8 years later

>8 years later
>still the best capeshit game ever
What went so fucking right?

Attached: 220px-Batman_Arkham_City_Game_Cover[1].jpg (220x273, 16K)

>>"still the best capeshit game ever"

Attached: spider-man-03-90rx.jpg (1600x900, 276K)

I feel like city had some blissful moments of cape faggotry and grappling/gliding is amazing but the open world feels tacked on in a lot of moments
asylum was more consistent and focused

Attached: virgin bat.webm (512x384, 473K)

soundtrack and bat-shit insane epic every 5 seconds
i mean, it's epic even when you stand still

I do agree about Asylum but I feel City makes up for its faults by having (some) good bosses and polishing the formula. Mid-game goon fights and the freeze fight on hard were so good

>ubisoft towers
>ubisoft side missions
>MJ/Nigrales missions
>garbage bosses
>gadget wheel interrupting the combat

I thought the story was a little basic, we have seen all that a billion times with spider man games
is the weakest point on a otherwise competent game

mr freeze fight is indeed the most "motherfucking batman" moment in any of these games

Attached: 1551478997463.jpg (1988x3056, 1.8M)

But that's not Arkham Knight.

I only played this one as a teenager and damn it was great. Are the other ones any fun?

fuck off
Arkham City took what little merit Arkham Asylum had and, excepting Riddler Trophies, got rid of it

fpbp

Attached: Spiderman Air Combo.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

I wish WB Games had made Origins another smaller-scaled game like Asylum instead of City 2.0.

Attached: 1563144458770.png (254x590, 138K)

Asylum had absolutely horrible bosses, City fixed this issue and also made the combat better. Asylumfags need to see the light already, I actually love that game but City is objectively superior.

bro there are like 5 capeshit games

>City is objectively inferior.
ftfy

I liked the gameplay in knight better, but the story was rather flat. Also it had a cool suit. I wish the games weren't just night time though. I get it that it's batman, and he's the 'night guy' but that dirty night setting can get boring.

Attached: Batman.png (626x350, 173K)

Great pacing, actually good boss fights, and a kino ending
Too bad Knight had to bring back the Joker and make him the focus again for the 4th time

Attached: 9ED86519-65C1-4B9E-9DA4-C8C67A0AE487.jpg (1200x704, 133K)

batcope

>level design and atmosphere not as kino as asylum, combat/stealth inferior to knight
umm what did cityfags mean by this?

Attached: 1523850143395.jpg (680x680, 111K)

>City is objectively inferi-

Attached: 841B263C-BA06-437B-8B15-D65BC994EDE1.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

Arkham City is one of the most kino games ever made, period.

This but unironically.

>Asylum had absolutely horrible bosses, City fixed this issue and also made the combat better.
Not him, but I feel like those are the only things City did better. I prefer the setting, plot, and general level design of Asylum more. That said, I think each entry in the series has its own individual strengths over another, so people preferring Knight or even Origins makes sense to me since it just comes down to which game pushed the right buttons for you.

or.

Ah, back when western devs weren't cucked. Good times.

Attached: Batman-arkham-city-catwoman.png (1171x1421, 2.37M)

I'd say Rocksteady's trilogy stands near the top of the best game series/trilogies. I'll buy anything they release day 1 after their accomplishments.

Something tells me they initially planned to release another game this gen but then decided to shift to next-gen. Would make sense given how long it's taking for their next game.

>ps4
>4k

Why do they continue with this meme when it's obviously wrong? Isn't this illegal or something?

Can't wait for their Superman game for PS5

>I'll buy anything they release day 1 after their accomplishments.
Not after Knight's PC port.

Yes. Origin is the worst but it's still ok

You're absolutely right user,i prefer Asylum because i like the metroidvania aspect of it a little bit more than the semi-open world in 2,but personal prefence aside you cant say that City isn't just an improvement in every aspect.

I hope it’s something new they’ve done enough Batman(though a Beyond game could be amazing if done right)

the collectibles in this game werent fun at all.

Arkham Knight is better in every imaginable way except bosses and story, and even those are pretty fucking mediocre in arkham city by bidoo game standards

I absolutely hate capeshit but i adore the series.
I got all the achievements in the first two games four times,two times on different Xbox 360's once on PC and once in the Collection.
I love metroidvanias and i am a huge completionist so these games are like crack to me,the fun combat is just a bonus.

Spiderman doesn't have a cape

Origins is the only other game that comes close to City
Asylum has some great level design but the combat and bosses are pretty bad and Knight has the best core gameplay but forces the bat mobile down your throat and lacks any real bosses

my autismo says that they were working on something justice league related and after the movie being predictably shit and the avengers game rumours started they are just going to tiptoe around for a little longer

Attached: 1559430758457.jpg (900x1200, 452K)

>that pic
>"only babies need help"
>wonder womans face

Attached: 1551917868683.png (265x325, 162K)

Already deconfirmed by Sefton Hill. I'm cautious though based on the rumors of it being a "create-your-own-hero GaaS title". It'll be disappointing for sure if they're being forced by WB to make that.

They didn't develop Knight's PC port. It was Iron Galaxy.

>What went so fucking right?
The Short Change Hero trailer.

ahem

Attached: 240135b.jpg (190x272, 37K)

That's not capeshit, those are superheroes, you fuckhead

>Another cancelled game
I hope someone try make a Superman game in the new generation.

Attached: tumblr_nqzg55NGUG1rg2j3ko1_1280.jpg (1024x614, 139K)