So what do we think about this ?

youtu.be/AJ-19_ymgcw

Attached: 85DD7D8D-7426-44F0-A4B1-B50770BEAA34.jpg (3840x2160, 797K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3IzuFRJ5RKc
youtube.com/watch?v=NxvuMr9uDZM
youtube.com/watch?v=OPcV9uIY5i4
youtu.be/0wnqPA8NFdo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I enjoy TM and even moreso when it makes anons who are dead inside claim it's not funny but I do wish he'd branch to non-Nintendo games besides MHW

A little miffed people still don't realize Final Destination is a counterpick, usually one used against Fox
I only watched the first 30 seconds btw

His shit is surprisingly funny
youtu.be/3IzuFRJ5RKc

I liked how he properly implemented some of the "parallel universes" video mechanics into the fight instead of just phoning it in.

>we
Think for yourself, fucking moron.
As for your question, I personally love it.

the fucking skuttlebug jump

Attached: Laugh.gif (270x180, 2.5M)

its actually good. Yeah it's a little cringey but it's for the most part quality. Yea Forums just likes to bitch about what's popular.

It’s the most Yea Forums thing since the resetera meltdown

I for one appreciate the effort, the fucking dialogue were actually well translated japanese

Agree

Terminal Montage does good work and it's nice to see he's branching out from the pause loud scream brand of humor.
Can't be upset with the outcome either. Mario clearly had Fox outmatched even if he hadn't built up speed before the match started.

>They actually used Scuttlebug's Japanese name when referring to it

Terminal Montage is hilarious. This video was no exception.
Love the dude, I hope there are more fights coming.

>the fucking dialogue were actually well translated japanese
literally kino

Attached: 1519301083344.png (1518x780, 1.58M)

>I was building speed for the last 12 hours
To this day I cannot believe the impact Pannenkoek has had in the mario fandom as a whole.

That was one of his weaker videos but I generally enjoy his stuff

Personally I thought he was in kind of a slump after World of Light, which is a great mishmash of a lot of his earlier jokes.
DK/Star Fox/BOTW aren't really that great, but he came back from the brink with Super Mario World.

It feels a lot like golden age Newgrounds stuff, honestly. Enough random wackiness for that anarchic humor vibe without leaning into it too much, and still being enjoyable for people familiar with the game, rather than just being "wouldn't it be funny if Mario used a mushroom and it turned out it was LSD?" and just exhibiting actual knowledge of the game rather than superficial shit gleaned from other internet memery.

that was incredible. His videos in general kind of remind of newgrounds flash videos.

Man I thought dkc was some of his best work

I enjoyed StarFox and BotW but DK I can take or leave

>His shit is surprisingly funny
youtube.com/watch?v=NxvuMr9uDZM

that video is pretty much a huge mention of pannenkoek

I feel the problem is that he began making videos on games he has less expertise with and his jokes rely more on public perception of the game over his actual experiences with it. You can tell this is more a thing with Luigi's Mansion and DKC most of all. The biggest problem with the SF64 and SMW in my eyes is how he let his own popular jokes from older videos take priority over the game that's highlighted, eponymously Melee Fox in SF64 and M64 Mario in SMW.

I mean, jeez, SMW Speedruns have enough jank to make a whole new different speedrunning mario character.

DKC and Starfox are still my favorite.
And Kirby too

I still think he did a good job of representing SMW and Star Fox 64. I appreciate that he used his own versions of the character for those instead of resetting with every new character.

DKC and SF are fantastic, though. BotW is good, especially if you compare it to the actual WR at the time. SMW was kind of meh, didn't need the SM64 Mario as part of it.

Slippy's dead.

this video had actual jokes in it and wasn't just "DUDE wacky loud/explosion noises xD" like his castlevania video which is the only other video of his i had the misfortune of seeing
so yeah i liked it

Attached: 1566771232476.jpg (920x986, 205K)

It was good but SSBU WoL was his Magnum Opus.

Speedrunner SMW Mario is a reality rewriting god who has access to arbitrary code execution and can basically do anything.
It would be rather difficult to have him as an actual separate character since the techniques are so fucking bizarre. Like how the fuck do you even parse shit like this into an animation?
youtube.com/watch?v=OPcV9uIY5i4

NICE

I feel like he used Pannen's stuff way too often but it is still great.
Been following this dude since Side Quests and I fucking love him.

lolsorandom

Character doing random stuff and then you animate whatever effect you want with no meaningful cause.

Not that funny, but it's fairly reminiscent of old flash cartoons, which I guess aren't that funny anymore either.

Attached: 1339635639930.jpg (577x435, 29K)

This and the Mario world one are surprisingly funny. I enjoyed it.

>short kick jumps
Mario was holding A the entire time

Attached: 1453239732325.png (1500x1300, 1.1M)

mario world, world of light, and smashbros were the only good ones.

Just seeing all those jokes about Pannen's power level being brought to life was novel enough for me to enjoy most of it.

I lost my shit at the wavedashing with the remote clacking, lol. That’s literally how stupid that shit looks and sounds.

I think it was pretty neat, but i don't dictate you opinion.

Way better then his rip offs
>scott falco

It's a return to form of the millions of videos like this that were made during newgrounds' golden age

Scott speedrun animations are definitely different in style to Jeremy's. His are definitely way more reference intensive and inline with actual speedruns as opposed to Jeremy who references the speedruns but it's more an original video.

>non-Nintendo games
Honestly that's an interesting topic all on its own.
In particular, do you think Terminal will do a Something About for a Sonic game, and if so, which one?
Do you think he'd portray Sonic as the complete opposite of his portrayal of Mario, or would he be even more of a speedrunning monstrosity?

Attached: tmsanic.png (109x113, 24K)

most of the video was good but there was one part where mario said something like
>how can he be faster than a half a-press
and it just fucking pissed me off in that moment because up until then, and afterwards, the references were actually well-used

It's insane to me that Rahthalos, Dracula, and Marx all just happened to be featured in his videos prior to this.

>I for one
>no one calls this out
And I get banned by redditor mods for this. Jesus fuck what happened these last few years?

Attached: Screenshot_20190828-225818_Opera.jpg (720x1280, 336K)

>watch the video
>think it's funny but don't get most of it
>watch Pannen's Magnum Opus afterwards
>re-watch video
It's actually fucking hysterical how accurate it is to the fucking video, holy shit. Fox just being a generic shounen protagonist is pretty great, too.

For the longest time I thought he was also responsible for this:

youtu.be/0wnqPA8NFdo

Due to the Japanese.

>Do you think he'd portray Sonic as the complete opposite of his portrayal of Mario, or would he be even more of a speedrunning monstrosity?
a bit of both. like, he tries to go fast normally but keeps glitching out and shit, which essentially takes his speed down to, say, non-speedrunner mario.

>SMW Mario was kind of meh
Look, I'm sorry, but Mario shoving Iggy into a pit of lava, hearing Iggy's screams, and then immediately exiting the castle and frying the egg has made me laugh probably the hardest I ever have.

I like the clicky sounds

5:20 SURPASSES KINO

Attached: SMART GLASSES.jpg (200x200, 10K)

Also his intro sfx reminds me of hizashi no naka's menu sfx

When things get "serious" for a given value of serious, like the Mario vs Fox fight or really just any time Mario slaps the shit out of Bowser, or the action sequences in Donkey Kong Country, he's able to really convey speed and impact pretty well in spite of how simple and crude the drawings often are.

>Pauline's level
My sides. I remember being pissed off, coming back around the end of dark world and she killed herself instead of letting me have the satisfaction of beating her

Attached: 1559857849234.png (200x300, 96K)

Fox's jokes are kinda weak, Mario's are amazing.

very good
tho zsnes gui credits is very unbased

It's probably one of those "master the rules to break them" things where he can convey a lot with a little. I found both Pokemon Battle Royale videos really fun to watch because of that.

Attached: 1558487166343.gif (291x184, 198K)

Nice, good to see mods making an effort. Hope we're rid of you for longer soon. ytmnd/gaia/gamefaqs/reddit/neogaf/resetera/discord boogymanning has always been total nonsense.

Attached: 1548104393787.jpg (1920x1080, 460K)

>we
Cringe