Is >observer_ a good game worth playing?

Is >observer_ a good game worth playing?

Attached: file.png (460x215, 147K)

as far as amnesia/soma lookalikes go this one is probably the best
id recommend it

>game
yikes!

It’s ok. The gameplay can be a bit shitty. But the story and atmosphere is great.

It's all right. Don't play full price for it though. Get it when it's on sale. It's not worth paying full price.

Really don't like the VA, literal grandpa.

I'm also interested in this. I really loved SOMA and someone suggested me this one cos its apparently similar, but I havent tried it yet

Yes, but buy it on sale!

the game is kinda short but very scary, there were some times on that game that made me say "omg do i really have to go there? i am already too scared!!"

it's good, but... yes, in a resume, this

what is the gameplay? hide and seek avoid the patrolling guard sections? any combat?

what do you mean?

That's based Rutger you are talking about, fuck you lad.

If you played layers of fear it's the same style of game and the jumpscares happen when you jack into peoples minds

It's a walking simulator with some detective-y sections and some stealth sections. Think Outlast with less running and the occasional Arkham-like segment where you scan for clues.
Gameplay's boring but the atmosphere and story is 10/10.

>tfw he died a few weeks ago

Attached: F1194A9230A5413CBB3FD9FED6FE1E6E.jpg (742x1024, 75K)

is it a horror? ive only played 40mins and it felt pretty boring. does it get better?

Its a "walking sim"

He is trying to convey that, this game, is an experience that is less gameplay heavy. Thus, with more cutscenes, dialogue, cinematic elements and other movie like techniques of tell its story, it is more a playable video than a game.

You walk around an apartment building and knock on doors to talk to the people inside via intercom.

Sometimes you have to explore a crime scene too, but you get a 'cyber detective mode' which highlights all the shit you need. There's also the occasional brain dive into other people's heads, but those parts are totally linear and scripted and shit.

It's a walking sim that tries to have real gameplay and fails. Atmosphere and visuals are pretty good though. I liked it overall.

No.

My biggest problem with it is that Rutger was clearly phoning in hard. Majority of the lines sounds like he's about to sleep.

probably just as horror as soma
in other words, kinda?

I dropped it despite being a big fan of cyberpunk -settings and liking the dev's previous game. Rutger Hauer is a coll guy, but his performance is honestly kinda off in this game, it's almost comical at times. I might give it another go, but I remember it being kinda boring and tedious.

Attached: 1563174028757.jpg (2048x1365, 1.59M)