Is this really as good as people say it is? Loved every other DKC game, even DKC returns...

Is this really as good as people say it is? Loved every other DKC game, even DKC returns. Not sure if this is worth $50 though.

Attached: 517C3B32-9C3E-42FA-9E45-3D9873290931-75493-00005EA76D469535.jpg (616x353, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o92S2YsarnI
youtu.be/JFP4wn0dejc
youtu.be/yOwf-GdGEko
youtu.be/zWckr41oNCc
youtube.com/watch?v=95HuSMQSUVo
youtube.com/watch?v=gvZPTV7mG8A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I dropped it at the water world. It's a fine platformer, offers decent challenge, but I hate the music direction.

Awful taste.

It's the best Donkey Kong game

>Is this really as good as people say it is?
Yes
>Not sure if this is worth $50 though.
Pirate it then, it's the best game Nintendo has put out since Galaxy 2 at least. You're really missing out if you don't play it.

I bought if for $20 on the Wii U and I thought it was pretty good. Music, difficulty and aesthetics are a noticeable step up from Returns.

Attached: 1566805744787.jpg (749x743, 96K)

If new super wahoo bing bing everylevel is the fucking same mario bros can cost $60

This game blows it out of the fucking water and is a steal in comparison, it's ABSOLUTELY worth it

It's one of the best platformers of the decade.
You're truly missing out if you don't play.

The best pure platforming games of this generation is Tropical Freeze and Rayman Legends

Don't miss it, ESPECIALLY if you liked past DKC games

>I hate the music direction.
what the fuck are you talking about

I've been a hardcore DKC fan my whole life. I couldn't believe it when this game actually managed to top the original trilogy. It's easily my favorite game of all time.
>Every level is memorable
>The music is some of the best in video game history and fits each level perfectly
>The enemies are just as memorable as the Kremlins
>There are plenty of levels
>Each level can be played on hard mode as well as a speedrun mode
This is easily one of the greatest platformers ever made. If I lost every copy I own then I'd gladly cough up $100 for it.

It's physically impossible to have taste this bad.

Attached: DlsSjRQXgAYxA3a.jpg (792x592, 117K)

youtube.com/watch?v=o92S2YsarnI

Don't mind me! I'm just busy having an actual soul.

Attached: jkgk.gif (260x146, 527K)

>Is this really as good as people say it is?
Yes. It's the best game in the entire series and even better than DKC2.

Got it for around $30. It's a great single-player platformer, co-op isn't that good in it. I found that it grew on me: world 1 I thought it was a meh game, by world 2 I got used to the way DK moves and thought it was a good game, world 3 (specifically level 4 - scorch & torch) I thought it was a great game, and by world 4 it became an amazing game.

I especially loved the music: David Wise, the classic DK Country composer, returns and is joined by Kenji Yamamoto, the composer for Metroid Prime.
youtu.be/JFP4wn0dejc
youtu.be/yOwf-GdGEko
youtu.be/zWckr41oNCc

DKCTF > DKC2 > DKCR > DKC1 > DKC3

Attached: 1566055124821.png (380x400, 123K)

mmm
youtube.com/watch?v=95HuSMQSUVo

DKJB>all

I'd put 3 higher and Returns lower.

No one ever mentions this, but the music for the sawmill/mine cart levels actually adapt to the stage itself.
youtube.com/watch?v=gvZPTV7mG8A

DKC returns already did that with music madness

Attached: 20190812_024536945_iOS.jpg (860x576, 83K)

I've only ever played that one once. It doesn't appeal to me as much as the other games.