So how badly did it bomb?

So how badly did it bomb?

Attached: Octopath Traveler.jpg (616x353, 68K)

it wasn't bad, it just got repetitive

had flaws but I liked it

It's a poor man's SaGa game and the only reason anyone cared about it was because it came out in the middle of a horrific drought for the Switch.

Nostalgia fags went crazy for this lazy attempt at their feeble pasts.
So, sooo happy retards realized that this type of game is dead.

So is there no overarching plot?

Twas shite

Sold incredibly on switch and bombed on PC. Overall it was very successful.

Ophilia
Cyrus
Tressa
Olberic
Primrose
Alfyn
Therion
H'aanit

its the little things

I want to fuck Primrose AND Tressa

There's a big bad that pops out of nowhere real quick once you do all the character stories, but otherwise no.

There is but you have to get to the post-game dungeon.
The man who saved Alfyn's life as a child is the man who left the notebook Tressa got from Leonhart's boat, and was warped into redeye who H'aanit fights at the end of her story, which is why she couldn't read into it like normal beasts.
Hornburg was sacked because it led to the gate of Finnis which is where the evil God, Galdera is sealed, Lyblac helped Werner plot Hornbug's downfall, so she could get to the gate, and empowered potential followers like Simeon, Matthias who was getting his cult, and Yvon, and Garth

Very hard because soulless and fell for le retro meme

>best girl was a LITERAL whore
Could you live with it, bros?

Attached: prim.jpg (600x840, 117K)

Didn't it get like 2m sales? Pretty great if you ask me.

Attached: 1545567470674.png (514x352, 32K)

That's nothing. Tomb Raider bombed with twice that.

i couldnt even finish one character story.
the game was so fucking boring. good music though.

Tomb Raider also cost a fuckton more

>Tomb Raider bombed with twice that.
you do realize that tomb raider has a much bigger budget, right?

>poor man's SaGa game
>it has a story and characters instead of fucking around where the only character who matters, if even, is your main

>Couldn't even Finish one character story
You'll have done about 70% of the game at least by the time you get 4 chars at a decent enough level to attempt an endgame boss,

Not only is Tomb Raider older, but it costs more to make and the cinematic genre is much less niche than RPGs these days.
In comparison, despite Persona 5 being more popular, it sold around as much as Octopath.

>it has a story and characters
barely. and i hope you're not implying that saga doesn't have a story and characters, because that would just show that you're a zoomer.

I would hire her, yes.

Needed more/better character interactions

Attached: 1535725754363.png (817x891, 32K)

Did anyone expect this to do well? Boring name, boring look, boring gameplay, overdone setting, etc.

Attached: 1566663117904.png (523x536, 420K)

no one expected it to do well, but it was a success anyways

Why still no lewds? It not fair!

Octopath sold big. Over a million copies in the first month on Switch, at total of at least 1.5 million now. Another 100,000+ on Steam.
Each "I hate tombs" Tomb Raider had a AAA budget of at least $75 million each, likely far more. The first had mediocre sales, everyone saw it was lame as shit, and the sequel rightfully sold way worse on every metric.
Octopath was made for a few million. It made back all of its money severalfold within the first month.
Primrose is pure. The only one more pure than Primrose is Ophilia.

Attached: Ophilia2.jpg (623x823, 75K)

Primrose is absolutely not pure

Very pure.

>Only one more pure than primrose is Ophilia.
How was Tressa, Cyrus, Alfyn, or H'aanit less pure?

so bad that it got a fucking pc port

They released at the same retail price retard.

Which made it a way better game, yeah.

Persona 5 far outsold Octopath, as it was on a platform that people actually care about.

Developing for Switch is far more expensive and difficult than it is for other platforms.

>costs more in Russia and Mexico than in the US
literally no one bought this on Steam, not a single living soul

Tressa is always looking for a bargain.
Cyrus's intellectual curiosity and silver tongue gets him into trouble constantly. Some of his students and cohorts have definitely dragged him into a side room on more than one occasion.
Alfyn has to make ends meet somehow since he rarely accepts money for his medicine work.
H'aanit goen the wayeth of naturen.
They all have shit Evasion too, meanwhile Primrose's high Evasion stat allowed her to dodge all corruption.

He means Tomb Raider cost a lot more to make, how are you like this?

Who let the kid in?

You genuinely can't be this dumb, can you?

>implying Tressa can't do sidestep to dodge it.
She had to have Primrose explain what a brothel was to her

Yeah I'd be fine with it. She's the type of girl who would 180 if she loved you and become fanatically devoted.

It was a huge success. Granted that their expectations were low to begin with.

At the same time?

Attached: 1360972427164.gif (600x338, 1.06M)

>New IP sold one million in its first month

That's a success, retard.

Tomb Raider: Sequels

Octopath: Doesn't get shit

Tell me which is more successful.

Not with those gloves. They fucking knew what they were doing

At least there's The Alliance Alive, gonna be weird seeing 3DS graphics ported to PS4 though.

She did it out of necessity, but I think she has the hearth of a pure maiden, only corrupted by unfortunate circumstances.

HOLY SHIT WHAT?

Attached: 1564626306774.gif (384x288, 1.7M)

Attached: 936.jpg (625x626, 33K)

it felt like the people who made it made a game because they loved snes rpgs, not because they wanted to make a good game. it was mediocre at best