There are people who defend fallout 3

>there are people who defend fallout 3

Attached: 1447149185670.jpg (600x480, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZQz91Cx0Ato
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>fallout 3: where's my dad
>fallout 4: where's my son
>bonus round: in fallout 4 your son is called 'father'
BRAVO BETHESDA

they were underage when they played.i think to get rid of bethesdas cancer we need to admit nothing good has come from them

Fallout 3 is good. It's actually fun and enjoyable to play, unlike the entirety of Fallout 4. Fallout 3 is the Oblivion of Bethesda fallout games.

So,

2>New Vegas>3>1>4

>Fallout 5
where's my will to live?

Get off my website and go back to plebbit

I actually forgot the context of this intelligence check, isn't it your character throwing out a witty mark basically saying ''so you do fucking nothing''

Attached: SL-Cloak.png (800x800, 532K)

Ad hominimlydingdong to you too reddit

No he's piecing together Three Dog's "we wuz fightin da good fite n shiet on da radio" rambling

god i wish could make a video to dab on f3gs

ah well fucking lol

Switch 1 and 3 and I'm right there.

>fallout NV: I don't care about any of this

1 is to janky to play desu. You are better off reading a synopsis if you don't have the time to play it like I do

I played it back in 99.The only reason I didn't put it equal to NV was the time limit.

I enjoyed Fallout 3 more than the others. That moment when you first step outside of the vault at the start was priceless.

It's 'fun' like nu Simpsons is 'fun'.
Bethesda should do 40k instead of fucking up fallout further.

I beat it in 2001. Now a days I just don't have the time to play it unless I do a ridiculous perfect run

Right. Thats why you chase down benny for shooting you in the head.

who

Fallout 3 was Bush fatigue - the game, so much even that constitutionalist replies were considered the "lefty" response to a bunch of NPC's, i.e. talking to the Enclave dude in Megaton

Fallout 1 vs Fallout 2 is purely subjective and depends if you value atmosphere and more immersive cohesive story vs actual content worth more than 10 hours of playtime

do you ever turn off?

I think you’re an NPC.

>story would be about finding a reason to stay alive in the wasteland
Too deep for bethesda

You act as if NMA hasn't already covered F3's bizarre politics, let alone years of Yea Forums

Attached: Fo3_Tenpenny_Tower.jpg (1680x1050, 584K)

I unironically liked fallout 3. The atmosphere was great and i just had a good time playing

It's not as good as the other fallout games but is still a good game

I want it
and you have to manage a sanity member or you just collapse over with the screen going black

>member
meter

Fallout 3's atmosphere and tone would work great with a survival mode imo

i had fun with all three, though i have no desire to ever play fo3 again.

Fallout 3 isn't good, but what's so bad about this dialogue in particular?

Is it me or is Bethesda advocating for single parent families?

FO3 was my first bethesda/fallout game so i know my opinion is skewed but it is at least a decent game with some cool moments.
a city of ghouls in an underground museum called underworld
a city on a old beached war ship
a forest hidden in the wasteland
a town of children
and its vaults could a lot of fun too Gary

>Fallout 5
>looking for your child that has become trans

Still better than Fallout 4.

Don't forget about how the BoS had to be changed into some neoliberal order of Paladins in order to make them seem more "good", where the BoS that's ACTUALLY like the BoS is presented as crazy and unhinged survivalists. F3 goes out of it's way to put you in scenarios where you and others point and laugh at how uneducated and regressive the setting is (in a Fallout game), as anything other than lawful-good causes 3 DAWG to whine about you, like, there is a literal not-Blackwater death squad that ambushes you every 20 mins. for being a good person

Andale is pretty low-hanging fruit, but at least one designer had their hands down their pants during development

Attached: Talon_Company_CA1.jpg (3600x3000, 1.45M)

What do they eat tho

>NMA
what is this?
Also something I do really appreciate about Fallout 3 is how often it portrays a revolution by a legitimately oppressed underclass as actually the worst practical option
If it came out today lefties would hate it and bethesdas guts

1>3>NV>Tactics>2>4

No Mutants Allowed, depending on if Yea Forums loves or hates fallout, they're either autists who think tabletop peaked at GURPS, or bastions of light for saying radical things like "Fallout 4 is bad". Most people gave F3 a pass because they had a year-long temper tantrum over it

>NOOOOO NEW GAME BAD! THE OLD GAME HAD GRAYT DIALATION AND MUH GRAYT RITING!

Attached: tumblr_p3pqxrKUCj1u6xqm6o1_1280.jpg (637x624, 116K)

It's way better than 4, that's for damn sure. The world and npc's felt more real and there was a sense of danger everywhere you went.

Edit: Forgot to mention the DLC for 3 was dank.

And the American Nazis

>where the BoS that's ACTUALLY like the BoS is presented as crazy and unhinged survivalists.
really feel like your over thinking it or thats a pasta
the outlaws are assholes but there cool and they wont start shit unless you do.

Attached: Outcast.jpg (1280x720, 242K)

[Intelligence] So you fight the Good Fight with your inane posts on Yea Forums.

did all the intelligent deathclaws got wiped out on FO2?
i remember that the enclave on FO3 were using deathclaws as a weapon like they intended on FO2, but no signs of intelligent deathclaws

i never played FO4

Attached: file.png (300x225, 155K)

why was he so cute

>really feel like your over thinking it
If they were trying to play it ambiguous, there's way too much flavor chatter in the Citadel about how the Outcasts are horrible monsters for hoarding tech and not helping the entire wasteland for some reason. Lyons also just kinda shrugs over the fact they exist beyond "I guess I understand them, but that's it, also - WE'RE the brotherhood"

There's also the fact they're straight-up evil NPC's as far as the engine is concerned, and Lawbringer is triggered from killing them. As a cherry on top, they have the standard bad-guy black & red armor

Attached: Fallout_3_Outcast_Power_Armor.png (498x827, 333K)

Now this is based

[Speech] there's no point in a game having muh great writing and great dialogue if you sequester it behind primitive, ass-backwards CRPG mechanics from 20+ years ago.
Unless, of course, it's meant to filter out anyone whom you don't want in your pretentious super sekrit club.

I feel sorry for him if the vault 13 massacre ending is canon
he is going to be forever an outcast, with no home nor family

Attached: file.png (400x311, 94K)

The only good thing about vanilla F3 is that virtual simulation vault.

why are you lying about playing tactics

>[Speech] there's no point in a game having muh great writing and great dialogue if you sequester it behind primitive, ass-backwards CRPG mechanics from 20+ years ago.
>Unless, of course, it's meant to filter out anyone whom you don't want in your pretentious super sekrit club.

Those crpg mechanics from 20+ years ago are more sophisticated than games made today, moron.

Attached: 13294304043.jpg (914x400, 122K)

Yeah and 8x as buggy.

>more sophisticated
>>>r/IAmSoSmart
Bet you also think Bear Bull Courier Divide is deep writing.

>hate newspaper

I was with you except for "neoliberal"- how is the BoS in Fallout 3 "neoliberal"? do you even know what that means?
and how the fuck is talon company or whatever they are called an allegory for Blackwater? Is every mercenary group in a post apocalyptic game a subtle jab at Blackwater to you?
They're not even called Blackwater anymore, they're called Academi.

>there are people who hate fallout 3

Attached: fallout3.png (1295x722, 1.2M)

nothing is as buggy as bethesda games.
>no argument

Basically everyone who played it as an adult

nice
three dog is basically the average Yea Forums shitposter - saying retarded shit and then lala'ing people away with seethe and cope etc and delusionally thinking they are in the right or winning the argument this way.

>fallout 76: where's my players

I long to finally get to play open world rpgs where you can just break your way into everything if you have the right tools.
why can't i just blow open the door with a grenade or rocket launcher?

He said also posting no argument to my response. Thanks for the surrender

All fallout games are trash

Imagine rebelling when there's literally nothing left to rebel against.

Here's a few arguments for you:
>be Vault Dweller
>talking with Butch Harris
>he thinks a deathclaw is killing caravaneers
>I tell him it doesn't sound too bad
>"what? You calling me a pussy? Well FUCK YOU!"
>gets aggro'd
On another occasion
>fighting a raider
>miss with a shotgun from point blank
>he kills me in one hit with brass knuckles while I'm armored
And don't say muh dice roll. Dice roll combat is shit if you're not playing a tabletop RPG.

>pretentious
All you have to do is not be a retard, but that's asking too much of you and many like you.
Because if you played those older crpgs you would realize how dumbed down and stripped down your typical rpg has become and you wouldn't be calling them primitive.
Particularly Bethesda's.

The FROST mod for FO4 has exactly that

defend fo3 then. what makes it better than interplay's fallout?
none of that matters because the story and writing is bad.
>Dice roll combat is shit
I'll take dice roll mechanics over fo3's awful shooting.

Was this the best final boss in the series?

Attached: based.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

>eden
>"you're just an abortion of science. deactivate yourself"
>"okay"

>master
>"i discovered actual evidence that your super-mutants are all sterile and your plan for a master race will be limited to a single generation"
>"oh fuck, I didn't know. how could I have been so blind?!"
Definitely.

have they finally added NPCs/quests, or is it still "you shoot at everything that moves"?

New vegas > 2 > 1 > Bethesda "games"

>transforms into a blob of Spaghetti
>somehow makes it from Mariposa to LA
>there's no proof muties carried him there.
>super mutants can't reproduce
>"okay, I can't just keep some human cattle around to me made into muties later or anything like that, guess I'll die"
Pulitzer Prize writing there, Hemingway.

Nice deflection. My original comment was (if you bother to read) was that 1 is too janky and lengthy to play for a busy modern adult. As for defending 3, it's very nice for a pick up and play 30 min Game. It's beauty IS in its simplicity. Easy to follow stories mixing horror/sci-fi/and even comedy lets many different taste enjoy the game

the whole point was to make humans obsolete, if he still needs humans at all his unity isn't the utopia he envisioned
he doesn't want to keep people as cattle because he legitimately believes he's the good guy and that by dipping cattle he is uplifting them

Fallout 3 was such a tremendously UGLY game. I don't know how people could spend dozens, if not hundreds of hours in that green and gray mess of puke. Say what you will about Fallout 4, and hell, even 76, but they showed you could have a appealing environmental design even in a 'wasteland.'

>Tenpenny is a piece of shit with ghouls in general
>the ghouls wanting to get inside of the tower are crazy lunatics
>assassinate Tenpenny
>kill the stupid ghouls
And no fucks were given that day

"squirrels"

Name one other game where I can run around with a Browning M2, fire once and cause the entire screen to explode into gore. I didn't fucking think so, you god damn retard. Tactics is a masterfully crafted piece of shit.

>the world will look pretty post-SHTF
>Implying the Master would ever let such a secret out in his new world
>implying he wouldn't base it all on a lie

>1 is too janky and lengthy to play for a busy modern adult
it is not as evident by all the actual adults who still play it. you're just underaged.
>It's beauty IS in its simplicity.
there are better games for that.

>fallout NV: I'm gonna fucking murder that asshole who shot me in the head and stole my package

the master wouldn't care if anyone else knew, because he would know that his whole unity was a lie and that's exactly what he doesn't want
he'd rather be dead than live in an imperfect world so that's what he does

>the world will look pretty post-SHTF

200 years after the post-apocalypse? Yeah, actually. It'll look pretty good. Fallout made it look like the bombs dropped just yesterday.

It's the same reason TES is so loved, but it's even worse with Fallout.

There is literally not one other exploration based first person shooter/RPG on the market. STALKER is the closest, but the only RPG element in that is having an inventory. You don't even level up.

No u and I have seen better? Nice argument I guess. I will find someone else

>>the world will look pretty post-SHTF
after 200+ years yes

Fallout 3, specifically.

>Fallout 3 made it look like the bombs dropped just yesterday
That's what made the game for me. I enjoyed the sickly green desperation and feeling of being alone in a hostile, unforgiving world. And a global thermonuclear war will fuck up the planet for centuries to come.

I guess you could try to make the argument that D.C. being the capital of the U.S. was heavily carpet bombed with nukes to the extent that it became a permanent wasteland in of itself

It was better than FO4 and BoS. That's all the positive I can give it.

Attached: 1437856942940.jpg (900x900, 64K)

It absolutely would not.
Rivers would be rad free and drinkable within a couple decades, and with no humans fucking up the atmosphere climate change would immediately begin to reverse.

M8, you literally have a natural reserve going on in Chernobyl a mere 30 years after the accident. Life is bustling over there.

>BRAVO BETHESDA
>Point Lookout: Find my daughter
>Far Harbor: Find my daughter
plot twist: They're both good DLCs

Attached: 2211924-1478446873.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

I'm about to reinstall FO3 because of nostolgia, haven't played it since it launched. I just have to install a CD drive on my desktop first since I neglected to when I changed cases last year.

Attached: s-l1600 (7).jpg (750x844, 57K)

Point Lookout: Soul
Far Harbor: soulless

>what is this?
no mutants allowed, a group wholly dedicated to hating every fallout game because they're incels

I always assumed vault 87 was the reason why d.c. was such a wasted hellhole full of radiation, since it's literally DRENCHED and SPEWING radiation

Attached: 1483249175769.jpg (264x292, 28K)

>Far Harbor: soulless
you didn't play it then

Attached: 1474556514949.jpg (1920x1080, 951K)

>fallout 3: where's my dad
>fallout 4: where's my son
>fallout 76: where's my refund?

>So

Attached: 1549226928076.png (446x435, 81K)

DC was shit because of how hard it got hit. Most of the Vaults in the area were subject to extreme experiments to such a degree most of them died. People never left their Vaults to repopulate the area and 87 was chugging out corrupted Super muties at a huge rate.

Then explain Vegas and New England.

New Vegas was barely hit at all

Attached: 1454082411124.jpg (1920x1080, 1003K)

It's a redux of Point Lookout.
>find my daughter
>conflict on island
>cult jackasses
>trip balls
>???
>DLC
and then there was that sequence where you use the base building mechanic to be a 1337 h4x3R, which was as enjoyable as a root canal.

>I just have to install a CD drive on my desktop first since I neglected to when I changed cases last year.
If you own the game, there is nothing legally or morally wrong about downloading a torrent instead of doing that.

>hasn't even played NV
It's explained in the game that House erected some sort of defense system that protected the city from the Nukes.

>Most of the Vaults in the area were subject to extreme experiments to such a degree most of them died
When was this made canon again? Was it present in 1/2, or not until BoS?

I don't think you understand my question. Why the hell does it look like such garbage centuries after the war if it was first, barely targeted and second, more heavily defending during the nukes?

The argument was that DC is still in ruins because it got hit harder. So why the hell does Vegas and New England look just as bad?

>When was this made canon again? Was it present in 1/2, or not until BoS?
I have no idea, but bethesda seems to have this hardon for evil vault-tec stuff

>can convince President Eden that he has to die without any skill or speech checks

Is there a worse "talking down the villain" moment in Fallout? Event hat lead Enclave scientist on the oil rig at least required a ton of dialogue options before he decides to kill everyone.

The Mojave today looks exactly like the Mojave in New Vegas

Attached: 1558372488539.png (326x320, 81K)

>Why the hell does it look like such garbage centuries after the war if it was first, barely targeted and second, more heavily defending during the nukes?
Bethesda doesn't know how long 200 years is. But if you believe the rumors, 3 went through rewrites with one of the original scripts being set 50 years after the bombs

New Vegas looks bad? what the hell are you talking about. There are people living in flats and electricity everywhere.

The whole perverted science theme is pretty cool though

3 was Science Fantasy and new Vegas went traditional sci-fi

I just don't like torrents. My ISP called me several years ago and told me to 'cut it out, seriously bro' so I did. One of my buddies pays for a VPN but it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

>can convince President Eden that he has to die without any skill or speech checks
do you even play it? you need speech, or a high enough science skill, or the ZAX code to get him to do it

because grenades while destructive are more about shooting tiny bits of metal everywhere like a hundred guns going off in every direction from the point of explosion, but the RPG you are correct about.

How is 3 and NV on xbone x?

It's fun

>can't join the Enclave
>must help the BoS
>forced to fight the Enclave for the entire story and Broken Steel
>randomly get the option to blow up the BoS at the end of Broken Steel
>still can't actually help the Enclave

Enclave hate needs to stop.

oh shut the fuck up, fun is fun, nigger

>I completely dumped END and thought that wearing armor would make up for the fake I'm wet tissue paper beneath it
And yes user, whenever you tell another person their circumstances are inconsequential even if people are literally dying to caravan raids they will react poorly, you fucking fedora lord.

Fallout 5: where's my daughter-wife?

ultra based

government bad :(

I just pretend the hardcore mode from Vegas is in 3, I've never been able to find a mod that added it surprisingly. The game is so much better when you actually dedicate yourself to a roleplay.

They'll only come after you after you kill one of their own or piss off someone like Mr Burke or Tenpenny. They don't just come for you for having high karma, but you have to have high karma for them to come.

I don't understand why people are so bothered by that door in 3. It was obviously done as a little joke. If there was something similar in 1 or 2 I'm sure you people would find it funny.

Brahmin meat

Bullshit, and you know it.

He only became full blob after he had already settled in LA. Pay more attention next time.

>If there was something similar in 1 or 2 I'm sure you people would find it funny.
THIS.
>ahahahahaha look! A broken door you can't open! What great humor! What grayt riting!

2 doesn't let you climb over anything so you just need to post an image of the Chosen One standing behind a knee high fence for the same effect.

good, Todd said because it ran at 4k on the xbone that he won't remaster it

They used some kind of device to control them, it was strapped to their heads.

>Enclave hate needs to stop.
If the Enclave had any sort of moderation they'd be an unstoppable force.

Attached: Enclave world wide.png (900x624, 532K)

It's not because that's the only door like that in the game

Fallout 4 has a lot of the same beats Fallout 3 had in general.

what ISP, how did the convo go, any other details?

this. bethesda is so fucking retarded.
sadly, there is so much nuclear tourism irl though. makes me think how we are closer to Fallout universe than we'd like. And then grocery stores sell mushrooms from belarus too. sure, they're probably clean but that's the place that was hit the hardest by radiation.

>There is literally not one other exploration based first person shooter/RPG on the market.

EYE Divine Cybermancy but it's not what I would call totally exploration based myself.

One thing I like more about Fallout 3 than 2 is the fact that you are no longer a random tribal and instead from a vault again (tho you were technically born outside). Chosen One was always the least believable character for any build that isn't UNGA strength.

>random tribal with 100%+ science or enough knowledge to pass the Vault City test

>Don't forget about how the BoS had to be changed into some neoliberal order of Paladins in order to make them seem more "good", where the BoS that's ACTUALLY like the BoS is presented as crazy and unhinged survivalists

Don't pretend like you know what the original BoS was like. As much as Fallout 3 fucks up a lot of things, the DC BoS's motives were fitting and were always alluded to since the events before F1.

what's it with Bethesda and implementing children and childhood themes so much anyway?

HATE GOOD FIGHT

>what's it with Bethesda and implementing children and childhood themes so much anyway?
easy to emotionally bait the player into caring

>HATE

Attached: 1512759980678.jpg (1920x1080, 447K)

>3 above NV

gay

go to bed, Todd.
your lies have no power here.

>that screenshot

Todd can suck a fat one.

It's like he hates money, a Fallout 3 Remaster would print cash

Attached: 26251-0-1503679655.png (1920x1080, 2.43M)

I liked it. I played it as a teenager back when it came out and loved exploring the world. Of course now when I go back to it I can clearly see the problems with the writing and other things in general so I won't defend that, but I will stand by my thoughts of it being fun to explore.
I feel that's the biggest problem with Bethesda fallouts, they're fun to explore around in and do some shooting gameplay but the story and quests are usually boring. You would think that after seeing how New Vegas handled things like mixing the fps/rpg elements and good writing Bethesda would take notes and expand on that for Fallout 4, but instead it ended up being another game that's fun to explore and shoot but that's about it.

Attached: 500_F_249957002_S6pnuHwBbbNNghL0by9muVgGnbOMxgRG.jpg (500x334, 38K)

REEEEEEEEEE STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE! NO! NO! NO! YOU'RE KILLING MUH VIDYA TOYS!

he clearly fucking hates RPGs as well because skills get less and less with each TES release.

>finish nu thing
>look up older entries/source material
>realize nu thing is kind of shit
it’s not the first time I’ve been through that.

The tribe still has to interact with merchants and others from outside settlements of they aren't all going to be fucking unga bunga 20 iq.

>he clearly fucking hates RPGs as well because skills get less and less with each TES release.
I think that's more to do with appeal to a larger audience. Diamond City was so small because retards in the Bethesda Forums claimed that they kept getting lost in Rivet City.

I don't know man that radiation is coming from somewhere

Attached: sketch-1566948865984.png (1106x1080, 1.7M)

to be fair, RC was mostly just corridors

>to be fair
there were signs on every corner telling you which way to go

>I think that's more to do with appeal to a larger audience

yep, that's right.
they want the EA madden normie audience.

>retards in the Bethesda Forums claimed that they kept getting lost in Rivet City.

lol. that explains why Solitude in Skyrim is practically a village.

Yeah and in fallout 1 you are stopped by waist high fences and are limited by the game map.
Don't pretend fallout 1 didn't have bullshit game design either.

They're not gonna be big brains either.

>the DC BoS's motives were fitting
What in the world

I don't remember which it was back then, they get bought out so often. It became Time Warner and now it's Spectrum.

Back when I was a teenager I used torrents all the time. Every month or two our ISP would suddenly cut our houses' internet off, and when you called them to complain they'd say that they detected someone sending thousands of spam e-mails or something from our IP address. Very puzzling. You'd just have to call them and ask them to turn it back on and that was it.

Well one day I came home and the internet was out so I called them, said something like 'yeah you turned off our internet because of the spam emails again, please turn it back on,' and the service person was like 'Uhh, no, we cut your internet because of copyright infringement claim on a file labeled 'STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl.' My shit about froze solid in my colon. Haven't used a torrent since then.

>fallout 5: where's my wife's son

the guy who shot you in the head

Attached: 1550276790566.jpg (800x600, 198K)

>lol. that explains why Solitude in Skyrim is practically a village.
that and the X360 and PS3 could barely contain the game in its memory limit. Compare vanilla Skyrim on PC and then look at consoles. Consoles are missing a shit ton of enemies, NPCs, textures, and even graphic effects to prevent the game from being a huge mess

Attached: Fosworn.png (1576x886, 2.06M)

1>NV>3>2>4

Name 1 thing 3 did better than NV in terms of gameplay

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel > the rest

This, it was slightly confusing to navigate because it was a tight steel labyrinth.

TES started as a tabletop RPG so I think it’s quite clear he likes them. More likely people act like idiots and don’t understand all the skills straight away so they feel the need to “”streamline” by combining multiple skills into one. They just didn’t know when to stop. Oblivion was close enough to just improve but nope they did it again.

Say what you want about Fallout 3, but at least it was an RPG. Bet most of you didn't even know that, if you have low Karma and talk to Moira about her project, your character just assumes she wants you to kill someone, before she even explains what the job is. It had a lot of little dialogue moments like this where you could flesh out your character. So yeah, as retarded as its main story is, and as wacky as its side characters can be, Fallout 3 was at least true to its genre. In an ideal world I wouldn't even have to point this out, since Fallout 4 would have been years better, but sadly I do. If you're gonna pick on a Fallout game, you have your hands full to the brim with newer entries

Going to be honest. Fallout: New Vegas was far too complicated and it was hard for me too keep up with the differing agendas and many other people, with Fallout 3, you have your singular villain and it's fucking awesome hunting them down and killing them and the dramatic moment where ''dad'' kills himself to save you, hits home.. even all these years later.

With Fallout New Vegas it's x politicals ambition vs guys with non direct motives,

Nah, just aint good, nor suits a proper story driven game, if you want politics go read a book, like the expanse.

>If you're gonna pick on a Fallout game, you have your hands full to the brim with newer entries
even the older entries like BoS had problems, it's also weird how much love Tactics gets with its take on the BoS, but bethesda gets shit on for their take

interesting thanks
i wonder how they detect that shit

Now this is bait

>muj peeexeeeee
Idiot

Haven't played fallout 3, I did play fallout new vegas, went blind not expecting much, played on hardcore cause why not, combat, bugs and crashes are annoying, role playing elements are satisfying.

CRINGE

it's actually Colonel Autumn

Colonel Autumn sounds like my fucking grandpa

Well your choices are;
- The Master
- Frank Horrigan
- Colonel Autumn
- Legate Lanius
- [Error: Fallout 4 Final Boss Missing]

Overally I'd say Lanius and Horrigan beat out The Master for intimidation factor although the background of the Master and his general personality push him above them. Honestly it's kind of disappointing Fallout Games don't really have conventional bosses at times, since most are just giant/reskinned enemies or a standard character, would be cool to seem some real monsters of the wasteland as forces of nature to overcome.

Is your grandpa at least smarter than Colonel Autumn was?

Yes

fo3 was pretty fun to explore because of how much of a dead wasteland the map really was, but fallout 4's map was shit and i felt like blowing my brains out every time it started raining. And it rains way too much in fo4.
the only fun things i remember about fallout 4 is the gunplay and home customizing.

You forgot the Scorchbeast

Hey man, FO3 has a more comfy atmosphere than NV.

You mean Alduin?

dude atmosphere lmao

Attached: 1566703140315.gif (200x182, 1.45M)

Comfy? I never got this, DC wasteland is a green wasteland desert with a few settlements, the Mojave is an orange wasteland desert with a few settlements but people like to pretend that DC is somehow the better setting.

FO3 is this scattering of settlements and ruins, while NV is this big interconnected world; in 3 it feels like I'm wandering the wastes discovering shit no one has seen since the bombs fell; in NV it doesn't feel like discovery in a wasteland, it feels like being lost in a shithole. NV is better tho

I would really like to see the games go to either one of two settings in the future;
1) The bombed-to-shit wasteland of Fallout 1 where there is variation in terrain and biomes but everything is dying or dead.
2) A Verdant Mess, a place that shows that nature is taking back over the old territory, having thrived in the absence of humans in some sort of urban jungle, if they canonize Florida then that'd be an easy choice for that.

No matter how shitty the game is, the fact is that the Vault 112 sidequest is amazing. How did something that good make it into the game? It's crazy how much of a contrast exists between it and the rest of the game.

its the interiors and the metro tunnels I think, but while I share the sentiment that the game is comfy (although not moreso than NV) it was a while ago I played it

Attached: file.png (1324x942, 535K)

Who is the biggest liar in the industry?

Attached: jared.jpg (226x190, 10K)

>games successor has more content than the previous one
stop the presses

pete hines

Some of those Bethesda quests are literally just hand over scrap metal for caps. There is like 2 of those quests there and church donations is the same but with caps instead.

>DUDE SCORCHBEASTS ARE DRAGONS
and thus the radbat design was fucked

Attached: 300px-FO4_Radbat.png (300x357, 106K)

They literally are reskinned skyrim dragons

i know that but i still wanted giant radioactive bats or maybe even a scorched General to take control of the scorched horde instead of the failure that is the queen scorchedbeast

>>games successor has more content than the previous one
explain bethesda games then

>pete hines
I feel like he just regurgitates Todd's words.

should have had more insects that weren't just cannonfodder

one can dream

Attached: Vault22.jpg (1920x1080, 388K)

i've been playing through FO3 for the first time, and i can't shake the feeling that i've just missed something. outside of the good/evil/neutral split, it feels like you're locked into the character Bethesda wants you to play rather than giving you the freedom to choose that for yourself. there's next to no incentive for exploration, because all the sidequests (some of which are actually pretty decent) are easily found, and there's not enough unique loot for that to be the driving force of exploration. Bethesda's writing is at its worst, which leaves the motivation of lore out of the picture, as well as leaving the MQ a meandering mess aside from a few late game missions. DLC, aside from the Pitt, has been absolute shit. though i do still have Point Lookout, which i'm sure i'll enjoy.

i've had fun with the game but i really fail to see any lasting appeal and can't say i see myself replaying it, and certainly not any time soon.

Explore more user, he's waiting...

Attached: Dunwich_building.jpg (1680x1050, 598K)

And Skyrim's werewolves are just reskinned deathclaws, which are reskinned scalons.
Typical Bethesda really.

Attached: scalon.jpg (550x763, 91K)

If it was hit so hard how come so many landmarks are still standing?

i have heard about this, and i am interesting. waiting to stumble upon it for myself. this is the only random discovery i ever really hear about though. anything else?

Agreed, honestly the Scorch in general is just a mistake, if such a thing was actually present it would've had massive disruptions for BoS movement from the West Coast to East Coast and would've cropped up in DC by that point given that it would've been able to be spread by the Scorchbeasts.

If the issue is that they didn't want players killing potential quest givers then have those characters relegated to NPC hubs, that's basically what Fallout 3 was since places like Rivet City, the Citadel and Megaton were all separate locations from the main hub world, yeah it limits players and that sucks but at least you could have there be some regulation like entering these places you have to give all your weapons to some weapon deposit box or if it's a vault have a suppression field, Fallout's never been above putting weird borderline sci-fi shit in their games so having one of the experiments of a vault be that the inhabitants' emotions are controlled by a suppression field would have the gameplay application of why the player can't use their weapons and would also stay in line with how the Vaults have been portrayed.

Then you could have normal Raiders or hell just non-feral ghouls as the standard human enemy, drop Deathclaws and Super Mutants entirely fucking sick of both of them turning up in every Fallout game now and just bump up the encounter rate of the other monsters. I find it so bizarre that Fallout 76 doesn't capitalize on its bevy of new monsters there are some legitimately cool as fuck creatures in the game that almost never appear because the encounter rates are munted as shit.

*interested, sleep deprivation's a bitch

Even Deus Ex eventually makes tons of the doors with inf health.

they still have a chance tho, if the game honestly says it takes place in a day then we can maybe see the scorched getting expanded into a ultimate hivemind adapting after the nukes. I can only hope in wastelanders since it talks about cleaning appalachia or it cleans you

Sucks that you basically have to wait for modders to add features back to games that were present decades ago.
I never expected this would be the state of games when I was a kid, I thought that things would only improve and become more interactive.

Attached: 1502688786524.jpg (602x521, 44K)

the only capitalization they did with its new creatures was adding more mystery and this guy

Attached: FO76_Sheepsquatch.png (368x613, 249K)

Yeah I get that, what I'm saying is that if you dropped Deathclaws & Super Mutants, increased the encounter rate of the new creatures such that they're only less common than say Feral Ghouls, Radroaches, Rodents & Canines then you'd have Appalachia feel a lot more naturalistic and wild.

Gary was wasted it would be interesting to see an actual little society of clones all at different ages and how the politics of that would work.
Especially if they got it into their head that they could be the last human beings on Earth before their fault opened

>fun
I liked the part in which 9/10 enemies were always bullet sponges and my gun didn't shoot straight and the green filter was making the game look terrible and the story is absurdly fucking stupid and the exploration leads to nothing but pointless 9/10 times since Bethesda's enviromental storytelling is just "skeleton next to different assortment of items" and the whole game being a plothole for itself and the entire series that can't be looked over no matter how much you turn off your brain and Mothership Zeta and that sidequest in which you suck Todd's dick only to go on Yea Forums, Youtube and Reddit to say that Fallout 3 is fun

Attached: 1557336913635.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

>"And now I’m playing other stuff, where there’s dialogue and I’m thinking, ‘Oh, I wish I could just walk away’. Because I don’t have the attention span for long dialogue! "
>/Pete Hines, Senior Vice President of Bethesda Softworks on Fallout 4's dialogue system/

Biggest liar? I dunno. Most punchable face? Yep, we have a winner here.

Attached: petecunthinesmiles.jpg (640x980, 99K)

>there are people who hate fallout 3
>but they've played it for 500+ hours
i don't get it

Does Pete have a mental problem? I'm not even trying to be mean but he always looks like such a goober and says so many dumb things and acts so weird on twitter that it really seems like he does.

He also wanted that stupid "dynamic camera" that's in 4 that prevents mods like Enhanced Camera

Lol I just did this. Doing a modded play through, after all these years.

Didn't realize you can just kill him and skip over all that. Yea, I'm thinking FO3 is based.

is this the only instance of Lovecraftian horror done right in gaming?

fallout has always been this
>fallout 1, where's the fucking water chip
>fallout 2, where's the fucking GECK
>fallout 3, where's my fucking dad
>fallout nv, where's that fucking platinum chip
>fallout 4, where's my fucking wifes son
>fallout 76, where's the fucking humans
>fallout 5, where's the fucking enclave moon base

>and acts so weird on twitter

Ah, why would you say that?

Attached: pete-cunt-hines-Jet-Lore.jpg (1432x942, 306K)

NV>1>2>Tactics>3>4>76

>fallout 76
wheres my refund

>fallout 5, where's the fucking enclave moon base
On the Moon

people who obsess over the jet retcon are genuinely autistic

they aren't

also, most of the craters are outside the city, only the whitehouse has a nuke crater IIRC

Oh wow

no wait I just remembered there's another with a crashed ICBM that's spewing radiation somewhere near the hospital

Megaton has a nuke crater

the twist is that it's actually on mars and that they stole an idea I posted here a few years back

a nuke in the whitehouse would fuck up the entire city

Exactly

But there are even more nuke craters outside the city, I found a new one a few days ago despite having like 1000 hours in the game

>the twist is that it's actually on mars
and that's where your son is

reminder that 2>nv>3

not if it was a shitty nuke
is it actually explained how large the nuclear payloads were?

based

Attached: 1566763143138.png (2768x2712, 603K)

>NICE GOIN SCUMBAG

>NICE GOIN SCUMBAG

>NICE GOIN SCUMBAG

>NICE GOIN SCUMBAG

I can't believe how common this is with shit writers. Every bit of dialog or just about starts with "so," or "well." I learned in fucking 3rd grade that you shouldn't be repetitive when beginning sentences.

nukes and radiation work differently in fallout

The Jet retcon is still pretty annoying since you can get Myron as a companion in Fallout 2 it's not some extremely minor secret tucked away in some random encounter.

Although the Ghoul one is way worse imo since Fallout 4 itself establishes like previous games that Ghouls need Water and Food.

how differently
i know radiation is comic-book shit but i figured large explosives made large explosions

The bomb in megaton would have been at least 50-100 kilotons, accounting for the size of the city/map and the scale shown in game compared to real life. Big enough to fuck shit up real good. At least 5-10x as powerful as the bombs dropped on Japan.

wasn't there a Ghoul in a coffin 2 for years?

Only assumption I could make is that China's or whoever's nukes that hit the US were fucking shit because you just have to look at what one nuke did to Hiroshima to see how fucked anywhere that's nuked is.

I checked Percival's dialogue, the Ghoul you're referring to is Woody and it doesn't state how long he was gone for from what I can find, I know there are instances in Fallout 2 which contradict the lore from Fallout 1 though so yeah that game's not exempt from this shit either but I don't think Woody was actually breaking the lore iirc.

daily reminder that Vault Tec were the ones who dropped the first bombs because of how shit the state of the world was in and how much money they had already invested in the vault system. This compounded by the fact that there were tons of breakthroughs happening with fusion and fission technology that would solve the energy crisis forever, de-escalating the global conflict over the remaining reserves of fossil fuels, and effectively rendering the entire vault program completely useless.
Therefore Vault Tec decided to start the war in order to fill the vaults and commence the experiment. This is why the bomb in Megaton has a vault-tec symbol on it, despite having been dropped on US soil.

I don't think he was in the coffin for 2 years, but I think it's funny that some dude just found a ghoul asleep and started charging people to look at him.

Hiroshima got it as bad as it did because the city was mostly made of wood and burned down in a subsequent firestorm after the nuking. The concrete structures, even those directly under the blast, made it out mostly intact, for the most part.

hiroshima was kinda spooky. I hear the river evaporated pretty much instantly. That must have been crazy

>hiroshima was kinda spooky
the blast was so strong and bright that it burned shadows into the walls

This is every single fucking faggot who argues that X is sci fi or fantasy so Y doesn't have to make any sense. In a monster hunter thread I asked why can't the hunter setup his own camp, real life hunters do it themselves all the time, and some fucker doing his best Pete Hines impression tells me that because there's giant T-rex monsters something as innocuous as pitching a tent doesn't have to make any sense.

that's kinda spooky. That must have been a crazy experience. Imagine you see a big flash of light and look behind you and you see your shadow lmao that must have been wild

Whoa

>finally, it's over dot jay pee gee

that's retarded

think they'd be too on fire to care
youtu.be/ZQz91Cx0Ato

Attached: 1522091361515.png (500x506, 411K)

atleast you haven't seen people defend this shit by saying the laws of gravity, and physics doesn't have to make sense simply because it is a video game that isn't even set in a different fucking universe
its like these retards think every game is a cartoon
pretty sure they're all under 20 so whatever

The point of that conversation is that bethesda writers didn't even play classic fallouts.
You don't have to scrutinize everything to the point of realism just so it would make sense. Otherwise you end up with some ridiculous shit like Misery mod for Stalker.

It was everyone’s go to high school ARPG that was completely hyped up.

The mature gamer realizes that this era was the beginning of the end in terms of casualization.

I like the atmosphere, it's way better than 4, NV atmosphere was good for what it is but didn't have the dark feel of 3.
3 was the first fallout i played, i'm still kind nostalgic for it, though 1 and NV are my favorites, 2 is just 1 with much worse writing and no atmosphere.