Killer7 should have been a 3DCG anime instead of a game

killer7 should have been a 3DCG anime instead of a game

Attached: handinkiller7.png (512x500, 503K)

Killer7 being a schizo rail shooter makes sense though. You're thinking of bog standard shit where the story redeems it like SH2 or Drakengard.

Is Garcian really schizophrenic though when it's mostly Harman fucking with his mind?

Attached: killer7 garcian.jpg (556x569, 81K)

No that's stupid. Killer7 would not have worked as anything but a game.

Killer 7 is all of those things you idiot.

I got that he's a political pawn, that's why it's on rails. It's also a parody of Resident Evil with its retarded emblem puzzles.

>3DCG anime
Absolutely disgusting. Kill yourself for even suggesting such a thing.

Attached: rita.gif (300x225, 1.75M)

Even though it was unintentional, Drakengard being a grindy, mind-numbing game works well with the story.

>he doesn't want to keep the signature killer7 look

Suda's games are so reliant on the metanarrative of (You) being an active participant in the game that trying to adapt them into another medium just wouldn't work. Ideally other mediums would be used to flesh out the world and characters in ways that the main game can't (or in the case of Hand in Killer7, continue to fuck with the player by deliberately leaving them with more questions than answers).

3DCG anime wish they looked as stylish as K7 does desu

Honestly this. I just finished Killer7 yesterday and the narrative is so surreal and full of holes that you HAVE to look at it as a stylish game with a nice aesthetic, nothing more. Even with Hand In Killer7, the plot is convoluted and nonsensical as fuck.

the reason it's full of holes is because 2/3 of the story got cut

>3DCG anime

Fuck no, the "anime" segments of the game were cringy and out of place as fuck, I guarantee you the same would happen in the same aesthetic, really.

m8 if you're talking shit about the Cloudman and Alter Ego chapters there's gonna be a problem

>you HAVE to look at it as a stylish game with a nice aesthetic, nothing more.
That's selling it short. It's a great example of postmodernism and arthouse approach in vidya.

Cloudman was fine because it was unique, the Alter Ego ones were the ones I have beef with. The reason for that is probably because what makes Killer7 so aesthetically pleasing is the angular and minimalistic approach to color and lighting. The anime segments don't render that at all and just opt for a generic anime look that doesn't fit the look of the game in the slightest.

Some of Suda's stories really wouldn't work great when translated to other mediums like anime or manga. Kurayami Dance shows he can still write good stuff regardless of format, but Killer7 in its current state I doubt would work unless it were to be reworked.

Killer7 directors cut when? I know Suda said he isn't against doing a full version of Killer7.

it work work fine if you included all the cut story

After the absolute insanity that was the Blackout chapter in the 25th Ward remake I'm 100% down with Suda making more of Killer 7. I'm just not sure the world is ready for that level of kino.

Alright please explain to me what I'm missing about the whole Garcian/Emir thing.

>The FBI agent says Emir died in 1952 according to the info found at Coburn - that's before he kills himself after killing the Killer7.
>Why exactly is Emir a psychopathic killing machine?
>Why did he go after the Killer7? Why was he able to absorb their personalities?
>What turned Emir from a bloodthirsty killer to a collected cleaner?
>Why was Garcian so remorseful about killing Emir at the end of Smile?

I've got more questions but I guess I'd stick with a few for now.

Attached: 1556341485622.gif (320x213, 1.63M)

Long story short Coburn is a secret facility run by the Japanese government to create manchurian candidates to work as assassins and infiltrate the American government.
The details on what exactly went down at the Union Hotel when Emir killed the Smith Syndicate are a bit shaky, why he was ordered to assassinate them isn't really specified.
Garcian is an entirely different persona from Emir, presumably he repressed Emir after the whole incident and finding out the truth was like ripping off a big band-aid. At least that's my take on it since the ending is left wide open for interpretation.