Is 3rd Strike really the best fighting game ever?

Is 3rd Strike really the best fighting game ever?

Attached: 7358807.png (595x600, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=52e3LNOCEwg
youtube.com/watch?v=mwi-EZYO0TI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

KoFXIII and Tekken 7 are better. But 3S is good.

I don't even play it and I know that.

melee exists tho

>KoFXIII and Tekken 7 are better.
in what fucking universe

In the universe where gameplay matters over popularity.

>Tekken 7

7 isnt even the best Tekken.

hitting a sick parry in a match feels like an orgasm

Silly user, he said fighting games

at high level its just parry battles and taking 3/4 of the round to fish for lows into super so not really

what? smash melee is a fighting game tho?

It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn good. It has some serious balancing issues, and they're very apparent on higher level play, but the game is excellent on the middle level.
Be prepared for people to sperg out regardless, though. Nowadays, on Yea Forums, if you say you like 3S, they call you out for being a poser or some shit.
For me, it's CvS2, though.

Attached: Cvs2.png (342x440, 287K)

It's up there for sure

Fighting games were designed to be fun, not to be played at high levels

Attached: alex1.jpg (500x739, 97K)

Nah that would be Super Turbo, but 3S is right up there.

It's definitely that most fun at non-pro level.

It's so much faster, more fluid, and more frenetic than the other SF games.

SF4 and SF5 are just constantly trying to poke>50% combo

In SF3 I can be an absolute spaz with Ibuki.

With one more balance patch it could have been the perfect fighter, but it's an extremely good one for certain.

>In SF3 I can be an absolute spaz with Ibuki.
Based. That's how I play.

Accent Core +R is the only game comparable.

Attached: rsz_virtua_fighter.png (1024x537, 857K)

I want to learn Ibuki but she is so weak, sometimes I feel like she's beating the shit out of my Ken but I look up and I've done more damage with way fewer hits.

thats not rival schools project justice

MK11 is better.

Attached: FC2285F9-5AA9-4BF7-A291-B7B2567E4DFA.jpg (625x415, 299K)

No.
Vampire Savior and GGAC+R are better.

>Tekken 4
One of my favorites for sure, but you know damn well people are gonna say shit.

Attached: Tekken Reactions.png (1232x1485, 1.38M)

>he doesnt know

In the same way Mario kart is a racing game.

That's a good analogy.

>vsav

lmao, that game is dash and mash for retards, it's a tranny/furry game with zero neutral

Not that user, but I still like it. You're right, it is pretty simple, but it's fast-paced and fun. Throwing in buzzwords doesn't make your point any smarter, either.

No it's not buzzwords. Almost everyone in the fgc that plays vsav is a giant cuck, gay, or a tranny. No normal people play it.

First of all, I'm gonna need a citation on that.
Second of all, if you judge the entire audience of a game based on FGC big names, you're even more of a retard.

>First of all, I'm gonna need a citation on that.

lol check any vsav player's twitter or share a venue with the vsav "community" and you'll see the kind of sick freaks that play that game

That's not Soul Calibur 2

Attached: 51XER4QT97L._AC_SX430_.jpg (372x500, 38K)

t. doesn't know what gstep and 2g are

>Lol, check twitter
What am I, some kind of faggot?

my brother from another mother

Hell no. You got meme'd. Parrying is fun though.

In what universe?

Capcom games and videogames are tranny central, especially 3S. Glass houses breh. 3S is just a slow boring piece of shit.

you're assuming I play 3s, that's funny

But street fighter/mvc games have way less trannies than anime. The most normal scene is probably tekken.

Fighting games are literally full of people that shit their pants, trannies, niggers, and low-test slopes. Fighting game scenes aren't "normal." Anyone that says Versus is normal is likely a chicken nugget coon. Same goes for Tekken/SF which are now nigger and sand nigger central.

Ultimate is better

it is pretty fun although a tad too flawed with the character balance.

i agree. playing it at mid level is the best experience i ever had with any fighting game i ever played.

yea okay

Attached: 1564585213911.png (1700x1102, 248K)

Yes

Attached: Chun.png (203x551, 129K)

It's not even the best SF

Attached: GixA_LVe-AtsKkxKufVLmvV1w6Oyr6Ad091ClrkQaL0.jpg (748x1151, 161K)

>do anything
>buffer down parry
>it works 90% of the time
lol this game is gay

Attached: 20190825_153512.jpg (958x719, 279K)

Based factsposter dabbing on these zoomies

(you)

This.

i actually agree. i do think parries are a cool as fuck mechanic but begin able to perform it at any giving time is ass. if it had a super bar dependency it would be much cooler.

show me footage of viscant beating anyone noteworthy in 3s
or playing 3s at all
oh wait

Yeah I'm a fighting game connoisseur... 3rd Strike, Garou, the list could go on

Man, it's a shame Garou gets this retarded rep. It's a great game, but not incredible, yet now I can't even say I like it at all because of cunts like you and cunts that make you act like you do.

>Garou

i find that game to be cool as fuck but it has some real fucking bullshit. 3rd strike and garou are games i would love to have a re-balanced re-release but we are never getting that.

No. I don't even know what game deserves that spot

Attached: 1534554290768.gif (324x183, 584K)

imagine thinking kof13 and tekken7 of all games had good gameplay that matters.

factually wrong. you wouldnt say that if you read the actual SF2 developer interviews.
also, half the roster being awkward and shit isnt fun.

>I want clearly defined archetypal characters like "distance fighting" and "speed and pokes"

he plays anime fighters right?
oh?

>best fighting game ever
no, but it's certainly the best street fighter
it's been like 20 years and capcom are too big of pussies to do anything ambitious
4s mechanics are a fucking shit stain, and the only goal of 5 was to bend the franchise over a pinball machine for literal retards who'd play the game for a month at most

Attached: 1556914425207.jpg (297x297, 40K)

Viscant sucks off SF2 so hard that the moment mindless fireball spam got removed from a game he had to find excuses as to why the game sucked. His character variety point is retarded when he brings up archetypes in SF3 that he says don't exist ("b-but they don't count") and blames SF3's top tier problem on parries instead of Chun just having the best fucking normals ever and Yun having a super that makes him a god. If parrying didn't exist Chun and Yun would be way fucking stronger.
Also anyone who says "I don't need to say much because your minds are made up" is a pussy who knows that his points are already on shaky ground and wants to run before people say anything mean to him.

>mindless fireball spam
lmao

I wonder if Viscant still doesn't understand parries after all this time.

It wasn't mindless, but you weren't around for the days of
>TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER
What that user said, past that point, is 100% true as well. The balancing issues aren't based on parries at all. They're based on SA2 being a fuckhuge bar of meter, a super damaging super, and Chunners having retardedly good normals. Yun's SA3 can be earned halfway through a combo that's STARTED by Genei Jin.

this post has been debunked so hard. The dude didnt know anything about 3S. Ask MikeZ about that game and he'll actually get into technical aspects of why the game is interesting.

>ask mike z
jesus christ

Dude may be a cuck, but at least he knows fighters.

If assuming everyone is at an equal level of play and how to fucking play the game? Absolutely. Otherwise it's a relic of a bygone era that'd never be made today.

looking at how fucking trash skullgirls gameplay is I'm convinced that he does not know fighters.

You haven't played Skullgirls if you think it's bad.

Players can spam fireballs in SF2 and Third Strike you casual fraud. Spam is not a game mechanic, it's entirely dependent on player choice. Also, the dude was right about Third Strike having no variety. Everyone in that game is rushdown because of muh parries. You don't see intense far Dhalsim-type zoning in Third Strike, every character even at high levels are played the same. Last (you) you're getting.

>It's definitely that most fun at non-pro level.
This shit. I've been fucking around with 3S just feeling the game out for years and though I never win, it's top fun. I just unga bunga as Akuma and when feeling like learning, I play Makoto and just get CRUSHED

its an awful no neutral mongo mash game that is entirely centered around resets.
its a game for retards and literally only retards defend it.

Unga Bungaing as any shoto will get you a win eventually. At least you're not playing Ken.

>Buzzwords with no meaning sprinkled with more buzzwords with no meaning, topped with insults because you know your "argument" is shit
Yawn.

if you played fighting games you'd maybe understand the meaning of the words used.
I bet you dont even have a hundred hours in skullgirls.

Fuck no. I like it but it's poorly balanced and the entire game basically boils down to fishing for hit confirms in neutral. Projectile zoning is virtually nonexistent, it's much worse than SF5 in that regard. There's a reason why it's always been a niche game even among SF pros.

You're technically right. "Mash game" is the only thing you said that has no real meaning. I made a mistake. Your words have meaning, but you're just explaining the gameplay and not saying anything on why it's bad. You sound like one of those guys who thinks if games don't play exactly like Super Turbo, it's bad.
>Don't even have a hundred hours in skullgirls
38 or so on steam, but I played it for years on PS3 before then.

No, the greatest fighting game of all time is xturd

its so great not even gg players want to play it anymore.

>Projectile zoning is virtually nonexistent
who cares
it's always the gayest fucking shit in any game

>this game is bad
>no this game is bad
>no this game is bad
okay, so whats an actual good fighting game

Capcom vs. SNK 2

This opinion means you simply don't like street fighter

It was more a lack of guilty gear news for an entire 2 years that hurt the playerbase, we've had a bit of a resurgence since the new GG announement

>if it's not sf2 it isn't street fighter
please off yourself

Attached: Tiger_Shot.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

meant for

Almost
This
gif related

Attached: 064.gif (326x281, 171K)

I’ll admit to being a massive scrub, but Chun is just unfun to fight especially online where reacting to half her moves is pretty much impossible. As Yang I feel like only heavy divekick or a well spaced cr mk can even hope to contest her back fierce alone. But if I don’t approach she’s gonna get meter and start fishing for cr mk or back fierce into a 40% combo.

>fighting game

Chun is unfun to fight regardless. As a Yang player myself, though, I suggest using the fuck out of that forward mk if you haven't. Always catches people turtling off guard, it's a very quick overhead. Also, that rolling kick thing sucks almost 100% of the time, but pop it off whenever she launches a projectile. It'll go under and hit before she recovers. Also, the light version is a decent anti-air if you're going against a particularly jumpy Chun. If they're good at parrying when they jump in, don't do it.

Projectile zoning is an integral part of every SF game except 3 you fucking moron

Elena is best girl.

and 3 is the only fun street fighter
what a fucking coincidence

I've played it for 6 months, it's fucking terrible. It took like a gorillian patches to make the game so-so and that's all they managed to do

Like I said, you don't actually like SF at all if the only game in the series you like is the one that plays completely different. Make up your mind.

>constant fireball clashing in neutral
>"what if we didnt do that" says SF3
>AAAA STOP FULL SCREEN FIREBALLS ARE INTEGRAL TO SF

SF3 was also a flop that killed the franchise for 10 years.

>I-IT'S NOT STREET FIGHTER BECAUSE I SAID SO

Alpha 3

Seconding this post. 3s was good, in past tense. New better games have come out since. Let go of your old games grandpa.

it's not street fighter because it's full of rushdown, mixups and "reads" instead pure spacial control. classic street fighter is all about autistically figuring out what move beats what in different scenerios and having the execution to do proper reversals, OS and combos. No game with dashing is actual street fighter but at least 3 isn't some shitty hybrid.

Why would you ever ask this question on Yea Forums? Look at the quality of the responses in this thread for future reference. Unless you actually want mindless idiots parroting the arguments of others.

all characters with jank hurtboxes should be banned. Fuck small characters and fuck chuns crouching hurtbox.

no other game has charge partitioning
eat my fucking ass, I'll play whatever the fuck I want

Ultimate is better to watch and play than Melee. Melee is literally stockholm syndrome and forced circlejerking, the game.

The only street fighter game is unironically hyper fighting. Everything else is a failed imitation.

AHAHAHAHAHA holy fuck do you even play fighting games? Imagine thinking 7 isnt the most competent entry in this fucked series

youtube.com/watch?v=52e3LNOCEwg
looks like sf2 isn't street fighter either
go fuck yourself you absolute retard

Not really. The death of arcades is what killed Street Fighter for a decade.

Not even shilling tekken 7 is a fucking masterpiece. Its the most consistently entertaining to play/watch fighting game out right now

>people love 3 because it had poor zoning, rushdown, no neutral, and constant 50/50's
>people shit on 5 for the exact same reasons
Really makes you think

You dont play fighting games

Yes but I still prefer Alpha 2.

Tekken 7 I swear to fucking god

It's not. That distinction goes to T5DR.

i suck at fighting games and i've probably performed more parries

He was going for the OS sweep srk which beats vega's dive clean. He messed up the execution. This is a shit video because he wasn't helpless, it not that he had to guess an ambiguous crossup, he just fucked up his reversals because reversals SHOULD be hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=mwi-EZYO0TI

What? People shit on 5 because it's slow as fuck and because V-trigger sucks.

5's balance is fucked, and not in a "oh there's too many geese's in top 8" kinda way, but in an "oh steve has a mindless no walls required 0 to death combo"

Alpha 2 is the pinnacle of Street Fighter.

no its exactly because I play fighting games that I dislike these trash games.

What issues do you have with tekken 7 specifically? I'll just go ahead and grant inconsistent mid move hit boxes, those do exist.

alpha 2 is shallow and busted. alpha 1 is actually much better because the normals aren't as broken and is lacks braindead CCs. The chain combos aren't optimal and work well with the alpha counter system.

Tekken 5 (Vanilla) had a really fucking good Steve, but Tekken 5:DR(PS3) has some of the tightest balancing in not just Tekken, but in all fighting games.

>Capcom garbage
>best fighting game

Nice joke, cuckold.

Really good is an understatement but anyhow, you have to acknowledge the consistent spiral system of tekken 7 makes combos actually real now and they feel great

Not whack juggles with mids and jabs, not that bullshit "bound" state, but spirals, actual consistent parts of real combos

capcom has always been on another level when compared to all other fighting game devs. the autistic anime FGC got massively buttblasted when street fighter players started beating them in all their games before ignoring them as the kusoge they are.

There is no good fighting game

>XIII

Fuck no, you retards see half baked pretty sprites and decide to call it the best game ever.

Attached: Thekingoffighters98ultimatematchtrailer_2.jpg (850x1197, 256K)

Tekken 7 does a lot of things very well, I just prefer Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection.
Also, much like SF3S, I prefer playing Tekken at a mid level over a high level, so maybe that plays into it.

>needing frame perfect execution to escape oki GOOD = STREET FIGHTER
>being able to escape oki with a read BAD = NOT STREET FIGHTER

Attached: 1509841017617.gif (1221x1007, 142K)

shit janky movement, samey characters with no playstyle variety, crippled 3d movement, bloated movesets with tons of redundant shit, tacked on shit comeback mechanics.
its probably the worst fighting game released this gen.

dont waste energy on some shit tier attempt at a refutation.

I like CvS2 and MvC2 the most.

Attached: 1556317890787.gif (100x100, 23K)

that's not kofxi

correct. reads are just guessing which isn't a good foundation for competitive merit. You don't want randomness in games.

>Alpha 2 is the pinnacle of Street Fighter.
see me in it then

3rd Strike, MvC2, MKX are all kino. Smash, Tekken, and KOF are shit.

>decisions made on former options and evaluating risk reward
>d-dude it's just random lmao I LIKE having my games being completely solved and not having to think about what the other person is doing
I'm done replying to your fucking retarded ass jesus fucking christ

I dunno if its the best but I like Samurai Showdown VI a lot

>MKX
>Kino

Attached: 1565627911018.png (647x404, 67K)

I feel like 3s is a fantastic game plagued by bad balance. Unless you grind out every little thing about a character half the roster feels worse than day 1-tier shit that ken or chun does.

Lol no, but 3S is fucking great. I will still take pic related over it any day, but it, 3S, CVS2, KOF XI, and ausf.achse are all the first games that come to my mind.

Attached: Vampire_Savior_The_Lord_of_Vampire_Logo.png (383x208, 19K)

the correct answer is mvc. Doesn't matter which one

Attached: 1547428090277.gif (540x360, 1.62M)

It's not even the best Street Fighter

No. But a lot of blacks like it due to its "urban" soundtrack.

I love the OST and I'm not black though.

Street Figther Alpha 3 is better

Also, for me, its Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes

Attached: 61DsPJAa6+L._SY445_.jpg (322x445, 48K)

>play urien
>have no hit confirms
>entire game is me trying get stray hits while risking 30%+ of my life every button press and praying to god they do something retarded and hang themself so I can actually try to use aegis and also praying I don't get knocked down because I have no answer to pressure except a raw guess
>have to listen to these top tier abusing niggers bitch about aegis like they're working super hard for fucking anything they do
fuck 3rd strike and fuck the fucking faggot boomers and sjws that play it

Its good but, the best?, nah

Attached: 15784_front.jpg (500x697, 65K)

People are retards who jump into fireballs all day and can't quick stand. They don't realize Oro is just urien with way better normals and combos and setups that work on the whole cast.

That franchise is so underrated it hurts.

You have the template of this one?

yiff in hell furfag

You mean these? Here you go.
You can just erase mine and put in your own or something.

Attached: 1537593229832.png (1914x1382, 335K)

Go to hell, you fucking asshole. I don't give a shit about that. Those games were fun as fuck.

I respectfully disagree

>Inb4 MVC2 is better
This one and the first one were the best for me but for some reason i never fully get into the second one. Also, movesets and gameplay of the series peaked in 3

Attached: packshot-49fcbc5da262fc0673d3266e31a12d5f.jpg (500x713, 149K)

>you fucking asshole
Tranny furfag detected.

I went from mad to confused. So you lost.

whoom'st goom'st doom'st

Words just don't mean anything on Yea Forums anymore.
That said, I downloaded a Bloody Roar 2 ROM but i haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I might go do that if it's still any good. What am I in for?

KILL YOURSELF. Bloody Roar Extreme is a hell of a Great figthing game. Stop being an idiot and eat shit

Attached: 1564492777062.jpg (750x748, 47K)

finally someone who understands
oro is actual fucking cancer, fuck you stupid niggers parrying out of aegis is child's play compared to that stupid fuck and his gay fucking orbs
his setups also don't solely rely on a fucking 36 frame crouching move and retardedly precise execution
he also has a reversal, which can lead into his unblockable loop lmao
and this fucking faggot is still nothing compared to the top tier that link their one of ten supers off any of their fucking incredible buttons and have literally every tool imaginable and force you to not play the fucking game
dudley players are the only other fuckers I respect, because they have to put up with retards bitching about his mix-ups after they hung themselves against a character who literally can't do anything against lows except jump or guess parry
imagine losing neutral to a character like urien or dudley who only has 2 or 3 kind of usable neutral buttons and then bitching because you missed a fucking baby tier super confirm off your 4 frame unpunishable low forward and got hit on wakeup even though you have multiple reversal options and option selects that cover everything
fuck 3rd strike holy shit

bloody roar is a meme game shilled by furfags. All 3d fighters are trash.

2 was better in a lot of ways, namely no scaling x-factor. That is almost a game ruining feature. I also largely prefer the reset nature of 2 over the "if your point character doesn't tod it's shit" approach of 3. 3 is better balanced, has some cool characters, and stuff but I hate how they handled x-factor with a passion.

Attached: 1558269816944.webm (640x359, 2.93M)

what if marvel 3 had a baroque system like tvc? I feel like that'd be more interesting to watch.

don't have to go that far. Just making it not scale, maybe buffing it up to x-factor "1.5" in that case, would have been enough. That way it's not the insane comeback mechanic it's known for now, while still giving people down a character a fighting chance even with mvc's snowbally nature. X-factor is a decent idea but the way it scales by losing characters is cancer

>tfw still want to pick up this game
I keep meaning to go back and practice Dante combos in training mode. Funny how I've seen Dante combos about a thousand times now but my mind draws a blank whenever thinking about Dante BnBs to practice.

Ultimate is boring as fuck to watch, what are you smoking?