Imagine if indie gamers used current edge graphics over making pixel shit garbage and low poly garbage

Imagine if indie gamers used current edge graphics over making pixel shit garbage and low poly garbage.

Attached: untitled.1.png (867x800, 250K)

>indie gamers
So it's indie gamers that made indie games?
Not developers?

I mean indie developers.

graphics usually impede gameplay

most of those graphics are made on software like substance painter, designer, zbrush, maya, keyshot.

Is not like making CGI graphics are black magic only wizards has, is usually pretty simple to learn such tools.

they still impede gameplay because it would look weird to have good graphics but shitty animations or no animations at all

animations are done using a 360 kinect with a PC and autodesk motionbuilder then cleaned and sent to maya, then to unity.

Is not magic.

that's where "style" comes in user

its still a bunch of work for something that could be done easier and cheaper
no reason for "good" graphics if the gameplay suffers

A finished character like my OP pic took two days to make, maybe three days to rig it and maybe two days more to animate it on maya.

It would take less effort than non crappy pixel shit.

then do it and report back
also give it animations for a bunch of shit it has to do and not just a walking animation

>Hey guys, why don't indie devs have AAA budgets?

Attached: 1566925247340.png (558x614, 45K)

they would make a single character model and the budget would be gone you fucking idiot

this nigga is in delusion,everyone get out, leave the retard alone.

>It takes millions to learn to use industry standart CGI software
???

it takes millions to pay someone to make the stuff you need for your game if its so easy and cheap why dont you make a game cunt?

Ghost of a Tale was made by 1 guy

Attached: 1474477532_gif2.gif (800x450, 3.22M)

>literally posted a bug I'm making using said software as a test to learn it

i can literally tell from your pic that your shit model already has too many tris
have fun with your crash on launch games retard

It has like 3k polys.

It looks like paper mache that a kindergardener doodled on

so make a fucking game and stop wasting time here

your bug looks like shit

3K POLYS
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So it has soul

The desire for ever more bullshit realistic graphics is the cancer that is killing the industry.

Graphics were fine 5 years ago. Should have been focusing on gameplay and sound design since then.

Probably even sooner if more than one person was doing it

It genuinely looks worse than average indie pixel art.
It has enough details to truly showcase your lack of skill, something that retro graphics could have managed to hide

I'm doing a bit of experimenting.

My goal is to maybe produce with 3D software HD pixel art.

most indie devs don't have the money to do that shit. that and cutting edge 3D looks weird in functionally 2D enviroments like 90% of the time.

If you want a good looking indie game that doesn't have pixel graphics, then look to hollow knight or salt and sanctuary. the most you can expect is hand drawn.

Well, that honestly might work. The picture you posted isn't very flattering (and I hope you can see that), but I can imagine it could look decent from a distance and some work done on the sprites.
I'm sorry to have critiqued you so hashly, I hope you can make something out of it

nah, don't worry, I'm trying to automate pixel art using 3D.

Maybe who knows, I'll be able to make an AAA game by myself.

:)

>Meanwhile PS fucking 3 supported millionS polys on screen

Better to aim for a small but polished game.
It doesn't have to look or feel AAA, that's a completely useless goal

>he thinks thats a lot

>"good graphics = bad gameplay"-posting
You probably consider garbage like Minecraft or Roblox to be the pinnacle of gameplay.

The point is that poly count in 2019 isn't a problem if you're not planning to put 1000 hand modeled characters in a restricted area.

>hurr i dont want hordes of enemies to kill

>be sure to check dynamic topology when sculpting that grass bro *dab*

Attached: 1528137086061.png (213x237, 7K)

>he doesn't want to make modern day doom
faggot

graphics are 80 % of a game . why would you rather fuck a pretty woman over an ugly one even its from behind and youll never see their face?

idie games are just trash games but no one that plays them will admit it. id rather watch some micheal bay movie than some indie shit film even if it had a good story. no one would talk about the matrix if it had brazil tier special effects.

the only popular indie game ive genuinley enjoyed was/is minecraft. id pay 60$ for minecraft. ive tried a few more touted indie games and theyre all garbage. if you like indie games do you eat food with no seasonings like salt or butter? why would any normal human say i like eating shit! when a chicken dinner is right beside them?

>didnt like hollow knight

>why would you rather fuck a pretty woman over an ugly one even its from behind and youll never see their face?
Because you told me one is ugly ?

Time for me to leave Yea Forums for tonight

5 AAA credits were added to your account

nah

Make a tutorial to teach others if it's so easy. Most people dont realise indie developers get most there shit off tutorials and occasionally scripting something on their own

why would that matter their pussy wont feel different and you wont see their face. and no i didnt like hollow knight. i might have like hollow knight if its only competition were super mario world , and not grand theft auto , call of duty, halo, and any number of infinitely better games.

>if you're not planning to put 1000 hand modeled characters in a restricted area
Well why they hell aren't you?

aw i h8 you indie pricks anyway but you arent hurting anyone, just know i strongly dislike your taste in game and by extension you as people.

>grand theft auto , call of duty, halo
Tell me this is just bait and the sorts of retards screeching about indies on Yea Forums aren't genuinely this stupid. I don't want to believe this board has fallen THIS low.

Hold the fuck up, that took 2 days to make?
I legit thought it was some kind of cheap DIY figurine, you just threw your argument out of the window with that.

Attached: 1540009388891.png (281x389, 88K)

I wouldn't say that, but the vast amount of shit you can do in either of their engines is seriously more impressive than any AAA game.
I'd be happy if they just used ACTUAL 8-bit graphics, or better yet god-tier 16-bit, instead of minmalistic blobs with two black dots for eyes.

Attached: vice-2.gif (256x224, 8K)

I love u bby plz dont b mean 2 me.

It's cool and I'm glad you found something that works for you, but I'm sure you know that there are shittons of ways to go about making a game.

I'll never understand people who push that insipid "gameplay over graphics" catchphrase then show off some of the most visually impressive games on the NES as their example. You guys must be ascended zoomers who think 8-bit/16-bit is shorthand for bad graphics.

But you're right. It would be great if indie devs put actual effort into their graphics instead of peddling their minimalistic garbage as "retro inspired".

Looks like an arts and crafts project. Not sure if that was the look you were going for.

Also, when will Yea Forums learn that some people actually like pixel and low poly aesthetics. This is the only website I’ve ever seen that complains about those things. I’m willing to be everyone complaining is underage too.

I'll take both please.

Attached: gg2020.0.jpg (1200x800, 189K)

Pixel and low poly aesthetics are fine. It's just rare that an indie game feels like the developers actually have a passion for those graphics.