Dont mind me,just posting the best looking vanilla armor in skyrim

Dont mind me,just posting the best looking vanilla armor in skyrim.

Attached: 9822657484984.png (600x1000, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82543
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/39635
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm going to stop you right there

Attached: Ebony1.jpg (346x695, 52K)

>wearing armor
lmao

What's the best modded armor?

too many belts.

Attached: Elder Scrolls V Skyrim 08.16.2017 - 00.53.28.02.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

I was expecting some unrealistic bimbo in non armor but this is much better

Too few belts

Attached: Elder Scrolls V Skyrim 08.11.2017 - 05.53.15.07.png (1604x1079, 3.15M)

I like most of the Vanilla armours in Skyrim
only Daedric was a disappointment for me (too many spikes), but at least it was better than the bright red superman suit in Oblivion, though the helmet in Oblivion was better

Morrowind of course has the best daedric armours since it has so much detail, and is heavy as fuck so it forces you to think about that if you want to have any daedric gear

at least Skyrim kept the "demon warped ebony" look the lore mentions.

Neat what it called?

> male version

Attached: ehhhh.jpg (590x332, 70K)

I'm still mad I couldn't marry Astrid

Attached: 555A9693-Edit.jpg (1000x667, 110K)

DCR - King Crusader Armor

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82543

Attached: Elder Scrolls V Skyrim 08.24.2017 - 17.41.46.08(2).png (1824x1026, 3.65M)

its a shame that some of the better looking armours in Oblivion are pointless since they are too hard to find and only appear at an odd level range where you will be dumping them very soon after you might find a set anyway.

Mithril I use for my Sorcerer type character since its just for fashion purposes

chainmail looks nice too but again is pointless in game

and Orcish, probably the rarest armour in game due to its base chance to spawn, level range, and middling usefulness considering bandits start spawning with full daedric soon enough.

Attached: OB-item-Mithril_Armor.jpg (1050x1050, 135K)

Oblivion's level scaling shit was the worst in any game. Bandits running around in full daedric armor sets, tiers of armor that are useful for five minutes. The challenge of the game is more nonexistent than usual since every fight is the same

>that hammer

I do like Oblivion, and used to like it a lot more when I was younger, but comparing it to morrowind or even Skyrim it's just hard to replay today

the level scaling for enemies is bad, but worse is the level scaling for items. so if you do a quest at level 5 whatever reward you get will be useless by lvl 10 or 20
it means you need to fart about wasting time until you are like lvl 20 or 25 if you want any decent quest rewards.

lack of money was shit too, everything is worth piss all, so all those gems and jewels you find are just worthless really.
in Skyrim they were worth a more sensible amount and made grinding gold not so tedious (I ALWAYS used the clone item cheat in oblivion because the economy was total garbage)
and morrowind of course the issue was not having valuable treasure but trying to sell it all for a good price which also made the game more fun in that way.

It's even worse since eventually your damage caps out around level 25. This doesn't stop enemies from getting more health. Eventually fights take forever to finish because your damage output is minuscule compared to enemies health. I haven't found a mod that fixes this.

Oblivion has a pretty crap modding scene
there aren't many mods that fix the core scaling issue with the game
I know OOO is popular but personally I can't stand all the additional nonsense

Skyrim at least I can play vanilla and still enjoy it without my game totally breaking because I didn't spend 3 hours jumping in place to get my levels perfectly correct.

and for everyone who says morrowind combat is bad, have fun running backward and clicking left mouse over and over for literally 20 minutes to kill ONE enemy in the woods.
drives me crazy that there are NO heavy hitting combat options in Oblivion

in both morrowind and skyrim there are usually some ways to end a fight quickly especially against trash-mobs.

I think Oblivion has some very underrated armor designs, people just hate on them because Bethesda made all helmets open so the dumb speechcraft minigame would work.

I like everything about Oblivion except the level scaling which makes it unplayable for me.

open face helms would look better with better face models

I really dislike the Ebony armour though, those stupid little glasses in the helmet, and the gold is too much, it should be mostly if not all black with *maybe* a little gold trim

again at least in Skyrim the armour distribution made some sense, more like morrowind, where only appropriate NPCs had certain armour (like noble Nords having Ebony gear)

Attached: 600px-OB-item-Ebony_Armor.jpg (600x600, 115K)

I quite like all the Stalhrim gear
was a favourite of mine in Morrowind so it was nice to see returning.

Attached: 600px-DB-item-Stalhrim_Light_Armor_Male.jpg (600x600, 136K)

>best looking vanilla armor in skyrim.
Does the switch version count

Attached: CED3550B-4FE8-4DDF-9BF2-91A3260B8790.jpg (300x168, 14K)

There's a mod that auto-levels your quest rewards etc in your inventory:
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/39635

I can't play without it these days.