IT'S OUT

IT'S OUT

Attached: frostpunk.jpg (1230x1004, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pvt1NSBg-Ow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A good game, ignored.
Lost in time.
Love to be found in a bargain bin or humble bundle

Time to die.

Attached: image.gif (1000x403, 1.64M)

>literally a map and a bridge you can build
>$5

loved frostpunk but this is bullshit

yikes

Never heard of this game.

Comfy game to one point but then it's just frustrating.

You mean it's frustrating to a point then it's comfy

not really. I enjoy the starting struggle but after a while it gets just annoying.

The first couple days are always the most important. When you run into problems later on, it's due to messing up days before.
The game is heavy on positive and negative feedback

I didn't know this was getting DLC. What exactly did this add?

Frost Punk is like a typical city builder but with a sense of urgency that is unique to the genre, the game will make you feel like you have no chance against the frost especially the main campaign.

Attached: 1566868602205.jpg (1536x2048, 390K)

Looks like you have to build a bridge in a new never ending map. So absolutely nothing.

A new type of map with rifts and an associated bridge structure. Not much.

Didn't know this game existed
Looks cool, I might pirate it later

>play game
>final freeze
>didn't make it, game over
>seen basically everything
>never play the game again
>feels pointless because of how it ended
I understand the importance of the gravity of mistakes and learning from them, but it's quite discouraging being asked to restart only at the very end of the game. The more ideal structure would have me stumble harder towards the beginning/middle, and make it through the end with the experience and knowhow gained from those mistakes. What occured, for me in particular, was mostly smooth sailing up until the very end (nothing game over related at least). It is an unfortunate series of events, but I don't entirely afford it all to chance. I wish more would've been done to make the experience less crushing to the point of being discouraged from ever launching it again. Again, this feeling is mostly due to the fact that I had nothing new to experience. This feels like a mistaken experience. Mine was one which should not have occured.

not just loading an earlier game to succeed. It's not that hard to beat a campaign but very difficult to accomplish everything.

>It's not that hard to beat a campaign but very difficult to accomplish everything.
I believe it. I looked for a video of the ending on youtube. The guy had some bizarre, ugly min maxing going on, and he beat the final phase with hardly any setbacks at all. It's been about a year, so I don't remember much. I definitely don't consider myself well versed in the game, I just found it dissapointing that I couldn't see it through despite my efforts.

The game has somewhat misleading difficulty curve. The beginning is pretty rough, but then as your city grows and you complete more researches it becomes easier and easier until it feels completely trivial. It creates an illusion that you're doing completely fine when in reality you are actually severely lagging behind on research and coal extraction. And then one day the game informs you that nope, you fucked up, next time start stocking up coal and food much earlier. I managed to survive, but I lost like 3/4 of population. I feel if I knew from the beginning about the storm I would complete it without losing a single citizen.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pvt1NSBg-Ow

I feel like you lose a lot of the game in second playthroughs, from knowing what's coming up.
You're pretty much never held back by timed changes of circumstances, one of the few I can think of is Tesla City only appearing after Winterhome.
This means the whole game runs on a timer where not only you can to do everything as soon as possible, you should. Even on the hardest difficulties, it's possible to "beat the game" by ensuring enough production and tech many days before, so the last stretch is just timeskipping, when it should be tense. On the flipside, when you start losing you can tellway before and just throw the game, like how in chess they concede on the middle of the match

I have no idea what the guy did, but I don't find the winning strategies all that ugly. In the early game everything is about production, as you need to get many buildings up. That means man-hours is the most important. You use the work laws to increase hours worked, including as many emergencies as you can. You take soup to increase the production of your hunters, etc.
After that hurdle, tech is the most important. You'll only win the game when you have enough tech. So more labs, longer hours and MOST IMPORTANTLY, keep them working through the night. That's at least 10 hours per day research could be advancing. Rotate emergency shifts, and/or use automatons.
I really mean it, if you weren't doing this, the game will be a breeze. Just pick the right techs too

wish there was the option to have neighboring NPC cities that you could interact with.

Trade some hot water bottles and kids for coal?

So it's not even a campaign? Well, that explains the seasons pass then. This is just padding to make the pass more appealing when it gets everything.