Switch Lite

>create a new platform, all around a gimmick
>call it a switch, named after the gimmick
>remove the gimmick and keep the name

Attached: 1556825478584.jpg (1920x1080, 347K)

>no dock
>no replaceable joycons
Literary stuck in 720p hell

>make user so seething that they keep posting the exact same thing

MILLION UNIT SELLER BABY

And what do you know, now Im actually interested in getting one.

Have sex.

I don't understand why it can't be compatible with docks especially considering it still uses a USB-C port and can connect to controllers

You'd be lucky to get a native 720p from games in portable mode.

who gives a shit? If it plays switch games, it's a switch.

How is Switch Lite supposed to work with joycon drifting?

>If it plays switch games
you can't play any of the games that use joycon motion controls.

You can, you just need to connect additional joycons. Also there's only 2 games that you need this for

those are shitty tech gimmick demos anyway. All the real games can be played without that nonsense.

ps vita 2 looks nice

Just like how they made a 3DS with no 3D?

The worst part is it's much better without the gimmick
fucking 2ds

You'll get the fuck over it and accept it like a good consumer if you're actually stupid enough to buy an intentionally gimped product.

Better than calling it an HDS because that’s exactly what it is

>a nintendo switch that doesn't switch: $199.99
>trigger OP and make him seethe:
priceless.

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x1067, 161K)

Japan had been selling Switches without docks for well over a year.
Nintendo doesn't care about "muh philosophy"

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-10 Nintendo Is Selling A Dockless, Cheaper Switch In Japan.png (642x826, 200K)

The gimmick always sucks, so no big loss.

>Buy the Lite to save $100
>Have to spend $100 on controllers to play all the games
So why aren't people just getting the better Nu-Switch?

If the Switch Lite doesn't fix drift, I'm giving up on Nintendo

Does that dude have giant hands, or is the Switch really that fucking small? That looks as small as a 3DS.
And was rightfully renamed as a 2DS.

>without docks
this one literally CAN NOT dock even if you buy one

You mean 1-2 Switch and Just Dance? Because those are literally the only titles that have that restriction

Maybe you don't care about 1-2 Switch, Just Dance, Labo, or Mario Party or playing on a big screen

And it's got all the good games unlike peepiss4

>Does that dude have giant hands, or is the Switch really that fucking small?

Attached: 1545644369209.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

So?
It costs $100 less.
If you want to dock your Switch simply buy the fucking normal Switch.

Nintendo is in such a weird place to me right now. They clearly don't want to have to develop for handhelds and home consoles separately but now they're also in this weird limbo where they're trying to do both with the same system. The lite is going to be shit at running some games and are some not even compatible? It's kind of implied that some aren't going to be. The lite doesn't even seem that travel friendly, at least the 3DS and 2DS xl could fold up and felt decent for mobility. This is a completely open screen.

I wonder if they're going to do a switch pro.

And yet, every SJW will buy it.

ngl I have a banned Switch and I'm debating getting this for aesthetics and the two or three online games I can't play

>Pre lite.
NINTENDO CUT THE PRICE AND REMOVING DOCKING.
>Post lite
NINTENDO WHY WONT YOU LET ME DOCK?? ITS CALLED A SWITCH
Everytime with you retards.

Having the games that do work run in 360p handheld mode permanently sounds pretty shit too though.

>caring about resolution
720p is fine on such a small screen, hell I'm even ok with 720p on a 24inch monitor. Shit framerate however is what are plaguing most Switch games, we're not even talking flat 30 at this point but many games dips into 20-.

>making shit up, pretending it's the same people

Same with the 2ds
>its too confusing, name it the same! Stupid 3ds games work on 2ds stickers!
>why is it called the same?! It removed the gimmick!

Literally no one ever said remove docking, instead the consensus was to not include the dock and have no detachable joycon to reduce the price point.

90% of my time with the switch is spent using the flip grip in portrait mode for shmups and arcade games. The lite is useless (unless they finally see sense and make a dpad joycon for the base model).

>underpowered
>gimmick
>supposedly a handheld but too large and performs better docked
>dock scratches screen
>cheap, flimsy joycons
>library consisting of rehashes, shovelware, the worst versions of multiplats and kiddie games.
>insufferable, delusional community
>manchildren love it
>system of choice for trannies and the morbidly obese.
>smash tournaments known for being comprised of people with no concept of personal hygiene
>an embarrassment to be seen playing in public
>horrible online, overpriced.
>console is overpriced, very low value in general
>often referred to as several derogatory names, some examples include “cucktendo shitch” or just “shitch”, “Fischer price tablet” or more rarely the “NINtENDO SWItCH” (the lowercase t’s representing the low testosterone of the typical Nintendo console owner)
I could go on but I think we’ve all seen enough to agree that owning a Nintendo Switch is undesirable.

>7 hour MAX battery life
>meaning even less if you play actual games like botw

Cope more

Attached: 1557752116266.jpg (1569x1440, 207K)

its screen is literally smaller than recent smartphones, and a hell of a lot lower resolution

>trigger Yea Forums

>since 2017 Yea Forums keeps screaming for a portable only option of switch
>it happens
>now Yea Forums screams that it happened

With what? I don’t own a shitch I sold mine used at full retail price with no box to some dumb nincel because he liked the joycon colors and couldn’t find them new for some reason. Worked out pretty well for me actually. Sounds like the truth hurts. Stay seething.

good, hugephones are bloat for retards

t. tinyhanded fat manchild

Should be called Gameboy2 or Gameman or something similar. Nintendo became horrible at naming their consoles after the Wii.

It boggles me how people like op continue to have difficulty understanding this when the 3DS hasn't had a new game in over a year and it's clearly about to be retired.

Do you for some reason not think kids needing to play mario in the car on a roadtrip isn't a massive fucking audience?

>gameman

Attached: 1561224854124.jpg (200x296, 22K)

>create a new platform, all around a gimmick
people actually think the handheld/tv mode shit is a gimmick?
are you guys retarded?

Only reason to own a switch right now is to play the games you like that are avaliable on it to be quite honest with you lads

It's the cheap option for grandmas buying their kids a Pokemon machine.

It's still called Switch because any good game port to this console can switch to shit game immediately

>The only reason to own a console is because you like that consoles exclusives.
Holy fuck are you a wizard or something

Imagine being over thirteen and owning a switch lmao

1. That’s like two games
2. That’s not even true. You can still connect joycons to the light.

The pad looks nice, and the tiny screen it's good for that poor resolution, also I don't have friends so I don't need to play on tv.

I think the switch lite is going to be the new nintendo handheld.
Now rather than two unique systems, nintendo will have two versions of the same system, which will both use the same games.

>tfw literal toddlers get d-pad

>I don’t

fuck

Thank you captain obvious

Whatever dude it's the only reason to ever own any platform is to play the games that personally appeal to you, so that would be a reason people were to own a switch

Nintendo switch?
More like
Nintendo stitch

but all switch users are toddlers by default

have fun playing splatoon without motion controls, lol

Shows you how "good" the ideas of the people complaining about switch light are.

i'm buying it anyway

Attached: 1546783876109.jpg (229x220, 9K)

What the fuck does this have to do with SJWs lmao

It still has gyro, but no HD rumble

Why are you so mad over an alternative option?

>I play absurdly niche Shmups That he lite can’t play! This means it’s BAD!

How is Friday The 13th on this? Should I wait for Dead by Daylight?

>“NINtENDO SWItCH” (the lowercase t’s representing the low testosterone of the typical Nintendo console owner)
Are you seriously using this as an argument against it holy SHIT

Attached: 54BE3090-62CA-45AE-913A-8BFC13B46524.jpg (768x1280, 132K)

Wasted opportunity why the FUCK did they not make it able to place BOTH 3DS and Switch games?

I would got bought one for that

Shit. Wait for DbD

They did it with the 3ds

Why do you post this every goddamn switch thread are you that insecure?

>undesirable

Attached: 1970268B-D34D-4179-9A04-AA87888F005F.jpg (442x158, 42K)

retard

Less space for heat dispersal.
It's also possible the curved part of the frame for the shoulder buttons that breaks the plane of the back of the console might not be able to fit in the dock?

>Text in games are sized for a HD TV screen
>Text is sized for ants in handheld
>They shrink the screen
Just imagine, it's going to be fucking awful.
100% of the multiplats do this, 75% of the Switch exclusives do this.

Attached: detta är inte mina glasögon.jpg (1395x1000, 140K)

Well, the 3rd party docks are better than the official screen-scratcher.

>Options are always a good thing
>Moar = betta dont question the corporate overlords

It may be hard to comprehend for your limited brain power but sometimes less is more.

Because the whole point is to be a cheaper alternative, adding more hardware dedicated to playing 3DS games misses the point.

You can, and the Lite has built in gyro

What should they call it then? Nintendo Switchn't?

How's the Doom 3 port?

*bricks your Switch*

Pretty solid.

It's okay. Performance can drop a bit but it's a native 1080p docked/720p portable

I'm glad they did, now I want one.

get more good eyes doofus

>big screen and comfortable controller sitting there unused
>hunched over holding a rectangle
Fuck everyone who likes handhelds

it doesn't look like anything to me

Attached: nothing.jpg (720x1280, 15K)

I'm happy about this, these are the faggots that never wanted a handheld Switch because they knew more people would buy it over the regular Switch when Iwata before he passed on already stated that they were going the Apple route with their consoles.

This, fuck the Switch, glad the Switch Lite exist.

Not gonna lie its pretty adorable but still objectively inferior to the normal switch in every way except for battery life. There is literally no reason to own one.

>except for battery life.
it has less battery life than normal switch. max 7 hours.

Wait seriously? I thought they were bragging about the new battery and shit
Haven't kept up with the news I guess

the chip is more efficient, but the battery is smaller

The switch is already handheld though and most games run worse in handheld mode

So If this is a handheld only version with even LESS power than the standard switch what is the point?

Did you know that $200 is in fact less than $300?

the switch uses $100 hardware, and they ask $300 for it

People who want to save a hundred dollars.

How delusional are you exactly?

Because Nintendo makes it worse so the sales of the Switch Lite won't cannibalize the sales of the more expensive normal Switch. This is the one and only reason.

Do you understand how markets work? That ten dollar meal you paid for cost less than three to make.

Its 199?
If it was 150, it wouldnt be terrible.

Here is a bigger issue:

Hey gang!
Lets all 8 of us play SMASH ULTIMATE ON THE SWITCH LITE!

There is your issue.
No kickstand, a smaller screen and one person is always using the main unit, so you have to crowd around them, not the system

nintendo is allowed to jew everyone over three times as much as anyone else
imagine being this much of a fanboy

>consumer base clamor and demand an ACTUALLY portable Switch
>still too fucking big to fit in pockets
>STILL has a shit battery life even with a more efficient chipset
>will very likely still have Joy-Con drift issues, rendering the entire thing useless instead of just the Joy-Cons
>fucking thing not only comes with no dock, but can't even dock at all
>tfw Nintendo will never make another competent, gimmick-free device or console ever again without glaring flaws

Attached: 0eff75fa.jpg (1000x1100, 89K)

They should have made the analogue like the 3ds analogue. The analogue sticks on the switch just aren't appropriate for a portable console

>people not realizing that they only make these cheaper versions once software sales have met their expectations so that they can sell these to make some profit off of those who just want a Switch to hack

Not just that user, but also think of the joy con using games. You cant do that shit with switch lite.

Fuck you
The amount of people with hacked switchs, same with 3ds and wii, are so fucking low, its nothing to them.

Dock and undock mode isn't a fucking gimmick you drooling anime retard.

that is a terrible idea. Those analogs are shit.

No one fucking cares about the whopping 4 games that can't be played out the box user. Even if they did, they could just the grossly overpriced Joy-Cons anyway.

The only thing the Switch lite has going for it is the built-in D-Pad which Hori already provided a half-assed solution for a year ago.

Based, the 3DS analog pads are underrated as fuck

I didn't say it was you illiterate dumbass. If you actually read the damn post instead of just seeing an anime girl, I pointed out a complaint about not only getting rid of the dock, but removing its ability to be docked at all.

Anyone think this is gonna be a huge problem when it comes to looking at GBA games on the Switch Lite? The added edition of removable joy-cons meant that the additions could be editted even with gameplay. Now it was always attached what the fuck could GBA game do? Regarding the joy-cons obviously

Nintendo Switchless doesn't sound as good

I only use my switch docked. Give me a Pro model please.

Attached: SwitchProPlz.png (640x631, 724K)

As someone who grew up with a gameboy, this shit blows my mind. I know you autists like to count pixels and frames, but it's such a huge leap compared to that

Wait, can you share accounts if you have both switches? Like original switch at home and I want to bring the lite out to keep playing where I left off.

The OG switch didnt have a fucking dpad asshole BECAUSE THE SYSTEM WAS MEANT TO HAVE SHARED CONTROLLERS!

FUCK!

NO ONE FUCKING CARES ABOUT USING THOSE TINY ASS JOY-CONS AS STANDALONE CONTROLLERS YOU FUCKING PAVEMENT APE!

FUCK!

You can. Hacked switches can set a flag for docked status. So you get pro on the go.

Bait and Switch then.

Too bad they will be sold like the wii remote, until the system dies.

Why in the ever loving fuck would you not just take your regular switch

where have i seen this before?

Attached: 86a91285-2b33-4aeb-ac43-c51753a14d15_1.5bd34b7e8d6dd3d1b0583c18645b02dd.jpg (2000x2000, 992K)

It's not aimed at big hand people, it's literally a replacement for the 3DS crowd this Christmas

Does any game actually run decently in portable mode

Splatoon 2

The og 2ds was the same thing. Too big for anyones pockets, locked in place, it was shit.

Too bad new 2ds xl was still shit. Should have been the dsi of the 3ds family.

Most of them if it doesn't already run like trash in docked. Shit like Hyrule Warriors and XB2 are thankfully rare.
t. plays 99% of my Switch in portable

>hell I'm even ok with 720p on a 24inch monitor
you have low standards

>Does any game actually run decently in portable mode
nope.

anything that doesn't rely on gyro gestures (as in, mario odyssey hat throws. stuff like splatoon camera is fine imo, i mainly play portable) and anything that you don't need to look at small text for.
then again those are just issues with how it's being played, and not a problem with what it's being played on.

It's only been thirty years between the two. In my opinion, this thing should be much more capable.

If there are performance issues, can't you just plug in the charger? It's not like the original Switch dock contains anything that's bolstering processing or resolution.

That's not really how it works.

I haven't docked my Switch in months. I can't carry it in my pocket since it's too big and I hate disconnecting and reconnecting joycons. This would be the perfect portable console for me, but I'm simply not paying 200 dollars for it.

Its not like that many games on the Switch can manage above 720 anyway

The Nintendo Ditch, bitch.

>Seethpost

Have you been triggered?

But not in this case. There was one hardware option, now there are two. That is more options by any metric.

You can either buy a regular Switch or spend less for a portable-only Switch if you don’t care about playing docked mode.

It doesn't feel like it's been that long. Guess I'm just getting old ;_;

what the fuck lol

The gba was a portable SNES the switch is a portable 360
It’s in line with the times

Why don't Nintendo just put this software on Android and iOS then release a telescopic controller for phones.

Because no one would buy that

If they don't increase the size on the switch pro to like 10 inches I'm just going to get a lite.

Attached: 1563514328573.jpg (250x220, 7K)

It's only weaker compared to the docked Switch.

H-how heavy was the original Switch?

Attached: 1.jpg (1898x939, 173K)

As heavy as you

So 320 lbs?

not as heavy as your case of pathetic-ness

I care about framerate. 720p60 > any resolution 30fps.

switch can't even hit 30fps consistently.

Indeed, hence why complaining about being stuck in "720p hell" is retarded. Resolution is irrelevant when performance are so shitty to begin with.

3DS analog thing is a horrible piece of shit

>combine your handheld and console divisions
>put console games on your handheld
>enlarge the screen accordingly so people can actually play console games on a handheld
>your revised model is the same size as a normal handheld with a tiny ass screen that makes it impossible to see small details in your console-style games

heavier than a bottle of snoylent

Attached: es467.jpg (1540x878, 153K)

>snoylent
>when nincels are developing back problems from carrying

>Not calling it the Gameboy Switch.

Attached: 1409563057596.png (357x408, 194K)

>Less space for heat dispersal.
This is almost certainly the entire reason beyond simple product differentiation.
Has it been confirmed if the Switch Lite has a fan for active cooling?

I love the switch but it ain't getting 720p in portable in the majority of games.

yikes. It's because of heat. You know very little.

>buy switch lite
>stuck with shitty analog sticks

>buy switch lite
>have to send it to Nintendo every month to fix the analog stick drift

Just how American does one have to be to love big corporations this much?

im gonna buy the switch lite, and i dont expect them to have the same flaws. they aren't joycons. they are a part of the console now.

This

t. never played SF4 with it

It's the same resolution. If anything, the higher DPI will make it look better, at least before the dynamic scaling.

Playstation 4
Second console Sony has made with no games.
Cant even play a game on the station, just qte movies.
Remove the gimmick and just call it a movie player.

I dont know why anyone but a child would buy this and that's coming from someone who loved Nintendo handhelds. The Switch is a bad fucking handheld.