd consider garbage, FS/A alone, WW, TP, and MC are mediocre as fuck and I don't think I'll see LA or PH as any kind of good if I play them again. The rest get a pass though.

There's not one garbage Zelda game outside CDi and Links Crossbow Training. The rest range from OK to Perfection.

Most boomer opinion ever?

>zelda for angsty teens
i get its bait but do you know what angst is?

Sonicfag here
We're well aware most of our series is shit

This series hasn't had a bad game. Not a single one. Some are better than others, and a few aren't particularly amazing, but they're not BAD games.

forgot crossbow training scrub

>People still think Skyward Sword was bad

Triforce Heroes also wasn't bad, just unneeded

Kingdom hearts, only 1 and 2 are the good ones

I liked 5 as a coop shooter. It's horrible if you're expecting a survival horror.

The Witcher
Grand Theft Auto
Anthem
Peggle
Madden

I'm not saying its a bad game but as far as a zelda game goes it is the worst. It hasn't got any of the staple puzzle elements and items and overworld are more akin to classic RPG elements.

The way I think of zelda games is if they are fun to replay then they are good games. FSA is a fun game to play it has unique puzzles in it that do require brain power. WW is a good zelda game if not a little short. MC is one of the best 2D zelda games with a world that feels alive and characters you want to talk to, it is a little short though. LA is a highly praised zelda game although not my favourite it has all the good elements of a zelda game. PH is brilliant if it wasn't for the control scheme then it would be one of the best '2D' zelda games. TP is the only game listed that is boring af to play through again.

is there a better example of poor taste?

>FSA is a fun game to play it has unique puzzles in it that do require brain power.
Maybe I'll give it another chance then.
>WW is a good zelda game if not a little short.
>MC is one of the best 2D zelda games with a world that feels alive and characters you want to talk to, it is a little short though.
The difficulty for both is way too laughable for me to enjoy them anymore.
As for LA and PH, I liked them before, but it's been a long time and my only memories are of bad parts like the fog segment in PH.

They are a step down from the other entries, yes.

They're still like a 6/10 at worst. "Bad" is mostly relative here.

>different = worse
Retard.