You have 15 seconds to defend the existence of third person shooters

You have 15 seconds to defend the existence of third person shooters.

Attached: 3rdperson.png (851x414, 502K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ii9y97PlFwQ
youtu.be/ii9y97PlFwQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they keep making you make threads about them

Attached: 1566861759869.png (839x637, 538K)

I find them fun.

They vary in quality, but there are some mechanics that simply don't work as well in first-person. Namely anything involving mobility.

wider FoV and you can see more character interaction with the enviroment. They also are more forgiving with the enemies popping from different directions so you can have a lot more surprising moments that don't come directly at you.

Basically all reasons why they're great for horror games.

>but there are some mechanics that simply don't work as well in first-person. Namely anything involving mobility.

I would say that's flat out wrong with bunny hopping.

In what way would Max Payne have benefited from being in first person?

???
misquote?

You can see where your character exists within their world, their grounding, where they are, you can switch between aiming and moving and you can platform, do all kinds of fun acrobatic parkour mobility while having a nice clear view of the level and platforms around you.

Attached: bcus-98119-game-ss-16.jpg (627x353, 84K)

Attached: 20180326162756_1.jpg (1920x1080, 536K)

People are so contrarian they hate tps now wow

Attached: 1566837158513.jpg (1280x1269, 205K)

I get to stare at female butts so I get double the entertainment from both my brain, but also my penis..
Can't experience that with 1st person.

Attached: Q7BMhWD.jpg (1920x1080, 651K)

i think they can often have a cinematic feel that FPS games dont. I love seeing my character shoot and I love the reloading animations. Theres just a badass feel of seeing your character run and shoot around, take cover, and reload. I think it can add a lot of intensity to a shootout. I also think just walking around and shooting looks cool

Attached: 20190817014058_1.jpg (1920x1080, 554K)

Some of them are pretty fucking good.

Attached: dead space.jpg (1200x1231, 149K)

Makes platforming easier and allows you to peek out of cover without actually peeking.

Resident Evil 4
Dead Space

Kinda like a movie

I honestly have had the opinion that for a long time that 3rd person shooters are, generally, one of the worst genres of video games. There are definitely good 3rd person shooters (As there are so many of them that some are good), but in general it feels like a terrible genre.

It lets you move more freely and do acrobatic shit without your vision being all over the place.

Customization of your character's looks

Attached: 20180110054414_1.jpg (1280x720, 232K)

seeing your character in the world is just way better than acting as if you're them

Attached: tumblr_oqwjix0H5e1tnjmmio1_1280.png (1255x715, 1.22M)

Oh come on man

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

To see If i can get a look down under of course

Attached: 1487317282920.jpg (1700x1144, 948K)

/thread
also vidya girl buttes

What's wrong with it?

WHY ISN'T ANYONE TALKING ABOUT THE FUCKING SUBTITLES
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT TYPEFACE
IT LOOKS LIKE AN INDIE GAME'S TYPEFACE
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A GAME THIS FUCKING EXPENSIVE AND USE THAT TYPEFACE BRO HOLY SHIT IT'S SO FUCKING ATROCIOUS

Attached: 1544058594785.png (187x211, 66K)

I can stare at my character's ass

If you want to establish the protagonist as a distinct character rather than simply the player's avatar, a third-person perspective can help establish that distance between the player and the character. Depending on how it's done, the third-person camera may also afford more situational awareness than a first-person camera by letting you see more of the area around the protagonist.

Warframe

That basic bitch health bar bothers me more.

Vanquish is a third person shooter.

Attached: vanquish.png (960x960, 2.05M)

Vanquish, Binary Domain and Spec Ops The Line.

You can fuck off now.

I enjoy staring at snake's ass

Attached: 20190708145909_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.08M)

I can't defend Western ones, they're horrendous. Japanese ones however are the best around.

Attached: gunvalkyrie.webm (640x379, 2.96M)

Im not an fps/shooter fag but I've always wondered the opposite, what advantages does a first person setup have in the first place? You don't get to see your character, mobility feels more awkward. I get the peeking from cover argument if adding some risk to peeking is the gaol, but besides that it seems like all downside and no benefit, unless that one thing makes a bigger difference than i think?

Take a game like destiny, its mostly about the pve so mobs aren't gonna complain if you can see them around corners. You'd actually get to see all the cool armor you're wearing and all the flying and jumping you do would be much more fun in 3rd person. Don't play it but I'd always thought it'd play better in 3rd person.

Attached: 1516148314291.jpg (373x347, 19K)

>spec-ops
>good tps gameplay
user...

3rd person games are the best games.
Having shooting mechanics in a game doesn't make it inherently worse.

Attached: 1554683187209.webm (700x328, 480K)

>what advantages does a first person setup have in the first place?
Nothing really.

that looks like absolute shite you retard

webm not related?

casual max payners detected

I can see my character's arse

Marie

Attached: marie I woke up like this.png (680x1010, 588K)

I didnt wake up today so I could come online and defend my tastes to faggots like you. Kill yourself.

>implying there's anything wrong with mp
fuck off you fat weeb virgin

aspergers spectrum detected

But some are even better.

Attached: deadspace2.jpg (616x353, 85K)

point & click games are casual games, and payne is a casual third person shooter. Get some taste PC pleb.

Attached: metal wolf chaos.webm (854x480, 2.99M)

>nonstop barrel rolls button masher in an ugly corridor
kill yourself

They exist to look better than fps with the same stuff just because the camera is further back.

Without it my favorite game Fortnite wouldn't be possible.

>get some taste
ironic coming from a literal contrarian autist, everything you're posting looks like dog shit. please just leave and don't come back kid, thanks.

>Quake
>UT
>Tribes
>Dusk
>Mirrors Edge
>Dishonored

Your argument is invalid.

not them but your game legit looks like hot shit

I got motion sickness as I got older. Can't play FPS anymore but TPS is ok.

i can smell the soi from here

I am 100% contrarian to PC plebs who have shit taste. Time to learn from your elders, PC games were never good. Take your shit tier movement and throw it in the trash now.

Attached: bslash-sat.webm (780x570, 2.99M)

3rd person shooters shouldn't exist, unless you control a party.

I found that doing acid makes you 100x better at fps games but I can't do that anymore so I play TPS now

>it's cool, you fly around and click buttons, there's even an anime girl that shows up on the screen to encourage you

Attached: 1565943942883.png (454x520, 11K)

>first person kiddies are also redditjakers
is anyone surprised?

There's a few reasons. One that hasn't been mentioned yet is that sometimes the devs don't feel like making 2 sets of animations for the person controlling the unit and for people viewing the unit.

>I can't defend Western ones, they're horrendous. Japanese ones however are the best around.
>point & click games are casual games, and payne is a casual third person shooter. Get some taste PC pleb.
>I am 100% contrarian to PC plebs who have shit taste. Time to learn from your elders, PC games were never good. Take your shit tier movement and throw it in the trash now.
>>first person kiddies are also redditjakers
>is anyone surprised?

Attached: 1566424860867.png (708x800, 33K)

They're better than first person shooters.

Pathetic.

I installed Wolf 3D off floppy disks when it came out, zoom zoom.

when you want to make a movie but "(THEY)" dont give you a chance in hollywood, thats when a third person shooter is born.

I hope you've realized your mistake by today

You can see your character

None of these involve flipping and spinning

the fucking character doesnt get in the way of what your shooting like OP's pick

youtube.com/watch?v=ii9y97PlFwQ

why cause he doesn't suck dick?

EDF!
EDF!

how is this game later on? I don't have much time to play it these days because of other games, but I gave it a shot on a boring afternoon and I wasn't that impressed, I was going in expecting a ridiculous, over the top shooter with crazy mechanics and acrobatics

I just felt like the setting was boring and there wasn't much to the gameplay, but I can absolutely see myself falling in love with it if I give it more time, I only played for like 1,5-2 hours

do I get cooler weapons and abilities on the later levels? does the environment gets more interesting?

They're generally pretty good but that camera in Control is pure garbage, that has to have been some kind of mistake.

Attached: 1411726072473.png (400x400, 192K)

you are a fucking turbo virgin kid lol

>dusk

They're fun

>how is this game later on?
It's fucking 6 hours long, just play it.

Why 15 seconds? what the actual fuck I'm already out of time. Fuck you OP.

>Thinking MUH ACTION dead space is better

Attached: 201602_1723_gdhec_sm.jpg (300x256, 9K)

youtu.be/ii9y97PlFwQ

Attached: rich-evans.jpg (919x720, 59K)

what game?

>no mention of Metal Arms: Glitch In The System
Disappointing

Attached: 51SERYZZ2BL._SX364_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (366x474, 45K)

>game lets you spam dash and jump so it's better

I will tell you:
The movement of the player character in third person looks (and is) infinitely more realistic than the player movement in first person shooters. The only FPS games that get movement right are like modded GTA4, where it basically just mounts the camera to your character's head and leaves all the movement animations like they normally are in third person. Because when they officially added a first person mode to GTA5 and RDR2, suddenly you could not strut around all cool like you could in third person because you always had to be holding your gun out in front of your face like it's Resident Evil. I guess they have to do that to prevent the player from being able to unnaturally turn their camera-head around on their body like the exorcist, but yeah. And nobody actually moves like an FPS game in real life except for ones with the most tanky controls, like RE7. Like nobody runs around full speed turning sideways and backwards / strafe-running around everywhere. If you see yourself doing it in a mirror in a FPS it looks ridiculous compared to third person animations.

>games that let you control your character are bad, unlike Life is Lesbians

It's bad to get cornered, in real life and in videogames. Everyone knows this. Your punishment for backing up into a corner in a third person game is having your view partially obscured by your character.
I don't get why some people take such issue with this. Just stop being a retard and get out of the fucking corner. Stop blaming the game and git gud

More movement options are only better if they provide meaningful improvement to gameplay. Dragon floppy bird and ADHD robot don't

first persons for fags

shoulder cam =/= third person

3rd person always looks cooler. If done right. female protags always look cooler than males.

bunny hopping is a bug that should have been eradicated

>start using female soldiers in swimsuits
>can't stop focusing on their giant hips, massive t&a and fat vulva
>in a state of perpetual masturbation
Send help

gameplay wise it was better

What's the point of playing a cute girl if I can't see her?

>not one mention of Gears of War

So what happens when the fifteen seconds are up? We all know by now that third person shooter is the default go to game mode for the lazy as fuck developer

>ignoring every fun shooter game in existence
fuck off, retard

Attached: 1554121612657.jpg (474x474, 31K)

I like to know where my hitbox is, so I don't feel pissed about that one bullet that passed the top left corner of my screen and still fucking hits my head. When I see myself getting one-tapped I think "nice shot, cunt," not "that shot didn't even fucking touch my god damn screen what the fuck is this shit."

Because I like them.

Attached: 1311560372896.gif (342x327, 353K)

Vanquish is overrated.

Which game?

If it includes stealth, 3rd person works better than first person because you can tell exactly how much of your body is showing.
3rd person would also work better for games where you don't play as humans. Imagine playing like a raptor or something and you have a tail swipe ability.

They're FPS
but you can stare at your waifu's ass while you play

I like them.

Looks like Saint's Row 3

It's Saints Row 2.

Cinematic TPS are the shittiest games ever

If you get into it, it becomes super mobile. You can control the suit pretty well if you get the hang of it. The setting is mostly grey structures desu but the game is solid

looks generic as fuck
why do you even care

is this picture from ps3 or ps4?

so that's why snoybois are crying Cyberpunk2077 is fps

Attached: haha.gif (500x260, 3.97M)

Max payne

That's not Dead Space 3

There still hasn't been another game like it and most likely never will.

Attached: 440008-lost-planet-2-xbox-360-screenshot-finished-a-category-g-akrid.jpg (1280x716, 122K)