Arthur Morgan

Was he a good character?

Attached: 3061198-arthur portrait transparent.png (1024x1448, 2.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zgie9cIE_0Q
youtu.be/qHer-rGfTco
youtube.com/watch?v=tAYZFVbUAW0
youtube.com/watch?v=gBPB1g9Znfw
instagram.com/p/B1sHi9LJ3eq/
youtube.com/watch?v=oG7jKUHsLfY
youtu.be/YdW5-uJqCVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, son. He was

Easily the most well written character Rockstar has done since Niko

Much better than SOIBOI Link that's for sure

I didn't really think so at first, but once he started actually questioning dutch he became pretty good.

A little insistent for my taste

He questioned Dutch from the beginning

He was a tragic character.

Niko was literally just "OH NO I WAS A CHILD SOLDIER IN BOSNIA!!!!" "DAMN U DARDEN!!!"

this really. He was the only member who was skeptical of Dutch save for Hosea after the blackwater job. He is just also extremely loyal

He's the best character from the entire rockstar games catalogue. He's the reason I kept playing that piece of crap.

How do the gang justify killing train guards and lawmen? How do they still sleep soundly thinking they’re semi-decent folk when some train guard is literally just doing his job and gets blasted away by some bandits?

yes. I love John but I think I like Arthur more

Attached: 494949.jpg (640x640, 48K)

Because FUCK COPS BRO

pretty good for a video game, I liked him. but there are several problems with him that goes beyond hypocrisy, like him slaughtering hundreds of people but has a problem with loan sharking. I know he's supposed to be a hypocrite, but that's beyond irrational and just seems like the character clashes with the rockstar mission structure

They betrayed the principles of freedom

Attached: 134807841674.png (572x572, 328K)

He's a good protag but his journal ascended him into the god tier

I kept meaning to read the journal but never got around to it

You should be. Since GTA IV, the good writing of Rockstar games are hidden in the side content and little details

How did anyone manage to beat this game? i unironically fell to sleep during the long ass intro sequence. This game takes away the player's control at every fucking corner, not kidding.
It's Dardan, you uncivilized amerifart.

Can confirm, i am playing the game for the first time, knowing nothing about the plot and in act 2 i already get the feeling that arthur is really having doubts about dutch.

Because they just need ONE MORE SCORE ARTHUR AND WE'RE IN T A H I T I

They put so much work into that journal, I love it. Every side thing has different versions for Arthur and Marston, Arthur writes different depending on his honor, the drawings.... It is awesome.

Niko was a dogshit turk character, not even close to Arthur

The best. The very best

I expected nothing but he ended up being one of the best protagonists in vidya history.

True. The journal is fantastic.

Attached: 1560647364143.jpg (1564x1564, 276K)

Shut up, slavshit. No one cares.

Too bad he still went along with the stupidest shit Dutch comes up with.

>I went to
AN town

C R I N G E

I really get the feeling that, like most games, the slaughtering hundreds of people thing is more because he is a video game protagonist than a hypocrite.
If it were a book or a movie he probably wouldn't murder so many people or have so many near death experiences, but since it's a game they have to let you get into gunfights like all the damn time.
He seems more like a capable guy who reluctantly does what he has to, which occasionally means even killing cops and people who try to kill him.

too whiney. micah was better.

>yugos
>slavs
They are swarthy discount turks

the journal is one of the most soulful things I've seen in a game, such a fantastic little touch, really got me into drawing too

Loyalty can make people do stupid shit. Additionally Dutch raised him, so Arthur loved that man like a father. Emotion will often greatly outweigh logic. It's the human condition.

yeah that's what I meant with it clashing with the mission structure. maybe it's also how cinematic each mission is that makes it feel like he's really that much of a bipolar psycho, but maybe it's just a vidya issue in general

>"you killed my friends, for one thousand dollar"
Kino

>John protect Abigail and Jack
>rain falls save your son as you could not save your people
>Dutch start listening to them as really loved you

Attached: D4V96gLWkAYYdSK.jpg (240x240, 16K)

It was Hosea that he loved like a father. He mentions this is an early journal entry

But Hosea was married.

Dutch too tho

It would make sense for him to ask questions. He's been with Dutch for decades and cares about him and the gang. If Dutch makes a questionable choice, then it's Arthur's job to take him aside, give him alternate options and all that.

>I tried, in the end....I did

Attached: 6wqc33h0d7g21.jpg (640x853, 126K)

John's barely literate. Have patience on the boy.

Coming up with alternatives wasn't Arthur's forte, and Dutch didn't listen to anyone

What?

Attached: 141d96f5.jpg (290x709, 19K)

Yeah, the whole cast is pretty fucking strong. He really comes into his own in the last chapter for obvious reasons but his whole 'This era is coming to an end and it fucking scares me' and 'I want to believe in something/be more cultured in general' was really engaging to me.

Post Arthurs and Johns

Attached: Arthur_01.png (916x717, 1.4M)

Attached: John_Drawing.png (824x896, 678K)

Dutch posting was some of the most fun I had on Yea Forums in a while

This game is crazy visually impressive

I can't wait until it's on PC. It's honestly the most realistic and highly detailed video game I've ever seen. The world is gorgeous with varying ecosystems and it has a gorgeous lighting system

Your writing is worse than Masrston’s.

The Dutch/Chrisposting crossover threads where top tier

Attached: Dutch_Mangos.jpg (712x888, 126K)

Aw fuck, here we go.

>That final drawing John does of Arthur's tombstone and how it's so much better than his other art showing how much time and care he put into it

I remember one thread when there were rumours of an Eldritch DLC and people were posting as if Dutch had found the Necronomicon as part of a new scheme. Was one of the funniest things I'd seen in a while.

PC version is going to look retarded. I have a 2060 but I can already hear it crying.

Attached: 1559830203098.webm (1920x1080, 2.8M)

>YugoSLAVia

>Still no way to remove the second holster.

Attached: Angry_Wick.jpg (420x410, 17K)

Man the way the volumetric lighting dynamically pours through the openings of the dynamic cloud coverage is fucking breathtaking. Thunderstorms in this game are pure kino as well.

ALRIGHT! Fine! ILL REPLAY IT

>slavs

Attached: christianserbwarriors.jpg (669x763, 80K)

What was the single most kino moment in the game?

Attached: 1566537386328.gif (478x251, 1.81M)

>I was looking forward to killing you

Yes. Anyone who says he wasn't is a switchnigger.

Attached: 1564662507657.png (1189x1200, 1.35M)

Why don't you wanna dual wield user? Dual wielding revolvers is a sign that you're a master gunslinger.

Who's the better gunslinger? John or Arthur?

>walking up to the house to get Jack back
>everything after American Venom kicks in
>Arthur's goodbye to John

All of these would be good answers. But without a doubt my favourite scene is Arthur's last conversation with Sister Calderon.

Braithwraites manor burning. That was the high point of the game and good demonstration of how ruthless and unforgiving the original Gang Members, not Micah abd Kieran can be when one of their own, a child no less is in danger.

Arthur. It's why Micah gets scared when Arthur was healthy saying "name any time" when he jokingly whips out his gun and does a cuck laugh.

Arthur. Not that John is bad. I would say those two and Micah are quite a bit better than the rest of the gang.

Because they defend the corrupt and oppressive government

HAVE SOME GODDAMN FAITH

This, fuck Robber Baron boot lickers.

His characterization is surface level. Still a likable character, just not complex.
>I follow Dutch's orders
>I now question Dutch's orders
>I had a past fling
>No, Marstan I'm dying so you go on ahead
>Hey these Native Americans aren't so bad

Brilliant writing.

The way you simplify it like that you could make ANY character surface level.

Dutch, the plan to steal Leon's sperm was a success thanks to you. I'll see to it you'll be paid in mangoes and you all get tickets to Tahiti in exchange for the briefcase.

Attached: 1550802287651.png (430x354, 172K)

>MAY I STAND UNSHAKEN

>I MISSED THE CRASH OF THE WORLD

He gave Dutch all he had.

t. Brainlet

Arthur killed hundreds upon hundreds of folk that were just trying to defend their town or protect their settlements and we're supposed to feel empathy for his stupid ass. He was a piece of shit.

It was a different time

Realistically gameplay does not reflect the story. At most the number of deaths in every town shootout is 10 maybe 12 with dozens of wounded.

FUK DA POLICE!

HOW DO I ACHIEVE THIS!?

If you read the newspapers it actually shows the number of deaths in the missions which are 20 at most, outside of that everything else is your choice

I miss him ;_;

I wanna replay this game but part of me wants to wait for the inevitable PC release. I got a 2080ti recently and can't imagine how it's gonna look.

I didn't like him as much as John Mostly because Arthur would bitch about having to do something or question what was going on but would almost always go ahead and do it anyway and it got old.

Attached: 1551990922309.jpg (1280x882, 208K)

>inevitable PC release

Attached: 1537652868191.png (376x376, 190K)

Working on growing the beard out more while keeping the mustache clean shaven. Trying for the Amish look.

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20190828104429.jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

Based retard

Honestly, for me it will always be the very first mission. When you are in that blizzard whole waiting for Dutch to talk with the people in the cabin, shit goes wrong and that music hits and the shooting starts, it showed me that I'd really fucking love the game

The part where dutch drowns bronte. The music and the voice acting is fucking amazing.

Recently replayed GTA IV, Niko is incoherent and hypocritical af as a character

yes

Attached: 20190816_184743.jpg (4032x1960, 3.54M)

Yes he was and he was a good person.
I will miss him and mourn him.

R.I.P Arthur Morgan

remember that one time their plan failed because someone was expecting them?

I don't remember this scene for some reason. What mission does it happen in?

>one time

thats a random event in camp

wow really?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

>running after and gunning down the guy trying to escape
Undiluted kino.

>Yeah, just me.

post >yfw

Attached: 20190821_131246.jpg (4032x1960, 2.89M)

Jim Milton Rides Again. Another one that most people seem to overlook was Arthur's charge into the Pinkerton building to save Sadie and Abigail.

What the F*CK was his problem?!?

Attached: aE2RN7p_700b.jpg (673x673, 50K)

>High-pitched "GAVIN" in the distance

Kino

Arthur>John after training with landon Ricketts=Jack>Micah>John before training with landon ricketts

bump on the head caused brain damage.

will my 2060 super be able to withstand this game?

Attached: 1536278882950.jpg (517x452, 28K)

NEVER EVER

Attached: 1521424591993.jpg (228x221, 11K)

The mission where you torch the Braithwaite field with Sean while escaping with the epic music and flames rising

The bonex is equivalent to a 1060 so you should be fine

>Horse I used from chapter 2, who I tamed myself died just before this mission.
>Couldn't even use reviver, he just died instantly.
>Went down in a single bullet from full health
>Get this scene with some random horse I stole from a dude as he rode past.

Attached: Arthur_Leave_Conversation.jpg (285x337, 29K)

Actually Arthur is a bad character for the same reason Niko is a bad character

>original horse from chapter one
>killed by pinkertons
>replacement horse i got that kicked a dude in the head
>downed then i get killed so no more horse
>finally get third horse
>get buel too
>too nice to subject buel to death by a million bullets
>leave him in camp the rest of the game

>Arthur's charge into the Pinkerton building to save Sadie and Abigail
Pure kino
youtube.com/watch?v=zgie9cIE_0Q

Keep your Arthur at a healthy +3% damage resistance for delicious beef

was good until the forced cancer sections

That just made it better

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181125182134.jpg (1765x1078, 106K)

No, he was a dickhead who followed a literal commie around committing crimes and being cucked after years of loyalty to the glorious revolution.

Tfw I quit playing once the gang moved up to the mountains on the NE aide of the map.

I dont wanna keep watching Arthur die

no, he was a great character

>louisiana

Fuck, I'd put up with that awful humidity if things were like they were in the good old days and dindus were in the fields being productive instead of running around playing knock out and running from free Dodge Charger rides.

>Long hair, clean shaven
Patrician taste

Official list of the best gunslingers:
1. Landon Ricketts
2. Red Harlow
3. Arthur Morgan
4. John Marston
5. Micah Bell

Nah they were great. I liked that it actually impacted gameplay

He was possibly the best character ever.

>mfw crawling through the caves near Elysian pool with just a lantern

Attached: 1560013826377.jpg (445x469, 35K)

>that part fo the game in the dark as fuck cavern with the leopard inside
legitimately scared me

I wish they had a physical printed version of the Journal.

Attached: 7659743562556757559.jpg (1920x1080, 568K)

Micah should be above John.

John is a better gunslinger by the end of rdr1

okay, John

Had Sadie and Dutch not been present at Mount Hagen, John would have been killed by Micah.

This. Retarded game and "character".

i liked arthur so much that it ruined the epilogue. wish the game had just ended on the mountain.

Best song in the game, dont @ me

youtu.be/qHer-rGfTco

>people actually like this self-pitying beta cuck that bends over backwards to serve every nigger and woman

Attached: 4eb3cc8feec92867785062049238a5324a5a96b696780629fd50067724a3dbd9.jpg (1000x667, 75K)

>You did your worst
>You tried your best
>Now it's time to rest..

Attached: sadpup.jpg (298x300, 28K)

Dutch did nothing wrong

What's the easiest/quickest way to grind honor? I did a bad guy run for my first playthough.I want to do a good guy run but I can't stop being a nigger

Attached: 1522516023781.jpg (540x540, 72K)

Lads.. I miss him. He is by far the most "real" feeling vidya character of all time

Attached: 1566596464284.jpg (851x1024, 71K)

Go around greeting people

Tell (((Strauss))) to fuck off

Are there any side-by-side images of Arthur at all his weight variations?

Catch and release fish and give a good HOWDY to your fellow partnas'

Attached: ww54a606leo21.jpg (700x684, 26K)

I will never understand what people see in this extremely bland character. He has so little personality that he’s basically just a self insert

Donate to beggars

t. never played the game

I have to agree, probably the best intro to any game I have ever played.

>no way to get Peccary or other desert animal skins as Arthur

fuck you New Austin robo sniper

Attached: 1537497291950.png (722x490, 547K)

Donate lots of money to the camp.

>Islam? Islam!? You mean the one with the funny towels and big beards? Well, I always thought they were murderin savages who lay with goats and cut the heads of anyone not seein things their way. But now that you mention, I guess I know some Christians not too much better than that, and I know a few more a lot worse I reckon. Reverend Swanson over there says this land is Christ's land, but I don't see a lot of God in these parts and I doubt the Reverend sees anything more than the bottom of a whisky bottle. If them Islam boys wanna come over here and try things there way, I see let em in. Maybe Allah can fix some of whats broke in this country.

He was a little too modern liberal for my taste.

Attached: 1563934726003.png (740x429, 529K)

No.

>Virgin arthur
Cant get over his oneitis. Is progressive, degenerate outlaw. Boohoo im sick im gonna die im scared. Wasted his live for dutch

>chad john
Is a family man. Works for the government. Hunts his old degenerate gang "nothing personal kid". Understands that this gang life was a lie. Forgets about arthur and doesnt mentions him in rdr1. Delivers that spic in cold blood. Doesnt cry like a bitch because "muh poor native americans"
Dies like a man starring down the one who betrayed him.

Bonus: edgar ross was much better than agent moron

Attached: 213132.jpg (185x272, 10K)

There's a 1.5x honor multiplier after chapter 4

This scene is great if you still have your first horse (or one you got very early in the game), but falls flat otherwise

The standard has been raised.

Sorry Marston.

Attached: 0_0.jpg (900x502, 349K)

>Works for the government
Slave to the government.

Should I replay this or red dead 1?

Pinkertons aren't even government you fag, glow in the darks weren't established until the 1930's.

>edgar ross was much better than agent moron
True but he isn't the main antagonist

I prefer John, but I love Arthur still.

just testing something nothing spoilerd

Cerere :(

Howdy

youtube.com/watch?v=tAYZFVbUAW0
Kieran didn't deserve his fate.

>Sadie will never tie you to a post and relentlessly bully you

Attached: 1459114535340.jpg (633x758, 68K)

It's just how the world works and it's the only way they can live free lives. You can't live your life as an ultramoralizer agonizing over every necessary action you have to take. It results in you losing all your freedom to human shields.

God I want this

Attached: 2019-01-04_11-39-49_AM-tvkksfpd.jpg (3840x2160, 717K)

Attached: 0.jpg (956x767, 84K)

>i unironically blahblahblah

Youre a fucking idiot.

>Have spent the past two hours doing nothing but fish and hunt and camp and deliver what I don't need to Strawberry

Why does this trigger a boomer comfiness that I can't describe?

It's easily the comfiest game I've ever played and I've played shitloads of WoW as a zoomer(my previous topcomfy game)

Is there an exploit that will allow me to explore Blackwater and New Austin as Arthur?

Not yet. But be prepared for Vampire Arthur in Undead Nightmare 2

I wish

There was one involving chapter 4 but I forgot what it was and it got patched anyway.

He was a good protagonist
Not as good a character desu sempai

>Arthur's charge into the Pinkerton building to save Sadie and Abigail.

i fapped repeatedly to sadie bound and gagged

There was but its been patched.
If you own the game on disk then you can uninstall it, disconnect the internet, and put the disk in and play the 1.00 version which will let you go to new austin again using the glitch.

John tries his best.

Attached: arthur vs john.jpg (1567x931, 215K)

John's terrible drawings are so damned charming. They're so terrible but I can't help but like them.

:3

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181110184216.jpg (1920x1080, 98K)

Attached: proudchamp.png (112x112, 21K)

Yes, he's easily Rockstar's best character, which impressed me a lot since I thought he'd be a generic ruff n' tuff stoic white male protagonist with the personality of a mangy mutt.

Attached: 155823415094999 snap.jpg (350x350, 35K)

>Be in a boat
>Catch big fish
>Throw it back
>Drown

Haha good game.

Wasn't Ross with the Bureau of Investigation and not the Pinkertons in RDR1? Pinkertons were private though

You're supposed to let go!

The fish was so big it fucked with the tiny little canoe and it made me slip. My punishment for playing as a barely literate dumb killer who can't swim

>Why, you're a good man. Just wish you'd done it before he worked his self into the grave.

Attached: 1325389782019.png (400x404, 118K)

have they changed character creation since launch in readdeadonline? can u still only make ugly people?

Are you a waifufag?

obv

>ywn have a fun party with the lads at the bar, dancing and singing
>ywn convince yourself and your friends the law is after you and run drunk through town, running into walls and fences

Attached: 20190821_131044.jpg (4032x1960, 3.39M)

?YNNEL

>chad john
>we all had her but he married her

WE ALL HAD HER

Attached: 4FORcKsz_400x400.jpg (400x400, 22K)

>If you antagonise Jack as Arthur you say shit like 'You look more like a Williamson or an Esquela to me'
The fact they gave you the option to outright bully an infant in this game is so fucking funny to me

The law is actually after you. If you get caught then you wake up in a cell with Lenny instead of in the middle of nowhere

>A black feller doin yer wife? Well I ain't see a problem with that. Us white men treated them black fellers pretty bad, and I reckon its the least we can do to repay them reparations is let them pleasure our wifes, heck I hear dem fellers are more well endowed anyways. And i reckon if a black fella were to knock up mary, i'd raise the son as my own, as my fathers, dutch and hosea raised me. Anyways, I think Sadie just got back from huntin, i reckon i best go and make her a sandwich befo she yells at me again.

That was a bit much for my taste, I know Dutch gang was proto-neoliberal, but they made him too modern.

Attached: 1513290042669.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

i know that, i just meant it as more of drunk shenanigans instead of anything else

Attached: 20190821_132212.jpg (4032x1960, 2.65M)

Williamson's actually gay since he was dishonorably discharged from the army for "deviancy" and Esquela's obviously a different ethnicity so it's doubly cruel.

Wow, I never caught on to Bill being gay but after looking it up a bit it does seem there's a bit of evidence for it. Still wouldn't put it passed him rutting with Abigail just for the sake of it

Damn...
Mary-Beth Gaskill looks like THAT?

Attached: file.png (1242x2208, 1.39M)

I'm sure nobody will be mean to this humble user for his error

It was just a tease. But Mary-Beth Gaskill really does look like THAT

Attached: test.jpg (1242x2208, 509K)

I kept him at peak weight even after he got sick by just eating hunted meat. Made him seem less sick and ruined the impact of the ending.

>liked by bigbendavis
what did Dutch mean by this

Attached: file.png (891x402, 108K)

Jesus christ learn to fucking talk you thick skulled wojak posting spastic.

Honour system is dumb because they clearly want you to play Arthur as the good guy. People hated GTAV for multiple characters but I think playing as Micah at points would have added to the game.

I still can't get over how good the ost was, some of the tracks are just insane

youtube.com/watch?v=gBPB1g9Znfw

Oh, wow

After I finished the game I started another playthrough where I got to the point where you get the fishing pole. Now I have my tent up in the mountains, I just fish and cook and sometimes hunt and relax.

Can anyone with an instagram account see what the rest of this post says? Fucking button doesnt work for me. Think I need an account
instagram.com/p/B1sHi9LJ3eq/

Attached: file.png (1005x635, 534K)

Attached: John_Drawing2.png (370x426, 114K)

plus he uses hair pomade, but we don't talk about that

Replaying A short Walk in a Pretty Town made me realize how good of a gunslinger Micah is. As soon as Sean gets killed, he's already dispatched several of the Grays in a matter of seconds.

>I HAVE A PLAN ARTHUR. WE GET MARY BETH TO POSE FOR THESE PHOTOS AND WE SELL THEM TO HORNY LONELY MEN. WE'LL BE IN TAHITI IN NO TIME ARTHUR

Genius

Attached: 1544147328574.jpg (1710x900, 82K)

He goes on to thank the game's director and the other voice actors and then the fans.

>Play as Trevor but even more nihilistic and edgy

Yeah nah I'd rather just punch him in the face again.

So, I've been sick from tuberculosis for quite a while now, I've been doing all the strangers missions that I can before I inevitably die, but I have seen any of those nun missions that are apparently quite important for the Arthur's character. Did I miss something?

I hope you didn't wait to do them later, because if you miss them they're gone forever.

They're around Saint Denis. The first is saving some slaves and given to you by a monk, not a nun I really hope you haven't missed them since the Sister Calderon scene is absolutely the most moving scene in the game

did you not help the priest in St. Denis earlier?

Attached: insist.gif (245x245, 2.64M)

>thigh cleavage
I never knew I needed this.

You're entering a whole new world buddy

Tell me some more.

Look up some thigh job stuff. There's an outercourse thread going on /gif/ last time I checked

It's a Chapter 4 stranger mission that starts that chain. Go walk around St. Denis if you're in Chapter 4. I don't remember in what chapter arthur finds out about his sickness.

The last one, he's missed it

Nope, I didnt chill around St Denis at all, aside for main missions
Damn, did I fucking miss it? What if I go back now and search around?

Maybe, it's worth a shot. Go there anyway there's fucking loads of content

I went back for the money and got fucking stabbed to death.

Good

I got to Chapter 3 in my new save. Gang's all here and alive and Arthur doesn't have TB effects just yet.

>how much do you charge to kill someone?
holy shit. Niko BTFO.

The COMFIEST game of all time.

Attached: 5bacd7aa25469903078b456c-750-563.png (750x563, 494K)

It was more impactful since I had Arthur at a healthy weight again.

This desu

>Made arthur fat
>Lemoyne raiders keep calling me piggy

Attached: CryingCat.jpg (800x450, 50K)

Do they really? It's impossible to gain weight I swear. I'm perpetually underweight even before the TB

>kills a million police officers
>robs a ton of innocent people
>game tries to convince us that he deserves redemption for virtually no reason

How do i cure unwellness?

The game never tries convincing you he deserves Redemption and Arthur states several times he doesn't deserve redemption. You're a moron and your opinions suck

How much fucking food do I need to eat to make Arthur not underweight?

It's really bad with Jim Milton. You're perpetually skinny with him thanks to a bug.

Actually all you need to do is reset the game and his weight goes back to normal

All of the high honor missions suck Arthur off and try to show what a "reformed" person he is. Either way he just comes across as a retard for following Dutch's delusional ass for so long. I preferred it in RDR1 when we didn't know how retarded things got for their gang.

The secret is to become an alcoholic, every time you black out from drinking to much you gain weight.
Also you can't rely on cans of beans, cook the animals you kill and eat them and order a couple meals every time you go the the saloon.
You also need to sleep or fast travel to update your stats.

Arthur questions everything, but still always does what Dutch tells him despite all reservations. Because Arthur sees himself as dumb thug and doesn't trust his own judgement, even though he's clearly intelligent. He just defers to others for most of the game because Dutch always made it clear that Arthur was only supposed to be the muscle.

Sorry, but there was way more senseless killings and street stabbings in New Orleans at it's peak, except it was also italian immigrants running around robbing people and killing police officers

Who is the best enemy gang and why is it the Lemoyne Raiders?

I liked the crazy rednecks from the mountains
plus they're cannibal
spooky cowboys are fun

I lost my shit when the first Skinner brother tackled me out of nowhere and I saw them in the trees.

did they ever release the RDO role update? IT was supposed to bring movement and control updates IIRC.

>tfw finding those butchered bodies statues

Attached: 1543367480026.jpg (564x595, 71K)

Anti white cuck

>Come across a camp of of two of them with a captive
>One of them is saying five dollar words to justify his criminal lifestyle while the other just wants to fucking murder the captive

They're like a eviler version of Dutch's gang.

is the 1060 any good
got one in my pc and kinda new to the whole pc shtick
had people telling me it was good and others saying it was dogshit

The 1060 6GB is good the 3GB version is dogshit however

Is this game worth 40 smackeroos?

phew i have the 6gb version

Man, I'm actually so hyped about GTA 6 if it's even 20% similar to RDR2, at least writing-wise

Did anyone figure out what the deal with the pentagram was?

Can i get a little clue for the first message of the serial killer?
just give a vague direction of where to go, there's no need to spoil the mission

you can have 2 dads user.

If you can appreciate comfiness, a great open world and great writing, yes. If you are turned off by archaic mission structure then no. As much as I love the story, most of the missions are "ride to place. shoot people. ride back." And people wonder why everyone creams their pants at the mission where you get drunk with YNNEL and the epilogue one where you build a house.

>If you are turned off by archaic mission structure then no.
literally what

he ain't wrong tho. He'd find out they are just as backwards and inbred though until they gave you a token good guy for the camp.

I love him. I just wish things had turned out better for him.

RIP pretty boah.

You have to find the bodies on the map, you can spot them easily thanks to a black x on the minimap

Cried like a baby. I loved that horse.

>I just heard that Adler woman wants to cut your dick off and feed it to her horse. I told her it wouldn’t be much of a meal

Poor Kiernan.

Attached: 1547859668092.jpg (348x383, 55K)

>tfw i lost Buell 5 minutes after getting him thanks to a pack of wolves

The Rockstar Fanboy Checklist:
>zoomer
>go back to Fortnite
>you have ADD/ADHD
>short attention span
>impatient
>I never had a problem/it's on you
>graphics>gameplay
>Rockstar sold x amount of copies
>the horses are better than RDR1
>the controls are better than RDR1
>claims Never Without One is a crutch, but doesn't want ability cards removed
>online review scores
>hypocritically calls God of War a movie game
>thinks RDR2 is an Xbox exclusive
>nobody complains about x
>it's only the beta (past catchphrase)
>lol cope
>seething
>nitpicking
>angry PC gamer
>nintendie
>Reddit Spacing
>muh realism
>muh immersion
>it's a single player game
>nobody cares about the online
>it's not a twitch shooter
>input delay is a good thing
>name a better game
>what games do you play
>10/10
>masterpiece
>regurgitated Dutch memes
And their personal favorite:
>you didn't play the game
If you think you're arguing with a fanboy, simply resort to this checklist, call him a fanboy, then ignore him. Watch him cower and recoil as he's been found out.

You're on the list lul

I was riding and breaking in the horse from that one old NPC huntsman with the missions. My own was comfy in a stable. I loved that motherfucker because I went out and specifically hunted and got his ass in like the first two hours of the game. If I lost my Lily Belle I'dve cried bitch tears.

Unironically the prologue building song. I felt the game just started when i rode into the old map and met some mexicans. Sad we won't see a mexican spagetthi western dlc

My boi Secretariat got shot to dead by the Saint Denis police after a robbery went wrong.
it really fucked me up, I tamed that pureblood myself and he went from being really stubborn to being smooth like silk
I still miss him

Was she raped?

Attached: sadie.png (356x358, 248K)

Outside of the final mission, I never had a horse die. How do you people suck so bad?

>*whistles for horse*
>autoruns on road to quest marker
>*shia vision activates*
>"aww shit, wuhta we go' 'ere? O'Driscoll's™, uh reckun"
>"come on, boah"
>*follows GPS navigation*
>fella in O'Driscoll™ costumes appear
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FOOKIN' CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FOCKIN' ONE A FACKIN' DUTCH'S BOYS IT IS! GET "EM"
>"Goddammit!" *autoaim headshot half a dozen guys, does a cinematic killcam and blows head off"
>"what in the Sam Hill? Indians™ pretending to be 'Driscoll™ boys... looks like they're from Cleveland... better tell Dutch about this"
>"you're alright, BOOOAAAAHHH"
>*cinematic on road back to camp*
>"ARTHUR MY BOY, THINGS ARE FINALLY LOOKIN' UP, YES SIR WE ARE BACK TO LIVIN' NOW!"
>"yeaaaaahh found some Native Americans, rightful owners of the promised land we now inhabit, and tragic victims of the cisgendered cauciasian male, posin' as O'Driscolls™, here's proof *shows scalped head*"
>"WELL DONE MY BOY, WELL DONE INDEED!"
>"Drowning in Kentucky Bourbon" Complete
>Bronze Medal received

Attached: C66D9F6F-C53C-457A-8033-87F13F843EA3.jpg (347x403, 21K)

So stupid that we won't get anymore story DLC, nobody fucking cares about online.

Attached: 1532381131296.png (540x541, 317K)

>Locked in a small cabin with six/seven horny criminals for 3/4 days
Without a doubt

>Singleplayer game
>Word filter for horse names

>$350,000,000,000,000 production and marketing budget
>Game controls like hot garbage with 5s response times and the shittiest control schemes since Star Fox Zero

Fuck off with yer moviesgames

Rockstar is pretty secretive about this. We might get something like those GTA IV DLCs. They have the map, models and just need to write another story. Imagine being a Pinkerton, or maybe an O'driscoll.

Even though red dead online is ass it still prints money. Doubt rockstar cares about making story dlc when online just prints money.

BASED

A DLC was refused classification in australia recently, so we'll probably learn about it in the next few months.
It's name suggests it's in the caribbean islands again though.

Felt so proud of myself when I outran them the second time. The mission variety in this game is great

I get it, you like Dutch, he's a charming poster. He makes sense. He's like one of those oldfags from old-Yea Forums. Only he takes things a tiny step too far. Rather than just loving the anons and the posts they make the harmony between boards...he derails threads for (yous).

Now I'm not a great intellect but, the metaphysical leap from admiring the a meme to calling a man a çuck because he doesn't LIKE the meme, is a leap too far.

Attached: ross.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

There's tons of mission variety though, the Lenny example is just one of the first

Except unlike w3 this game is fun to play and the horse controls aren't complete ass

Before this scene, the horse I had been riding on the whole game got stolen from me. I wasn't too upset, it was a shitty starting horse, so I went and bought the most expensive horse I could find, it had great stats. Then a mission later and this shit happens. He thanks a horse that he's only known for 2 hours and I'm out 3 grand.

Attached: 1541702863523.png (247x294, 119K)

Bro just get the arabian

>fun to play
the game's technical issues fuck it over far too frequently for it to be any sort of fun
in theory, sure, but in practice Rockstar fucked it up just as hard as CDPR.
Horse controls were genuinely decent, but fuck mashing X on rhythm to reserve stamina, my horse is literally Shadowfax just let me hold X or change every key binding to my own will.
I hate cunt game developers who evidently don't even playtest their own Frankenstein's monster, because fuck is this game a pain and a half to play.
I mean your only option for gunplay is to attempt free aim with the shitty response times, or let the game snap aim for you?
Fuck off, this garbage is a fucking walking simulator.

I mean, you lose all of arthurs money anyway so it's not like it mattered.

I had a giggle when the game unveiled Arthur's hunter vision. It made me remember this pasta.

>In the end, Micah... despite my best efforts to the contrary... It turns out I’ve won.”

Attached: 7EEF617D-1363-4C17-A7A9-995F4767F022.jpg (315x315, 19K)

You weren't upset you got the horse that's been loyally riding by your side throughout the entire game stolen?

Attached: 1540144067752.jpg (641x530, 51K)

how the fuck do you get your horse stolen?
nigga you're like the fastest gunsliger in the west like wtf

Yeah, but it's still trying to be an impactful scene and I had no attachment to the horse whatsoever.
It's a video game.

Never leave your game unpaused.

I just want Undead Nightmare 2.

>Vampires in St. Dennis
>Werewolves in the mountains
>Ghosts near that Civil War battlefield
>AYYYYs

We live in the worst timeline so that's obviously not going to happen

Depends on how you played him. Low Honor until the diagnosis, then an attempt at getting high honor is the best version of Arthur in my opinion. Similar to Niko actually, kill the dude who betrayed him and then go for the Revenge ending is my personal headcannon version of GTA IV

It's the best ending because Roman lives.

I really like how Niko story is tragic in every way you choose to play it
Mine spared the guy in an attempt to let go of the revenge feelings (the monologue he gives while driving back is top kino) and did the deal with Dimitri because revenge is a fool's game
just to see his cousin get shot
tragic endings are cooler

>finish the quest line with the old guy by the lake right before this part
>”oh I’m gonna take care of this horse don’t worry old man”
>horse dies not 30 min later
I’m sorry old man

This would be so good.

Do you think Hamish died feeling that Arthur would live his life hunting and fishing, just like he did, making Buell happy because that's the way he was used to live?

You don't have to like the mashing, but it's not a flaw of the game that slipped through playtesting

And the auto aim is more complex than that and is more due to the fact that it's a console shooter

Yeah except unlike w3 you aren't forced to use it to trigger canned quest objectives so it's actually dope

This. Ruined the entire game for me. Don’t want to play as a dying weakling and I sped thru the second half thinking he was gonna get cured somehow. Bullshit

>thinking he was gonna get cured somehow
user TB was a death sentence in those years
it only made the story more kino

>lol wtf the game gets harder as you play it?

This is peak comfy. I’ll ride out into the wilderness for a few weeks then come back and chill with the gang

Yes, one of the best protags I've ever played in a long while.

as dumb as it sounds i'd love a red dead set in the first world war, fucking riding into battle on horseback with rdr mechanics sounds fun as fuck

Attached: armyboah.jpg (1647x923, 697K)

I love Red Dead Redemption 2!

Attached: 1554048646228.jpg (1398x744, 66K)

>Can hold to run on foot
>Can't on horse because of some virtually worthless hidden mechanic
Sounds like a flaw to me.
Same shit occurred in BotW with Flurry Rush. Like yeah, I want a slow-motion QTE prompt happening in every single combat encounter, or I could play an Action game with some flow and rhythm.
If these dumbass developers are going to include largely pointless mechanics that affect the core gameplay and controls, they should be giving the player free reign to disable them and rebind everything.
Until they do, I'll keep calling them faggots for limiting player freedom and designing games that control/play like shit.
Are you blaming me for RDR2 being console exclusive?
I know the aim is a piece of shit because it's on console, I'm not that dense. Still, TPS like Uncharted were able to make it work without feeling 100% like the game was playing for you. Even R6 Siege is mildly functional on consoles.
With RDR2, not only do you have a vast array of auto-aim options that never seem to strike a balance, let alone on the default aimbot settings, but the game's technical deficiencies make free aim a nightmare.

Bad game designers are bad game designers. There isn't an excuse out there to cover for this incompetence and ineptitude.
I'm not trying to be a PC mustard race, having played the aforementioned R6S on a damn OG PS4 for five months and been content, but releasing this game on PC could legitimately allow the playerbase to fix the fucking thing, since R* was evidently too busy spending $500,000,000USD on everything BUT the actual gameplay.
How can anyone support such an asshole company that devalues the video game aspect of a video game?
Fuck 'em, I hope a disgruntled employee sets their souls on fire. Film industry rejects, the lot of them.

I had a bit of a different thought process. I got revenge on the guy precisely because I too wanted for Niko to get over his feelings. And I thought to myself, after Niko chased this guy for so long, the only way he might put it all behind him was if he kills him. I just felt that if I let him go, Niko was going to spend the rest of his life wishing he had killed him. Easier, cleaner even, to just put an end to the guy. As for Dimitri, I saw it as an out for Niko. A way to settle old business once and for all and move on from crime, from violence and death. This is something Niko himself wanted to do, before the drive by. And Kate's death, even though less tragic for the player than Roman's death, was still a slap to the face for Niko. It showed him that he can't just walk away as easily as he had hoped. Kate is the only girl Niko can't bang, but she still regularly flirts with him, showing to us that Kate has feelings for him, but that she also has standards and that she's more of a girlfriend/wife material than hump and dump material. She is almost a metaphor for a normal life. And so her death symbolizes that Niko is far, far away from having a normal relationship and a normal life. So yeah, I think that the Revenge ending is quite tragic on its own.

based retard with the false equivalency

It was awful desu, really loved Arthur and was hard to play with him fading away like that, not enjoyable at all for me

>Set up camp in overlooking Owanjila.
>Spend my time fishing.
>Big fishes, little fishes, all the fishes
>When I take a break, I go out hunting.
>Sell the catches at Strawberry, head down to Valentine when I want to get shitfaced. Yeah I run into O'Driscolls every now and then but it's not bad.
>Help out fellow hunters and do odd jobs for the logging company near Strawberry.
>Head back to gang's camp after a long while and everything is in the red

I have half a mind to let them starve.

>Final boss is a fucking fleet of Mark V Tanks

Sounds real comfy friend, enjoy.

>Jack and his gang hold off a German advance
>They're all retreating
>Jack is behind the doors of some barn, ready to open them to hold the huns off to help his squad finally retreat
>He opens to two captured tanks
>Gets turned into paint.

Dutch is easily above the rest. Also Red Harlow doesn't fucking exist.

how come rdr2 threads are so civil and comfy?

Tapping on foot makes you run faster, your argument is retarded

>I know the aim is a piece of shit because it's on console, I'm not that dense. Still, TPS like Uncharted were able to make it work without feeling 100% like the game was playing for you. Even R6 Siege is mildly functional on consoles.
>With RDR2, not only do you have a vast array of auto-aim options that never seem to strike a balance, let alone on the default aimbot settings, but the game's technical deficiencies make free aim a nightmare.
lol mad cuz bad

Because the game is the manifestation of every boomer's comfy dream.

It's the actual equivalency dude. If you feel emasculated for playing a cancer patient that's on you

Is there such a thing as a spiritual boomer

lost my shit reading this for the first time. Good times

There is. Cook yourself some venison, pour yourself some coffee and watch the sun rise from your comfy little camp. It's what the game was made for.

Too bad it doesn't fit for this game

holy shit I have been playing games the wrong way my entire life
I just had a sudden realization of all the comfy shit I could do

>have to craft a bullet at a time
okay, RDR2 is in my top 3 games of all time, but they went too far there.

Rockstar, Please.
Those mud mechanics would work perfectly for a map in WW1.

Attached: 1566006831893.jpg (1200x1200, 440K)

That's why you hold the button down, hurp

yeah im gonna hold the button for 5 minutes straight staring at the screen
how about you fuck off chump

you think we'll ever get a DLC tat actually lets us play the failed blackwater heist? It was teased soi much on both games and It was disappointing we never actually play it

or any news about another undead nightmare?

Attached: iLJ_5Kd9_400x400.jpg (400x400, 25K)

The absolute best part of it is once you get to the camp in the mountains, when the entire fucking soundtrack instruments used so far converge on the franchise's distinctive melody in a fanfare, with some post-rock elements, it's majestic.
When they enter the Braithwaite mansion was also a really high point in the game.
Also
>I'm afraid

It only takes a few seconds to max it out though

not really. I remember crafting 300 bullets took forever.
I had some hope that we'd get some announcement this summer for a Q4 release but nothing happened. I'm losing faith.

HAVE SOME GOD DAMN FAITH. DESU I never had any.

You can make the game harder without giving the main character cancer you fucking retard. Go back to r&ddit with this low iq shit

>Have you SEEN the way Dutch looks at Mary-Beth? Like a dog with a piece of meat!

Yes but there's nothing wrong with giving him cancer.

welcome fren

I kinda like that we never saw the blackwater heist, even though is arguably the most important point in Dutch's life

>>Bronze Medal received
god damn

So, Landon Ricketts was there or not?

I actually don't want to play the mythical blackwater heist

>game about being a badass outlaw
>mc is forced into being a sickly hacking weakling for half the experience before killing him off
>nothing wrong

I hope we eventually get to play the heist from Ricketts' point of view

>for half the experience
It's literally one fucking chapter

RDR3 will follow the Callendar brothers Mac and Davy

How would this game work, considering that these games focus on travelling, exploration and meeting NPCs? You can't really do that in a war-torn continent. So would the first 3/4ths take place in the US?

lol cry harder bitch boi

he starts getting sick like halfway thru the game, fuck are you talking about

Attached: C5920D75-0E8D-4C75-8800-15BEE38A2EBD.jpg (512x512, 19K)

>tfw no Mary Beth gf
she was too nice for the gang

Stop living vicariously through video game characters and have sex

She was beautiful and a sweetheart. You could tell she wanted to get pumped by Arthur

>tfw still holding out hope but you know its futile

Attached: manhunt.jpg (460x215, 26K)

>defending rockstar’s faggotry
never change Yea Forumsirgin aren’t you due back on RDO soon to do fuck-all and pay actual money for it? topkek

WHATEVA U SAY HABIAR

I danced with her for like a half hour because i was expecting the song to end
not that i'm complaining tho

Bringing up RDO won't change the fact that RDR2 is one of the most accomplished SP games of all times

Attached: R14kkDj.png (200x200, 22K)

Also one of the underrated kino parts of the game

And bringing up the fact that RDR2 is one of the most accomplished SP games of all times won’t change the fact that giving Arthur TB was a poor decision that clashed with the promise of the game’s premise

I was pretty disappointed when I found out her voice actress was a regular Internet whore

How was it a poor decision?

I don't want to play as a man who knows his time on this earth is short and is contemplative over his rough violent life and his actions. I want STICK EM UP PARDNER YEE HAW pow pow pew pew.

this but unironically

Just because you don't want it doesn't make it a bad idea, sounds like your taste is kind of shit

>play
you mean sit and watch shit happen for 6 seconds after you press a button? fucking moviegoer faggot

maybe if you lined up Arthur better he wouldn't be forced into those long animations, brainlet

honestly that is exactly what i wanted, playing with a dying man was gay and forced

I was joking, hence why the second half of my post was as adolescent as possible. I wasn't the dude who said "giving Arthur TB was a poor decision" because that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read in the past few months.

Attached: 1550770953703.png (1000x1000, 623K)

He's only dying in the last few missions of the game.

>THE ACTUALLY GIVE HIM TB THAT IS SO DEEP AND REFLECTIVE HOLY SHIT BASED R*

Attached: DC793E85-ABB1-4269-8AB2-3E2CFA613B4D.png (644x800, 15K)

This but postironically.

He is sick like the entire game kek

>>THE ACTUALLY GIVE HIM TB THAT IS SO DEEP AND REFLECTIVE HOLY SHIT BASED R*

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)

Arthur was written as a mirror for rockstar's troubles with take-two. Dan Houser can see the writing on the wall. It was his goodbye character and game.

Hold onto this post for a couple years.

No he isn't dummy. Arthur only started showing symptoms after Guarma.

elaborate

You have to understand the context of the time. Families migrated from east to west and set up homesteads and settlements with little to no government aid or protection and had to fend for themselves against rustlers, injuns and gangsters. Then when the settlements and homesteads became towns and cities the government started to take notice and began telling these folks "lol thanks for doing all the work that's mine now". Naturally this caused resentment among groups who's families had to fight tooth and nail to survive for generations. Tbh I dont really know who is right or wrong about it all but because of this there were groups like dutchess gang that existed all over the west and felt that fighting the government was the same as any other fight their families had to put up with, but it really wasn't alot better well funded armed and determined which is why they all lost.

>Dutch's VA is a big guy
>Charles's VA is the wrong kind of Indian.

Those were the two that blew my mind.

Charging with the gang to save indians

Some people say that the end chapter of Arthur's story was terrible compared to the early part but I will never hate it because of the final mission and because of that kino cavalry charge. That and Rain Fall's utter despair that he lost another son to war.

No one is meant to feel empathy because we aren't outlaws ourself you retard. We're meant to feel sympathy towards a dying man who is trying his hardest to atone for the wrong he has done

The mission may have been gimmicky but I love the balloon mission. Going so high and seeing the entire map.

>I guess I... I'm afraid...

Arthur's face when he said that felt like I was looking at a real person. Easily the most emotion I've seen a video game characters face display. Arthur's voice actor also did a god tier job.

The monk and the nun missions were the best side quests in the game hands down.

I disagree
i think the widow missions were better

this trip.... was truly fun.... wasn't it?
youtube.com/watch?v=oG7jKUHsLfY

Attached: Van_der_Linde_gang_-_Redemption_2_-_Picture.jpg (1200x675, 154K)

Attached: MAY I.png (1919x1079, 1.2M)

The OG Undead Nightmare was announced in early august so they may just be waiting

>Not the vet.

You need to eat hearty meals and drink a lot. Stuff like the camp stew or the meals you can order at saloons.

basically play the game like a cowboy outlaw life simulator for optimal experience

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20190505112727.jpg (3840x2160, 1006K)

this

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20190507192600.jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

I camped out in the woods behind the fur trader, and when I was sitting down in front of the campfire, two Skinners snuck out of the darkness and held a knife to Arthur’s throat. Told him to never come back to their land or they would bleed him. My favorite random moment in the game due to it being unexpected.

The soundtrack of that mission was SO FUCKING GOOD
the stealth version of that theme was cool too, the one that plays when you gotta sneak into the place with Eagle Fly

I know this post is ancient but it's John. At least in rdr 2. When you use deadeye as Arthur your aim waivers slightly. Where as with John it will be dead on target.

You're thinking of the Murphees. Skinner's only show up when you're John.

Yes

There's a couple more of those kinds of encounters. I had a crazy woman stop by my camp telling me about the demons descending on her village.

That’s right my b

holy shit i remember that mission when you gotta take them out of their caves
shit was really fucked up man
like The Hill Have Eyes style

fucking kino

>i always was a good thief
>*music starts
>that you was, now go on
>*Puts on hat
>yarhh

youtu.be/YdW5-uJqCVY

undoubtley, have you seen her ass. It's why i'm able to put up with her, because she must've been raped by her husband's killer for hours.

i want an alternate version of rdr2 where everything goes alright, the gang is still together, Dutch and his plans actually work and as they are getting ready top go to Tahiti the Apocalypse happens.
And dutch is just staring at a boat with zombies on it and it's sinking, mangoes in the water, and he utters
>p-plan..

even if micah being alive is the cost, i wish we could go back

>You let him damn us all *chuckles
>cmon dutch let's go
>*dutch realizing everything and walking away in shock and shame
>*this song starts playing youtu.be/YdW5-uJqCVY
>I NEVER....DUTCH!!!
>*arthur crawling away
>well arthur, i must say, it's been a lot of fun

low honor and go for the money and high honor go with john are the two best endings

It's alright. Both like to rush you with melee attacks and shit.

Who the hell is that?

Attached: vdlgang1567053149663.jpg 1200×675.png (1600x740, 1.12M)

>Want to keep John safe
>Also want to fuck with Micah and take his eye out

What do I do

the nigger that died (lenny)

lenny

YNNEL

let it go my son, your love for your brother should prioritize over your hatred for rats

But I want Micah to spend 8 years of having to look with only one eye.

>want to fuck with Micah and take his eye out
It's not worth watching him drive a knife into Arthur. Help John, get into a fist fight with Micah, then deny him the killing blow.

lmao, he looks way darker than Charles in that spot.

Attached: red-dead-redemption-2-arthur-morgan-is-the-wokest-outlaw.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

Well, Charles has some redskin in him so it makes sense that a pure black boi is darker than him

So in a lawn chair in Mexico?

When was this picture taken?

>no option to cough on micah or him getting tb in the high honor fist fight
cmon rockstar

this was before rickets leaves america, he was there during the shootout

Between that mission and the Skinner brothers banzai charging you and having snipers in the trees, it felt like playing a WW2 game set in the Pacific but with shittier guns.

>can’t free roam the map with my inner circle crew (John, Charles, Sean, Lenny), fishing, hunting, and hanging out in saloons together
dropped until PC mods make this happen
FUCK YOU to rockstar for cucking that feature just to force us into RDO, companion glitches make it exceedingly clear this was originally a part of the game and then cut later

Some time after Sadie got in but before Sean got his brains blown out.

Go to bed micah

>Ride around near the border between New Hanover and West Elizabeth
>Some motherfucker comes up to me
>Holy shit it's Bill
>Tells me Javier's been captured and we need to save him
That was odd but welcome.

Yep. This will be an awesome mod. The glitches where you get Charles and Javier to follow you around everywhere are kino as hell

I felt similar that Buell was special

Fishing with Hosea and Dutch was top comfy
i really liked those segments when there was no shooting at all
just hanging out with your buddies

>this was originally a part of the game and then cut later
Absolutely. I was fighting an O'Driscoll in Valentine when Uncle showed up after getting kicked out of one of the saloons. He kicked him until he was unconscious.

Some sorry faggot is way too mad that his character is mortal to appreciate just how remarkable it is to see a man hold his head so high in the face of the inevitable.

Attached: xyfst5gly4y11.jpg (1000x600, 150K)

The train robbery mission is supposed to instil doubt in Dutch I feel.

Everything else you do in the prologue is survival related, then you end up hitting a train.

That's why I liked Marston's section of the game so much. You were chilling, doing these easy, non-consequential missions, and I expected the skinner brothers to show up out of nowhere and scalp Charles. It was calm but had the same tension as during the ranch missions in RDR1 right before Marston is killed.

Yeah. I think we are gonna get some incredible mods in that style. Like big hunting trips with three or four gang members and you all camp out in the mountains and it could be the same kino campfire vibes as the regular camps with random stories and singing and drinking and stuff. Or going to the saloon and playing poker with your gang.
They can also mod in a fuckton more rival gang encounters which would be awesome while roaming around with your posse

Damn that sounds fun

red dead online's obviously very lacking in content (seriously when the fuck are we getting that update rockstar) but i often find myself fishing for really long periods of time. there's just something about it. it doesnt earn you as much dosh as showdowns, but it's far less stressful

Attached: 1546189945221.png (362x362, 40K)

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181118161348.jpg (1920x679, 146K)

no game nails distant terrain like RDR2. maybe horizon zero dawn.

Finished the story 2 days ago and was blown away by how good it was. Then I try RDO and I was shocked at how shitty it is. It's worse than a free to play MMORPG. I've actually been feeling depressed for the past couple days. I was looking forward to playing RDO until Astral Chain or something else came out.

He was not trying at all. In cutscenes he laments about ruining this one fucking family. Yet during missions he still murders hundreds of people just doing their job.

Archive link?

Attached: 98187688.jpg (640x352, 39K)

I mean that makes sense because those are all easter eggs and it's what everyone is asking for the most by far
pushing it as an online DLC would be really cool, playing through solo or with a posse of friends in cryptid infested gameworld would be 10/10

WHY THE FUCK IS JOHN WEARING AN ARTHUR WIG?

Attached: 5853627831.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

1. RDR1 Dutch (he bulleyes John's forehead through binoculars from the bottom of a hill with a pistol)
2. RDR1 John
3. Arthur
4. Micah
5. RDR2 John (pre-epilogue)
6. Uncle
7. RDR2 Jack
11. Bill Williamson

Exploring beforehand and finding the Miner's Hat almost completely trivializes this.

>well missy we only rob and kill people who deserved, means the other bad guys
>proceeds to wipe out the innocent population of an entire village

Bravo rockstar
Well written character my ass

this

arthur is better than Dutch, there is a dialogue where Dutch says at least

People live to be entitled contrarians but he was one of the best characters I've seen written in a game.

i had a lot of fun with rdr 2 but part of me feels like it would have worked better if they used a separate gang. i still find it stupid that someone like micah is able to manipulate someone like dutch

I cannot imagine being so pathetic as to have a copypasta saved for a year old game that I didnt like

you could argue that dutch knew and din't care, he was just okay becoming more and more of who he really was. He was never going to leave the country, to him he is fighting a war.

i'm the voice of micah

sorry you got bullied so much for being the villains voice, you did a good job

Prologue is WW1
The rest of the game is a 1920's gangster game

Reminder that Sony always wins baby!

Attached: A9E8F123-9A65-48FA-8D8C-588A53A6B48C.jpg (868x488, 100K)

he was GERMAN, he's the one using parentheses!

Strauss is a honorary longnose

Attached: mountain man.jpg (1920x1072, 400K)

Who /online/ here?

Attached: Claude-GTA3.png (353x598, 275K)

I'll bet the Blackwater heist will be Online multiplayer only DLC.

Attached: NO_tuber.gif (245x263, 2.75M)

jack marston in ww1 and post would be a kino end to the franchise...so long as we get him a new voice actor and face
jack can change his name and work as a dirty cop and gangsters or something while still maintaining a western tone and style

>NO MATTER
>WHAT'S THE WEATHER
>WE'RE TOGETHER
>[harmonica intensifies]

Attached: homer_comfy.jpg (320x320, 16K)

Yes. Not as good as John, but one of the best Rockstar characters

>i still find it stupid that someone like micah is able to manipulate someone like dutch
That's not stupid at all

why do you even play Rockstar games if you don't expect to kill cops

Do you kill cops in L.A. Noire?

People parrot that eceleb and complain that the missions are too linear unlike earlier rockstar titles, but I've been replaying gta3-sa and they're really not. The open missions are an exception more than anything. In vice city for example it's linear as fuck, the game just doesn't tell you it is. There's this mission where at a certain point the game asks you to grab some wheels and chase a guy on a van, but if you grab any vehicle that isn't the motorbike next to you the devs planted, you get a mission failed.

Rockstar games have always been linear as fuck, they just became more honest about it from gta4 onwards.

>barely a rockstar game

wait so was arthur related to john?

Only exception to that would be shit like Strawberry or Cornwall Oil or Braithwaite Manor, maybe the Valentine shootout with Strauss or when the O'Driscolls attack camp or when you go with Sadie

Micah was a better gunslinger than John, at least during American Venom.

Arthur is John’s Son

When Arthur goes to collect the debt from the widow, him going all cold and talking shit to the son saying he’ll just fuckin kill him like his father if he keeps acting uppity really solidified the kind of game I was in for and rebound character Morgan was

>tfw user is quoting from Arthur's journal but the gang keeps dabbing on him.

Rest in peace, Rocinante

>got an Apaloosa early in the game, named it Boadecia
>have a couple of near deaths with it
>this cutscene plays

Best midtier for its price

You just gonna scroll past without saying howdy?

Attached: 67867990123.png (1541x1199, 2.14M)

Howdy

Attached: Arthur.jpg (1107x1200, 154K)

Good thread lads, we actually discussed videogames for once.

Attached: Dutch_God.jpg (1925x1890, 311K)

See you, Cowboys.

Attached: 0_22.jpg (1920x1072, 221K)