Do you use them?

Do you use them?

Attached: state.png (273x213, 7K)

As a way to save without having to use the game's built-in save system, yes.

this, might as well just press 1 button rather than go through several menus and then watch a memory card save progress bar

i like to use them right when a boss starts so i don't have to sit through the game over / load / potential cutscene if i die multiple times

Yes all the time
Why wouldn't I?

I don't save state. I smash the state.

yes. Couldn't get over the motorcycle stage in genesis Battletoads without it

yes, a shitton

Nah, I play games on their original systems.
Now Yea Forums will call me an idiot, but I like playing with the old original consoles

Depends on the game. For say a platformer I'll use a save state after a checkpoint or after beating a level just so I don't have to redo it in the event I game over. I won't savescum every single hard jump or enemy I kill though.

Yeah, emulators tend to crash from time to time

yeah. fuck intro screens and shit. i can jump right back into the game.

Absolutely, Nintendo charges 10-20 bucks for decades old abandonedware they happen to remember they have. Also, most of the good carts shitlord vendors sell for 60-200 bucks and they need their batteries replaced.

I use them like a madman.

Yes.
I'm not ashamed.

this but just because I love boss fights and sometimes I just want to fight them again without any other bullshit in the way

>he quicksaves every 2 seconds even before doing every jumps in a platformer

sure do

Attached: 1566054133930.gif (300x242, 1.78M)

I used to subsist on them but Ninja Gaiden helped me learn to control myself, now I only use them when I need to exit the game but cant save

I save after every section, like theres a part in a game where if you fall down you have to do like 3 minutes worth of traveling all over again, I'll just save before that part where you can fall

I use it in case something go wrong yeah, like the safe file inside itself getting corrupted. Also games with a password save system.

Otherwise I don't believe I've ever used them. The hardest game I played was probably Gunstar Heroes co-op with my bro and we did it the hard way, going through that 10-minute minion rush second to last level every time till we beat it.

yes

Attached: ultraball.png (853x841, 323K)

>the emulator is constantly able to rewind even if you didn't savestate every second

baby

this

>Alright im not going to abuse save states this time. Only when i feel its absolutely necessary.
>Game crashes for no reason and i lose an hour of progress
>Now compulsively save state every 5 minutes for the rest of the playthrough so i dont lose progress again
This happens more often in shit like elder scrolls where they are prone to crash every time you look at someone funny but god damn i hate emulators at times.

Attached: 1382061748732.jpg (625x353, 58K)

I dont feel like blowing a bunch of money just to play nes games. Why wouldnt I emulate?

not like this doesn't happen with normal games as well anyway, 90% of the time I save isn't because I'm scared to die but scared the game will crash, power will go out, or things like that

heck, sometimes it's a crash that happens on the real hardware as well and the emulator is accurately replicating

Absolutely I do, save states on my vita are a god send in any JRPG so I can put the game down whenever I want/need to.

>vita
that has a low power mode and a battery that lets you put it down without even needing to save though

last game on emulator i played was persona 1 on the psp and i used them, i don't have the time to use the few checkpoints the game has to offer so i used them only so i don't have to backtrack and lose 10 minutes of my time when i can only play 1 hours if i'm lucky.

>Citra devs will never add them
still mad

I just played my first ever fire emblem game - sacred stones, and I honestly can’t even imagine playing without save states or fast forward. I’m sure people here will call me casual, but replaying through ten turns to save one unit who got crit hit doesn’t sound like fun to me. Also the enemy turns take fucking forever so the fast forward option is a must.

I use them when there is a choice so I can find out if it's a actual choice or some "illusion of choice" bull shit.

This, Majin Tensei I is notorious for not letting you save on the world map. You have to save in a battle.

Yeah, I'm not some turbo-loser who has a purist experience fetish. I don't have time to keep trying again if I lose, I've got shit to do. Same with gameshark codes, fuck you.

Only when I feel like stopping the game, so I don't need to deal with game menus or wait on the next save point.

I think you should play games in whatever way is the most enjoyable for you, but I wonder what exactly you enjoy about games if you use cheat codes and save states to get past every challenge?

you dont, you asume the loses its a game you retard, you dont actually lose unless you lose the battle.

Yes. To say that most games I emulate aren't very good games would be correct, and to say they're very poor, slow and meandering games would be probably somewhat more correct. And to emulate games means you have to be pretty hardcore and deal with all such dreadful things as bad framerates and glitches that cause the enemies to turn into the pause button every so often. I see no shame in save states.

Sometimes you just have to.

Attached: 1488836995237.png (640x480, 325K)

I’m sorry but I don’t quite understand your post. In Fire Emblem party members stay dead when killed, so many people soft reset every time one dies.

I beat this as a 10 year old on GameCube with no save states.

Looking at this image just made me sad by reminding me of the modern state of Pokémon vs what could have been.

Yes. Persona 3 & 4. Save a lots of time

Same, but catching that Entei is a pain in the ass if you want it early. Back in the day there weren't many guides so I didn't know you could catch him later