How is your game going anons?

How is your game going anons?

Attached: 1566769270366.png (1280x518, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VQPqmS5iGzY?t=16
mega.nz/#!68RjgSZD!jibJ_NDZAwL-GE7-5vadKM039NH2CcwqZgjzF6Y4EB8
youtube.com/watch?v=DAOqHepEJ8k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Got some more enemies done, waiting for my battle sprites guy to send me the first character, and got the first 2 hours mapped out and just need scripting. Looking for/make an 8 way directional plugin cause grid based JRPGs are kinda janked. Also wanting to get a custom window scheme going

Attached: Untitled.png (1271x723, 1.66M)

I managed to add boob physics & butt physics, I need to start animating, but I'm not sure if my CPU can handle it

Neat.

It will be done by the end of september, next week I'm going to find courage to create social media accounts and market my game, the only thing I hope for, is that someone will have fun playing it.

Attached: 1532811977167.png (137x281, 77K)

That looks pretty cool user, keep it up!

I've been working on an sci-fi RPG. I think I might be able to finish it by the end of next summer since my full-time job keeps my busy. You fight battles and have sim and VN segments inbetween.

I usually post demos and progress in /agdg/ if it's something notable.

Attached: magnetic bonds alcor hub.png (1129x635, 445K)

you are doing the art too?

Bad. Downloaded this, started reading the manuals but it presumes you have knowledge in other language and I don't even know which language is that.

Yeah. I do everything except the music which is whatever royalty free stuff I can find.

i'm a music guy, and i'd love to do music for your project. if you ever consider it, my soundcloud is mammothplant

I'm on Unity
Can I have the child of an object have a different collision layer from the parent?
If yes, then I once I implement that and the slingshot, then I finally move on to level design

Why can't chinks adopt a normal alphabet like the non retarded part of the world? Fuck getting their bugmen laguage to render properly.

is this engines language java ?,I've heard its similar

ASS

I cant make anything work
I know python, so what, nothing fuckin works, not even grid based 2d movement, nothing, not to mention anything even slightly more complicated

fuck this shit

I don't understand how this engine worksespecially with 3d
I also hate the autosaving which has ruined several of my attempts

Sounds cool. I'll check your stuff out when I have the time.

thanks user. hope you like what you hear

Done putting together the interface, some guy was talking about a game jam, so me and my team retooled the game to fit the theme of the game, Its the hacking game where you hack through 9 circles of the net in the 90s(i.e 9 different levels) where you eventually reach SCP-079 who is being held in a virtual prison cell by the organization

Attached: bandicam 2019-08-28 00-43-12-993 (2).webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

I added a dumb filter

Attached: ded.webm (512x512, 1.1M)

gonna start to fuck with cell shading and trying to get shit to look like an anime from the 90s,

some of effects look pretty decent, not sure about the filter though

Yet to start. Soon though!

Why would you make something you easily could've done in RPG maker?

This is probably the saddest power fantasy in all of Yea Forums Exactly one guy on this planet with 8 billion people on it has managed to make a game on his own; Toby Fox

How fucking stupid are you if you are betting on 1:8 000 000 000 oods? How fucking deluded can you be?

what kind of game you are making user?

Not that user but gonna be honest, you need a better set of instruments. Your music sounds grating and I've heard Linkin Park MIDI's with better instruments.
I feel like you're good at structuring songs but the instrument choice kills any likability.
On a positive note, out of the random few I checked, Morgenstern sounds pretty okay. You did a good job on that one, but the above criticism still applies.

i use probably the shittiest DAW around so that's valid. i'm getting FL studio soon thank god, so expect improvement

You fucking wot, m8.
youtu.be/VQPqmS5iGzY?t=16

>soon
Start today. Right now in fact.
If you use "soon" in game development you might as well change the definition in the dictionary to "never".
If any of you people are actually serious about gamedev, you'll drop whatever meaningless shit you're doing and focus on it now.

Attached: 1409372783320.png (450x420, 105K)

making a game is easy

mega.nz/#!68RjgSZD!jibJ_NDZAwL-GE7-5vadKM039NH2CcwqZgjzF6Y4EB8
Free download to FL Studio 12. The most recent version is 20, but from my own comparison of the two, not much is different aside from UI and I'm sure other minor things that do add up.
Also, True Conqueror is pretty good too.

A shmup.

user, you are a god. thank you so fucking much.

Its going poorly, I can't come up with any original ideas or that see like anyone would want to play

You are absolutely fucking right.

you're ideas dont need to be original, especially if its your first game, just rip off mechanics from a game that died 20 years ago or its genre, like fixed camera angle surival horror or a racing game, you need to make a few games to know what you really want to make then focus on that

When I'm done jerking it to furries I'll start

And before you ask
>bro this is asking me to edit my registry is that ok
The official version does the same shit by editing your registry to validate the key to the software, so yes, it's fine. I'm using it right now too, so if it is a Russian virus, we're at least both being spied on.
I gave you a follow so I hope to see improvement soon user.

Attached: 1455618889077.jpg (499x560, 67K)

>mentions plugins and custom windows
I think it is RPG Maker.

radical. i'll try not to disappoint

>bandicam.com
holy shit

are there any genres that have a void that i could fill? like skating games or arena shooters, what is something i could bring back for modern systems?

Finished up my interface redo (for the most part, missing one or two things for it), now working towards giving suns some new graphics, getting them away from the previous look that worked better for red giants and such (better spines, glows, etc), that are more in line with how Freelancer's suns behaved.

Attached: UnderspaceNewSuns2.png (1615x907, 1.61M)

For reference, which effects don't suck?

Still looking for easy ways to spice up my pixelshit. I was thinking the filter might work if it's only really visible when you're taking damage or dead, but nobody likes cod jellyvision do they? I'm trying to find that sweet spot before an effect turns from "oh, neat" to "fuck off".

pinball

thats the only thing I had for the moment

Attached: aggretsuko-380.jpg (1200x800, 98K)

I'm finally launching soon, wish me luck anons! I'll drop a few keys later this week.

Attached: BattleCaves.jpg (1366x768, 257K)

I've reached the point of development where it's not fuckin fun anymore. Everything just feels like a chore and I feel like I have to force myself through it. Shit I'm having more fun building the website than developing the game. Fuck UI and fuck networking.

I liked the boss shaking bit, and the red freeze frame looks great too, just get rid of the filter and some better animation for smoke(even though i know its all placeholder)

Do people actually use godot? Looked into it and almost all of the documentation I could find was on dead forums posted by pajeets in broken english. Theres no straight documentation or support in any capacity I could find

I think the world is ready for a new skating game. Or maybe snowboarding. I would love to see another Dark Summit. Has there even been a snowboarding game since Steep?

kind of lost my rythm. I got busy doing a bunch of other shit that I needed to do like get github working and trying to figure out highpoly modelling techniques and I'm fucking lost right now. I have so many directions I can go in and don't know which one to go in.

>make GUI Elements

>Make first couple of guns

>Make first couple of enemies (which is what I'm doing atm, although slowly)

> Design level assets.

I think I need to write my GDD.

Attached: callmesnake.gif (245x184, 510K)

How do you do solo game dev if you cant art

meant for

You either don't or you make pixelshit #3049.

easy, you get an artfag you will always have one lying around,whats your age? because its kinda hard to learn art from scratch if you are older than 25

The godot logo in the OP is the newest homer galaxy for these threads. try not to pay too much attention to it.

Attached: 54877454894.jpg (1284x980, 262K)

Is there a market for girls beating shit up with DMC combos?

Attached: mspaint08113802.png (707x419, 21K)

>high poly modeling
meme shit, dont do it
>I think I need to write my GDD.
do it before you do anything else, once you know whats going to be in the game you can work without interuption of having to think about things

if it has cute girls people will eat it up no matter what it is

I just finished the enemy/npc detection script, sort of. I need to make a hash function and drop detected objects into a hash table for use by the ai scripts.

its too late user... maybe give "drawing with the right side of the brain" a read and lurk around /ic/ but primarily focus on seeking an artfag

What do you mean? You need the highpoly to get the details for AO maps, right? Or do people just fake it now with PBR materials?
anyhow yeah that's for the best. I'll get right to it.

you didn't hear it from me but theres a market for beating up girls with combos.

youtube.com/watch?v=DAOqHepEJ8k

8:15

Attached: 1566649363800.jpg (200x191, 8K)

How lewd is it going to be ?

if you're one guy you dont go for high poly, its a waste of time and will look generic like every other FPS out there, too many people have fallen victim to the high poly meme and ended up in dev hell for it, all you really need to do anyway is create a low poly base mesh and then subdivide it, then sculpt in any details

Source on this claim?

He's just trying to discourage you user, some people learn useful skills even after they retire so unless you are stuck to a bed or suffer from brain deterioration, just practice and learn the basics, you'll get the hang of it.

Listen to this man except don't because he's fucking dumb.

Nice bait.

I haven't touched Math in about six years. How much do I gotta relearn to be a competent game dev?

Has monster grills of all shapes, sizes and species. A lot of fetish material like pic related but nothing explicit, I'm sorry if you're disappointed

Attached: 23f.jpg (680x444, 36K)

Not much really, if you can multiply and divide, you'll be fine, but the more you know the better.

I am talking from my first hand experience in art school, I am 21 right now and I see 28-29s giving up every week because they cant even get perspective right ,crying in front of everyone. The more motivating answer would be, "its never too late" but I dont wanna sugarcoat things to you, does that mean you should stay away from art? nah, get loomis, get quiller's color theory book and learn things piece by piece( figure drawing fundamentals, anatomy, head hands and feet, color theory, composition) but you should always have a backup artfag if you see things are not working out as the way you wanted it to.

I've the greatest game idea of all, can't tell you everything because it's mine but check this out:
Open world action adventure RPG with full on character customization, thousands of fully voiced dialogues choices that affect the story, million of unique NPCs with handcrafted locations, 4k textures, and I've already several sequels, prequels, and even entire campaign DLCs for free in mind.
All I need is anons to do the work, I can't pay you right now, I don't have any money, but you'll get a cut of the benefit when the game is released.

yawn

>i know its all placeholder
Nah, I'll touch it up some but I can't draw much better than this.

Is the smoke a little better now that it follows along with the beam?

Attached: smok.webm (512x512, 1.23M)

That doesn't say shit, just that you project your failure or failure you observe onto others.

No shit you should work hard for what you want. If people can't do perspective, they aren't thinking about what they're doing or working hard, they're just working for the sake of it. I see it all the time. It's how people on DA can draw the same shit over and over for 9 years and not improve. It isn't to do with age.

>art school
I hope for you it's a renowned school.

Stop forcing your fetishes into games.

Neat art

>laser close up to the edge of the screen
You might want to avoid this because that looks like a good way for the player to take unavoidable damage if they dodged the wrong way beforehand.

Hmm as long as the parent's collision doesn't wrap the child, the child's collision can be distinct

Isn't this a common pattern?

its just that after a certain age you become preoccupied with a lot of things, 16-20 is the perfect age for hobby building, post-21 is more about developing skillset out of those hobbies, unless you are an absolute NEET who lives with his parents, its not that easy to keep track on things when you already have a vidya sideproject going on...he should continue learning if he is really willing dedicate the time but he must have a backup plan if things go wrong.

>>/vg/
fucking retards stop spamming this thread
your video games are not video games

Thanks user

Attached: forest cutie.png (512x512, 356K)

it's nonsense
it is more challenging to learn when you're older, only because you give up faster, and you have higher expectations for yourself
but there's absolutely no technical or physical barrier if as long as you can handle it mentally and commit to proper practice

eat my ass you do nothing bitch boy

So your janitor application got denied, uh?

Don't worry someone might come along and post twitter screen caps for you to follow

Usually they start from the edge rather than ending to it.

Finishing up a terrain shader. Have to figure out an appropriate scheme to properly sample from a tile atlas while remaining mipmap aware. Not sure if I might not need to do manual mipmapping because currently I'm getting significant sampling artifact at the edge of each tile and I only get reasonable results by dropping ~20 pixels on each edge, which seems extreme.
Does anyone have experience with that?
Rest seems to be doing fine, I have proper terrain edge combining, I plan to use the normal map to make it even more accurate.

I wanted to make a game where your parents leave you and your sibling(s) home alone while they go shopping, and the goal is to destroy as much as you can inside the house before they get back.
Don't know shit about how to make games, downloaded unity and followed some tutorials, but gave up realizing I am a brainlet.

this might help, I dont know much about pixel art, but maybe accompanying the more smoke effect with it might do the trick and letting it fade out

Attached: c75c712d87179ce29d351c718f350c1d.png (1185x1325, 1.18M)

You're right user, that does help, but it seems like it's lacking the sauce.

Attached: ahegao.gif (211x203, 1.06M)

This might help, i dont know much about pixel art but accompanying some extra extra effects with it might do the trick while letting the residue smoke stay a little longer

Attached: TBzuzTJ.jpg (576x576, 72K)

Not him but this does help me.

Attached: 1550721061543.jpg (640x775, 67K)

Uh... wrong image there, m8?

bye bros, its been a ride, wasnt supposed to upload this one,

Attached: aggretsuko 1.png (686x386, 262K)

I'm still proud of you for getting your game out. Good job.

Attached: disgrace.jpg (264x191, 5K)

Just delete your post

I still want the sauce.

>unavoidable
It's really not an issue. I gave those lasers big gay hugs earlier to demonstrate the filter was gone. When you're paying attention to him it's easy to run circles around him. Also, he always backs up to one side of the arena before the big beam sweep.

Thanks, I'll put in a little more elbow grease.

Attached: slo.webm (512x512, 1.5M)

@Asdfcobi

Kids start school next week, so I'll have much more time for long sessions of work. Spent the last month learning blender, I'm now able to use many techniques but I still don't have the best workflow and haven't done shit beside modeling, so I'm far from my objective of being able to do 1 monster a day.

Attached: 001body.png (1140x914, 140K)

Still in the concept stage because I’m a dumb bastard when it comes to time and resource management

starting a new one

for like the 10th time this year

Just added steam integration

Attached: 1566932701281.webm (842x460, 1.02M)

>as long as the parent's collision doesn't wrap the child
I'm a brainlet, what do you mean by that
Do you mean their hitboxes should not overlap?

Yea Forums - The Vidya

Did you make those assets? They looks nice.

sir ribbiton is fucking great

Thanks, yep I made everything

Here, how's this?

Attached: smokier.webm (512x512, 1.01M)

Looks nicer, yeah