FINAL FANTASY VIII

So after I finished FF7, I wanted to boot up FF8 since I had a lot of fun, but since everyone told me it's completely different in terms of gameplay I decided to look up a guide, and this is what I find?
>bro don't fight anything just avoid battle as much as possible leveling is counter productive in this game
>bro just spend 30 minutes drawing spells until you have a 100 don't worry once you get the card game and modding going it's cool
>bro just challenge the queen a bunch of times until you get the diff trading rule
>bro you have to do hard resets before playing a card game in other countries so you abolish random bro just try until it works
>bro just grind for 17 hours by denying the dude in the prison 140 card games to get rosseta stones trust me it's worth it
What the fuck is wrong with this fucking game? how did they went so full retard from one game to another? there's so many nice concepts that are absolutely shat on by this fucking horrible gameplay design choices holy shit. I'm not playing a single minute more of this.

Attached: best looking guy ever.jpg (1080x1080, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18547555
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>looking up speedrunning strats for a casual guide

Dilate

Attached: 10095518-charming-surgeon-wearing-surgical-gloves.jpg (1093x1300, 102K)

It's literally the first fucking guide, who thought this was a good idea?

Why did you look for guides in the first place? Just play it without worrying for anything. Then you can do a second playthrough getting curagas from tents in the first 3 hours of gameplay and that kind of crazy stuff. I think it's fun with both approaches. Breaking the game is fun

This. Just enjoy the game, then come back again and break the everloving shit out of it and have the Lionheart before your first time in Deling City.

How if I'm not even allowed to level up? the battles amount to drawing 90% of the time and the rest is either running away or if it's a boss, spam limit break until you win.

>Not leveling to 100 in the first area and then just Renzokukening everything
>Not one-shotting everysingle enemy in the game because Squall is fucking broken beyond belief

Just play and have fun, the game is not hard by any means

Can you read? Just play the goddamn game you tremendous faggot. I usually hit level 100 before I even leave for Dollet. Leveling doesn't matter as much as what you've got junctioned.

>leveling
No need for that

>How
Same way everybody else did, you fucking retard
Kill yourself if you're this dumb, you can't be a functioning person

FF8 is a complicated mess. Good thing you checked a guide out and was not a poor sap like me who played when it was new. I played it like a traditional Final Fantasy game and had a hard time.

I can do it no problem fuckface, the problem it's that it is not fun in any way. I already crashed the fucking school into the sea and I'm still not having any fun. It's such a fucking letdown coming from FF7

Especially since I have Rinoa busting my balls about redundant bullshit.

>not having fun
Then stop playing, brainlet. There are several thousand games you could be playing instead.

>leveling
>FF 8
Pick one faggot. In FF 8 leveling is actually detrimental to your progress. FF 8 is all about junctioning magic and getting the right GF so you can turn items into magic and later turn cards into items which you can then turn into magic.

I did and now I'm complaining about it, you have a problem with that?? are you going to crap your pants in anger? fuck you buddy I dislike this game.

No I don't give a fuck, I just enjoy being verbally abusive anonymously. Stop wasting time bitching and go find something else to play, and hopefully you'll actually enjoy it.

>I just enjoy being verbally abusive anonymously
I have more fun calling you a faggot than playing this game, how about that huh?

"you have to draw a lot" is a meme. There is no need to do it often at all. It is mostly in the beginning of the game where drawing is meaningful, and later only to get special spells from special enemies. You can get magic by refining items. I rely much more on that than drawing.

Well then great. Nobody on Yea Forums really enjoys games anyway.

That's because you have two choices, waste your time drawing in battles, or waste your time grinding cards in a repetitive minigame until you can get enough to get said spells.

> In FF 8 leveling is actually detrimental to your progress.
It absolutely isn't. A leveled up Squall (like level 80 and above) can easily do 230 000 HP damage through one single limit break. Irvine and Zell too can deal near 200k damage.

Level up a lot and the game gets super easy. Junction some powerful shit to your attack/strength stat. Rely on limit breaks primarily. If you're not level 90 or so by the end of disc 3 then you played the game wrong.

I said nothing about cards. You don't need to draw or play cards to get magic.

The main problem with the junction system is that it makes no sense as a concept. It's not like Magicite in FF 6 or Materia in FF7. Drawing magic is this abstract concept that has no bearing to the story at hand. You will ask yourself questions such as how does a Curaga look like and what does it mean to have 99 of them. While the concept of GF themselves do make sense and are part of the story it is poorly implemented in favor of focusing on drawing magic. I feel had they done it so instead of drawing magic you trained a GF akin to a Pokémon or Persona and disregard the whole magic draw shit it would have played much better.

Drawing is why we can't have nice things.
>dev: "here's a fun way of getting special magic/GFs in battles, alongside refining".
>player: slowly draws 100 stock for every character of every magic in every new encounter.

>Drawing magic

Attached: Refine_Menu_1.png (640x480, 85K)

To level up fast just spend some time on the Island Closest to Hell and the Island Closest to Heaven.

It makes sense just fine and the game even explains it. It's a form of finite magic power (as opposed to sorceress magic) you draw from them, which obviously explains the numeric aspect. Why would you ever think spells were a physical thing?
Even drawing, with a decent magic stat you draw 10 at a time.

Well, yeah if they make a system where you can exploit it with a little time & one hand you cant expect most players not to

Magic is simply a form of energy, which exists in the planet (hence draw points), on the moon, and in objects like various stones etc.

The only human who could cast magic originally was Hyne. The rest of humanity defeated Hyne, but he didn't completely die - his consciousness/essence survived and it kept on reincarnating through the sorceresses. Normal humans later figured out how to use magic. No different really than people in Dragon Ball figuring out how to manipulate their Ki to fly and create energy blasts.

Just play the fucking game you massive faggot. If a guide tells you to play in a way that you don't find fun, fuck off and play the way that you find fun.

You dont need to play the card game to be overpowered, just junction your things and thats it, there is like 4 "difficult" battles in the entire game

>i was told the gameplay is completely different
>so i looked up a guide
fucking why is that your first choice of action?
play the game and learn it. you look up a guide, you get spoilers, you get min-maxing, you get how to break the system and just beat it in the most streamlined, well practiced way.
of course that shit ruins a game for you.
do you play everything with a wiki open or google "how to beat this boss" or "where to find this item" or "whats this choice do" at every turn?
no shit you have no fun then. go play shit that stays the same for a series duration, a fps or something. that way you won't be spooked by being told something is different one game to the next.

>What the fuck is wrong with this fucking game? how did they went so full retard from one game to another?
Because Sakaguchi took a backseat and left it to Kitase & co. Enjoy the FFVII Remake!

you can play the game naturally just fine without delving into the autistic card based metagaming

Not one of these things is necessary. We all beat it as kids.

I was able to pick up FF7 fine without any issues though, it's this game that shits the bed HARD

FF8 is a game designed to be broken. Whether or not that's a good thing is up to you.

Broken? The player is given the freedom to play how he wants. That's not breaking the game.

>kitase
That guy didn't do much in 8.

Despite conceiving the story and gameplay?

It's a shit game and it really shows

Every time you use spells, your stats that was junctioned goes down, who the fuck thought up this shit?

Otherwise you'd be spamming ultima all the time, you dumbass

was he right

Attached: Spoony.jpg (800x600, 128K)

Where is the balamposter?

what a loser

If you actually have to do any single one of those things then you are a certified shitter.

People instead spam Limit Breaks, how is that not retarded?

FUCK OFF FAGGOT

Sure, and it also gives the player the freedom to break the game once they know how all the systems function. You know this is one of the main reasons it is rated so highly by its fans.

>Aura
>Square Square Square *PLING* LIMIT BREAK!
>heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya, heel drop, booya

how can a person be addicted to twitter
fucking twitter

The story was put together by several people, not all of it invented by just one guy, same with the "gameplay" (which is a rather ambiguous term). While Kitase may have had some influence on the story, he mainly directed/scripted some event scenes (which means directing character movements, expressions and setting timings for music transitions and such), and he came up with some ideas for the world, and together with Hiroyuki Ito worked on the battle system. But regarding the story specifically, Kazushige Nojima's input was more important overall to the story/plot than Kitase or anyone else.

Obviously it was collaborative but that's a bit different than saying Kitase "didn't do much" when he was the goddamn director

Also it's important to remember that job titles like "Director" and "Producer" does not mean exactly the same in the Japanese video game industry as it does in the Western film industry.

I did not write that post.

See:

Fuck you, this us now a FFVIII Remastered hype thread. One week left, and then we're going home, boys.

>strawpoll.me/18547555

Attached: MUHLOWLEVELSCRUBSGETBTFO.png (576x150, 678K)

This
On my first playthrough, I overleveled a bit and because of that almost every story boss up to the end of disk 3 died in a couple of hits, it was so bad. The only gameover I got was when I accidentally one-shoot Rinoa during the space fight against that witch.

Only 1 week? Really? Hyped as fuck

That is wrong though, the fixed fights do scale, but only up to a point, every boss has a level cap.
Ultimecia levels up to 65 max.

So if you do grind to 100 right away, the game will be a pushover mostly, except for random encounters.

I fought everything I came across like a regular JRPG and the last boss was 1 shotting my party. Imagine my butthurt.

So I've finished FF 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10 and 15.
>BRO PLAY 8 ITS THE BEST DONT LISTEN TO THE HATERS

Dont fall for it OP.

>Dumbass reads online guides before playing
That's not how it works retard.

The point of FFVIII is to go ahead and figure things out as you advance the game.
Any retard can do 5 hour autism to get the Lionheart on disk 1 and waste hours to get the bestest spells farming methods... That's not how the game is supposed to be played imbecile.

This game came out before internet guides were a thing... Morons like you can't figure it out this simple detail.

6 = 7 > 5 > 12 > 9 > 10 > 4 > 3 > 8 > 1 > 2

>This game came out before internet guides were a thing
Are you fucking retarded?

FFVIII is by far the hardest single player FF, if you play it wrong.

You can read info on the development to see how much involvement Kitase had. Thank god Sakaguchi came back for FFIX