Attached: 49494jpg.jpg (554x369, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

switch.homebrew.guide/index
youtu.be/2K0ZwZoqEQc
nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
ebay.to/2UbZ4u9
aliexpress.com/item/33011262524.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.77794c4dUOG7SN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

when I last checked I wouldn't be able to play online in official servers, so I ain't hacking it yet.

My Switch is the latest firmware, I would have to buy an older switch hopping it's an old firmware.

I'm not a fucking thief.

theres uses beyond piracy

I bought mine after July 2018 when those patched models came out.

i have mine hacked. When I get home, i'll install Astral Chain and get to play it for freeeee

same

Can I come over after school and have you hack it for me? You're good at that nerd shit.

I'm too stupid to figure out that stuff. But I have a good job and work and PAY for towards the things I want, unlike you hippie liberals.

I have like 120k in my savings and don't mind spending money if I like the game and studio

Is it true that enabling AutoRCM is something Nintendo can detectec?

I don't have a usb-c to usb-a cable and a way to accurately bridge the required pins together. Other than that, i'd mostly be hacking it for overclocking and reverse-nx, which allows you to run a game's handheld configuration when docked and vice-versa.

i got the new switch model sadly

what the fuck is a jig

>too stupid to follow basic instructions
>”you liberals”
bruh

I have money, like physically owning my property, and reward good work by paying people.

Why are people constantly asking this question? Fuck off with your 'kek, keep sucking corporate dick' response and give an actual one.

Latest firmware on a patched model.

>Use it to play SNES games on my TV with the comfy pro controller
Checkmate atheist

People here like posturing on Yea Forums much, much more than playing video games

According to my serial number, mine is supposedly old enough to be hacked, but have they pushed out updates that fixed the exploit on mine?

Do you basically have to find an old AND unused/unupdated Switch to hack them at all? Seems a tall order and will only get worse.

Firmware doesn't matter if the Switch isn't patched

Just waiting for my jig to come in the mail. I've already downloaded a bunch of games.

The exploit is based on the tegra x1's recovery mode, as it was designed to be used in android devices, which is hardwired and thus impossible to patch out with firmware updates. If your switch is the right model, you can hack it no matter if it's up to date or not.

why do you willingly enter hacked switch threads, type a comment, fill in the captcha, and submit? do you truly not care?

This.

Because when i pirate something, i don't have the will to play it.

>Just hack your switch, bro it's so easy
>Just make sure your switch is old enough or else you can't do shit
>Just sell the one you have and buy one that had a dog chew on it from ebay bro

Attached: annoyed.jpg (420x236, 13K)

>why not?
It's too hard

Attached: 1554686007679.jpg (334x363, 17K)

>buy jig
>put jig on joycon rail
>take pro controller cable and plug it into switch
>upload hax to switch
>???
>profit

actual retards

Attached: 1565494403533.jpg (480x477, 14K)

Are you claiming that I with the switch I bought this year can be hacked?

No, the exploited hardware flaw has been removed on newer models.

Then why is calling a retard

You might, always worth it to check the serial code unless its the new model

Has there been any progress on hacking these newer ones? If I were to buy a new switch now, is there anything I can do with it hack wise?

no.

and?

I checked already, it's a patched one

Attached: Ive got balls of feel.jpg (389x399, 41K)

Because hacking it is fairly simple. It's not as braindead easy as hacking say a psp, but it's achievable by anyone with basic reading skills and an IQ above room temperature.

>Hacking a device using an exploit that has been patched out is dead simple
I guess you're right

Waiting until its discontinued. Same as my wii

I have 2 for this reason. Playing some morrowind and modded skyrim while i relax in the bath after work is great. Playing as linkle in breath of the wild currently and loving it.

Fuck jigs. Use aluminum foil and put it into autorcm and be done with that shit.

wtf is a jig

Emunand doesn't work so y shill

i've already bought all the games for it that i want and don't feel like playing the "d-don't update, it breaks stuff" game

I had no hurry to buy one and now I fear I may get a patched or newer one.
Guess I will just wait more.

lol

The exploit used a hardware feature that was removed in later models. It can't be patched out via a firmware update. Again, IQ above room temperature, if your switch unit doesn't have the hardware feature required to run the exploit, it won't be able to run the exploit. If your switch isn't hackable, you won't be able to hack it, what do you fail to comprehend?

It's not just this thread, user, and you know it. Pirates come to every single Switch thread with their "imagine buying games im 2019" posts. And would you be so kind to answer to the question I posted? Why do you care if someone hacked a Switch?

Is it harder than hacking a wii or ps2?

Attached: autism.png (3588x3596, 1.13M)

Better to have a jig if you want to go online at all.

Firmware's too high, and at this point, I'll probably just trade in the one I have for the improved battery life.

Which switches aren't hackable? Bought mine in January of 2018.

Thought so.

>Why haven't you done this?
>Here's why I haven't done that?
>Why are you here if you haven't done this?

Attached: brolyconfused.png (1152x720, 143K)

All you need is a properly set up sd card, something to bridge the two pins on the right joycon rail. I'd say it's about as hard as a wii, just a bit more involved, as you have to boot up the system into recovery mode with the two pin bridged by holding the power and volume button, like you would with any android phone or tablet.

Mine is not patched but I'm too afraid to mess it up.
switch.homebrew.guide/index

I bought mine august of that same year, and i managed to hack it using fusee-gelee, the firmware agnostic exploit, so yours is most likely hackable, as if i remember correctly, nintendo began shipping the revised units in may.

The exploit is firmware agnostic. Any switch that can boot into RCM can run it, regardless of firmware.

How well does Morrowind run on it?

>needs joycon rails to work the exploit

>siwtch lite has no removable joycons

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>why not?
Because I want to play online

Depends on how you play it. You can install a full GNU/Linux distro on it an run the game through WINE or use the switch port of openMW.
youtu.be/2K0ZwZoqEQc

Does it have legit CFW now and not that stupid shit with the paperclip?

Attached: 1382168499773.jpg (450x656, 56K)

All switches manufactured after mid 2018 can't boot into RCM, as the feature was simply removed. Even if switch lite had removable joycons, it couldn't be hacked anyway since it uses a newer revision of the tegra x1 with recovery mode removed.

Thanks for the help user. I'll try to mod it soon. Should i stay on the firmware i am on if i do get it modded?

Only if you are firmware 4.0 and below

Yes, it has CFW but you still need a paperclip/jig to boot into it. It basically boots a copy of the firmware from the sd card, or an emuNAND, which avoids tampering with the internal memory, which would probably be easy for ninty to detect.

then how does nintendo get into it?

As i said, fusee-gelee is firmware agnostic. If your switch is hackable(i.e can boot into RCM), it can run the exploit, no matter the firmware.

Switch has PPSSPP working really nicely. My hope is that I can eventually get a GameCube one to run the adventure sonic games/heroes and stuff like Mario sunshine. Haven’t hacked it because I have the latest model with the improved battery.

You must've checked like last year, because you infact can play online on official servers.

Good question. The ability to boot that easily into recovery mode was most probably a combination of the tegra x1's roots as a tablet processor and oversight on nintendo's part. They most likely have their own debugging/diagnostics tools to boot into RCM.

I'd get one if I could hack it and play MHGU online without fear of being banned.

Is it PS3 tier of getting a Switch without being opened and on low firmware?

Why?Im not a neet and I can buy the shit I want to play.

Nah, hacking a switch is fairly easy, provided your unit can indeed be hacked.

I know emunand + incognito is supposed to be very reliable as a way to avoid bans but I'm very wary still. I'm mostly waiting for my friends to get tired of multiplayer games and Ill hack it then.

how?

So do I, but i like being able to use the hardware i own how i see fit, regardless of the manufacturer's intended use. Piracy is just one of the many things you can do with a hacked switch. You can overclock it, use custom themes, usb storage, backup saves, play homebrew games and emulators, or even use it as a tablet or desktop computer with a full GNU/Linux distribution!

So I want to hack my Switch but I have a couple concerns due to the Switch hacking scene still being relatively young.

1.) Are CFW updates really common? I’m only hacking for the free games and I don’t want to keep up with a bunch of different CFW updates

2.) Getting games online can be super sketchy, so is there a semi-legit site to get games from?

3.) How quickly are games able to be downloaded online after release?

EMUmmc

Emunand for the switch. I have been using it for a while, last time i checked i was unbanned on my sysnand

Reminder, this is the guy who makes these threads

Attached: OP of these threads.jpg (640x480, 46K)

Firmware doesn't matter at all as long as you get an old model Switch
>Thief
I don't think you know what this word means

What do those magic words mean? Is there a guide that will redpill me on the subject? I'm curious, I'd like to get a switch when they release a version that doesn't have soicons and doesn't break after a year of use.

Because I'm not poor.

By playing on nintendo's servers. They do barely any checks. Even back on the 3ds, i had a pirated copy of smash installed, with all the DLC, along with many homebrew apps, but i could still play online without an issue.

Did they update the Linkle BotW mod? Or are you playing on an older game version? Last time I tried, it didn't work right

Looking for the new Switch tablet model so I can hack my OLD model.

he's basically saying you can have two versions of your console: a clean and hacked firmware
you can go online normally on your clean firmware but if you go on nintendo's servers on your hacked firmware they'll nuke your account

Attached: 965205E3-42CD-4299-966F-745DC437F4A2-875-00000158E3A75F55.jpg (300x300, 43K)

By buying the small handful of games with actual online functionality and pirating the other 90% of the singleplayer library.

I just bought mine so I cant but that's okay. I'll hack it later in its lifespan when its easier. No need to rush into it or anything.

>"stealing" 1s and 0s

Attached: 00566b588f300469356fe76edcb0a1ccab771e0852222a37a8a90c7b73d1ecd5.jpg (487x332, 70K)

That's neat as heck, how do I do that?

I'll hack my switch in like a few years when a new switch model comes out, like a pro version or something, then I can have the best of both worlds

I don't want to bother with a jig. Do you have to get one?

Don't have to. Can just bend a paperclip and it'll do the same job. Or even a piece of tin foil, that's how I first did mine. Jig is way more convenient though, you can get one in Amazon for about $5

Just beat Astral Chain, the story was a complete clusterfuck.

but was it fun?

It was okay.

I'm waiting for Switch Pro, so I can hack my old switch. Need a safety net in case it bricks or Nintendo Ban Hammer wave y'know

Attached: 1564474265120.jpg (700x525, 91K)

>rationalizing the death of an industry

Attached: derpus.png (205x246, 4K)

because you can't make mods outside of swapping models and music for all the good games like splatoon 2 and smash.

Do you still need an old model to install CFW and shit? i might get a switch next year.

Attached: jkjc5W-n2P7iSbx3KdS5QaAriNzbgE-UgsZhpF_fMYM.png (1189x1227, 108K)

>want to beat it before the buyfags get their version and the shitposting gets shifted into overdrive
>keep losing interest at each of the investigations sections and dropping it

Attached: 1425505172558.jpg (210x175, 22K)

I managed to power through the last few by just straight up ignoring them after a certain point, the one where Jin wants you to play a sliding block puzzle with even more complicated rules because you have to keep track of both yourself and your Legion made me want to fucking kill myself after 20 minutes of pushing trucks around on the hard difficulty one.

The ending is insanely abrupt, I was really expecting an epilogue. Unless they tacked it onto the fucking credits, I skipped those because some retard at Platinum thought it'd be a good idea to sync the music to the HD rumble and try and burn out my fucking controller.

I'll think about it when it's as good as the 3DS was when freeShop was still a thing.
Which is never going to happen so good riddance. But honestly fuck Nintendo for not lowering their games' prices.

There's a tranny discord thing that is basically the same shit as freeshop if you're too dumb to just download nsps.

cute

I fried my switch and i had to get a new one and it isnt hackable

I'm not just talking about freeShop. Can you inject GBC/A games and play DS games natively on it or do you have to resort to RetroArch? Does it at least have Nintendont? Can you just turn it on, play online and fully customize literally everything without a worry in the world?

Except you can? There's a bunch of mods for Odyssey that are complete level reacements or a hard mode.

if you don't have one that can be hacked is there a way to downgrade it?

Everything up to N64 runs well through retroarch. Plus I have a standalone GBA and PSP emulator that both work amazing. If you want playable Gamecube/DS you'll have to install Linux/Lakka

What's preferable to download for pirated games.. NSP or XCI files? I know that NSPs are like eshop rips and XCIs are taken from cartridges but is there an advantage over any of them?

i'm not poor and i can afford to pay for videogames

Attached: 1561321198527.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Nsp files, you install to the SD card and can be used on any cfw. Xci, you drag and drop and don't need to install, but I believe only the paid cfw can use them like that.

I don't even give a shit about playing online on this lmao

>Piracy is the only reason to hack a system
Custom themes/player icons, emulators, homebrew apps/games, media players... Should I go on?

I'm a brainlet with this stuff

Literally only need a piece of tinfoil to hack it, I shit you not

i have like 30 other devices that can do those things natively why the fuck would i care about modding my switch just for that?

Is the scene still a clusterfuck. As in constant bickering over stupid shit like which OS is better when the result is basically the same. I used ReiNX since the beginning but I'm thinking of switching to Atmosphere for the emunand. Is the process that much different? How does switching between sysand and emunand work anyways.

Because I know a guy who hacked his switch and he's banned from online. I like having online.

>Changing your statement once you get proven wrong
Stay classy, user.
Personally though, it's convenience. Pretty nice being able to play Mario World, 64, Odyssey, Ocarina of Time, Breath of the Wild, Skyrim, and tons more all on the same system.

I will, I just need to get a microSD

For real?

How easy is it to fuck it up? I have an old enough Switch but I'm terrified of "connecting the pins in the circuitry".

If I can still play online, gimme a brainlet-proof guide and I will.

i didn't change any statement are you literally retarded?

Don't feel like getting scammed looking for old switches. I'll hack it once the firmware is completely cracked and a safehax-like method is found.

Don't use that guide, its shit.
Use this one: nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

So if one were to somehow obtain a copy of those tools, would it be possible to force RCM even without the current exploit?

I have one of the revised Switch models with the better battery life. Not hackable yet.
Also I tend to only hack dead systems so the company doesn’t lose money on my piracy

You should be terrified
with good reason. The incorrect pairing of pins can fry your Switch and completely brick it. I recommend buying a RCM jig for like 3$ since the manufacturers test them before sending them to you. I refused to use a paperclip or soldering the joycon and after a few days of waiting for a jig to get delivered now I have a good modded Switch with several NSP's to play with as well as the whole emulating retro scene.

Waiting for the switch pro to come out so I won't risk bricking my current switch. I've never done this before and would rather be safe than sorry.

>Won't hack because I won't pirate
>You can do other things
>Won't hack because I can do those on other devices
Looks to me like that's a changed statement faggot, so fuck right off

Turbo retard over here.

>why not?
Because I'm more likely to invest my time and effort into a game I've payed money for. If I hack my Switch and everything becomes free, I'm probably just going to spend 30 minutes on a ton of games rather than investing my time into a few games that I really like enough to spend money on.

Attached: switchwillfry.png (983x855, 916K)

>I don’t want to pirate
>BUT YOU CAN DO OTHERRRR THINGZ
>I do not care about those things
>GREAT JOB CHANGING YOUR STORY!!
That’s how dumb you sound. I’m not even that user but you were to stupid to ignore.

Come on user, you don't need to point yourself out, that's just cringe

Attached: IMG_20190621_194423.jpg (640x352, 28K)

Looks like someone can't read basic English

but can you mod in functional fire flowers and power-ups?

i think i just lost 10 iq trying to understand your retard logic

Nice third grade comeback, retard.

It’s you. Never did he say the only reason to hack was to pirate. You misquoted him in green text and assumed that’s what he said. He merely said he doesn’t want to hack because he doesn’t want to pirate. You didn’t “prove him wrong” by saying you can do other things with it. He never doubted that you could.
Keep being retarded

Says the one who won't say anything other than retard.
Gave a reason for not doing it, pointed out other things they could do, changed it to saying they won't do it for a different reason. Not too tough to understand

See a retard, call a retard. You’re just digging your hole deeper after
Three different people just blew you the fuck out.
Keep talking, this is all the entertainment I need for the night.

You gave a reason and he didn’t care. The story was never changed.
That’s like saying
>I don’t want a ps2 because I don’t like ps2 games
> but you can listen to audio cds on it too
>why the fuck would I do that?
>I thought you said you didn’t like the games. Nice changed story

>why didn't you hack your switch yet?
>i don't care about piracy which is the only reason i would ever even consider modding my switch
>B-BUT YOU CAN PLAY EMULATORS TOO
>i would never think about modding my switch just for emulators or having a custom profile picture
>CHANGING YOUR REASONING HUH? GOT YA
it's actually extremely tough to understand but you're apparently too stupid to have any kind of self awareness

not them but these niggas were asked a question and they answered. why do you sound so stunted

Hack it so you can rub your pud to Linkle in BotW

Attached: 5c7601b87d3f6.jpg (918x562, 81K)

I just did user... how the fuck do I actually DOWNLOAD the shit I fucking want to play though?

Goldleaf/Goldtree or Lithium, don't use TinFoil.

thanks user!

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 10K)

I can recommend getting FTPD as well, in that case you don't have to remove your Switch from the dock or remove the SD card to add new shit. Just use FileZilla via PC after you have started the .nro from the Homebrew menu.

Gimme some switch hidden eshop gems to pirate.

Attached: 1561873196188.jpg (800x1157, 151K)

I mean if you're cucked enought that you are giving Nintenod 20 dollars a year for P2P online service you don't deserve free video games anyways.

How do I transfer my already hacked switch games into emunand?

Attached: 0FE.jpg (1080x1296, 103K)

Is Moonlight a thing that works well yet?

Nope.

Attached: moonmoon.png (1020x313, 35K)

I think you can transfer them via Lithium.

Can someone link me the jig order website?

I got my functional one from this guy.
ebay.to/2UbZ4u9

Thank you

Alright you fags convinced me. Even though I play splatoon every night, if I can use emunand in airplane mode, I’ll join you.

Attached: 78D15A3F-E46D-4625-BCF2-25796D8FD992.jpg (668x677, 67K)

Wow bro you sound really cool

That's not linkle tho it's the great fairy from TO

Is this legit?

Attached: Screenshot_20190828-191031_OfferUp.jpg (1440x2960, 896K)

>death of an industry
>industry is doing more money than movies and music combined
>wojak poster

Attached: 1462208771051.gif (357x238, 2.2M)

100% legit
Do it user

Attached: 1710740_orig.jpg (3508x2480, 2.5M)

this is peak jewish brainwashing

If you're going to be switching between sysnand and emunand frequently, I'd recommend getting an rcmloader. I got mine here aliexpress.com/item/33011262524.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.77794c4dUOG7SN

Anyone want help or some tips? I also know some useful homebrew:

>OpenMW for Switch: Lets you play Morrowind on your Switch + mods
>Open RCT2: lets you play Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 on your Switch + mods
>sys-clk: Forces any game into docked resolution when playing handheld (basically, constant overclock)
>NXShell: file browser for your Switch, even plays music files like a playlist
>emuiibo: lets you emulate any amiibo (as long as you have the file for it which is easy to get) for any game and even lets you randomize IDs (if you want to double dip amiibos in BoTW)
>switch-lan-play: lets you play online via lan play (if available) on private servers with anyone (and for some games, doesn't even require a hacked console)
>LineageOS 15.1: Android ROM for the Nintendo Switch, based on Nvidia Shield TV. Emulates the Android OS on your Switch. Play Android games and emulators on switch.
>NX Themes: Custom themes for Switch (you can even animate icons now)

nxmtp so you can mess with the SD card on a wired connection without taking it out

Yeah, I actually do need help and I literally cannot find that anywhere.
How do I edit the icon of an installed Switch game? I find many of them to be abysmal, like NST and Enter the Gungeon's. I have no interest in actually modding the games, just editing the icons that display on the Switch's home menu. How do I do this? I assume I have to edit the .nsp and reinstall it?

Such as...?

Mods, homebrew, custom themes and lan support among other things.

what's a good price to buy a moddable switch for?

I'm going to tell you that's going to be mostly impossible. You can edit game saves by messing with different values but editing the game code like that, no dice. You're only going to be able to change icons for custom nsps which are really just redirects to .nro files.

That sucks, but thank you for the info.
Can you tell me a bit more about switch-lan-play? How is LAN play any different than playing officially through Nintendo's servers? By "anyone", do you mean only other people with this homebrew app?

Yes only people that use lan play can play lan-play together. Don't expect a massive play pool, especially for the less popular games (like smash will always have a few people online on active servers at time). The best way to find people is to just jump online when people from the offical discord do which is fairly large. Depending on your own internet and the sever, the connection can be better than even using nintendo's servers.
And for the .kip file, if you use atmosphere, it already comes with the .kip set up. All you need to do is run the desktop app, type in a server, and connect. Some games don't even need the .kip though, like splatoon and mario kart.

Attached: 1547601634791.jpg (900x675, 56K)

user, do you know why rich people are rich?

Too lazy

This. inb4 demon people pretend to laugh at me as they're seething and falling in to hellfire.

Cuz I play shit online and I'm not a poorfag.

Attached: piratefags.png (465x587, 33K)

What's the best way to stream PC games to Switch?

Preferably without Android, but if I must I will.

I just don't give a shit tbqh.

can you mod the grapple hook in as well as swim underwater? if not, i'm not interested in hacking my switch

My serial starts XAW4000 Is that a good one?

Yeah, it's the best one to hack.
Trust me, I'm a dolphin

Whoa what the fuck. You're a fucking dolphin?

Attached: Screen_Shot_2019_05_17_at_11.48.34_AM.0.jpg (1200x800, 129K)

Too lazy, I barely touch the damn thing anyways

Is the fact that even if you buy a game the developer still doesn't get money? Even a new game? You're feeding the pockets of the publisher and even if their game is successful said developer can still be laid off for utterly irrelevant reasons. If shareholders believe the studio isn't investing in money making titles (like mobile games and games filled with micro transactions) they'll clean house. And good sales don't really translate into sequels. They help, obviously. But it's helping the pitch towards another game, that's all. Even then, plenty of games get canned during development. Why do you think Kojima released PT for free? Why do you think there are devs that bitterly release their games through the pirate bay? Why do you think GoG has no drm?
The gaming industry is cancer and the only way you can actually fund developers directly for their work is crowd funding and that's already proved to be disastrous at times. You never know if you're funding a project that will succeed or fail.

But user I have
and I don't play the thing anymore because I have too many games and can't decide what to play

Attached: 1559817445721.jpg (700x700, 99K)