It is the future

>it is the future
>giant space scientists have found the cure for death
>but they can only use it once
Who would you bring back?

Attached: F204CD29-96F1-46E2-A113-48C0506A85EB.png (1112x1072, 253K)

BRING HIM BACK

Attached: Pandemic.png (1200x1809, 186K)

walt disney for laughs

Attached: 094AA69B-F493-4A8E-B4F2-4158BAB8CBB7.jpg (982x720, 35K)

Also, Valve edition

Attached: 264981421512.png (1106x1054, 272K)

telltale killed itself by being managed by retards

>tell tale makes hit after hit
>all revenue stolen by steam
>I-IT WAS TELLTELL DID I DO GOOD DADDY GABE!!!

Probably Maxis. We haven't had a good City building game with soul in over a decade.
>Irrational
>Rockstar
>Killed by steam
the fuck?

Visceral

>EA BAD!

Attached: F427D18C-A27E-4CA8-ABA1-633C9ECA52FC.jpg (500x607, 22K)

>EGShills already out in full-force
TIM, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF

>longest running MUD of all time

a MUD I usedto play was started in 94 and is still running today, so unless they've rez'd dragons gate it was surpased many years ago.

>victims
More like sellouts.

>hiring 20000 people for no reason is "steam stealing your money"

Attached: wtf.png (452x457, 20K)

You're not funny.

This.
They sold themselves to EA for a quick buck.

ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR

>Telltale
>by steam cut
>fucking motiga
LMAOOOOOO

Attached: 1515908043414.gif (480x320, 2.99M)

15 yuan and 200 social credits have been deposited into your account, thank you for serving the Glorious People's Rebublic of China

>hit after hit

the fuck do you mean, the only good shit that came out from them were TWD and the wolf among us.

Attached: 1517192559900.png (643x480, 332K)

Tales from borderlands was good.

You forgot Respawn.

learn what agressive takeout means you dumbfucks

Good, not a hit, they hired too many people, the core team left the company after TWD1, and the licenses were bleeding money.

I'm serving naspers actually

Yea true, I just liked it and figured it wasn't fair to not acknowledge it.

>aggressive takeouts
>of private companies
Ironic.

Good thing epic saved them in the end. Valve really need to be stopped

Judas Iscariot. Obviously!

Good does not mean a hit. Killer 7 was a good game and it sold like shit.

Attached: 1516239353906.jpg (400x400, 74K)

>NOOO BASED GABEN WOULD NEVER DO THAT

maxis.

Please kill Bioware soon

fpbp

Add Respawn to the list pls
sleep tight pilots

Attached: 1551733475491.jpg (932x813, 768K)

I'm still playing TF2, fighting the good fight.

Me too brother. It's actually not *that* dead

2000+ on good days.
L-STAR gang.

>Victims
>Willingly sold their companies to make a quick buck instead of making games
Everyone is a victim.

>telltale
You must be joking. The retards hired more staff than they needed and couldn't even manage their own money.

Serious response OP:
>Probably Maxis. We haven't had a good City building game with soul in over a decade.
I say this or Westwood. The others all made great games too, but I can't say that the entire GENRE they were in is in the same degree of trouble as Sim* or RTS. To get maximum bang for the proverbial resurrection buck, I definitely would lean towards something that has a hope of inspiring a bunch of others too, or at least be totally unique from what else is out there.

So on balance guess I'd choose Maxis because at least there still are a few good RTS like Forged Alliance Forever kept alive by the community, and maybe more hope for another someday. But Sim* stuff, be it City or Isle or Tower or whatever is pretty dead and the last good ones are so old that they're challenging to even mod into a useful state because of the creaking engine. Even a single really good new one would leave us set for another decade easily, even if they folded right away.

Westwood, without hesitation. Frank klepaki will be music director on all projects, starting with a new red alert 3 that retcons the old one.

I can't argue with you, and maybe it'd give RTS another shot in the arm.

Criterion, easily. No other racing dev comes close. The genre has been dead since they were sacrificed.

>>Willingly sold their companies to make a quick buck instead of making games
>Everyone is a victim.
This genuinely isn't fair for some of those user. Might be hard to remember now, but there was a more innocent time in the 90s when the EA story actually seemed plausible, that they'd
>"let the devs be fully autonomous units that'd continue just like before because why would we kill the golden goose!?"
>"But they'll have far more funding and the backing of our distribution network (remember back then everything was physical, retailer relationships and manufacturing and printing and shipping concerns and all that was genuine big challenge)"
>"So they can do what they love, but it'll all be even better!!!"
That was the message, and in other industries that has even been true. And EA never INSTANTLY killed their acquisitions, it was always the same creeping horror process. It was quite a while before the pattern became obvious and undeniable.

So yeah at this point or last 10 years even sure, selling out to EA should be a known problem. But some of those devs really were victims in a brand new baby industry.

Attached: 1314555.png (500x538, 9K)

bullfrog has a strong argument, lot of unique stuff there and dungeon keeper also kind of "sim"

>But they'll have far more funding and the backing of our distribution network
Oh i see victim of greed $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Those poor poor people.

Back in the day, games weren't just shitty cash grabs. I recently went back and watched the opening cinematic for red alert 2, what struck me the most in the trailer wasn't the music or the images, but one of the title cards:
>Westwood PROUDLY presents
I've honestly not seen another game say that in a very long time. Devs wanted to lget the game in to people's hands back in the day not because of sales figures but because they were genuinely proud of what they had made and wanted to show it off. These days it seems like almost every game is a cash grab, lure people in with cool footage, and milk em dry with micro transactions and dlc, burn the franchise for a quick buck.

Me.

Ya I'm sure the arcade machines and nintendo tip hotlines agree with you.
If they were so proud I guess they shouldnt have sold their life's work for $$$$$

>EA GOOD

>Oh i see victim of greed $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Fucking retard. Particularly back in the early/mid-90s, a lot of vidya devs JUST PLAIN LOVED VIDYA. Pretty much all the original stuff started as passion projects, and couple of geeks and art dudes making whatever awesome stuff they liked and then trying to make a living at it. And it was the time when budgets were just starting to really grow, when people were thinking REALLY big and ambitious and imagining all sorts of crazy stuff as PCs continued to explode upwards in power and even each console gen was an enormous leap over the previous ones. Devs really did hope to leave all the boring accounting and physical distribution work and retailer negotiation and all that shit to somebody skilled at it and get to just focus on the vidya.

It wasn't about themselves making tons more money at all. Vidya was never ever the place to get rich for most people, you'd make way, WAY higher salaries at a normal tech startup or even big corp.

EA was shark in those calm waters.

>If they were so proud I guess they shouldnt have sold their life's work for $$$$$
That's not what they intended you edgy young faggot.

why are they giant

>when people were thinking REALLY big and ambitious
Guess the greed got to them. Poor Pooor POOOOR guys.

Attached: 1509851337156.png (301x315, 120K)

Don't feed the zoomer, it's either retarded or pretending to be retarded

Jesus didn't like money lenders.
>Sell your company to me and I'll give you alllll the money you desire!!!

Ya stop replying to me and let the EA hate thread die.
Hey btw did you know EA sold a combined total of over 20 MILLLLLLLLION copies of Battlefield V and Battlefront 2 and will sell millions more by the time the new Star Wars movies come out. WEW! Their business is booming.

I will never not be mad that EA killed skate. Especially since Tony Hawk games are extinct. Good thing Thugpro exists.

Yeah good point, and really they're retarded either way. These days "pretending to be retarded" is still retarded since it's proven to attract retards and general retardation.

Thou doth protest too much.

>Victims of EA
OP throat

>EA is good guys look what a contrarian I am just look at this quality!!!!

Attached: ea presents dungeon keeper.jpg (960x548, 78K)

>"We didn’t design this as a “pay to play” or “pay to win” game. It is designed as a free-to-play title where players can commit time or money towards their play experience"

Attached: 1536106903111.jpg (1920x1080, 137K)

It's contrarian to say EA is bad though. They sell more games than almost everyone else.

>It's contrarian to say EA is bad though
whew

Attached: 72805763.jpg (660x371, 47K)

It's true, millions and millions and millions sold from beloved franchises.
I bet you don't even play or like videogames. Pathetic.

EA isnt bad, theyre just surprisingly not a good video games company

No, EA is bad. Literally everyone in this thread and everywhere else agrees.

Nope, millions and millions sold every year for decades

[spoilers]is actually a play on their surprise mechanic quote, of course theyre fucking bad. the only competitors they have for worst company are konami, bethesda, ubi and activision[/spoiler]

Attached: dissgusted dennis.gif (250x233, 1.5M)

>Names every other major game company.
Oh a person who hates videogames doesnt like EA? Whod have guessed? Meanwhile MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of people enjoy their games.
EA Still a WORLD CHAMP.
l2spoiler