Attached: Blueberry.png (961x854, 711K)

Other urls found in this thread:

this_*unzips*.co.jp
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZjUiKeXeOc
fractalsoftworks.com/2019/07/08/skills-and-story-points/#more-4358
mega.nz/#!705GhYQA!PYBksJEYx96NZ6PBEhI5LFhAZ0Dz9YfdGYmDPlHQeNo
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: A35CE07D-B81B-4115-9C3B-F7B839431CBC.png (351x92, 16K)

lobster missions fucking suck, you get that much for like 200 heavy armaments

So what is the good Fleet composition?
I guess one captial ship and screening ships like1-2 cruiser 3-4 destroyer and 5+ fidget?

depends on what you're fighting, carry an assortment and deploy accordingly

If I play Nexerelin and start aligned with pirates, is there any downside to selling forges/blueprints on the black market? I'm a pirate, right? That's only good for me?

this looks interesting, but i can't be assed to learn a completely new game mechanics. how similar is this to stellaris?

because nex is shit mod
you will still get raid by pirates who are now much better equipped
and if you try to fight them off you will lose your standing with them

not even remotely similar, the only thing they have in common is being in space

name a non-shit mod

Girl Frontline Portrait pack

opinion discarded

this_*unzips*.co.jp

>required at Volturn
>60 days
all he has to do is buy out the stock, and if there's not enough chuck it in storage for a month or two
guaranteed easy money

so I'm thinking that my current run is pretty much finished, albeit the hegemony is still alive

Attached: heavy patrol.jpg (1190x703, 412K)

>because it has flaws it is a shit mod
>even though it adds things no other mod has even attempted including features (market conquest and interfaction conflict) that should be in the base game
I'd like to know what a good mod is then.

Blatantly false. Pirates won't raid you if you use the pirate start in Nex. Your colonies also don't get the accessibility penalty from having pirate activity in your systems.

It's not as complicated as it looks, the tutorial should get you up to speed. The only thing I'm struggling with as a new player is trying to figure out equipment and ship loadouts. Is pulse laser better than beam laser? How the fuck am I supposed to know? Stuff like that.

But there is autofit for ships, works well enough so far.

beams have different uses, they're meant for constant damage pressure (mainly on shields) instead of opportune bursts like an autopulse or something, except for the tachyon lance which is opposite

Thanks, user.

Safety Overrides
Unstable Injector
Yep.. it's Ludd time

is this spore thing worth it?

Attached: java_2019-08-27_02-05-36.png (2160x1200, 1.85M)

I'd say yes. It will hurt you a lot early on but once the colony starts getting larger the -1 production won't be so bad, the growth boost isn't a ton but it will definitely help, and the minimal stability basically means the planet will never need outside intervention to keep it from decivilizing if it gets attacked too much.

oh on that same system there is a 75% hazard rating planet
I guess it is a good system but which planet should I colonized on first?

Attached: java_2019-08-27_02-16-16.png (2160x1200, 1.66M)

>just bought my first Doom
Yeah. That's the stuff

you will get raided by pirates much sooner
also luddic path

>phases in front of you
>drops 5 mines behind your shield
>unsheathes reaper missiles
Heh...nothing personelle, Hegfag

throw in some carriers sice theyre versatile and strong as fuck

until they retract the contract and his stuck with billion lobsters that he bought at a high price since he bought out the whole stock

can you guys redpill me on this game real quick
i like shmups, is this like a shmup with mmo stuff tacked on

Its not shmups. Shooting anything is very tactical since you have to approach any non-decisive battle strategically

user... if you go into the intel screen and click "accept" on the contract it gets locked in

Post your fleet

lewd!

>place mines on the far side of an omni shielded ship
>wait for them to shift their shield facing
>unload reapers on their unshielded side

How the fuck do I beat the automated battleship and its fleet at the red planet? This didn't come even close. It popped Legion instantly.

Attached: screenshot014.png (2560x1440, 1.09M)

I really love the Overdrive system from the imperium. Slap an elite package and you can kill cruisers with a destroyer and a fucking paragon with a battlecruiser.

Frigates and destroyers are like flies to stations, especially remnant ones. Need more cruisers boyo, likely another capital or two as well

>apogee
>shrikes
>only one capital
>only one real cruiser
Niggy, what part of endgame content did you not understand? Get more cruisers and probably some more capitals as well, preferably something that can hold the line like an Onslaught or Paragon

Attached: 1536418837012.jpg (245x282, 40K)

Guess I gotta keep working towards those Paragons then. I aint touching low or midline tech if I don't have to.

commission with tri-tach if you haven't already, it's the only way you're gonna get big boy high tech ships without blueprints

>Jump into a system
>In the middle of a Neutron start beam
>Nothing even in the system
Goodbye supplies, I never knew you

just finished my perfect self-insert uncommissioned merchant lord playthrough and now i'll probably never touch this game again in years, goodbye guys

What the fuck is this fleet lmao
Just buy Dominators and fuck shit up

>just finished my babbies first playthrough and now i'll probably never touch this game again in years
ok

Thats what the Simulation is for. Just test shit out

>hasent done a random core world, 8 factions mod, star fairer high aggression, level 1 ensign shuttle start, total conquest, iron mode, luddic path/pirate alliance playthrough
for shame

Attached: 1566688128958.jpg (1920x1080, 738K)

Is a paragon better than a radiant

Depends on the role you're using it for

Any point to distress calls besides wasting your time and gaining almost no money ?

Being stranded in some distant system, not enough fuel to make it back, nor enough supplies to keep your fleet going. You'll know distress calls are a blessing when you have an advanced high tech blueprint, a couple pristine nano forges and half a dozen AI chips sitting in your cargo holds. This is why keeping Indie rep high is a nessesity.

Attached: ss.jpg (1280x800, 175K)

I can't be the only one bothered by that "Orion-Perseus Abyss" label in the corner, right? Why add it when there's nothing interesting there?

>Federal Express Express

Detective Comics Comics are a thing, why not?

no i mean answering to distress call

>literally my starter fleet from two playthroughs ago

+10 rep with indies for a few supplies/fuel is a good deal. Unlike others, they sell midline shit on military markets for rep alone, no comission needed.

One capital, a couple heavy cruisers, a couple tanker chaser frigates, and as many carriers as you can fit.

this thing is pretty good

like what, explain

Attached: screenshot000.png (1280x800, 1.31M)

Pretty sure there are 'dark' random systems outside the maps edge.

Wow, people actually run out of fuel? Supplies, absolutely, I used to be a filthy slut for supplies and then fly the last ten LY with ships being held together with post-it notes and hope, but fuel? Honest to god fuel?
I mean you know about the fuel range button right? That bingo bastard is fairly accurate.

Well if your wanna fill up that 6000 size cargo cap with stuff other then metal then yea- you run out of fuel

Please don't tell any of the factions this. We'll start seeing 90k "Scan derelict ship with 3 supplies and a used condom on it" in somewhere far from the centre of the system missions.

Is this guy lying? Anyone else tried going past the map edges?

Wait, even if they weren't two independent storage systems (I.E fuel only ever fills up your fuel tanks, and if you overfill it, it'll just hoover up more supplies, not take up cargo space) That still would be you not making a basic effort to check you can fly home on the fuel you have. I mean if this is a case of "I like using the distress button to save on fuel" then uh, well, fair enough, but it actually sounds like you're kicking yourself in the balls here buddy.

bullshit, I don't believe you.

Is that a fucking station or a super capital ship

>ah, I barely don't have enough fuel to explore that neutron star system and make it back to core
>...
>surely I will find some derelicts or stations there to salvage for fuel, right? what are the chances...

I can't be the only one whos bothered going outside the maps edge?

I think it's supposed to be a portable station, like the hubship from SWP. user that made it admitted to not knowing a thing about modding, though, so it probably won't be a thing anytime soon.

WHERE. IS. DYNASECTOR.

Attached: sneed.gif (480x360, 772K)

>I can't be the only one whos bothered going outside the maps edge?
No, stuff like going outside the map or clipping through the textures makes me really uncomfortable for some reason, which is why I don't want to test it myself. When I fell through the ground in Stalker once, I had unironic nightmares about it afterwards.

Never play any Bethesda game, then.

It got merged with Nex iirc

In the same place as this.

Attached: roster.png (1000x2044, 3.03M)

Based user. Set your sights high.

i thought procurment contracts work like bounties, i guess im retardef

I've made that mistake more than once and suffered. See a cool contract. Go buy the stuff. Rush to deliver it. Why don't I have it? It was canceled?? Weeks ago?? Oh I'm a fucking retard.

How?

Attached: 1559576887036.jpg (640x720, 95K)

Guys, come on, pay attention to the game.

Attached: 1471139725619.jpg (246x205, 10K)

i want to fire lots and lots of bullets what ship/weapon is for me?

I forgot one time. I haven't forgotten again and by admitting my dumb I continue not to forget to press T.

Luddic Path Brawler

When is the [REDACTED]/skill revamp update coming Alex?

>Is a paragon better
yes

What are the best mods that aren't qol like Nex or Weapons Pack or Underworld? You know like total conversion, big PvE, total shitfest mods

Safety overrides/unstable injector Lasher or a Luddic Path Brawler

What in the fuck is that monstrosity

all i know is that we mihgt be getting the ability to use drone ships
i bet the [redacted] ships gonna need a special story skill or a quest to take over
the domain drones dont seeem that advanced so they might work nearly out the box

Nex is the closest to total conversion right now, I'd say

I am not talking about mods that expand the base game systems/mechanics, I am talking about mods that add retarded ships and retarded events with retarded events like killing a mega base with 60 Large Universal hardpoints

>I am talking about mods that add retarded ships
90% of faction mods
>retarded events with retarded events like killing a mega base with 60 Large Universal hardpoints
No idea, sorry

>i bet the [redacted] ships gonna need a special story skill or a quest to take over
Seems like you just need maxed out technology skill tree. Alex also said that the player won't be able to personally command AI ships, so who cares anyway.

>Alex also said that the player won't be able to personally command AI ships
He said you could or put a normal officer in charge but your would get like -100% CR or some shit unless its a AI core.

% of faction mods
What are some good ones? :)

I see a lot of people using Apogee or even multiple in the same fleet. What's up with that? Sensors? Surveying planets? Lack of better options?

Yeah, I'm pretty hyped to find out what omega is

I bet it will be a massive boss ship or station

>I see a lot of people using Apogee or even multiple in the same fleet. What's up with that?
Shitters, Apogee sucks dick

why the fuck do i take rep damage when beating back the other factions' raids on my colonies, even though it SAYS "killing these shitters won't make em' mad"?

It doesnt say "wont make em mad", it says it wont cause hostilities

Why wouldn't you take rep damage, you've just destroyed an entire fleet of theirs.

That looks cool. I really like shipping containers and fuel tanks.

I really like it, one of my favourite ships. Also, when you're doing exploration/salvaging, it's very useful and can scare off pirates and other fags

??????????

Attached: file.png (306x71, 8K)

There was a mod faction I really liked when I played years ago, don't remember the name but it had a gold/sand primary colour and a focus on ballistic weapons. It had a cruiser that was basically built around a single big gun.

Anyone know the name of it?

Attached: 1565203525120.jpg (229x250, 8K)

im not any sci-fi expert but if i had to bet, its gonna be a particulary massive, superheavy armored but damaged battle station

because, to me, sounds like its the CiC of the entire [redacted] faction

if it happened to awaken or reconnect, we will be up our necks in shit, most likely

also might explain why the suposedly imposible phase-battleship was manufactured or the mere existance of guardians (altrough that could be the domain's doing)

Absolutely user, we've all been suckered by fate's sweet kiss-or-leave approach and false promise, but the other guy made it sound like he was somehow sitting in the bumfuck nebula every single time putting the hazard lights on with a frowny face going "how did this happen?"
Hell, the fuel/distance radar thing really does help, I pointed it out in case somehow he missed it. Unlike supplies, fuel at least drains somewhat consistently, wheras I can genuinely appreciate supply shortages sneaking up on someone.

Maybe those faggots shouldn't have violated NAP then

The rep hit isn't for destroying their fleets, it's because the expedition failed. Yes, the AI is that petty

Attached: 1552622364711.png (793x794, 731K)

Odd. The message I get in these cases is "this won't cause outright hostilies" verbatim.

that's fucking bullshit and the game literally lying to you.

Not those guys, and I'm working on half-remembered other threads but I seem to remember someone saying WHEN/HOW you fight them makes this finicky. Do you intercept them? Do you only beat them the fuck up when they turn up at your doorstep?

I really could be wrong on that user, they might have been talking about something else, but it at least sounds similar.

I like Outer Rim Alliance for the look of their ships. Imperium also has pretty good looking ships, but they're pretty damn broken

Imperium?

Too bad update never unless Yea Forums or /vg/ do it.

The game isn't lying to you, iirc expeditions failing for whatever reason always leads to a rep hit, even if they just get raped by pirates. Yes it's bullshit, but in this instance, you were just not in possession of all the facts

just working on the "vaguely gold coloured" basis but its not interstellar imperium is it user? I suspect not, none of those ships immediately look like they've got a gun built around them. Hope you find it.

that doesn't make it better, what the fuck does it blame me for if they run into a black hole or black flags or some shit?

he is right, though, that description is misleading, and it's a game design flaw.

I did the 3 tutorials and still don't understand anything. Am i retarded?

Someone needs to make a mod to fix that desu. And to make faction relations not BS like in mountain blade.

>Hegemony News Network: Insidious Dongus Faction Terorrises Hegemony aid & relief fleet with new stolen black hole technology?
>Space police baffled, -5 rep.
>Next up: Volturnan lobster, secret Tri-tachyon plot?

You mean this ship?

Attached: ii_titan00.png (108x242, 39K)

Yes, but so am I, so it's ok.

Your fleet is kinda pathetic desu famalambamdam

It's not red, and not reaper torpedo shaped. How am I supposed to believe this thing is deadly?

Luddite/pirate pls go

Found it, Kadur Theocracy, seems last version was for something like 0.6-0.7.

RIP

The hull was built around a giant reaper torpedo. Kind of like that A10 was built around the Vulcan cannon.

what are the best fighters and bombers

Yeah, Fs in the chat for all our lost mods

>pic
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZjUiKeXeOc

Cobra.

Trident chads best bombers

Reminds me that Hiigarian Descendants is dead too.

Kadur Theocracy got folded into another mod, I think Vayra's Sector. I'm playing with them now.

I like the sylphon drones and the blade breaker iridium

Yes, I only field drones for fighters because putting a human in those things is fucking instanity

That's Kadur Remnants, very different.

What everyone else said, but here's a few sneaky pointers as that looks like a robberfly in the fleet.

>If you do have the Blackrock mod, I'm telling you now: Get the FUCK over there and purchase a hawkmoth fuel tanker. This thing is fucking lying. See pic. You don't need a comission to get one from them, and it is outright in every shape and form an upgrade from any vanilla tanker, even the luddic one.
>I would personally suggest having an OX while also only having one big ship is absolutely hilarious. You do you user.
>You've got a nice blend of the high-tech, but consider trying different loadouts on that aurora, I suspect you either decided that those clamshell missile launchers were good because they have a lot of ammo, or couldn't get anything else. They're not good maybe give something with a little more wallop a go! Or some energy weapons, play around with it in the sim.
>Everyone has a right to their opinion except peopl who think the Apogee isn't a bad ship. These people are wrong. Find one of the many alternatives if you want to start fighting.
>D-mods are expensive to fix, they are also expensive to keep. Fuck D-mods unless you really are strapped for cash, and even then pick carefully what you do and don't tolerate. A lot of people will hemorrhage cash buying exorbitant amount of supplies rather than pay a big bulk fee to eradicate the problem.
>May not be related to your playstile but something some people miss (including me!): Only your top five in THICCness and Sensor Range actually apply to those scores. This is very much my personal opinion but having a higher sensor range than sensor fatness can and does eliminate a lot of fights you can actually win (because they'll fuck off before you can see them) and make fights you can't win so much harder (because they're interdicting you before you know it)

F
oh fuck where's the brakes.

Here's a picture.

Attached: codex_entry_mkII.png (1920x1080, 1.1M)

>Bombers
Longbows with Sabots and anything with Atropos torpedoes.
>fighters
Remnant Interceptors, normal fighters are pretty worthless

Longbows and cobras.

Jump in at the stars gravity well. If you somehow still get caught by the beam, eburn immediately and you will be able to get out of it quickly

Attached: pirate_attempts_to_raid_my_neutron_star_colony_minus_eight_thousand_access.jpg (400x400, 38K)

Daggers are fine too

Couldn't you tell there was nothing in the system from looking at it from hyperspace?
Also, don't tell me you jumped in the system through the neutron star's gravity well?

user meant this i think

Attached: HDShips.png (920x4000, 2.8M)

how do i up the deployment limit on fights? i can't run my three legion-XIV class plus supports with this 120 limit.

Settings.json

how do you destroy stations? just deploy as many capital ships and cruisers as you can?

you can take some with single ships and good piloting, if they only have one battle-side.
ain't that kinda cheating?

Get enough capitals or curiser/frigate spam. This applies to vanilla and most of mods too.

ive taken down a few with one battle side, but the ones with multiple just wreck me

My core playstyle is a fast cruiser with a single large slot that I stick a tachyon beam on and max range/speed with mods.

I throw a bunch of cruisers, destroyers, and bombers against the station and sit on the sideline lasing a weak spot from long range while my fleet soaks damage and works the shielding.

How is changing game settings to what you like cheating. This isnt a console game.
Ah yes also dont forget about carriers.

i find that carriers help, along with destroyers. frigs are useless against bases, far as i've experienced.
well, can the opposing side also field more shit if i up the limit?

>ain't that kinda cheating?
What do you think mods are? You already decided a bunch of arbitrary departures from vanilla isn't cheating. Why is making your own mod cheating?

Yes and they will usually have more ships than you anyway.

changing the battle size lets you and the enemy deploy more ships that otherwise would be in the reserve. Out of all modding bullshit, this one isnt cheaty in the least.

Nah he meant these.

Attached: 1559952148629.jpg (1246x1246, 253K)

>how do you destroy stations?
Either drown them in bombers, or pull out capital ships. Personally piloting a ghyphon with sabots and reapers helps a lot, but you still need something to draw fire.

well see, i don't really want to bump it up if it just makes me able to field more, that just makes the game easier and i don't want that.
that sounds good though, i love big fights.

Attached: 3d7.jpg (470x470, 25K)

If you raise fleet size you also need to raise deployment points or itll be useless.

yeah, it was deployment points i meant. sorry.

do neutron stars systems have anything useful or should i just ignore them?

I'm thinking of doing playthrough with 1 combat ship only. But that ship would be diable fortress that user made.

Attached: Fortress.png (412x660, 357K)

brainlet here, can someone explain the bonus experience he talks about in his update blog?
fractalsoftworks.com/2019/07/08/skills-and-story-points/#more-4358

Basically, story points are infinite as long as you gain experience. However, if you spend a point on something low-impact, you will get your next point much faster than usual. Let's say it takes 10.000 exp to get a point. If you spend that point on making a hull mod permanent for a capital ship (0% bonus exp), you will get your next one after another 10.000 exp. If you install a hull mod on a frigate (75% bonus exp), it will only take 2.500 exp.

>making hullmods permanent
? Why would you do this? does it give a make it cost less OP or something?

If you want you could also make everything recoverable if you remove UNBOARDABLE. That also applies to mods.

I think by making them permamnent you wont use points on them anymore. They basically become inbuilt.

I'm guessing it would refund the OP

In-build hullmods cost 0 op. Also, the math in my post is wrong, 75% bonus exp means it will take 1.75 times faster, so 5.714 instead of 10.000, but you get the idea.

Atlas MK2's, worth the cost of dragging around or nah?

that does sound nice, but also like it'd make things easier - don't recoverable ships give you more supplies?

No that means that you'd be able to use them in the first place. Something like remnant ships which aren't useable without altering files yourself or a mod.

oooh i see. would enemy 'human' fleets be able to use them as well, if they got the oppurtunity, or are they all limited by doctrine and shit?

Attached: 1501781661424.jpg (1358x960, 529K)

rate my planet
gonna expand to a nearby system once i clear out the redacteds

Attached: epic.png (1282x827, 1.41M)

I dont know about that. haven't seen any NPCs use them yet. Since i play as salvager i remove it from all mods i find them in.

It's literally in the ingame settings, battle size or something.

what mod adds the medical center? I also want to create vatgrown tits.

but crews are cheap though

Makes-the-game-trivial-and-boring/10.
Is that medical center from a mod? What does it do?

>ai cores
HEGEMONY PENIS INSPECTION COMING IN

True, but casually losing dozens of men every engagement is not how we do things in my fleet.

We take care of our own around here, because nobody else will

i think it's shadowyards, and it adds growth and produces a resource called cloned organs

PRAYER DAY

>not using mechs
But yes i understand you i'd do the same if it wasnt for diable mechs.

>map gen spawns endless space storms fucking everywhere
>can’t go anywhere without flying through space storms
Every time

>fly through the huge storm that takes up multiple screens
>40 supplies to recover
Take the frigate pill.

>bounty contract for someone in dickball constellation, near a barren with a giant star
>oh that shouldn't be too hard
>look at constellation
>all barren with giants

Attached: original_result.png (512x512, 601K)

Whats wrong with barren planets?

>Fighters on top of the module slots
Urgh, that's not only wrong but also retarded in space even if you ignore the source content, looks like someone who just took the designs from the Homeworld games without ever playing them.
The original ships also range from almost ok to not fucking fitting in with Higaarans at all, also
>Mirroring the fucking shipyard and calling it a station
>That number of mounts
>Expected to defend a planet
>The fucked up lighting levels on the super freighter
>Turning the frigates into cruisers for some reason
>Having to OC frigates because you turned most of them into cruisers
>The very shitty spritework next to what seems to be screenshots from the original models
>no space boat

I’m sick of these fucking storms, there are no mods that remove them that I know of

DESU i hope someone makes mod that adds terraforming.

>bounty contract hiding in system with a dwarf star in the Dicknob nebula
>look at Dicknob nebula
>it has five dwarf stars

Attached: 1563812514791.png (462x434, 481K)

try not fighting them with your transponder on
i mean you will take a rep hit of -5 or so, but if you openly hit a faction's fleet with a transponder on that's -50 (hostile)

well, it makes it fucking impossible to find the target if there's like 40 planets it could be by.

But there is, i have it

Attached: Снимок690807890.png (494x370, 31K)

I once hunted a bounty of man with the first name Sol, he was hiding behind a black barren planet namned Nog.

>be trader, sailing depths of space with 500k in my pockets
>survey a system, find a habitable world
>decent everything, though the farmland kinda sucks
>decide to colonize it because fuck it why not
>immediately regret this
>constantly raided by pirates
>realize I really don’t have the funds for this
>supplies are low
>just scuttle the whole plan abandoned the colony
>eventually make back what I spent and more from a few good trade deals with the Perseon league
>figure fuck it and get commissioned by them
>immediately go to war with Hegemony
>who cares though, the League is in good with the dictat so I’m still able to trade well
>Left off after ina bar after helping out some perseon rep get rid of some illegal cargo for 7k
>it was a shipment of 100 lobsters
Fuck me this game is great

Attached: F44C1BD7-3143-4D96-9592-AE9C1FA12DEC.png (500x500, 349K)

>Accept a survey mission
>Get to system, see a warning beacon
>"I'll just pop in and out real quick, should be fine"
>There's a [REDACTED] station in orbit above the planet
They don't pay me enough for this.

yeah me too, no idea who thought it would be a fun mechanic to make player stray off course for fucking ever because there's a space storm spanning half the sector.
i'd rather have something like storms being random small pockets with valuable shit in them or some such, not fucking mother-in-law nuisance tier

when to start a colony?

But there is.

mega.nz/#!705GhYQA!PYBksJEYx96NZ6PBEhI5LFhAZ0Dz9YfdGYmDPlHQeNo

Well shit, I’ll have to get it then

When you have few millions and giant fleet. Even better if you have core-chans with synchrotron and pristine printer.

I once had a bounty next to a planet named Christchurch.

Solar shielding

unless you have a great planet or two in a system where your parent faction has battlestations, then you can start one with fuck all

>not wanting to get free AI cores.

Nigga, just walk around it

Nigga I'm doing survery missions, do you think I have the fleet to take a station out?

How do commissions work exactly. Do they pay depending on fleet size and rep?

You still should be fast enough to survey it and run away though.

Thanks

Whats a good fleet composition for combat? i wanna do a combination of exploring and some bounty hunting.

no idea mate, but i'm level 50 with multiple battlecarriers and i get around 100k

The survey option was blanked out for me. I think there was a fleet chasing me too so maybe that was it, I just assumed stations prevented surveys.

Ships with survey equp and salvage gantry even better if they can fight. A few atlases with tugs.Giant tanker.

And for combat?

Depends on your playstyle so cant give advice on that.

>think there was a fleet chasing me
read the flavour text, it sometimes says why you can't do shit, like "such and such fleet is keeping an eye on you"

just completed the tutorial quest. can you give me some basic/early-survival dos-and-don'ts for this game?

Attached: 1563042461665.jpg (866x2483, 437K)

I benched doom and now using harbringer with 3 AM blasters. Always fun to disturb enemy capital ship shields and let my paragon to fucking one shoot it.
Also, it just me, or AI unreasonably prioritize player ship in most cases? Even when i fly meme ships for fun, they focus on me and leave holes for my bigger ships to abuse.

do not stick with frigates forever they are economy choices to grow bigger.

I don't like the new skill system Alex is working on. Being cucked out of half the skills isn't what I want

I agree but the current skill system isn't ideal either and every time I've been on the fence he's ended up making something good. Some things like trading took a few years. But eventually they were good. I've been playing this game since 2015 and honestly I just kind of go with the patches and don't stress. Especially cause mods.

There are always mods to fix that.

A bigger tanker/freighter is more efficient than two smaller ones. Also, Militarized Subsystems hullmod will let your civilian ships be a little bit faster.

You still need tugs unless you want to be slow as fuck.

You can do

Only once you get ot the largest size, which user is not ready for.

I just use the +2 burn and increased efficiency mods, it's not like they need anything else.

yeah but i wanna do more

>Not having quite literally MILLIONS of cash at all times, from over 20 colonies you have in heavily fortified and patrolled systems that allow you to restock amd refuel and re-ship from any side of the core worlds so you can launch a HOLY crusade to establist the Imperium of Man, starting with the Diktat so not only do you control the lobster. You control the fuel, the supplies, the ore, the ship hulls, and the very lives of your enemies as well.

Attached: 1411403794266.png (902x835, 420K)

That's like 40 ordnance points on a capital ship. Imagine all the guns you could put on that if you didn't have to get augmented drive field and used tugs instead.

How do I know what to keep and what to sell?

Attached: 1558458671908.gif (299x240, 174K)

militarized is way more efficient and improves sensor profile as well, if you want to sneak up on people/smuggle.
And drive field is worthless/too costly most of the time.

The easiest choice is to just spam Condors. Carriers are retardedly overpowered right now.

>not starting with hegecucks
Enjoy your penis inspections.

Yes that’s the plan eventually, I’m still enjoying the wondering trader phase right now, that was my actual first attempt to build a colony, so lessons have been learnt.

Big dick capital
One or two blockade cruisers
At least two killer destroyers
One bomber and one interceptor carrier
Rest purely Omens

Always keep some PD and your largest weapons.
You will notice what's trash and what isnt when it starts piling up.
Storage if fucking terrible, buy freighters instead, or combat freighters if you plan on fighting/smuggling a lot.

What's the best setting for this?

Attached: 7ZwxGDE.png (678x478, 91K)

>Storage if fucking terrible
Just use one of the many abandoned stations

Timid for carriers, Aggressive/Reckless for everything else.

>reckless

Nah, they're fucking stupid

All agressive (3rd option). You can manually assign cautious officers to your carriers.

>weapons
>blueprints
>AI cores
>Nanoforges, synchrotron
Don't sell any of those. Buy a storage on a planet you don't plan on making hostile, and drop everything there until you're ready to make your own colonies.

Everyone is fucking stupid in the game, at least the Reckless officers manage to actually fire most of their weapons at a target once in a while.

You should install both.Logistic ship should never enter combat anyway unless theyre mules or something like blackrock "tanker".

They can't inspect shit when dead. Or simply bribed. I have 56 mil in the bank. I gain 1.5 monthly. Aside from rebuilding my massive fleet or dropping a single mil every few months to bribe the penis inspectors, I'm always gaining. It is nothing.
Starting out is hard. You will need mils to burn, and a large fleet to defend. Eventually, you can just put colonies anywhere with your fat stacks.

Attached: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (960x960, 498K)

>always used to jumping traders never being worth it in loot, but only worth it for exploiting the shortages.
>attack one of those mining fleets Nex adds that was orbiting a gas giant with "abundant volatiles"
It gave me fucking 6000 volatiles, what am I even suppoused to do with all this shit?

Crash the fuel economy

What do you put in large missile hardpoints

Squall or hammer

cyclone rapers

MIRVs or annihilators. Reapers only if you are piloting it yourself.

Fucking squalls. The capitals i have just fire it on kites or hounds which just dodge it with no effort

Any good youtubers to watch? I can't figure out any of the core gameplay mechanics.
>How does exploration missions work?
>How does procurement missions work?
>What are the downsides of accepting a stipend?
>How does combat work?Yes micro management essential or do I let my ships do their thing.
>How does weapon systems work?
>How does storage work?(Do I need to remember the planets where I've bought storage space)

Smoothbrain

MIRVs are always a safe choice

DO get a Phaeton and a couple salvage rigs and fuck off into the abandoned systems. Good ships in mint condition abound.

Attached: screenshot012.png (1920x1080, 699K)

just play the fucking game like everybody else

Post only the sexiest ships

Attached: GryphonShipIcon.png (160x245, 60K)

I know it's far from the prettiest but I love it due to the closing armour plates.

Attached: 1562994719206.jpg (1280x800, 128K)

In my first playtrough this was my beloved flagship from mid to late game, (replaced it after I had my colonies custom build a paragon).

Sabots in the small mounts, cyclone reaper in the big and harpoons on the side. God it was good, it could fucking murder any cruiser by sabot blasting it into overload before nuking it to death.

Such a shame that the AI couldnt pilot it for shit, so I had to retire it after I had another flagship.

I really, really hate those thrusters on SCY ships

Attached: BYLUDD.png (1920x1080, 1.01M)

>Youre told where to go, go there
>A base asks for something and will pay for it. Usually you have to accept it first because it goes away if you go to the base without accepting it.
>A stipend? A commission? I think your rep is tied with theirs so if they go to war with X, X also is hostile to you
>combat: press U usually
>Too broad
>Yes

I'd put something like borken rechanging missiles in those 3 front hardpoints desu. And add omniishield.

>sup dawg, we heard you like shields

i feel retarded. i never thought that i lose crew when fighters get destroyed...

>need mils
Ah that makes sense, time to go be a happy seafood merchant and dab on the hegemony

>he doesn't use only ballistic and missile weapons
Energycucks get out.

Attached: 1536107619556.jpg (297x170, 9K)

We're still cool, right?

Attached: Eagle_hegemony.png (168x218, 60K)

>not exclusively ramming ships

>not exclusively using missiles, even as PD.

so is this game worth buying?

thanks for the explanation. but why would i want to get my next one faster? to do more "low impact" stuff? they're worthless imo. enlighten me, user.

No we're having bumplimit back to back threads for 2 weeks because we think it's shit.

Do you guys change the invasion and colonization rates on nexerelin?

Feels maximum comfy increasing the necessary points 10x while enjoying the other aspects of the mod

>not exclusively rammung ships without shields and only ballisistic weapons

Attached: luddic_path.png (410x256, 58K)

>but why would i want to get my next one faster?
So that you don't feel compelled to hoard story points because you might need them for something more important later.

>Youre told where to go, go there
All the locations are far off and the missions go away after some time. Is there anyway to get there faster(any ship I should buy for early game or some other method.
>Usually you have to accept it first because it goes away if you go to the base without accepting it.
Do I need to go to the base to accept it?

God I want to do shieldless, overdriven ballistic+missile only run but it is extreme suffering, only consistent way to win is just outnumbering the enemy 4:1

It's something like 20k base plus 1.5k x player level

Going through the mod index at the moment. There are some cool looking faction mods in here. How many would you recommend using? Can you even use more than one or can you just pile them on until it breaks?

>Storage if fucking terrible
Leaving hundreds of spare weapons in storage won't even start to cost you what it costs to buy a single freighter for months.

Buy fuel tankers and lots of fuel to make the return trip. In general just explore and survey planets.

No just click accept in the intel screen

Holy shit you have small brain syndrome, you need to accept the missions

Anyway:
>Get commissioned by Persion league
>they go to war with hegemony
>only minor issue since I generally trade with the dictate and League anyway
>Hegemony merchants pop in League territory
>help destroy them
>get a decent rep boost and my god
>all that loot
>hand rubbing intensifies exponentially

>Can you even use more than one or can you just pile them on until it breaks?
You can, if you have a good PC. Starsector is a bit weird in that it preloads literally every single texture and keeps them in memory at all times. So if you use a whole bunch of faction mods that each add doens of new ship textures, you'll need a lot of VRAM. Having extra markets also requires faster CPU.

>this is what talking to a gamma core must feel like

Why is why you go pirate and assrape everyone

I once got a reploss when an expedition failed because the planet where it was being planned got invaded and conquered by another faction.

Do jihadis and dindu pirates still harass your colonies even if you are 100/100 rep with them

Fleet status: MUH

Attached: 1251024427788s.jpg (157x200, 11K)

What exactly do the Military Base/High Command upgrades do? Does it cause my patrol fleets to just patrol a bit farther than my solar system or can I use it to direct my patrol fleets to attack systems?

Yes. I heard Nex fixes it.

It makes your patrols much stronger. With just HQ you shit pickets are only good for flipping comm relays and spotting smugglers. With a military base you get fleets with 3-4 capitals in them that can actually deal with expeditions.

kek

Has anyone used Noir/Looter orbital stations for their colony? Are they any good? Seems like they should be better than default at those prices

Attached: Conquest2.png (190x400, 138K)

>Not in Diktat(or) pink.
>Vomiting_lobster.tiff

Any mods so far tried fixing starbase combat? The only things that seem to work are having a huge army or massed Sunders with Plasma Cannons.

I was hoping for either a siege option or dedicated base-breaker ships. Say with extreme damage and range, but projectiles so slow they'd be very difficult to use in regular combat.

I saw a webm in some previous thread that was basically a giant single shot nuke

afaik still no way to send them to attack planets, you have to do that personally. Though the other factions work in a similar way, only being able to send one expedition at a time.

Should I survey planets even if there is no mission currently telling me to survey them or is it a waste of resources?
Untrue. I have a massive brain with many wrinkles.
Gamma cores are big brained entities in the game world?

>mods

Attached: Pete.jpg (500x670, 101K)

>this retarded greentext
are you some kind of a newfag?

Underrated capital

Yes, that's why they're only called "Gamma"

Attached: 1520762140187.png (621x672, 573K)

How many salvage rigs is enough

Yes but bring lots of supplies, also you can just preliminary survey the ones you dont think have anything good in them. You usually full survey the ones that look habitable for ruins you can explore. Are gas giants worth surveying? I dont think so.

Like 2, hover over the salvage gantry hullmod

SWP has some long-range artillery ships that are good against stations.

0, use drone tenders instead.

but they have a worse bonus

none.

Anyone used user's updated prices?

Why the fuck are Tyrador's ships so fucking expensive, why is an Angon 217k?

I hope someone makes flying colony ship in their place. Indlcluding colony management etc. Also that mod is dead.

thanks, I'll take a look

For me, its joke ships!

Attached: export.png (214x4000, 109K)

AI cores as ship officers, why isnt it a thing

Will be in vanilla next update.

can I become friend of the ninth battlegroup ?
is it worth it ? those fuckers are tougher than the remnants to raid

You should see blade breakers then.

>charges headfront with pd lasers

>How does storage work?(Do I need to remember the planets where I've bought storage space)
if you press D it brings up your colony list
for some reason planets where you stored your shit are listed there even if they're not yours

ships&weapons pack (must have imo) adds a low tech cruiser with siege cannons preinstalled. 1500 range stock explosive damage with good rof. Also adds low tech destroyer with large ballistic slot and ammo feeder. Diable and Society ships also add very long range stuff.

this game IS mods
it's alive because of mods

How much rep is recovered when your side signs peace with another faction? Just ~50 or you can go balls to the wall on them and get most rep back since you were just "following orders"?

Yes, just sneak into one of their bases and shower them with prisoners and AI cores.

It's worth it just to get a chance to buy their special ships. You don't need a comission as well.

Starting a fight with a (you)less 2 hour old post. Nice. Keep it up.

good pick, anyone who don't find those thicc curves sexy are chronically homo

i do however prefer a little bit of frills to accentuate dem curves

Attached: Midtech2x_cv.png (140x250, 57K)

Is there some neat niche use for Kite without the weapon mounts, or is it purely a joke ship?

Get cash, and my advice? Get a system with a few usable worlds. World's with low hazard and some resources you can export. The income from a system full of worlds all exporting is what will fund you colonizing more worlds. Its a snow ball.

Attached: (you).gif (480x238, 430K)

Until you hit the dumb arbitrary colony limit.

For chilling in orbit while your colony prints money

Speaking of curves
Carriers are just so sexy

Attached: Astral2.png (320x440, 150K)

Are Sindrians ethnically pajeets?

From experience, is there an ideal number for immersion/aesthetics? I'm just wondering if putting in too many makes it feel cluttered.

Cant you get more infinitely with cores?

First time seeing this one I thought the launch bays were a huge spinal mount cannon.

aha! that's smart.

i use msi afterburner to follow fps and discover bottlenecks. but the stats in-game become blurry for starsector only. what other program to use or how can i fix it?

Just went and checked.
There is nothing, would kind of horrifying if it was canon.

>There is nothing
Nothing as in empty space as far as you can go or do you eventually hit some kind of barrier?

who /bountyhunter/ here

Attached: 1541756956798.jpg (200x214, 12K)

Tried, but it didn't seem too profitable. Most bounties barely paid for suplies and fuel.

Maybe it needs a different fleet composition, fewer ships and doing most of the work myself in a Doom or something.

anybody got that infographic about the various fighters?

As always, the answer is to bring carriers

How can I buy this game without going through that ass site?

But they're cheaper and more versatile

Hey guys I just started. How fast should I be procuring new ships? I currently have the ones the tutorial throws at you, a pirate destroyer and two frigates, and I just found a Medusa.

Empty space.
Imagine being stuck in that shit sector with all these retards around.

My save file got corrupted. Even the backup. Shit sucks.

Entirely up to you and your playstyle, really

Carrying what though? Stations have some crazy PD. I tried bombers since in theory they should have an advantage against stationary targets, but they die to any kind of PD along with their payload. Same with the annihilator rockets.

I guess maybe full torp reapers and hammers? Didn't try that one yet. And still needs something to keep the carriers safe from long-range cannon shots.

Well, obviously you need something with staying power for your frontline. As for the fighters, I find a combination of longbows and daggers works best

>only run but it is extreme suffering, only consistent way to win is just outnumbering the enemy 4:1
implying

Attached: kerberos against remnants.png (1620x922, 283K)

is it better to outfit each carrier with fighters and bombers or make separate fighter and bomber carriers

>Federal Express as a company
>Federal Express Express as a faster but pricier service option

i assumed the idea was more that fedex lost its meaning as federal express and the "express" was just an ironic happenstance only one from the past could understand

Depends on the ship but generally cant go wrong with squall or hurricane

What mods give buildings and stations? I know Lanestate gives a couple

>best fighter
Flash bomber
>best bomber
Flash Bomber

You want your fighters to screen for your bombers absorbing all the fire and dropping flares, along with pressuring the shields of your target.

Not juts midline, but high tech too. I've found Harbingers and Dooms for sale in the Independent military market almost as often I find them in Tri-Tach's military market.

Thats good and all but more lore when?

Attached: Dont phase kids.png (674x88, 54K)

>Doing low-risk remmant exploration
>Avoid med danger buoys
>Find a 14th Onslaught
My fleet consists of an Apogee, 2 light carriers, 6 wolf frigates and 2 small fuel tankers with surveyor gear so i'm not even close to being able to support this thing, should I pay for storage on a colony and come back to it later?

Store it on an abandoned station., assuming you have enough fuel to get it back to the core systems.

if you can get an astral, then 6 flashes, the carpet of death they lay is amazing

Yeah, me too. I like their designs otherwise.

you can actually leave it there and come back
just make to be sure that its shown permanently ion the map(don't disappear when you are far away)

I can recover it and mothball it back to civilization, but should I sit on it? I don't plan on building a heavy fleet anytime soon. My plan is to get more Wolf frigates and support them with missile ships and heron carriers, traveling pretty light and fast.

Do it user
You'll feel the need to bring out the big guns really fucking soon because those wolves get torn apart easily and heron is a piece of shit compared to some other carriers
You wont be able to do harder bounties or even anything other than just trading around and scraping by after a while
It's not like it hurts to have a big ship in the bank, as long as you either have a comission or leave it at a free station

You probably don't have the resources to support keeping it in your fleet, presently. I typically store all of the Legion XIV's I find and slowly outfit/restore them over time, only really using them when I need them until I can fully support keeping them in my fleet 24/7.

What the actual fuck is this goddamn system. There's like four remnant stations too.

Attached: screenshot013.png (1920x1080, 2.92M)

where the fuck are you guys finding capital derelicts just sitting around? i can only very rarely find them when there's big battles actually raging around (so far only an atlas and a conquest)

unexplored sectors

Explore outside the core worlds more often

What the hell is that ring? Is that from Unkown Skies?

yeah

Are there any mods which add cool looking ships that aren't comedically overpowered?

I've tried most of existing mods and none of ships there are even close to paragon/doom/astral level of overpowered.

>On a smuggling mission, getting a shipment of drugs to a pirate planet in the Sindria system
>As I leave docks, my business done and my pockets flowing with cash, I see a notice pop up in the bottom left of the screen
>"System Bounty active, originated from the Sindrian Diktat"
>"Destroy a pirate frigate, get 1500 base reward"
>I am still in orbit of the planet, surrounded by five pirate fleets
>Fuck it.jpg
>Take them on all at once, fight lasts a good half an hour
>100K rewards waiting for me
>pockets even fatter than before
>ships exhausted
>when I see it
>a sixth fleet out of engagement range, looking at me
>eyes bolstered red with greed, I charge without thinking and engage
>this time they have four carriers and a battlecruiser
>meanwhile my fleet is at 20% CR
>get my shit pushed in
>get pursued
>get my shit pushed in some more
>end up with nothing but a hammerhead, some frigates, and a couple of freighters left
Hubris is a dangerous thing, folks.

Attached: 1558319786581.jpg (350x376, 15K)

Cool looking is pretty subjective. But I think Neutrino adds some cool ships that are only somewhat OP.

>accept a ceasefire offer from the hedgehogs after I took one of their systems and then rebuffed a bigass invasion of one of the worlds in my capital system.
>the cease fire is suppoused to last for 150 days.
>about 1 month after accepting I get a message that they are planning one of those "fuck freeports" expeditions against one of my colonies offically due to arrive in 100 days.
>With the traveling in system these fucks are gonna arrive roughly exactly when the caease fire ends.

AGAINST THE ENEMIES OF MANKIND THERE CAN BE NO PEACE.

I have become too strong for my own good

Attached: 1562158213639.png (226x219, 96K)

Are habitable planets supposed to be extremely rare? I've searched half the world and found one terran world and some shitty desert planets

Yellow, orange, and red dwarf stars have the high probability of containing habitable planets.

Terran and Water worlds are a luxury. Look at their conditions instead, hazard rating means jack.

That's where the words "saturation bombardment" enter the conversation

there are more ff14 and wow threads than starsector

Day of the shower soon

this is a disguised Sseth thread, also, take your indiefag friends over at lobotomy corporation general too.

>ctrl+f Sseth: 1 result
how exactly is this a disguised Sseth thread

>your indiefag friends over at lobotomy corporation
Don't worry, we're eagerly awaiting the Sseth review to reinvigorate those threads, I look forward to your seething.
t.LoboChad

Blackrock isn't OP, I think. Shadowyards is said to be underpowered.
In my experience the Jackhammer and Maul are the only really OP ships they have on offer. Their special ship, the Unsung, is easy enough to avoid so I wouldn't factor it in.

>Constantly see lobocorp threads
>No fucking idea what the game is, what you do, how it plays
>Just people talking about their favourites monsters and shit
It's a big and terrible confusion, but I almost don't want to look into it because the confusion is fun

Attached: 1548331278481.png (240x313, 153K)

Diable ships look great but they're pretty weak, and not very good overall if you're not into missiles.
But it has the Gulf if you're running IBB too so I need it

>Blackrock isn't OP, I think.
Not sure about their entire lineup but Vespa is most bullshit bomber in the game and all its mods and there is no close second.

The only Blackrock ship anyone ever talks about is the Nevermore because FAST and fat cannon.

2 carriers and a bunch of light cruisers and frigates.

Where the hell are you people getting these interesting market conditions from? Is there a mod that adds more planet variety?

I have problem going pirate. All the intel I get on departures indicate the fleets will be huge compared to my fleet, so I have problem finding suitable target (the small fleets carrying supplies or fuel).
Got any tips?

>Astral loaded up with nothing but Vespa
The sound is orgasmic

Attached: 1495916503716.png (600x542, 599K)

Is doing nothing but bombers ever smart? Wont they just get shotdown before delivering their payloads? Fighters with flares are needed as meatshields and PD.

If anything desdinova requires a mention for how fast it can go even without modifications. Heck a dessie that can push 350+ SU(which doesn't cut off momentum instantly like other mobility systems) with multiple missile capable weapon slots is quite powerful if you use it properly for pouncing vulnerable enemies behind the frontline.

Where do I get alpha cores, user? I have 3, I need 2-4 more.

Remnant fleets

Go kill funkyfleets if you can't be fucked to search for derelicts or ruins

High level remnants, bigger domain relics, like survey ships, ruins

What would be a definitive upgrade from SO Hammerhead?
I tried Apogee and Falcon and both can't kill shit for shit.

You need PD saturation or your bombers won't live long. At least 6 wings of anything expendable used from herons/moras or mod carriers that have 4 wings for 25 points will do. Sparks are perfect for this - hard to kill compared to analogues, unmanned, and deal pretty serious damage for their size.

I never get the actual fleets - only standalone ships orbiting my fleet.
I was so fucking disappointed I didn't get an Alpha for mothership.

Guys is there a way to make performance better? I have decent PC but using Graphics lib and other stuff makes it very laggy for me even tho I disabled most of the stuff and it doesent even use all of my computers resources.

You have to go to high danger systems if you really want to farm remnant fleets

ANY MODS THAT ADD MORE PLANET VARIETY? I'M TIRED OF EXPLORING A SYSTEM AND THERE'S A FUCKING BILLION BARREN PLANETS

If I have a shortage in Drugs but I have a Light Industry already, would building another solve the issue?

how the fuck do you fit that shit

Apogee is an armed exploration cruiser, not really a full warship but there should be a variant that is. If you're looking for a cruiser that acts like a bigger Hammerhead you'll be disappointed. Most cruisers have speed ship systems. Falcon/Eagle are more maneuverable with added ballistic/energy mounts and Dominator is a mount for big guns but is fun with SO +Devastators. Aurora is probably the best upgrade if you want to go fast and still hit hard without going straight into phase tech.

pretty sure unknown skies is the only mod that does that

medusa

did you edit the game to use more ram?
its only uses 1.5 gigs by default
theres some file you have to fuck with.

there isn't, the game is just not optimized at all. i'm on a i7 and a 1660ti, thinking i can do an all-carrier fleet and it just slows down to a crawl when releasing my 35+ wings. just accept it.

Can you point me to some guide? I have like 16 gigs.

>Falcon
>can't kill shit for shit.
Get a Falcon (P), nigga

this guide explains it.
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726.0

You need to edit a file called something like "vparams" or something. This will get changed/integrated into the launcher next version.

Replacing the default portraits is really tedious. Delete, copy, paste, rename, 93 times.

not really in practice longbows and torpedo bombers launch their payloads well out of range of PD, and the kopesh and piranha deploy their stuff as a massive clump that does give them cover.

enemy interceptors are the only real threat to most bombers

does the autoforge thing on gryphon can only be used once? or does it recharge, but at a very very slow rate?

Is there any mod that makes the AI not retarded?, like being able to set up formations and the ships actually stay in those formations instead of fucking off and dying alone?

If piloted by you, a safety overridden Hammerhead with dual assault chainguns will give the most boom for your buck. If you manage to find one, an Afflictor with three antimatter beams does a pretty good job at killing larger ships too.
Your maximum burn level is affected by the lowest one of your fleet, but militarized subsystems/ the augmented drive field can make most cargo ships suitable for your fleet as well.

just tell them to escort the biggest ship you have bro

are there any mission/story/boss mods? i want to fight some insane shit

Attached: 1241272277073.jpg (640x342, 52K)

but will only start to back off once it's too late

someone please tell me how to get rid of luddic path idiots permanently before I fucking lose my mind

No, you really have to keep the AI and officer in mind when kitting out your ship.

saturation bombardment bro

I did, they have no more planets yet their bases are still popping up and they shit up my colonies
do I need to get rid of the luddic church as well?

thats even more retarded, smaller ships just go ahead of the battlecruisers, eat shit while not letting the BC shoot and die

the AI is completely retarded, i have carriers with no weapons and cruisers with only LR missiles and even if i give them an order to stay back or defend an area they will try their hardest to go ram enemies

in that case i don't know, maybe you can't

Ship/weapon pack has some of it.

How do I make webms? I want to post some from my fights cause these threads always lack them but I'm a brainlet

Try Advanced Renamer.

Only once

>destroy redacted using simple trick

Attached: mad dog attacks.webm (720x506, 2.91M)

You need mods

really? i have it, but the only big thing i encountered was the luddic cathedral

There's none that are solely boss fights but plenty of faction mods include them, like Approlight

pleb who has yet to get into this game, what are the point of beams? They never seem to have that much of an effect

does any other mod besides Vayra's Sector let you completely get rid of luddic path and pirates?

That only works if you're renaming a large number in a sequence. What I'm doing is replacing the default portraits. The way the default portraits are set up, they're sorted by faction, there's no single sequence here. Nevermind that a lot of the effort is going through my custom portraits (644 images) and picking out a good replacement for an ugly vanilla one.

Visit bars and seek IBB agents. They should have made that shit more noticeable.

You can't get rid of Path and Pirates, even in Nex I think.

>long range
>pd
>flux effective
>long range pressure
>really long range
>always hit
but yeah I love dakka dakka more

Attached: extra dakka.jpg (1024x782, 233K)

I wouldn't say beams are very flux effective. A lot of them have a 1-1 damage-flux ratio, and that's before taking into account enemy shields.

What's the combat like? Can I fire manually?

yes
you can also put all or some of the weapons in auto mode
useful with PD

I dont think so but you can disable everything else you dont want to, just use it

Tactical laser - useless
Graviton beam - pressure on shields (you essentially deny enemy ~200 disspaton for the cost of 75 yours as long as shields are up)
Ion beam - good EMP
HI laser - making armor useless mechanic altogether, it's this good
Tach lance - can be pretty strong alpha strike + EMP weapon if used on paragon, because it has 2 universal mounts to apply hard flux

what are your beef with it?
if you tell me i can gut it so only desirable stuff remain

Archean Order sounds more interesting and I was wondering If I could combine the two but keep only that one feature from Vayra's Sector and hopefully it won't fuck things up too much

Anyone had an idea how large the battlefield is? Can I control most of it with a Paragon with around 2500 range?

>no bro, it's only lightly scratched

Attached: made by alfa romeo.jpg (1606x925, 391K)

I didn't even know that was possible

Tactical laser is useful with the point defense AI hull mod

Could this be changed by making so that all missile weapons equiped by bombers have half the range of their usual small mount versions?
So the reaper on a cobra bomber has a range of 600 instead of the 1200 it would have mounted on a real ship.

Then bombers would have to get into PD range, and fighter escorts could escort them.

Attached: earth think.png (1920x1080, 2.97M)

There's something great about watching your fleet of wolf frigates blink around and surround a ship before destroying it. Makes me wanna get some aggresive officers to crew them.

tac lasers + point defence AI on a paragon gives your PD a range of 2000, no fucking munitions can hit your ass.

So i managed to salvage this meme pirate falcon, how the fuck am i supposed to use it?

Anyone else find it strange that there's no interaction between heavy armaments and marines?
It'd be great if your marines received a raid strength bonus based on the amount of heavy armaments you have per marine.
For example if you had 200 marines and 100 heavy armaments, it would count as 300 marines

>fleet "gud" enough to dab on derelict motherships, pirate stations and pirate fleets of nearly any size
>still can't deal with medium-sized remnant fleets without losing a ship or two

Fill it with torpedoes, nuke everything

There are no op mod ships anymore. Most mod ships are still inferior to vanilla high tech craft like Tempest and Paragon.

>auxiliary thrusters
>hardened subsystems
>safety overrides
>reaper torpedoes
deja vu

But there sure as shit are OP guns, I downloaded some mod called "legacy of bla bla whatever" that adds a faction called the "reperations society" that are just pretentious pirates (They only hate the hedgehogs, so they're decent enough people) that adds disgusting things called Pellet guns.

>until they retract the contract
I wish there were some sort of tiered system for being late, like decreased rewards. It seems unrealistic that a colony would just all of a sudden not require fuel anymore, as if they were holding some battleship engine racing competition, and the window had already passed. It would make more sense for the contract's value to depreciate a point, before being terminated. If I'm in their system, making a fucking b line to a station with a supply deficit, it makes little sense that they would suddenly stop needing them just because I hadn't met their requested deadline.

>Through repeated diplomatic blunders and misunderstandings enter a war with Shadowyards
>My colony suffers a stability loss and several raids by them
>Gather an incredibly powerful specialized fleet and steamroll them and their defenses, first raiding a station on one of the nearby systems
>Check its description
>It's just a port filled with people displaced by war
>Feel like shit, give them some food and supplies to stabilize the place and head to the SRA home system
>Hit them hard and ruthlessly to end the conflict as quickly as possible
>Immediate ceasefire offer
>Accept it, give both planets some food and supplies and leave
If they pull that shit again, I am just taking their planets, don't piss into the hurricane twice.

Yeah, some mod weapons are powerful, but they're still nothing compared to shit like Antimatter Blasters that are small energy weapons with capital grade firepower.

The torpedoes are useless against shields, in a 1v1 against anything bigger than a destroyer i'll lose

Why the fuck is adding a star system to the game so goddamn convoluted? I've modded plenty of other games without having to go through the hoops this game demands of me.

This game pisses me off so much. I really can't play it anymore. Fucking remnant attacks a bounty I was after and then of course, in natural fashion. Kills the only fucking guy in the group I needed. Such a god damn waste this game is.

I've got two Sabot SRM Pods to deal with shields before I use the torps.

I got a Sneed class destroyer but I feel like it isnt quite cucking it. Should I switch to a BRAP? Whats a good fit for it?

tips for starting out?

>two
I don't believe you. I put those sabots in 4 slots (2 in the big ones, so a 6 missiles salvo in total). Yet they're still (assuming all 6 managed to get past all the PDs) utterly impotent against cruiser-level shields

Fellow RP bro.

Just a flesh wound

this game is trashy bullshit i wouldn't recommend it to my worse enemy

Get a commission, fight lots!

They're insane. Even my late game fleets struggle with their B tier fleets.

You should at least make them recoverable then

That one graphicsLibs the mods require actually forces the game more than you would expect
There's a setting that essentially turns it off without stopping mods from working so try that too
t. guy with a beefy computer

i love low tech swarms