Say what you will about FFX but it has good worldbuilding, engaging story and decent lore...

Say what you will about FFX but it has good worldbuilding, engaging story and decent lore. It's a little thin on exposition when it comes to finer story points, like how Tidus' Zanarkand has a physical location out to sea which is why Sin patrols the ocean, but overall it's an enjoyable JRPG

Attached: 1539194577529.jpg (1000x1270, 155K)

Post more Rikku

Dra uhmo drehk E yna ypuid ec Yuna. E fyhd du ryja y rynt syga-uid cacceuh fedr ran. E's dymgehk ypuid bnuban vyla-cilgehk. E fyhd du vaam ran fyns yht fad duhkia fnekkmehk ynuiht ehceta uv so suidr frema E tnehg ran tameleuic cbed. Drah fa lyh cbuuh nekrd yc fa vymm ycmaab dukadran.

Attached: 1494938103239.jpg (3000x4000, 2.17M)

>good worldbuilding

No.

>Tidus' Zanarkand has a physical location out to sea
Well Tidus' Zanarkand is effectively an Aeon that is constantly being summoned by the Dream of the Fayth. It's as physcial as Aeons are.

Ok I just don't get it, Tidus, Dream Zanarkand, Auron, Jecht, and the entire population of Dream Zanarkand are all an Aeon summoned by Yu Yevon because ______? Also isn't every living creature on Spira made out of the spirit shit that Tidus disintegrates into, so how are the dream people physically different than non-dream people? Also thanks for posting my OG Waifu

No, Tidus and Dream Zanarkand are Aeon summoned by Yu Yevon from a Fayth made out of most of the population of true Zanarkand, Auron is an unsent. That spirit shit, the "pyreflies" is just spiritual energy, I guess there's no real difference between the dream Zanarkand population and a real human until the summoner (Yu Yevon) stops summoning.

Was she still your waifu when she turned into a slut in the sequel?

Attached: 1040730.jpg (1000x800, 312K)

why was Yu Yevon summoning Tidus, because it needed to kill him to convert him into the new Sin or to keep his dad there or something? Sorry played it a long time ago and the whole Yu Yevon part didn't make sense

Yuna is the best girl across all of Final Fantasy.

nope, never played FFX2 so its not part of my headcanon. Convenient how that works

Boy, that is a very VERY bold statement

Attached: Aeris 181.jpg (599x675, 67K)

>the entire population of Dream Zanarkand are all an Aeon summoned by Yu Yevon because ______
because the alternative was genocide at the hands of their enemies during the machina war. Yu Yevon immortalized his culture and destroyed the rest of the world out of spite at the same time.

Go back to the hellhole sandbox you came from bruddah.

Childhood is loving X Rikku
Teenage years is loving X-2 Rikku
Adulthood is understanding that Rikku selfcest is the best option

Attached: Rikkus.jpg (651x882, 860K)

One thing I never understood - why did Yunalesca want to defeat her father? Assuming she was one of the survivors of the machina war, wouldn't she have wanted Zanarkand to be preserved too?

>Tidus, Dream Zanarkand, Auron, Jecht, and the entire population of Dream Zanarkand are all an Aeon summoned by Yu Yevon because ______?
Auron is not a dream, he's a native Spiran just as much as Braska or Yuna. He lived in the Dream at Jecht's request to raise/protect Tidus. The beginning of the game is Jecht pulling Auron and Tidus out of the dream to bring about the end of the cycle.
Dream Zanarkand was summoned by Yu Yevon and all the summoners of real Zanarkand as a means of preserving their civilization when on the edge of destruction by Bevelle. Sin guards it and destroys technology to ensure the dream continues indefinitely and Zanarkand lives on in a sense.
>Also isn't every living creature on Spira made out of the spirit shit that Tidus disintegrates into,
Yes, Pyreflies. Basically souls, but not dispersed across multiple spirits instead of a single indivisible spirit.
>so how are the dream people physically different than non-dream people?
As far as we know they aren't. Aeons and dream people are every bit as physical as everyone else. The primary difference is that if the summoning stops giving them form they disperse back into pyreflies. Since Tidus is sustained by the same summoning that gives Sin form, if one disappears, the other must as well.

Attached: 1565972574674.jpg (300x200, 39K)

Because the summoner doesn't really have control over what the aeon will look like, and the Dream Zanarkand is made up from thousands of fayth (remember the wall of fayth you come across in Zanarkand?), so it's pretty much constructed from their dreams and memories, Yu Yevon only summons it into reality. Also, there's no telling how much of the Dream Zanarkand each fayth is responsible for constructing, so even if Yu Yevon were no longer a mindless summoning machine, I doubt he would be able to stop summoning from that one fayth responsible for Jecht and Tidus because they might also be dreaming a bunch of other important shit. Basically Jecht really did get washed out to sea and ended up in real Spira, Auron managed to come back by hitching a ride on Jecht/Sin, the final time he comes back for Tidus is when Jecht finally loses control over Sin.
TL;DR - Yu Yevon really doesn't plan or control anything in the game's main story

Al-Behd filth.

Attached: 1565017521136.jpg (1200x628, 182K)

that is the one thing about ffxv that is inexcusable besides the gameplay, the world building
at least, ffx, ffxii, and ffxiii at got that right

No, it's a certainty of life. Death, taxes and Yuna best girl.

Attached: 4Pd6qL.jpg (1024x768, 625K)

Because Sin was never meant to hurt the people of Spira, maybe Bevelle but not everyone else. Sin first and foremost was armor to protect Yu Yevon while he endlessly summoned Dream Zanarkand. When he eventually lost his humanity, Yunalesca took it upon herself to stop him. She might well have been aware it would only cause a calm and not truly defeat him, afterall the Dream Zanarkand never seems to disappear when Sin has been defeated in the past because Yu Yevon himself is never killed, only the Sin armor.

The only ff games i played were 4 as a kid and 6 chapters of revenant wings. What ff game should i start with to get into the series

>Aeris best girl
FTFY

Attached: Aeris 160.gif (245x300, 1016K)

You can just keep playing onwards from FFV in that case. VII, VIII and IX are graphically pretty rough these days, X has aged pretty well, XII too. XIII is where it starts to take a steep nosedive and XV should never have been classed as a mainline Final Fantasy title.

So five and 12?

I just wish we explored more of the cities. The game had too many fields and stuff while we barely even saw the inside of Zanarkand or Bevelle.

No I mean just start playing from FFV onward. If rough/choppy graphics really bother you then you'll likely not enjoy FF7,8 and 9 these days. X and XII good but they're quite different from the earlier games, and everything after XII has been kind of shit.

Fuck you I liked Blitzball

Attached: 4a4a42e6ec9eed3a96048f076341517a14e4908c.jpg (1024x576, 165K)

Blitz in FFXIV when?

Never

XIV minigames have all been bombs afaik. I wish they at least could have kept the full thing in X-2

Attached: blitzball (2).jpg (280x280, 12K)

Yeah Bevelle at least really should have had more exploration.

It needs to happen, and should have instead of the stupid minon game.

A lot of people play mahjong and triple triad, and when content is stale the saucer with teh gates is the main source of entertainment.

Spira is probably my favorite fictional world

Attached: tumblr_mi4dy4B32S1s2f1k3o7_250.gif (245x150, 750K)

Same. It was basically Azn Middle Earth and even the journey/fellowship to Zanarkand theme reminded me so much of Lord of the Rings.

Ok, I'll say that I really wanna smooch Rikku's tummy.

Ya know, people shit on ff13 for being a "hallway sim" but I'll be fucked if ff10 wasn't just as bad

Give me an honest take ff13 fag. Everyone here hates the game but what do you think are its strongest points? Convince me to play it

FF13's linear crime more than anything was that its corridors really were corridors and there was NO backtracking until Gran Pulse, I think a lot of people probably quit before they even reached that as it's about 50hrs in.

Gippal must have been a Sex God to be able to turn Rikku into the cock addicted little slut who fucked half of Spira in FFX-2

Not him but I thought the general combat was good. Refreshing resources after a fight is a good thing not a bad thing because it allows the devs to design fights as encounters where you actually use your resources instead of dungeon crawls being "spam attack to save on ethers" the entire game. Also, /ss/ and music was pretty good.

So someone explain the story Pls. How can sin be jecht? How can tidus and auron travel into the future? What the fuck was seymors intention and problem? I haven t played since the ps2 days, please be gentle

not him but

Buffs & Debuffs are important throughout the game, no other FF game has this

the combat has a lot of depth hidden in it, unfortunately the game does not advertise it well
for example your first paradigm shift instantly refills all the party's atb gauge, and this has a 12s cooldown throughout combat, there's no way to see the cooldown but it is a very real thing and encourages you to swap paradigms often, atleast every 12 seconds.
the roles buff particular aspects of the combat, the more Ravs in a paradign the faster the break bar fills, the more commando's the more physical damage your party deals.
more Sabs increase chance of landing debuffs, more Syn's increase buff duration etc.

all the items belong to an item group, and equiping enough of a particular group offers additional benefits in addition to the items themselves, indeed one such group offers immunity to physical or magical damage.

there's a finesse to the combat that the auto-battle doesnt offer, its not terrible it can just be done better manually, you can force characters to act when any ATB bar is full if you wish, you dont need to wait for all of them to fill, the AI will attempt to mix up various attacks, for example when an enemy has no elemental weakess the AI uses a mixture of all the elements because mixing it up adds damage, but the role of the rav is to fill the break bar, and spamming spells like thunder is more more effective because thunder has no travel time, compared to blizzard which takes forever.

i really wish the game had a hard mode, or that every boss cast doom on the party at the start like the Eidolon fights, the lack of pressure on the player ends up having many people play like shit with having medics in every paradigm, which is completely redundant and un-needed.

Did you not finish the game? When a summoner reaches the end of their pilgrammage, they have to choose one of their guardians to become the Final Aeon. For Lord Braska's pilgrammage, Jecht offered to become the Aeon, when the Final Aeon is used to defeat Sin, Yu Yevon posesses the Final Aeon and slowly turns it into the new Sin.

You should honestly just play the game again at that rate, it sounds like you'd essentially be experiencing it for the first time.