Nihongo Gaming Thread 第一巻

What games are you guys playing in glorious nippongo today? Doesn't matter if it's translated, untranslated, etc, as long as it's in JP

Attached: 掌にある時.png (1020x610, 755K)

fire emblem 6 translated
best fe overall imo

i dont know nippon but i recognized the last few characters, no nakaniaru right? :)

>第一巻
やめろ

What is it about Japanese that attracts so many fuckups? It's one thing to just be lame (which is fine), but everyone I've met or seen learning Japanese is not only a loser but also afflicted with some kind of grotesque personality disorder. I have met nicer people on average in fucking random online FPS matches than in anything related to Western appreciation of Japanese culture. Just what is the deal?

I can't learn japanese, not when there are more kanji than stars in the universe.

There is no reason to learn japanese now, if it was the PS2/PS1 era i would understand but not now

sou da yo
demo, sono bunshou ni aru kanji ga su-pa- yasui no da to omou yo
mada benkyou suru koto ga hituyou desu

nothing, I'm saving myself for Astral Chain

If you ever type wholly in romaji again, I will delete Japanese.

The Witch's Heart. I haven't advanced at all in the story today, I've just bene playing ges and giving away gifts. Utterly kino

アマガミ

Attached: 084050.jpg (960x544, 87K)

>go to japanese class
>lecturer spends first hour talking about Japan's territorial island disputes

Attached: 1558863644946.png (480x800, 309K)

>try to learn japanese
>learn the kana easily
>grammar is destroying my brain
im gonna try to push through but god damn grammar is hard to understand.

無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄

Attached: 1560423326235.jpg (400x451, 39K)

Japanese grammar is not difficult at, just different. Basic to intermediate shit is very straightforward

lmao don't worry about grammar, even in languages with complex grammar (which japanese is not, though it can be a bit weird from western perspective), learning it is a trivial task compared to acquiring even anywhere near decent vocabulary. and you can basically learn grammar on the way as you're learning the vocabulary and immersing yourself in the language.

doing literally anything thats not browsing Yea Forums and watching youtube is difficult

lmao

why is that shit so needlessly complicated? fucking chinese people

Attached: 失望.jpg (700x400, 10K)

This thread perfectly exemplifies how pathetic people on/v/ are. How empty and mundane does a person's life have to be to think that playing a videogame in a foreign language is a good use of their time. I've already wasted 30 seconds of my life replying to this thread and feel ashamed of myself. You sad people need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Pathetic.

Go back to facebook you fucking faggot. You don't belong here. No one is forcing you to post here.

@475803310
2/10 shit bait, not worth giving a (You)

>nerve strike detected
He's right. Take a look in the mirror, loser.

stop worrying about grammar and worry about the 50,000 words and 1,000,000 collocations you'll have to master to pass for a native speaker
see you in 2040

>475803539
>that reddit space
too obvious, apply yourself

Kanji and vocab is the hard part.
The grammar is whatever, you can generally figure out what's being said as long as you understand the actual words, even if it sounds like Yoda-speak or something. Memorising thousands of kanji is awful though, and there's no real good method for it other than brute force.

>reddlt spacing
The retort of the pathetic incel faggot.

You're wrong. The book Remembering the Kanji 1 has so far the best method for learning them. You make little stories based around the key words and use imaginative memory instead. I'm almost 400 deep by just writing them down with the story and studying flash cards. Its super satisfying to watch the nunber memorized grow.

>having the goal be to 'pass' for a native speaker
OK Nathan-kun

>What games are you guys playing in glorious nippongo today? Doesn't matter if it's translated, untranslated, etc, as long as it's in JP
Technically currently playing Bravely Default but the truth is I haven't touched it in like 4 days. It's a shame because I'm so far too. At chapter 8 and I already cleared every single blue event on the map (twice because this is the chapter where they all retreat for one final stand at the HQ after they get defeated) meaning all that's left to do is kill the 4 crystal bosses real fucking quick and then it's onwards to chapter 9, yet I lost all the will to pick up my 3ds.

Attached: 2018-12-28-211646.png (960x544, 783K)

>played NieR: A in Japanese the other day
>all the machines have their speech in katakana
>some ONLY in katakana
>have to look up new kanji every minute
Th-thanks Taro
It was still a fun experience though, took me like 5 hours longer than my regular English playthrough took though

Attached: 1490249538395.png (210x214, 51K)

I always enjoy when they start going full crazy with the katakana. It gives an exotic air to it.

Attached: 2019-06-05-132344.jpg (960x544, 103K)

Played the DQ demo for a bit, but realized that I currently have no interest in playing the game a third time.
Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm confident enough to play the new Fire Emblem in Japanese.

Anyone gonna get P5: R when it launches in Japan to avoid getting fucked in the ass by spoilers? I feel like it's easy enough to go through without worrying too much about not understanding what's being said

Attached: 1564908172261.png (1136x1080, 725K)

I don't know about 3 houses in specific but I've played more than one fire emblem in Jap and they are always super light language wise. As a general rule I'd honestly recommend FE to someone who knows their basics but lacks reading experience. If you have any reading experience already then you'll likely just cut through it like butter.

nigga it's the same word over and over again

SMM2 as always. ONE MONTH until pic related im counting the days man

杳として

>Nihongo Gaming Thread
>Not Nihongo gaymingu thleddo
You have humiliated yourself OP.

>thought about starting to read in nip around a year ago
>still havent started
im never going to make it

That's what she wants you to think user, do you really want this smug bitch to win? Prove her wrong by learning the language, that should be your motivation

Attached: 1564036262514.png (258x196, 148K)

>read in nip
You mean starting to learn the language. Please go ahead and learn some kanas today, you don't even need a brain for that.

Attached: 1554444596577.jpg (4032x3024, 2.95M)

i know both kana and some kanji and vocab, i meant reading

What about grammar?
inb4 i know the language i just havent read in a year

>Get home from work
>Do my anki reps
>Too tired to start reading or playing
助けて!

Fix your life first

I'm currently going through Soul Nomad.

Well, I mean, if I know the language anyway, I might as well play the game in its native language.