Remedy's Control

I know everyone is hyping for WoW and Astral Chain, but this one turned fucking amazing too.

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.08.27 - 15.07.46.74.png (1920x1080, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

skidrowreloaded.com/control-hoodlum/
youtu.be/k0QsHKH77MI
eurogamer.net/articles/2019-07-01-alan-wake-developer-remedy-regains-publishing-rights
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZFeU29sB7Q&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SamLakeRMD/status/1108007626510647298
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Its set in the Alan Wake verse.
Is this the beginning of his return?

are there any mods to replace the horseface protag?

>fucking amazing
It's not that good.

I just finished the call with the director. I'm actually really enjoying it, the framerate is super fucked on a base ps4, especially when you throw shit but I'm still having fun.

have sex

I hope so. AW story has so much potential. Just get some new enemy types thius time around Remedy.

I want it to be true, I really do.

What does dead letters mean?

I started it. It seems pretty good. I enjoy the artstyle, all the 70s technology they're using because the building messes with modern technology. Story seems intriguing too. Could do without some of Jesse's inner monologue though. Guess they're trying to do Alan Wake.

It's pretty great. Presentation is top notch, gameplay's really fun on mouse and keyboard.

Will it flop?

>Could do without some of Jesse's inner monologue though
are you sure it's monologue?

So shes talking to me?

It's the name of one of the zones. That's how transitions look.

100% guaranteed flop. It's a great game but not the sort of thing that sells buckets, not to mention the game's rather niche appeal at least thematically, and it clearly cost a lot of money to make. I just hope it doesn't flop too bad because Remedy is based.

No, actually. Reminds me a bit of Agent York's conversations with his split personality Zach in Deadly Premonition. Zach, of course, acting as a standin for the player.

Oh I knew that. I meant the definition of dead letters. Never heard that before

keep playing the game and you'll find out

In the context of the game, these are letters from civilians that the bureau has censored.

*Ahem* I would like to thank Tim for this free game

Attached: 1559287136295.png (800x600, 225K)

When I was talking to the guy at gamestop he told me the game only had 10 pre orders for pick up and 2 for random. I don't think the game will be a hit in the slightest.

marketing sucked, i didn't knew this game launched until today

The marketing was none existent.

A buddy of mine who works at gamestop said that they hardly even sell video games anymore and that most people come in to buy hardware or funko shit.

>tfw

Attached: bc1naig2lni31.jpg (1920x1080, 164K)

>Mfw

Attached: GayTony-Artwork.jpg (881x900, 95K)

It looks like the Quantum Break events are also classified as an AWE. It's all in the same universe.

>people skipping side content
literally found 3 optional bosses far not to mention all the secret areas and lore tidbits

Some lore also implies that the material universe exists as a Threshold in the Oldest House, which works with what we know from the Alan Wake ARG revealing the universe is a tiny more of light drifting in the Dark Place.

It's all connected.

I'm down for a Remedyverse. It would be cool to have some characters crossover.

Go on lad! Play away!

Anyone else weirdness with the texture streaming? With some things like posters and such I can stand five feet away and the texture will still be a blurry mess no matter how long I stand there, but if I take a single step forward it will load in, and then if I take a step back it will be blurry again.

PC? I've read PS4 has it particularly bad.

Yeah, on PC.

I got it too. It's really inconsistent, sometimes loading things sharply from far away and sometimes not at all.

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.08.27 - 15.09.07.27.png (2560x1440, 3.67M)

Only had that for the posters in the beginning.

Attached: CNTRL15.jpg (3840x2160, 3.48M)

gotta say this game looks fucking beautiful and so far seems to run fairly well with volumetric lighting and reflection settings on medium.
can't wait to see how much environment destruction you can cau-
>random crashes
FUCKING HELL
I hope to god driver updates will fix it

They also have some hints towards Max Payne here and there.

How is the gameplay here?
In comparison to Max Payne 3 for example, more fun or less fun?

Much better,. but I didn't like MP3 a lot. It's faster for sure, and it has a good flow of using your gun and your powers in turns.

You can't really compare them desu

Where the fuck do i download this?

>You are a worm through time
>The thunder song distorts you
>It hurts to be happy
I just love the random nonsense the Hiss spouts.

skidrowreloaded.com/control-hoodlum/

Attached: CNTRL8.jpg (3840x2160, 2.29M)

do you realize that's why it went Epic Exclusive in the first fucking place?
remedy has guaranteed to broke even thanks to the epic safety net so they're at least guaranteed to develop another game.

if remedy didn't break even with epic, THEN there is reason to worry that remedy is fucked.

Thank you brother

>updating the drivers didn't fix shit
fucks sake

So I guess this is the actual discussion thread

Pretty much.

The first time the subtitles popped up for their lines, I stopped just to hear. Weirdly captivating.

No worries, Remedy next game is Crossfire x, Korean and Chinese will pay the money.

I don't know if Epic's safety net is that big. This isn't indie shovelware that cost 500k$ to make.

This game is making me exited for Alan Wake 2. Please, PLEASE let it be Remedys next game since they even got the publishing rights back.

Also, I heard these is going to be additional DLC for this game, any details yet? I hope they come in time for the steam release so that they can just release a complete edition right out the game with it.

Attached: Payne7.jpg (768x1024, 134K)

Its pretty fucking good although once again the most impressive thing about it is remedy's tech. Although its probably objectively their most purely gameplay heavy game since MP1 and its much more complex on that front than MP1. The world design itself is fucking great but my main gripes with it is that they give you an option to fast travel and it feels like there isn't THAT much to discover when it comes to finding an item of any kind, its just materials and mods since the game doesnt exactly have any RPG styled systems beyond the barebones upgrade trees and mods.

I wish they had doubled down on the horror aspect though, right now it has the scp styled supernatural men in black containment setting but for some reason they didnt really turn it into a horror game or even have a horror artstyle, even alan wake was closer to that

The game will have 2 expansions with new areas and lore stuff.

there*
right out of the gate*

Fucking hell, I need to start proofreading my shit.

Neat, do they have an ETA yet?

Attached: Payne11.jpg (446x540, 38K)

>Neat, do they have an ETA yet?
Sometime in 2020, IIRC.

How much of a difference does the ray tracing make? I sorta feel like the game doesn't look that good even with all settings on high.

its shit

Pretty big. I bit the bullet and activated DLSS even though it sucks just because RT is that good.

How scaleable are the graphics? My 1070 broke recently and until payday i've had to fall back on my old R9 280, which as you can tell isn't ideal.
If I can turn enough graphical effects down and set it to 720p it should at least get me going though. Anyone know what the graphical options look like?

>browbeat devs into making their game look worse than it should unless you buy into some new meme technology
sasuga nvidia

With latest drivers I play on medium and shadows on low, 1080p, 50-60fps on 970gtx it's actually pretty good

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.08.27 - 19.06.35.17.png (1920x1080, 73K)

can you fuckers seed faster please, I wanna play tonight

Attached: seedfasterumeanies.png (848x50, 6K)

I got a feeling that unless this game sells like hotcakes Remedy is gonna end being bought either by Microsoft or even Sony, Sony recently adquired Insomniac Games and I feel like they will buy at least one more studio and Remedy feels like a good option with the type of games they make

Hey thanks guys, that's fantastic help.
I should be able to just squeak-by with this GPU, though it isn't going to be pretty.
I appreciate it!

I've on the exact same torrent, with a far better ratio and i'm maxing out at 300kb/s, fuck you

They could just make another alan wake, shit was fucking great, it has such good atmosphere

I hope they make an AW game next too. Control has amazing atmosphere, but it isn't horror like AW.

Why are you faggots like this?

TAKE. CONTROL.

TAKE. CONTROL.

youtu.be/k0QsHKH77MI

poorfag can't buy new gpu

Attached: 32f[1].jpg (251x242, 18K)

Do they even know how to continue AW? All the DLC just seemed to sidestep a continuation.
And this game just states Alan went MIA after falling on the lake

control has alan wake lore?

Already deleted my torrent, no honor among thieves.

Attached: Payne8.jpg (564x855, 76K)

>You and the Horse are now Bonded/Friends for Life
How is the Board so fucking optimistic and cheerful all the damn time?

Don't worry paynefan, i'll make sure to pick it up once it leaves epic

They already had an AW 2 draft that could serve as a continuation. It involves a timeskip after Alan disappeared.

Yes, explicit. He´s named on one of the collectibles

Me too friend, me too.

Attached: Payne4.jpg (1024x577, 70K)

Really enjoying it so far on Tims Tab™.
Hope it keeps this level of intrigue, so far surprisingly I haven't been put off by the line delivery or writing like I usually am with games and movies like this.

Thanks for the free copy Tim :^)

Attached: Thanks tim.png (650x534, 172K)

it is pretty bad

Attached: dsadasd.png (839x51, 6K)

Thanks for the free copy Timmy!!

Attached: CheersTim.png (737x20, 3K)

I find it hilarious that they consider the events of AW "minor." Implies that they've definitely seen worse.

It fixed itself without them having to do anything. It was minor.

There's not as many people affected as some of the others referenced in the collectibles.

So why are pictures of her hanging up after you get the gun? Also who took the body? Why is the story so bad? She walks right in and the story is kinda thrown in all crazy. Not much of it makes sense. The main protag has hints that she actually works there.

Im not that far into the game (i think) but I recall reading or hearing something in the game where they mentioned potential candidates for the role of the Director. Was it simpler than I think or was that supposed to be a nod to the other remedy characters like Alan Wake?

Once Jesse is made into the new Director, all the pictures of Trench are replaced, and you start finding documents ordered by her detailing the Hiss (made WAY before she actually gives the name to anyone).

It's implied the Board/House just retroactively applied the information.

Why do people ask these dumb questions couple hours in? Just fucking play the game and get a grasp of your own truth.

Daily reminder that Remedy will be the next Sony acquisition.

Attached: D7VDHMBWsAEfIB4.jpg (680x510, 82K)

>Sony having both Kojima and Sam Lake
Hack central, at least David Cage left already.

So it seems like they're altering the event like they do with other things. Pretty cool. Thanks.

This game does that same shit that RE2 did where the screen space reflections cause weird shimmering. I had to turn it off because of how ugly that shimmer gets sometimes, which is a shame because the reflections look pretty good.

You can't expect the answers to come immediately. Keep progressing.

Thank you user!

How long should I keep playing before I decide its not for me? Just got the floppy disk and I'm still kinda bored.

just use raytracing famalandingdong

Ideally before the refund window closes but if you're not enjoying any game in general then don't play it my dude, games are for fun, if you're not having fun then what are you doing?

BASED

>before the refund window closes
I didn't pay for it.

>if you're not having fun then what are you doing?
I don't know, maybe it gets better later. I kinda at least want to play until I get the ability to fly, but at this point I don't know if that will change my opinion of the game much.

Do people really justify pirating games as sticking it to EGS? Like, I don’t understand. It’s just capitalism. This is how a market works.

Do you really think I would just give my info to communist chink shareholders?

Any excuse is a good excuse, but i'd just pirate it and move on instead of rationalizing a justification on a korean basket weaving forum.

Attached: 20190827173843.jpg (1439x2075, 481K)

Pirating the game is just capitalism too, chill out :)

I really don't get this game. It starts off in a lobby of some building. A few minutes later there's generic red-eyed zombies shooting at you because of a thing called "hiss."
>dude just read the collectable crap and listen to audio logs
"No!"
I'm around 2 hours in and the story is boring, uninspired and everything is thrown at you in the first 10 minutes of the game.

"Hiss" makes people crazy and you're immune. Is that really it. Is that the story? The two characters so far are so generic and boring.

The gameplay is fairly basic, but it's fast and quite fluid. It's not too easy either which I didn't expect from this type of game. You definitely have to pay attention in certain fights because enemies deal quite a bit of damage.
Other than that, the game is generic and slightly above average imo.
Even the visuals aren't that good other than lighting and reflections with ray tracing. Character models are outdated (especially the faces) and lip syncing is bad.

Attached: 1458225668634.gif (409x398, 2.2M)

Go play fortnite

>"let me just ignore all the story and lore it doesn't matter lul."
>"REEE WHY IS THE STORY SO BLAND AND SHIT REEEEEEEE"
Truly proving only retards use this board.

Imagine wasting time writing this tripe

I don't want to read poorly written novels in video games, nerd.

I wouldn't be surprised, them getting Insomniac who seemed very poised to just stay independent was a big one. However Microsoft also got Ninja Theory who spouted the same shit so who knows. Remedy has shooters which Sony doesn't really do much

You want a straightforward story, go play something else.

it's a pasta, it was already posted on other threads

Why exactly do people wast their time on composing shitty pasta before spreading them like feces wherever they go?

(you)s

>dude stop playing the game every 2 minutes and read boring crap lmao
It's a shame because the combat is somewhat fun, but in between designated combat areas/rooms you have to spend hours reading generic "lore."

Audio logs that force you to stay in one spot for 5 minutes and notes that take you out of the action/gameplay are not acceptable in 2019.

zoom zoom

It's too bad you don't have the patience to read. It's really comfy when you read about some OOP and then two whole hours later you just find it lying in some room

>Pirated it
>played 20 mins of it
>get spooked out by the enemies and their animation
>the lighting of the levels and how spooky and desolate the empty office building is with bodies floating around

I dont know why but I feel like uninstalling. The game is giving me a creeped out vibe I've never felt before in other games.

YOU ARE A WORM THROUGH TIME

If the audio logs and notes weren't so boring I'd care more about the story and I would read all the notes, but it's just not good enough to spend hours reading/listening to boring drivel.

The tranny devs should try a little harder next time if they're even around after this flop.

Not him, but I don't want to stop every two minutes in an action game to go into a menu and read some shit. I'm all for that in an RPG, and if I were in the mood for something slow-paced with a lot of lore shit to read I would simply play one of those instead.

I know people hate on audio logs now because there was a period last gen when they were heavily overused, but that's a way better solution for providing lore in a game that doesn't destroy the pacing.

>tfw it's Threshold Kids time

Attached: 1549500158567.jpg (500x500, 81K)

You don't have to read them immediately upon finding them

The whoel point of the game is to explore and discover shit. If you jsut rush through it, that destroys the "pacing" even faster since you finish the game in 7-10 hours with literally nothing learnt.

Also, all this shit is stored in the collectibles menu for you to read and listen to at your leisure.

Based

That entire show is cursed. 99% certain it isn't even an actual promotional cartoon.

I was so fucking confused until I saw the proposal memo.

Kek

Anyone use the FOV hack?

No spoilers pls but someone tell me which sector or mission I gotta do to get flight

>>"let me just ignore all the story and lore it doesn't matter lul."
The developers made it clear the story doesn't matter that much which is why all the "lore" is contained withing boring poorly-written notes and audio logs that force you to stay still for several minutes.
If the devs thought their story was good and interesting it wouldn't be optional :^)

Mission 6, if I recall.

Zoom zoom.

>The whoel point of the game is to explore and discover shit.
This game is linear. There's hardly any exploring. The map is generally big halwalys and rooms with a few branching rooms containing a few collectable notes, audio logs and upgrade materials.
They're all very visible from far away too, so you don't even need to check corners or interesting hidden spots. As soon as you enter a room you can see where all the collectables are.
How is that the whole point of the game?
>Also, all this shit is stored in the collectibles menu for you to read and listen to at your leisure.
That's even worse because after a few hours you have to spend 30 minutes reading boring notes.

>This game is linear.
Imagine being this retarded.

Redditors like this game because they think it's deep and the main character is a 40 year old transvestite "badass."

Are you actually sapient?

You're the same guy in this thread spamming the same greentext reply and "zoom zoom" to legitimate criticisms of this game.
Are you sapient?

How many of the abilities are optional? I noticed that dash and shield is on side paths

>best outfit is locked to ps4 only

Attached: 1.png (210x255, 59K)

Dash is all but needed for some areas, but you could probably skip Shield.

her ass is so good in it too

>This game is linear. There's hardly any exploring.
Confirmed for not even playing the game for more than an hour or two.

>dash and shield
Be honest here. How many of these abilities are lifted straight from quantum break?

Don't even bother. He resorted to screeching "REE TRANNIES" the instant he got BTFO'd.

It's decent, nothing amazing, alright for a free game.
These segments are the best parts however.

Attached: Control_DX11_2019_08_27_20_05_54_730.jpg (3840x2160, 2.44M)

It was the only reason i even pirated it

>*amused radio noises*

Imagine Metroid Prime coming out this year when people can't even fucking read.
BLAND GAME NO STORY WHERE GO

So whats with the ending. did her brother get mindbroken?

Which one?

I'm downloading it right now. Thanks, Tim! Ya creepy wanker!

embarrassing tbqh user
i recommend procedure R2-45

I'm honestly starting to wish no new metoridvania's ever get made when people are this fucking impatient and illiterate. No desire for build up and a better payoff, just instant dopamine release.

It's established pretty early on that Hiss corruption completely destroys the original individual. The only reason Dylan didn't dissolve into raw resonance is seemingly because he was being used as more a mouthpiece than just a disposable tool like the others.

Ok, honestly. How bad is it on base PS4? I dont care if it looks as a PS3 game, as long as the framerate is good and the gameplay is fun.

SFM or blender when?
>inb4 its all with Ahti

I want to know this too. I think the frame rate is the problem from what I heard. Don’t be surprised if it becomes a slideshow in some fights with a lot going on.

Im willing to wait if they fix it at least to some degree

Don't hold your breath, QB is still pretty wonky on base Xbone.

Maybe they will. I’m glad I didn’t play Bloodborne at launch too, the loading times were horrible.

Why is the shooting so bad?

the bodysuit

The hair is so fucking ugly though.

>hoodlum
>not waiting for proper repack

THE WORD THAT DESCRIBES THIS IS REDACTED

ALL HAIR MUST BE EATEN

Is it unplayable? I only have base ps4 and base xbox one. No pro consoles or pc. I was kind of thinking about getting it but if its fucked I wont bother

Best mods objectively?

Spin: +damage
Shotty: +pellets or choke
Personal: cheaper dash, energy regen

Yeah I figured energy regen was the best, shotty more pellets. Wish the guns weren't so inaccurate.

I don't personally care but if seeing the game at 5-10 frames and a mess of blur for 1-2 second bothers you, you might wanna hold back.
I find that shit to be funny personally, but for some people it really bothers them.

HOW DO YOU SAY "INSANE"

I don't wanna buy it on EGS or get EGS because it injects my PC with spyware. Simple as fucking that. Consumers choosing what to consume is also another gear of capitalism.

how does this game look on the PS4 Pro? are the visuals & framerate good?

Lemme guess the enemy variety is shit.

Five enemy types in the whole game, according to IGN.

It's the same humanoid/zombie enemies, but some of them have shields and glow red. One zombie type hovers in the air and throws things at you.
That's it.

With the pacing it's not bad. Get a new enemy type thrown at you in certain parts of the game then they start bunching them in together. They're all pretty deadly.

>it’s ok when REmake 2 does it!!

Attached: D083A415-3191-4340-BC3E-D28E474114E7.jpg (900x1200, 95K)

Several enemies in the game aren't humanoid at all, the fuck are you on about.

Don't lie.

THIS CLICHE IS DEATH OUT OF TIME, BREAKING THE FIRST THE SECOND THE THIRD THE FOURTH WALL, THE FIFTH WALL, FLOOR; NO FLOOR: YOU FALL

Clusters and Charged aren't human at all, with the Charged being possibly the most warped Hiss enemies that aren't just masses of raw resonance. This isn't even mentioning the bosses, either.

That's probably the best line.
The writers has some fun with this game.

The board are nigh omnipotent and cause and effect don’t matter to them they retroactively kept changing controls timeline/reality. Stuff also doesn’t need to make sense in the oldest house since it’s a gateway between infinite realities.

I just love the fact that things like the Board, Ahti and the Hiss casually break the fourth wall time and time again. It's less noticeable with the Hiss compared to the rest of them or even the Dark Presence, but I chalk that up to the Hiss being completely and utterly batshit.

is it stable on ps4 pro?

The Hiss lines and the post processing on them remind me so much of The Many on System Shock 2. And that's great.

What is the board anyway? The collective of the all previous Service Weapon users or some shit?

I don't think it's ever truly explained what they are. They've seemingly been around as long as the Oldest House has, if not longer, and are apparently the principal power in the Astral Plane. And only the Director can actually communicate with them, via the Hotline. Anyone else who tries suffers "permanent psychic damage."

Sony will buy remedy after this flops

Is this game

>difficult
>thought-provoking
>as good a story as a Nolan/Kubrick movie?

>difficult
Yes.

>thought-provoking
Depends on how you go about things.

>as good a story as a Nolan/Kubrick movie?
Closer to something like Twin Peaks.

>got for free with GPU
>was for the epic shit store
>no preload
>not available for download at midnight or 1 am PST
>Finally am able to download it during the day
>whopping 1 mbps or less download speeds when I get at least 10mbps from steam and other services

Nope

Hope not. I would hate not to be able to play Remedy games on PC, as tradition demands.

Epic is way better though, so it's okay that downloads are a little slow.

you know, the alan wake universe sound like it could be actually an SCP universe

and that would make it even better if the industry pull that off

I got it started and it makes a really good first impression outside of the technical wonkiness on the PS4. Hope it stays this good all the way through.

Quantum Break was a “flop” and still sold more than expected, so take from that what you will

how can selling more than expected be considered a flop?

that sounds kinda lovecraftian

they should make a twist and make it an SCP universe, it totally fits for that

Yeah, it fits thematically, but how would licences work for that?

It absolutely is. Alan Wake is a big Lovecraft homage, and Control has connections to it.

>Microsoft didn’t greenlight a sequel
Critically a “flop”, but technically/commercially it was successful
QB just came out at a veeerry unfortunate time

I like how at the start of the maintenance level you can just break the windows instead of waiting to get clearance 2.

can a cheapboi PC w/ a 970 run this game without melting?

Yes. Minimun requirement is GTX780

>dude lifeless office buildings and ubisoft kusoge gameplay lmao
truly the game of the year

Attached: 1565932865801.jpg (550x422, 35K)

do SCP even have licenses? i thought it was just a bunch of neckbeards horror fans that hated fanfiction and created their own site

Cool thanks
Was hoping I didn’t have to upgrade, although I remember Quantum Break ran kinda chunky on release

Dumb frogposter.

SCP uses Creative Commons, which prevents illegal shit like that one Russian who tried to claim the entirety of SCP for himself.

Ubisoft would have to overdose on ketamine to come up with an original game like this

Yeah, and that's why you can't exactly profit out of it. Creative Commons doesn't allow for profit uses.

thats gay, and dumb, since the creators of the stories could make a profit selling the licenses to Remedy at least the licenses of the best SCPs

IN THE TOWN CALLED ORDINARY.
AN EYE OF LIGHT REVEALS A GATEWAY TO DOOMSDAY.

isnt it funny that creative commons doesnt allow profit uses but if someone else profit with it they make you profit out of legal lawsuits?

Control only makes me even more butt hurt that there’s no quantum break 2 considered the main character is essentially Beth Wilder wtf I hate you miscrosfot ;__;

Attached: 47DA9ACF-BBFD-45CB-A863-0DA04E8800BB.jpg (250x250, 16K)

eurogamer.net/articles/2019-07-01-alan-wake-developer-remedy-regains-publishing-rights

They probably could, but most SCP writers write original fiction as well (the guy behind the Antimemetics stuff also made Fine Structure), and several projects have been very quickly kickstarted, so the license isn't that big a limiter.

It's mostly there to keep ssholes from trying to steal all of the content they make and run off with zero ability for them to retaliate or recover it.

the game reminds me more of Psy-ops actually

and that hurts more

how long until Microsoft surrenders Quantum Break publishing rights?
Asking for a devoted fren

>Hey I wanna buy this on my preferred client to not split my library
>lol get fucked, we spent millions to force you to buy this game on our client
>Alright fine, I'll fucking pirate it you cunt
You can't even pull the YOUR HURTING THE DEVS :( bullshit when Epic paid them for this stupid fucking deal

Attached: jej.jpg (828x766, 53K)

>Twin Peaks
which season?

Then Remedy should really consider have at least a talk with the people behind SCP

If control ended with an SCP hint, I would have screamed like a girl

arent there already shitty games on steam that use SCP content?

I bet you always scream like a girl don’t lie

The Return.

There's Containment Breach, Secret Lab, and Blackout (which is part of a much larger kickstarter funded project) off the top of my head. Don't know if there's more.

As far as I know, shitty free games, yes.

you know that you can add games to the steam library even if they arent on steam, right?

there is literally no excuse to cause an epic vs steam war other than being a brainlet

I really wish there was more to the melee than just a shock wave. I feel like you could do some cooler shit.

blackout scp is 19$ on steam

maybe the protag doesnt know how to fight in melee and just spam her powers because of that

That's fine but maybe you could've used the telekinesis to pick things up and melee people with it or just general items around the area.

I didn't knew that one existed. Huh, wonder how that works and where the profits go.

I'm more or less fine with it. I don't expect Jesse to be going full Bayonetta on people or anything.

99% certain those funds are going into work for larger projects.

Are any of the events of Quantum Break mentioned in this game?
Would be a sick crossover.

They're hinted at in several documents and Ahti's song he sings at times is basically a massive reference to all the major Remedy games.

there's a part indeed where teh game fuckz ur mum lulz

There's a ton of references to Control in Quantum Break, such as the town of Ordinary, AWEs and one of the Quantum ripples leads to rumors about the Bureau. But references to QB on Control seems to be more scarce.

>This post was brought to you by the Board

this is bait, right?

>le faggit that hate everything

What if that Shifter dude was from FBC??
That might explain a bit, no?

I'd play it if it ran decently. I play most single player games in 4k, but my 1080ti can't push through such shit optimisation. They fooled me with Quantum Break, not this time Remedy, I don't care how good it looks.

Hatch? Nah, the FBC works to prevent catastrophes, Hatch wants it to happen. Maybe he was corrupted.

Shifters would probably welcome existence being destroyed, since their current state of being/non-being is absolutely hellish. It's part of the reason why Hatch is so willingly to bring about the End of Time, since Shifters are the only things that will remain.

how freely the game let you have fun and be creative with it's mechanics? like throwing an object far up in the air and later grab it as it's falling down or shit like that? I'm getting it either way, I just didn't watch too much gameplay vids about it and interested

Fuck 4k, just do 1080.
Still looks great to me.

Attached: Control_Screenshot_2019.08.27_-_21.13.42.100.png (1920x1080, 3.46M)

You can do some pretty fun stuff with the physics, but generally due to how the system for the telekinesis works, you can't really react fast enough to grab an object out of the air like that unless it's either floating, or it rebounds off something.

> like throwing an object far up in the air and later grab it as it's falling down or shit like that?
Definitely not that degree. It just grabs something nearby, usually the thing your looking at, but otherwise it might just grab a chunk of the ground even if you weren't looking there. It will always give you something to throw.

>t. underage faggot that is obsessed with SCP and needs everything to be connected to SCP

>all of Remedy's intellectual property put into one universe
>that universe revealed to be a little footnote in another universe built from a bunch of creepypasta on some wiki
No, that would be shit.

Might as well have Death Stranding reveal that the Metal Gear series canonically takes place on one of the planets that gets used as a projectile in Amid Evil.

In the menu I see I have these points in the upper right corner. When I die the points go down and doing stuff increases them. The fuck are they?

still sounds fun, I'm sure flying around mixes things up and I liked what I've seen of the shooting, I haven't played a tps game in a while where you can run at a normal speed and shoot at the same time for some reason and I'm missing it

what if different people have different tastes, like different aesthetics, wear black shirts instead of white ones, like a different flavour of ice cream instead of your favourite flavour of ice cream?
Woah. Some 1984 shit, right?

>4K
your 1080ti is barely equipped to handle that. grats for falling for the 4K marketing meme you retarded fag

Why do I get the feeling the Board only brings Jesse into the Astral Realm because they like being silly around her? Some of their lines really give off this impression.

Any tips on how to get good and not die from Tommasi?

Lovecraft by way of Stephen King, maybe.

Move behind cover as much as you can. Don't bother trying to use Launch against him, as he'll casually dodge out of the way 90% of the time. Focus him down when you can, such as those moments when he's gathering stuff yo throw at you.

I really like their speech gimmick and how sometimes it uses vidya terms

If you throw shit at him when he starts amassing projectiles, he'll drop it all as he dodges

Man this game is fucked on ps4. I just saw a puzzle cube duplicate itself when it fell off the wall on to the floor.

Autistic question but does this game have blood/bullet holes when you shoot people?

Have fun, guys!
>Control-HOODLUM

Attached: my creepy photo 61.jpg (623x623, 44K)

Genuinely unsettling IMO.

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.08.27 - 13.17.04.82.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

jesse's ass is so fucking sniffable jesus christ
more games need to do the tight jeans tall waifu aesthetic ala Juli Kidman

There's a wounding system but the enemies don't bleed, instead they leak a sort of mist that distorts everything behind it and burst or dissolve into a big cloud of it when they die, it looks really cool.

Anyone else crash after a second from turning on any ray tracing option on a GTX card? I'm running latest drivers, 1070. Could run the atomic heart RTX demo fine, but Control keeps crashing.

based retard

There's a system for wounds and damage, but the Hiss corrupted don't bleed. They expel 'resonance' like gas leaking from a container when damaged, and usually burst into clouds of it upon death.

Is Max Payne not part of the whole Wakeverse?
I thought Payne, Quantum, Wake, and now Control takes place in the same universe.

I don't know if MP is part of the universe, but AW, QB and Control are definitely connected.

There's several Max Payne references in the game, but the rights to that are even further out of Remedy's hands than QB's. So the most they can do is have some documents Shinto to it being connected, or Ahti humming some stuff that references it.

Wake authored a series of crime novels in his Alex Casey series that are essentially a knock-off of Max Payne, the power of his writing might have made them real.

It's unsettling, but also comforting in a way since you know the Board are genuinely benevolent. They're jsut really weird and alien.

>Yfw Quantum Break and Control collide with Alan Wake 2.

Yeah but nobody realized he was a dark hand until the end of QB
He’s been alive for thousands of years. Who’s to say Hatch doesn’t have connections?
Interesting theories all around.

This is all just speculation btw.

I legit would love a crossover game of the characters.

Attached: CEA63B9B-82E4-4A7A-8BBE-90C02B94C055.jpg (720x1063, 89K)

How does this run on a 970?

Decently from what I hear, but not maxed out.

If I steal my friends PlayStation to play this game, how long do I have to beat it before he notices its gone?

Attached: F11235C3-78A1-46A0-A158-A0C2DA1EA984.jpg (200x200, 8K)

It would reveal that Alan Wake is actually smack dab in the center of the AWE nonsense and the fate of the entire world rests in his hands.

>connected to quantum break
I haven't played control yet but I'm guessing they don't address the fact the world is going to get fucked in 2021?

They don’t even address that in QB tbqfh
>tfw no squekal

Ancestors is really fucking bad. Stop downloading that to free up some DL.

based

>Remedy Entertainment, the developer of Control, has alluded to Altered World Events on multiple occasions in previous games. In the Alan Wake blog "This House of Dreams" (2012), there is a scene in which a federal agent appears wearing a badge that reads "AWE".[1]In Quantum Break (2016), one Quantum Ripple event will cause numerous conspiracies to arise on the Internet regarding a "Bureau of Altered World Events," affiliated with the organization Monarch Solutions. [2] Additionally, a chalkboard in Quantum Break mentions the acronym AWE as standing for either "Altered World Event" or "Alan Wake Experience."[3] Graffiti reading "AWE" can be found throughout Quantum Break.

The stage has been set from the start. Quantum Break and Control are actually just glorified spinoffs to Alan Wake. This is almost like Kingdom Hearts - all this lore buildup in side material until the main event.

Please post an image I can't find any

Holy fucking based
Thanks for the paste job user

Attached: 92635C0B-19AE-4BB5-9937-8D3AF1A3D309.jpg (250x244, 18K)

so with all the running around and fighting, jesse MUST be drenched in sweat, and alot of it has fermented around her crotch area and arm pits, right?
she must smell really sweaty I assume, don't you think Yea Forumsros? weird take I know haha

How is QB? I dont remember anyone even talked about it back when it was released. Was it such a huge flop? To anyone that played it how the gameplay?

Gameplay is average but story is phenomenal

>release driver specifically for enabling DX12 ray tracing on GTX cards
>enable DX12 ray tracing on GTX card
>oh shit it crashes

LOMA RETARD WAT DID U EXPECT?????

Attached: 1566493745737[1].png (231x218, 9K)

Is it safe to safe the only ones who gave Control a chance were Remedy fans?
I been looking forward to it and it's been fun yet majority of Yea Forums shits on it for a female protagonist.
I get Quantum Break had a shit ton of cutscenes and even had it's TV series that played during the game, but Control actually uses a lot of the cool super powers with less on filming.
I still like QB for the fun time powers but Control uses the mind shit for powers without all the TV shows.

graphics whores whined about Quantum Break so they will most certainly complain about Control

Just play the fucking game you tards

The sad truth is the most important story/lore details were left in transcripts, not the ‘TV shows’

say thank you

Attached: 1566925136836.png (696x493, 304K)

didn't give a shit about alan wake or qb but control looked pretty neat so i gave it a pirate.
now if only it wouldn't randomly fucking crash

unplayable on non pro ps4

maybe try buying the game idk

Any 2080Ti chad playing experimenting with rtx settings? What's a good compromise?

it's drm free you mongoloid

literally almost nothing is connected to SCP, it would actually be something new in the big budget games world (indie games dont count here)

so you are just a cynnical asshole, move on

wow then it shouldn’t be crashing at all! lol

Get a better gaming rig, poorfag.

dilate

>buying games at launch

I’m not the one experiencing crashes you illiterate scum bag
game runs fine unless you’re (You) or otherwise retarded, or both

Given how the Oldest House functions, I doubt the End of Time would really affect it or the FBC. They have more to worry about from the Dark Presence potentially winning than they do Hatch's keikaku.

yes you fucking retard, it shouldn't meaning that the fault is on remedy for releasing a broken, unoptimized game

excuse me for wanting to play a game with the visuals the developer intended it to be played with

I have an RTX 2060 and it does 60FPS maxed out with RT if you turn on DLSS. So I guess 2080Ti can safely do 4K 60FPS with RT and DLSS.
Now, DLSS is not the best, but it's worth it for the amazing lightning.

Hasn’t crashed at all for me m8, maybe try buying the game?
Have you tried buying the game?
Maybe that will work. Try that.

>ching chong buy this drm free game, surely this will fix issues
are all epicfags this retarded?

IT'S ALL CONNECTED

How will it run on a GTX 760 + FX-6300?

must be your PC that’s retarded then

alan wake is nice and all, but i dont think his game or character should be the center of this game universe, i hope remedy continue to expand more of this aside from alan wake

I'm pretty sure 760 is the exact minimum, but good fucking luck getting it to run on a 6300

>game crashes
>user posts most obvious solution
>STFU YOURE RETARDED
kek

What solution? Buying the game? They haven't released a single patch since release so I don't see how that would fix anything, considering the fact that the pirated version of the game is the exact same version as the retail version.

Remedy always makes good shit. Their worst game is probably Quantum Break and it's not really even that bad

No problem, enjoy your bitcoin miner.

Attached: 1566459581770.jpg (1024x575, 70K)

I doubt Alan will be the major hero of the entire setting. Just one of them.

Jack Joyce would make a good antagonist, the ending of Quantum Break sets him up as being slowly corrupted.

I've got an RX480 (GTX970 equiv) and the game runs great at 1080p. I also paid for the game.

are you sure you aren't using the upscaling setting which renders the game at like 720p and upscales it to 1080p? quantum break had the same setting and most people didn't realise it was on. most benchmarks are showing even gtx 2080 struggling to get 60 fps in this game that's why.

Jack, Serene, and Hatch are all evolutionary steps of each other
So yeah while Jack could become a bad dude, Serene would also become a shifter.

It's honestly kind of horrifying just how corruptive and awful Quantum Break time travel is. It's literally unusable unless you're the kind of person who thinks becoming an utterly insane, omnicidal eldritch horror counts as a good time.

Well it’s just that (as far as anyone knows) that high-chronon exposure turns you into a shifter.
Serene was taking medication to prevent this, but then Quantum Break happened.

Botched torrent or your computer is fucked up somewhere.

I'd go with choice 2, since you're the only one I've ever seen whining about crashing.

its not as weird or charming as other Remedy games, feels more like a blockbuster spielbergian venture, the time travel aspect is done very well though

So from what I have seen from other people playing it, it looks super fucked man. I don't think it is indicative of the general experience but those moments absolutely brings it to its knees. We are talking single digit framerate at some point.
lmao

Did you rike it Sam?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZFeU29sB7Q&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SamLakeRMD/status/1108007626510647298

Attached: samjima.jpg (1024x706, 109K)

Didn't mean to reply.

Thats ok. Im a poorfag atm so I can't afford any game (let alone food) at this point.

I'm not the one complaining you retard, I have the game pirated and it works flawlessly

I’m with you user
Considering selling my computer to buy this game

I hope they take inspiration from how TLOUpt2 is looking for Alan Wake 2. Just in overall visual style and how the animation work is done.

Not an option for me as a programmer in the end sprint of my software development education.
My dad actually stopped using his computer all together (it is a 12 year old shitshow anyway at this point) and is not just using tablets and smartphones for all his computer needs.

Can somebody spoil me the whole plot?
I love Remedy's games, MP1 and 2, I've played all the Alan Wake games, but didn't play Quantum Break (weak computer) and just read up the plot summary. What about Control? I've read that it's connected to other Remedy games? What's the catch?

Attached: shot0101.jpg (1024x768, 81K)

>dead letters
>that reference to the demon halloween toy
how is sam lake such a fucking good writer

i'ttl get worse i promise
hang on brother

Don't want to support EGS, EGS is not engaging in capitalism but in buying up the rights to sell games so nobody else can, which is bringing the biz back to the stoneage.

I'm not buying a game for EGS prices, I'll pirate and eventually buy at a better price after pirating.

Attached: 1558642105329.jpg (728x575, 179K)

Not supporting chinkshit companies is a great reason to not buy anything on the EGS.

I'm with this guy. I'm all for buying this game because what I've seen of it I really like, but I'll pick it up when it hopefully eventually hits a platform other than EGS or anything involved with Tencent.

>i'ttl get worse i promise
lmao
>hang on brother
Nothing else to do than hang on. But I do see a future for myself so even though im poor now, I wont be in the very near future. Just another 6 months and I am done with my education and I can begin making quite a bit of money.

imagine buying a game that uses fake ray tracers not even rendered in 4k

Game is boring as hell. You do nothing, its not engaging. Feels like a mod.
I regret even wasting time pirating it. That monkey game looks like its gonna be just as bad.

yeah it's pretty boring like a walking sim. i'm gonna smoke a joint and maybe i'll enjoy it more.

Anyone else have the menus at control points incredibly unresponsive? I feel like I have to mash the button to select something in the menu or hold the direction for a minute to move to the next item.

Kinda makes sense, an eldritch being such as the board/house wouldn't have any concept of retirement, as they are immortal and unchanging, so they just make it as if Jesse has always been the director.