Epic bad! now go buy my game

>epic bad! now go buy my game
what's wrong with game devs?

Attached: 1.png (607x462, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2019/03/13/darq-why-did-a-first-time-game-developer-turn-down-12-publishers
steamcommunity.com/games/433550/announcements/detail/1584625372618106883
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hubris is rewarded with ignominy.

Integrity does not put food on the table.

they hope to make money off their hardwork? Oh no what a crime, someone call the police!

Attached: 1559178169862.gif (370x300, 138K)

And yet they passed up that opportunity by rejecting the EGS offer.

Ah, 'tis a pity to see talent so squandered.

EGS rejected their game, unless it was exclusive.

And? It was a fair offer. An upfront payment and fair revenues from sale.

Instead the developers threw that away and now enjoy "freedom" - the freedom to languish unsold on as many stores as they like.

Would make more sense for him to say "put that money toward hiring better EGS developers".

But according to Tim there, it seems they are successful?

this dev was never REEEEEEEEE EPIC BAD he was clearly just against being bought out right after announcing a steam release date because that shit's scummy as fuck. He said multiple times that he was trying to get it on EGS but once he declined the exclusivity deal they mysteriously weren't able to accommodate such a lowly indie game anymore. If I were him I would have refused to ever do business with them again because of that clear lack of respect but I guess he still wants to come out the better man by at least offering his game on their platform one way or another anyways.

Go back to Bejing Tim

Are you larping as some Metal Gear villain?

>epicdrones will defend Tim

>once he declined the exclusivity deal they mysteriously weren't able to accommodate such a lowly indie game anymore. If I were him I would have refused to ever do business with them again because of that clear lack of respect but I guess he still wants to come out the better man by at least offering his game on their platform one way or another anyways.

It is not disrespectful to cease negotiation after a fair offer has been rejected. A company must choose its clients wisely and the developer here was the disrespectful one.

Still, it seems they are learning that their petty tantrum had grave consequences as their game languishes in ignominy.

'Twould be sad to see such a fate befall talent were it not so deserved. But karma cometh to all as they deserveth.

>larping

Learn to speak English you addle-pated, infantile fool.

how many darq copies have you bought?

>c-charity
Why are valve drones pretending to be the good guys?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-27-15-34-38-014_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x1588, 366K)

you type like a fag and your shits all retarded

imagine being this guy
imagine unironically thinking you sound cool typing this shit

>charity picked by gaming community
it's going to fund a tranny seminar

Give me one non-greedy reason why EGS shouldn't accept this game on their store just because they didn't go exclusive.

Imagine being incapable of using an appropriate register for debate.

Imagine subscribing blindly to the millennial cult of mediocracy where ignorance is feted and erudition mocked.

Some, though, bear a candle for the days when knowledge and literacy were respected, before infantile kulturprodukt opiated a generation to smoothbrained morondrift.

It only seems that way.
Because valve fans wont take a private jet to "save the rainforrest". We do good shit every day. We have 0 to prove, EGS cucks are still in the
>LOOK AT ME I R GOOD PERSON I GAVE MONNEY FOR TREES TELL ME I AM GOOD PERSON FOR DOING IT

Squandered? They're making way more money on Steam and GOG. They've gained a playerbase and established that they're trustworthy. You seem like a contrarian fedora cuck.

Acquiescing to a bad faith negotiation founded on emotional blackmail is unconscionable.

The developer disrespects all involved and to preserve the EGS' integrity should be called out as the bad actor they are.

I bet you buy bin bag modern art and think you are big brained for doing it right?

Fuck off to reddit, where this kind of spacing and retard thought are acceptable.

it's a rather unremarkable game that if it's being sold on steam people would refund it after finishing it since game doesn't even last longer than 1 hour
for a 20$ asking price, without the controversy game wouldn't even sell at all

>They're making way more money on Steam and GOG.

If you believe that, flying as it does in the face of fact and reason, you are but a mere cretinous clod.

Game devs are smart at pr.

yikes

I don't even know what this game is to be honest

It does in that case.

>These forests are now epic exclusives.

>the developer here was the disrespectful one.
How?

Why does epic accept some games non-exclusivity, such as VtMB2, but don't accept others?

Rationality and enlightened thought, free from emotion and presumption, is sorely lacking.

Put down your antisocial media and reject the opiating MSM's grip on you.

Discover enlightenment. A Dark Enlightenment.

If I keep punching cripples but donate to a few charities, am I a good person?

I didnt know Shakespeare was chinese

Because he did not tonge Tim's anus and sellout his morals. Remember always respect your betters.

>all of this
fucking hell go outside you absolute cretin

Rejecting a fair offer then trying to claim moral superiority, as if success is deserved.

>some literally who indie dev pulling a sweeny on sweeny
lol
remember when you said you'd totally stop buying exclusives if steam matched your developer cut? btfo sneedey

You can bet your ass that he'd spill the beans and find ways to circumvent his NDAs in terms of sales numbers and the like.
He's already playing them like a goddamn fiddle with him asking them to put it up and him spending all the money gained on charity.

But steam drone he is doing it for a decade ? Why are you coping ? His nethworth and popularity just went up so people/newssite actually realized his hobbies. Now buy some steam games papa jewben needs his 30% cut so he can invest more in china :)

Attached: images (1).jpg (259x194, 9K)

Epic negotiated it bad. There's no reason it shouldn't have gone like this:
>Do you want to be exclusive on our store?
>No
>Alright then, we won't guarantee your sales, but good luck on our store.

The quality of the game is irrelevant because they were accepting it with open arms if they agreed to exclusivity. Why would they want a bad game that they have to pay the developers up front for so many sales for if they didn't think it was good enough to turn a profit? To me, it seems like they're just trying to set an example of what happens when you don't go exclusive, like a fucking mob.

He said they could have had the game for free though. They didn't have to give him a check for exclusivity. Isn't that a better offer for Timmy?

Upfront payment for the cost of integrity with the added bonus of infamy. Those secured sales come with a price and the Darq devs didn't bite.

Oh fuck he's going on about "enlightenment". Tip your goddamn Trilby elsewhere you obnoxious cunt.

Well actually gayben is a cripple you are right

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

So conspicuously flaunting wealth as to say you could donate sales to charity without it affecting you is gross, crass behaviour.

Probably just don't want to clutter up the store with stuff that might not sell well on the competitive market but you can't have a store that doesn't stock all the big AAA shit.

>Guy keeps blowing Epic the fuck out

Based

Attached: egs shills.png (1500x1500, 307K)

Integrity is a sop for the sentimental to help them live with the knowledge they squandered opportunity.

Attached: lwZFDlo[1].gif (480x270, 1.68M)

>trying to have it on more than one platform so that more people can play it is worse than having to deal with the backlash of losing a big amount of your steam market just because you got a little extra money
yikes there's shilling epic then there's being this

>You must sell your games in our store only.
So much for a storefront being for the developers. Isn't this the same as Nintendo's monopolistic practices in the 80s?

>2019 Epic
>tries to compete by emulating 2004 Valve and 1980s Nintendo

Behind high minded talk of values and integrity lies nothing but self loathing, a facile coping strategy to stave off the realisation those who see through the spook of "integrity" rise to the top on the backs of those who cling to it.

Nobody buys your ruse, fag. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Are you life-action role-playing as a metal gear villain, mister?

I_()I_ Y U |\/| /-\ |) tH0?

nah it's correct. stay wrong bro.

>he is doing it for a decade
How many flights has he took in private jet? It negates all his work if it is more than 20. Sorry but we have to remain vigilant of vurtue signallers who just want to look good but do fuck all for the planet. Lets hope he has flown with the plebs or else all them tree's are just a wasted investment.

Attached: 1566854140752.gif (224x224, 1.52M)

NOW STEAM BROS BUY MY FUCKING GAME

Attached: 4892104219341941.png (1127x585, 244K)

An opportunity that would have biten them in the ass at a later date.
Not everyone thinks only about short term profit.

You write like an underaged trying to sound smart.

Btw, some of you may wonder how Darq was in top 50 wishlist.
This is the answer
ign.com/articles/2019/03/13/darq-why-did-a-first-time-game-developer-turn-down-12-publishers

They guy is ukrainian jew living in LA. He has shit ton of friends in gaming journalism.
And he most likely outsourced his whole game. There are 10 people behind darq, not that one guy.

If you ask me, he's some kind of genius. without his pr bullshit this game wouldn't sell even 500 copies because it's bad. But look where we are, and not a single soul give a fuck about the game itself

And a Thesaurus is like at most $5. What's your point?

Most complaints against Epic are kind of stupid, to be honest.
But in this case Epic is trying to force small independent studios to accept the exclusive agreement by refusing to market their product in any other way.
It's valid, but it's an aggressive tactic that will make many smaller studios feel threatened by Epic. That is, besides being able to infuriate many consumers, now apparently Epic wants to infuriate developers as well.

>It's an "OP doesn't even read his goddamned Twitter screencap" thread
Fucking reruns, man.

Attached: 1565363200231.png (1921x1366, 735K)

You people sound nuts. Its a digital video game store, not a religion

Imagine reading a thesaurus and thinking that makes you cultured.

If more millennials read $5 thesaurii than $900 smartphones the world would be a better place, but sadly vapid consumerism is more valued by the Idiocracy than education.

Stop saying sensible things on Yea Forums!

They're not really pissing off developers though. Just look at the OP tweet for example. That guy sounds like a douchebag with his dumb guilt tactics.

You know, using big words to sound smarter actually make you look dumber. If you really get a message across, you would've said in a much simpler way. But you insist on trying to sound like a big brained redditor, so it's clear that you never had any intention of debating anyone

Based. Tim is now on the wall.

I have no vested interest in an autistic digital platform war but the frothing hysterics from steamdrones makes me want egs to succeed

please get a trip I want to see more thesaurus cringeposting

A Business runs on more than money.

Imagine using a thesaurus to write a 4chin post.

I appreciate education scares you, I really do. But do you ever feel like your superficial life has been wasted in pursuit of following the herd?

i don't even know what the game is, i just enjoy the show

Meh, it's really only due to fact that Epic need to add each game by hand to the store. They didn't want to go through all that hassle to add one small indie game that is avaible on much bigger competitor where people will simply buy game there to show how much they hate you.
The guy simply doing his best to capitalize on this. He wasn't even the first game that was rejected that way.

No. If more millennials read a Thesaurus they would sound even more like pretentious dipshits that have no idea what the fuck they are talking about.
Kind of like you.

i feel like your fucking gay

Why does this trannie feel like that "you are breathtaking" idiot overstaying their 1 hour of internet fame?

Yes, but apparently the game is not selling anything because it has no appeal at all. At best the developer will achieve something when he cuts the price by 75% or something...

Imagine your only counterpoint to intelligent debate being accusing your opponent of being too learned..

Have 70 different ways to say "I ate a sandwich today" in English doesn't make you cultured. It makes a waste of time.

>jew jewing chinks
Awesome timeline.

I like the theory that Valve itself is starting to push unremarkable 4-6/10 games into the wishlist so Epic thinks people are interested in them and ends up trying to fill up its gamestore with trite junk.
See also shit like Bee Simulator.

>respecting language and erudition are bad

Yes, yes, ignorance is good, one shouldn't learn or better oneself.

If that is really all you have return to your mass media and let adults think for you, sheep.

>'tis a pity
>languish
>addle-pated, infantile fool.
It's been a while since I've seen a fedora tipper in the wild.

>Private jet
1. The area is located in North Carolina, you don't need a private jet for that distance , he is living nearby

2.Why are you coping and moving the goalpost you fucking subhuman ? He is rich but this doesn't mean that he is using a private jet, it's your coping drone brain.

3. Better using a private jet and saving some 10000 of hectares compared to not saving 10000 of hectares and using private jets anyway. But I'm sure Tim is using less vehicles than the fat fuck gayben. (He recently went to china).

Steam drone are you okay steam drone ?

The only thing superficial in this thread is your intelligence, as in it's very surface level and no more beyond that.

now THIS is bait

Goat simulator sold like 2 million copies so, i don't think it's the case really. However i'm like 90% sure it was the case with Darq but valve was not behind this.

>educated
Thesaurus posting != educated

Your first sentence doesn't even work, jackass.
And do you think trying to sound smart when you can't even use an appropriate language level is a better use of your time?

>get offered probably millions to put your game on EGS
>be dum edgy indie dev, refuse it and cater to the steamcuck drones
>games doesn't even sell 1000 copies on steam
>literally beg Tim to put it on EGS later

imagine being that dev now, just imagine

Maybe the fact you believe there shouldn't be nuance, tone or register in English explains more than you think. Perhaps you believe Senators or judges or doctors should use AAVE? Perhaps you do not see the problem with supposed pillars of society talking like vapid females on antisocial media?

Pokemon Go to the polls! So relatable, so "epic"!

Imagine your only counterpoint to intelligent debate is calling someone 30 different synonyms for idiot because you you have a photographic memory of a thesaurus instead of actual facts pertaining to the discussion.
Darq got dropped by Epic because Epic wanted dominance over the industry with promising short term gain with long term consequences and Darq devs weren't buying it.
Now in a unsurprising twist Epic is congratulating the Darq devs on their sales. While you see no problems with Epic causing this rift in the PC gaming community for Short term gain.

steamcommunity.com/games/433550/announcements/detail/1584625372618106883
>an alleged flop somehow made enough money to fund free DLC
Oh no, look at the top of the chinaman's head.

>While you see no problems with Epic causing this rift in the PC gaming community for Short term gain.

Short term gain is unfairly demonised. Ars longa, vita brevis.

This is where free DLC comes in, at first sale. Articles from game journalist about darq will be everywhere, leddit will be spammed to the core about it.

Honestly, i'm amazed and disgusted at the same time. Social engineering at it's finest

That comment section is embarrassing.

Attached: 1521303900484.jpg (480x270, 12K)

Did some user finally install Grammarly after seeing an ad for it on every youtube vid they queue up

Perhaps you should stay on topic instead of reading off a Thesaurus and bringing politics into a discussion that has none.

>unfairly demonised
Not when you plan to be a long-term company, or developer in this case. Once again proving your googled literacy doesn't help at all in this discussion.

He already announced the release date for steam, if he actually accepted the deal, it would kill any credibility he had with his potential customers.

>ars longa
>vita benis
Look at thus dude.

>no trees in Tim Sweeneys picture

>press D to DARQ on Timmybobinny

Maybe you'd trust a subliterate fool to perform surgery upon your child.

I have standards.

holy fu**ing based

Attached: das rite.png (644x244, 17K)

fuck off 100 IQ dictionary boy.

hahahaha oh my god I thought for sure you were larping but shitposting in latin on fucking Yea Forums is making my head spin and I don't know anymore
congrats

Attached: 1347539339347.jpg (251x251, 11K)

Sic sempier benis niggardly taranus ars longa benis sic niggard. You Agree?

@475699752
Like you're going to have children, you don't even deserve a (you).

It is demonized. Especially when it is at the expense of many other people. Like Epic with their purchasing of exclusives so close to their release on other platforms for short term gain. Which results in the public chastising both Epic for the buy out and the Dev and Publisher for selling out. The Dev's and Publishers will never live down this event. The consumer will see this as a stain on their reputation and hinder future sales.

>epicdrones still made about some random dev not accepting chink money.

epic is missing out

Attached: ooh.png (766x516, 176K)

That DARQ guy is giving a master class on politics and how to profit without looking like a scumbag
Tim should hire him, 2bh

Let's be fair. His government only lets him have one child. It's not his fault the rest are coathangered.

You are a moronic user posting on an anime image board.
Any pretense of superiority you think you possess because of the language you use here is completely and utterly worthless.
You are not a pillar of the society, you are not a senator talking in congress, nor a judge in a courtroom (and they wouldn't talk like that anyway, the point of dialogue being to get a message accross, not to sound smart).

This false morality is tiresome.

these developers are narcissistic idiots the fact is the game is just not good enough ...

...and that's why EA games, Epic games, Valve and Bethesda are bankrupt!

Attached: 1508186121004.png (645x773, 37K)

That poor child is going to have nothing but Thesauri to read all his life.

Tim delicious tears.

Pathetic, you cannot even shape your tedious Sinophobic jabs appropriately.

China has no one child policy any more. This is a fact, look it up.

Businesses run on more than money here, Dollar store Socrates.

I finna speak latin
Unga bunga benis longa, vita niggard ars, bunga ung benis longa, vita es niggards and niggard trannyus.

>what's wrong with game devs?
nah
at most he'd just be a joker if people didn't hail him as some kind of messiah and throw their money at him for nothing

Fuck this shit is hilarious. Where's your blog mate, I need a daily dose of this excessive writing style.

Unmanaged wood lots are more likely to burn down.

Why would you offer this shit in public?
Are devs not professional anymore?

Ah yes, the methods of the brave heroes you worship also include moralistic hectoring and alienation of customers.

Unmanaged wood in latin is benis longa.

>being stupid
To gain free PR and to dab on Tim another time, thus winning more exposure and sales.

You're not more literate than any other fool though, and churgeons don't require a thesaurus to be good with a scalpel.
Maybe you'd prefer have a dicitonary operate you, but i'd rather have someone who's good with his hand and medical knowledge, not his vocabulary extraordinaire.

Read those I read - Peterson, Moldbug, Molyneux et al

>probably millions
Epic buys a number of your stock in exchange of exclusivity. Seeing that DARQ is a 20 bux nongame, that likely didn't amount to much. The dev made a calculated risk and chose to turn down the short term financial gain in favor of the potential for future growth. As evidenced from the scandal, it's clear he knew selling out to Epic in the current market is akin to career suicide and he thought having a one-time revenue influx was not worth it.
For what it's worth, he manipulated his situation to the best he could. He couldn't have asked for better PR.

Why wouldn't he? He wins either way, either a) Tim doesn't accept it, looks bad in front of everyone, and the dev doesnt have to donate money, or b) Timmy now has to accept a non-exclusive, and the dev gets everyone thinking he's a good person solely for donating the two dollars he'll make from EGS sales.

Confirmes it is a troll

He's trying to make them look bad by pulling the "if you don't accept you LITERALLY hate charities" card. He looks like a fucking retard if you ask me.

Valve hasn't really done anything to demonize themselves as of late.
People Know of EA's shit reputation. It's why Anthem flopped and Bioware is on it's way out the door.
Epic constantly flubs it's userbase numbers. I apparently have a Epic games account and I don't remember making one.
The only thing making Bethesda money right now is the ESO MMO and soon to be Doom Eternal. Mostly because Bethesda doesn't really interact with id Software. They pretty much let them do whatever.

Funny thing, they actually help the devs with this drama.
Every time Tim Sweeney mentions something like that publically, the devs get free advertisement.

No those are actual literary people, I want more of this trite you're posting from a nobody.

giving 100% of their egs to charity is stupid though

Good, the tech industry accepted that culture using it against them is smart.

It includes trust and not downright exempting your customers from the business equation.
You're typing a whole lot of words and somehow saying absolutely nothing you know that?

So Tim is a utter moron, no wonder why nearly half his company is own by chinks.

Donating 20 bucks to charity for the two people who would buy it EGS isn't so bad

And? Nigga I still make fun of the nips for whaling. Or the snails for giving up. Or the yanks for voting a nigger as a president. Or a retard as a president. Or another retard as a president. Or a third retard as a president.

Jesus, the yanks keep fucking up.

>Epic wants game exclusivity
>Developer refuses
>It sells almost nothing
>Would have sold even less on Epics store

So it's pretty much confirmed, most Epic exclusive indie games aren't actually getting real sales, just Tim Sweeny "sales".

>professionalism from indie devs
Besides, this is the current vidya industry. I don't think any other industry has fallen lower thanks to how open and connected everyone has become through Twitter

You are the one retarded. He is showing Tim's hypocrisy on his "I want the best for developers", while also catering to a lot of people who will give him more sales. Don't feel bad, maybe one day you will get smarter.

Nah he's a good guy that's it.

Nips are still whaling user. Look at the popularity of gacha games like FGO

maybe tthey don't care about the cash that much, 100% of their egs profit with no exclusivity deals can't be that much.

Tim is afraid that he will release Epic sale numbers.

>this entire thread
Leave it to Yea Forums to fight over which millionaire's cock they would rather suck

ohyou.jpg

Apparently no amount of publicity is enough to sell your game when it's shit

Attached: 051259151e.png (1012x262, 99K)

i just want a decent store with lots of games epic has neither

fuck i spilled my drink

Timmy Tencent did the exact same thing a few months ago. Fair is fair.

Attached: Untitled.png (615x369, 40K)

all your posts are pure shit my man just leave

>selling out to Epic in the current market is akin to career suicide

no its not, its only suicide if you make some g4y kickstarter and promise steam keys or something

hades is gonna sell like fresh bread when it hits steam

lol so stupid, anouncing the release date means nothing, you mean nintendo and all other devs dont have any cred and customers left with the gazillions of changed release date?

>epic
>bad

Attached: 00EEDE98-CD25-4CAE-9FDF-2CAEA92C1253.jpg (500x607, 22K)

Some of us are being the more productive ones and shitting on the guy with his Merriam-Webster bookmark open.

everybody knows NOBODY buys an indie game full price on Steam, so stop memeing like this game didn't sell well