Why was this game so popular?

Why was this game so popular?

Attached: 1546930552570.png (297x334, 171K)

Because Max best girl

It was cool, I liked the villain and the catastrophe thing also Max cute

Because it was fucking based faggot

Because it's one of the few games that lets you self-insert into a cute lesbian hipster and have wacky adventures with your high school friends.

The first chapter isn't really good, but the rest is great, good story with lots of interactions, interesting characters with human flaws and a nice setting.

Waifufags are the cancer killing Yea Forums

>waifufags
Excuse me, I don't want to fuck Max, I want to BE Max.

I didn't even mention the word waifu, you are obsessed.

Then you are mentally ill.

I actually like the limited amount of puzzles and basic conversation mechanics that are influenced by your ability to time travel. I liked extracting information from things and people and then rewinding so they don't know. It's temporal stealth espionage.
Also even though the soundtrack style is not something I'd listen to it fits well with this game.

true, every board is getting this shit. Incels need to have sex and stop putting waifus on a pedestal. It's ruining discussion and criticism now that more women are in games
Because it was a movie game that claimed to have real choices, which of course was a lie as usual.

Don't know desu. The main cast is cringy and horrible. Every single one who sympathizes with Chloe and unironically buys into the "bay VS bae" question must have been a fucking teenager (or close to it) when they played it, because no adult human being could identify with this self absorbed shitstain.

First 4 chapters were really good and the story felt like it was going somewhere as a mystery, all while making it seem like your decisions did matter in certain points.
Then they made episode 5 where they dropped a bunch of plotpoints and made one single decision only matter, while the rest became invalidated.

No, I just want to fuck Chloe while covering her mouth with my hand.

The premises were good but the game executed them horribly.
I personally think if it was under any other publisher that it wasn't SE, it would have been 100x better

That is quite alright.
Have to say that I liked her much better in Before the Storm. Much less obnoxious and more fleshed out.

I finished all episodes when it came out, but I can't remember shit about them aside from the hella memes.
I think it was generally well received when it was coming out, but now all I see are streams and videos laughing at the game and its cringy writing, deservedly so. Still, like that user said, the time mechanics used for puzzles and conversations were pretty cool. Does season 2 even have superpowers?

It was Babby's first choice maker even though nothing really mattered in the end

Free trial, simple gameplay, lesbian girls.

Kill ALL fags and trannies

It's shit for girls, my sister was stuck on the stealth section and i did it for her in 10 minutes

DUDE LESBIANS!

tumblr turbo trannies loved it ,its a shit game tho

Shilled to the max by videogame urinalists.
Also an easy plat.

Reminder that Max has shit taste.

Attached: tumblr_nize9kFgpu1rtorllo1_1280.png (1280x1440, 1.16M)

I don't understand, they are both sticks, why do I want to fuck them so much.

Attached: 1551746362219.jpg (1549x1080, 967K)

Stop raping me!

yeah, sure

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

Season 2 is a mess, and it's not even correlated to anything that happened in Arcadia Bay (for now) except for a short mention in chapter 1.

>tfw no qt bi semi-autistic SquareEnix shill girlfriend
it hurts bros

How do you know it's shit when you didn't even play it?
And don't even try to say you did, becuase
>tumblr turbo trannies loved it
It was before trannies became so "massive" as they are today, and pretty much everything in the game goes against tumblrinas.

>the only male romance option is a beta orbiter who gets up at 7am to come and creep outside your window so he can "accidentally" bump into you just as you're leaving your dorm

Attached: stalker warryn.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

Men who have grown up in unstable environments tend to be attracted to unstable women, as they subconciously see the abnormal as normal, and vice versa. You should deal with your psychological issues lest you end up self-sabotaging your life.

Teenager is peak attractive according to studies

so did you guys let your plants die? I think I over watered mine

14 year olds, specifically.

Attached: 1556409255323.jpg (600x798, 52K)

Can I deny science? Am I so arrogant?

yurifaggots

Made by pedos for pedos

I think it really came down to it's presentation. Telltale had one single art style across all their games, the animations were robotic, and their engine sucked ass. This was a pretty nice breath of fresh air, and the idea of having save scumming be a main mechanic was pretty brilliant. Too bad it was exclusive to that one game and not the series as a whole.

I want to hold Victoria's hand

Attached: 91c445bd8bbae853f106ecf1bb4e5690.jpg (894x894, 105K)

Story was nice. Vibes were good. I didn't even like the main characters, but I still really enjoyed it.

I preferred Before the Storm because of the absence of the time travel mechanic. I found that it cheapened the impact of choices overall, and it was incoherent as fuck (essentially, everyone else should see Max teleporting all over the place - she warps herself into the principal's office in Episode 3, which was ACKNOWLEDGED BY CHLOE). I usually suspend my disbelief and just go along with time travel, but this was executed so buttfuck retardedly that I can't ignore it.

the game was ok, what I don't understand is how attached people are to it. the lisg in /vg/ is an affront to god. up there with the top 5 mos pathetic general threads desu tbqh

>comfy setting
>simple but realistic and relatable characteda
>comfy music

I moved to Oregon because of Life is Strange

Cute teen girls.

Attached: 1553977939956.jpg (371x371, 16K)

This is just a personal theory, but I think the reason so many people liked this "game" is the same that the movie Amelie was so popular outside of France despite it being a completely unrealistic depiction of Paris: very romantic and definitely no people of dark complexion.

So, imo people like LiS because it's a romanticized portrayal of white Americana: the small town white art school, the white teenagers speaking a hella awkward slang, the conventional high school teen archetypes, the inevitable white indie soundtrack, etc.

Attached: mmm.png (770x608, 324K)

>relatable characteda
I presume you meant "characters".
And calling them relatable pretty much outs you as an insufferable teenager, at least around the time you played it first.

>realistic and relatable characteda
Human beings don't act like those ridiculous caricatures, autist.

Because the character are believable, despite thr cringy attempt at modern teen speak and the setting and mechanics are nice.

Why do americans bring race into literally everything?

I was 25 when I played it
I'm 27 now
I will confess I am sort of retarded and still mentally 13

The people I know do before they become corporate faceless slaves

Cute teenage girls. Comfy setting. Very predictable plot, episode 1 spoils the entire game after ten minutes, but who cares? I fapped to the pool scene.

Attached: chloe has blue hair huh.png (834x459, 140K)

Because Max is the best girl, ever since I played this game I only like short haired girls.

Attached: 2.jpg (900x732, 71K)

>zoomies think it was unrealistic speech

YOU WEREN'T THERE

Because Americans are a mutt race with no racial identity. It's that way with all things, tall people aren't obssessed with height, and people with hair aren't obssessed with balding.

I'm not American and there's no denying LiS is an incredibly white game. The world that Max and Chloe inhabit in is not an attempt at realism, it's a nice fiction where they can be allowed to be believable hipster teenagers.

She didn't teleport into the office. All routes into the office were blocked in three dimensions but unblocked in four dimensions. She walked into the office through the fourth dimension.

max is cute and time travelling is fun

Attached: 1439585657199.jpg (960x1280, 250K)

But Max doesn't really have short hair.

Sadly everyone is ugly as a cancer in this "game".

real life girls are fucking disgusting get that shit OUT OF MY SCREEN

This isn't short hair?

Attached: 319630_screenshots_2015-10-20_00011 (1).jpg (362x502, 35K)

Even if this was true, she was teleporting in from Chloe's perspective as she does not perceive that "4th dimension".

That's quite clearly medium length (~chin length) bob, not short hair. See e.g. Victoria or Chloe for short hair.

It still kinda pisses me off that you aren't allowed to walk past Wells and escape the school during the fire alarm using your time powers so he never sees you just because there's a level transition zone right next to him.

>max has shoes on
they had one fucking job for this picture

sorry

Attached: max.jpg (250x318, 33K)

I have no idea. It's a legitimately bad game, from every aspect you can think of.
>shit story
>shit gameplay
>shit characters

Imagine the smell, when she slowly removes them

its like a visual novel more than game. dont get why people subject it to normal game standards

>we want to talk about games for girls on Yea Forums too
I wasn't, only girls "play" this garbage and you should go discus it on plebbit instead you dumb cunt.

Attached: 1564752844169.gif (500x281, 386K)

Only faggots post that same regurgitated gif, so off yourself

test

It was the closest thing to a AAA "Tumblr: the game"

I have no idea but I played this and also recommended to two friends. We all had the same feels while playing. We “wanted” to be Max?? Or wanted to have a comfy teenage life just like her? Idk. The soundtrack hit me the moment the game started. I have no idea why the game affected us so much, I come to think of it, it’s been 3 years and it feels really weird to think about it now

Can you give an example track of what made the soundtrack so good to you? it all blends into the same mumbleguitar shit to me

user I played the game when I was 21, so I still had hope and youth and shit so the music felt gud and hopeful and depressing at the same time. Now I graduated and all hope is gone, no more being a student, a wagecuck now. Life goes downhill nowadays.

I played it because someone said it had a surprising end.

Worth it.

agreed, Max is literally sex incarnate for me
if sex incarnate was also a pure innocent virgin

>Made chloe shoot herself
>Rewind time
>Make her shoot herself again

Attached: Devilish_dfec03_6238404.jpg (500x567, 53K)

I wish one of the steam reviews said that. I got baited.

All of you are tasteless faggots jfc

wasn't the lesbian shit optional?

Attached: 1538398449342.png (566x842, 469K)

Yeah it was, You can also kiss this dude

Attached: 2724871-warren.jpg (270x342, 16K)

>You can also kiss this dude
Ew, gay

she cute

Attached: 1521539661758.jpg (1366x768, 84K)

i rarely see so many based first posts in LiS threads. Also wanna add because it has one of my favorite game endings i've ever seen. Legitimately cried.

Attached: 319630_screenshots_20181213010230_1.jpg (1920x1080, 182K)

Fuck warren and his incessant pop culture jabbering

You saved Kate right anons?

literally no one who complains about "waifus" or any of the other chinese-imperial-courtier-ass backseat mod terms that mean "I want to shift the discourse such that whatever I don't like is forbidden under pain of death" is equipped to do "criticism" or "discussion", though

literally no one who complains about Yea Forums not having enough "discussion" is equipped to do discussion or to have valuable things to say, because if they were, they'd be saying them, instead of begging the authorities to kick and prod the board until it starts entertaining them again

They should have made his jabbering to sound like he's obviously a poser attempting to create an impression of liking shit that Max likes to get into her pants. Instead his taste is shit and Max goes along with it trying not to offend the orbiter. I'm glad they doubled down on that archetype in the prequel and just added a fucking obsessed possessive cuntfaggot who actually tries to own Chloe like a piece of furniture.

except she looks like a young boy you fucking nonce. kill yourself

I hate that max goes along with it, it’s the most vanilla nonsense they could have come up with and you have no ability to call him out. Would have been much more interesting if there had been a manipulative angle to his interest in those things agreed

>lis
>gameplay

You don't play this kind of 'games', you watch them in youtube.

Max could even have had internal monologue contrasting her calling out Warren's posering and herself having abused her time powers to pretend to know shit about Brooke's tech and Justin's skateboarding.

The broteam push got this game like 100k sales on it's own

Horrible unlikable characters that serve as a clumsy self insert for the writers.

Because of the vibes. Also I kept max and Chloe as platonic as possible.

none of you have any idea just how fucking much i want to fuck chloe

Attached: 1445697477474.gif (245x400, 1.94M)

>hella

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: 008B0B1E-FDD3-4220-8084-3168E980C79E.jpg (1280x720, 26K)

This. You often see them projecting by accusing people from other countries such as greece or italy of not being white.

I don't want to be that guy but I could just jack off real quick and nut into her beanie and force her to wear it for a day I'd be a happy man

He grew up looking at the best portraits taken by the most talented photographers in history but he couldn't properly replicate their art because the models just wouldn't sit the fuck still

I would go insane too if I had to live in a world with lis characters

Are you me?

This game really helped me get my life together for a short time, so I don't really give a shit if some people didn't like it, It resonated with me and that's enough for me.

Could you expand on that please user? How did it help you? Genuinely interested. For me it has a largely calming effect, it was strange.

After playing it I really realized I wasn't happy, not with my life, not with my lack of friends and not with what i was doing. I started reading more, got interested in Art, listening to different types of music (That fucking soundtrack hngghhhhhh) and doing things other than sitting around all day.

It pushed me to move out for my Final year of college where I finally made some real friends who i'm still close with today. Thanks to the game I Literally had a Harem of 5 women living with and beside me who wanted my dick for a Year.

I owe a lot to what it made me do and how it pushed me to grow up. it really made me respect video games as a medium for telling a story and got me interested in game design as well.

Also Chloe is best Girl fight me

This game really helped me become and truly see the perspective of women with orbiters. I could feel the power I had over Warren. He was such an objectively good guy, but mostly I just felt vaguely annoyed or a very slight pitying contempt - when he wasn't being purely useful to me.

Nothing was more anxious dealing with Warren than when he got brave and tried to push the friendzone into something more, instead of remaining a useful back pocket orbiter. Ugh, girls are not machine that owe you love and sex when you put in enough nice tokens, Warren! Get off my back. I got to go see Chadette now. She needs my help with some money she stole, again.

Attached: 2d99f000d54cac0e40db748325b9e1f0.png (1024x1303, 2.12M)

Nah fuck that bitch, her death was the best part of the game

Maybe because they’re drugged and kidnapped. I mean you have a class full of girls that are dripping wet for him yet he resorts to drugging then? All he would have to do is be like
>yo bitch, come over to my place tonight so I can take pictures of your art ho ass and put them in my collection.

While I want to agree, both decision negate everything you did all 5 episodes. Fat bitch gets hit in the head with a football, Kate still gets bullied and an heroes herself, Jefferson still kidnaps teenagers for his fetish room, I mean, all that shit still happens because now that max has messed with the timeline that never came to be, she can’t really do anything to change any element in her world for the next week for fear of the world ending by her hand. The ending sucked but i let Chloe die because a whole town of people is more important than 1 selfish girl.

I know the game takes place merely in 2013, but still I think he wouldn't risk them actually being able to tell anyone about what he said. In current year you only need to exist while male and girls can permanently ruin the rest of your life or get you put in jail or beaten to death by a mob. Imagine what they could do if you had actually said or done something. It's safer to put them on GHB.