Im sure this game has been talked to death already but im not a frequent browser so pls dont bully

im sure this game has been talked to death already but im not a frequent browser so pls dont bully

is this game like dark souls :DD

Attached: remnant-from-the-ashes.jpg (770x433, 52K)

It's been SHILLED to death already, and your post isn't helping.
Congrats, not only am I no longer buying this shit, now I'm pirating it.

Attached: 1509841017617.gif (1221x1007, 142K)

I'm actually surprised that most people haven't mentioned that they ripped a good 50% of the assets from this game directly from their VR title, Chronos. They claimed that remnant is a sequel to Chronos except that the storylines make no sense together and there is nothing that links the two except the shared assets. Chronos was a pretty bold game that had a lot of unique features to set it apart gameplay wise, Remnant is just a boring game that has mechanics that have been used over and over again across many different games.

rude

I’ve played a couple hours solo. It’s okay.

Some parts do seem balanced around the co-op though, but the lack of resources lost on death means its not a huge deal. The only boss I’ve fought so far was just one of the special enemies with exploding minions that spawned constantly, hopefully the other bosses have more effort put into them.

>The only boss I’ve fought so far was just one of the special enemies with exploding minions that spawned constantly,
>hopefully the other bosses have more effort put into them.
Oh it's all like that and it fucking sucks. You're either defending a point from enemies or you're fighting a boss with 1 or 2 moves tops who constantly spawns either charging or exploding enemies until you or the boss is dead.

This game is barely like dark souls
But it is lots of fun with friends

Attached: 1518558404377.jpg (818x798, 159K)

if a game needs friends to be fun, then its bad. i can make watching a dog take a shit fun with friends

i only watched people play it and to be fair i found it pretty boring actually
i have no idea why there is so many people playing it
gets better on the late game or something?

Man, I guess Left 4 dead is just shit then.

what if i don't have friends

The game is okay but sometimes it's can be fucking bullshit

What is this game? Is it multiplayer focused, cause if so i dont care. MP games are for retards

Not sure user, haven't been in that situation. Sorry

Its more like bizzarro Resident Evil with randomly generated maps. Its pretty good but it sorely lacks content. It feels like it should have some kind of roguelite system, where you try to see how far you can get with one life or something, or just dungeon through an endless sprawl with bosses every few floors or something. I think they even mentioned that that is the next update, that they will be adding a new game mode.

What is going to make or break this game is the subsequent updates of new content, if they cost anything this game is pretty bad, there just isnt enough content for an otherwise solid 3rd person shooter, and honestly, I dont see them releasing the new content for free, sadly.

I had a lot of fun playing it. Whether you play solo or with others, it is relatively the same experience because there is no chat system, which is still odd to me. It is not for everyone though, so watch some videos of it before getting (or pirate)

thats right

Attached: 1513122847473.gif (130x129, 17K)

another multiplayer game with no chat system: Anthem.

>The one dude in the that doesn't have friends so he shits on everything.
I feel bad, do you wanna be friends user?

Attached: 1557697824188.gif (1000x1011, 387K)

i dont know how to talk to people

damn
it's not fair bros, i keep missing good games

Thats okay, the game doesn't have a chat. We can just be vidya bros

>tfw there's a chance L4D was "developed" by a dog and bystanders had fun watching it

i have not found a single reason to give a shit about remnant's story
way too many textdumps here and there, some of which are FAR too long for this type of game

>All multiplayer focused games are made by gods
>Therefore they're shit and can only be enjoyed with friends
Holy fuck

Attached: 1523686026949.gif (57x50, 26K)

>is this game like dark souls
Yes but not to the point that people meme it to be. The major similarities
>checkpoints reset enemies in the area
>limited-use healing item that refills upon resting
>heavy emphasis on iframe dodging with rolls and backsteps
>melee system is almost identical similar, but without blocking/parrying
>story that's only there if you look for it, or you can just go from place to place and kill bosses
It's VERY similar to Warframe. To the point I'd even say it's more like Warframe than Dark Souls.
Really good either way. Not GOTY, but I'm enjoying it.
I've only played solo and I love it so far. If the enemy density was increased and the walking time reduced I could see it being tons of fun with co-op too.
I liked the early-game, but yeah, it gets better late-game when the RPG mechanics come into play, builds open up and you can assemble a kit of magic/melee/armor/guns around a playstyle.

The coolest thing I've noticed so far is that there are ways around content that might be more or less violent.
One time I had a boss give me stuff I would have gotten from killing him because I talked to his dad and remembered his motivations.
Another time I was able to skip an entire planet because I elected to do a boss fight I was completely underleveled for and had to do almost perfectly. Took me about 50 tries until I mastered it. Best fight of the game so far.

Attached: bonedad.jpg (400x400, 49K)

> if they cost anything this game is pretty bad, there just isnt enough content for an otherwise solid 3rd person shooter, and honestly, I dont see them releasing the new content for free, sadly.
They've confirmed the new game mode is going to be free and will keep patching/rebalancing. It's only been out a little more than a week and they've done 3 or 4 updates.
Future expansions with bosses/weapons/levels will likely be paid though.

I thought this shit would be a decent lootan & shootan time killer but it's just shit. I haven't swapped off the starting Hunting Rifle all the way to the jungle realm and traits don't fucking matter at all. At least in a Souls/like I'd have a satisfying weapon or a dumpy ass build that I could fuck around with.

the gameplay is excellent
it can be hard but not as infuriating as Dark Souls

Lmao okay
Who cares

>it's the /Dark Souls with Guns/ episode