Just picked this up for the first time what am I in for?

Just picked this up for the first time what am I in for?

Attached: The Evil Within.jpg (1526x2153, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zigTx34rpsw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

good fucking game, enjoy.
Don't bother trying 2nd part, it's a rushed cashgrab made by some retard

Abit frustrating because of some poor mechanics like the accuracy but a great game.

A completely awful PC port with a really obtrusive intro that sets a completely different tone than the rest of the game. Otherwise it's still pretty ok

Pretty neat game. It plays like RE4 with expanded moves like matches but there are some notable difficulty spikes.

Stealth game. Not RE4, stealth. There are action sequences but that's not how you should play the game.

Good game? I had to force myself to finish it. It wasn’t even slightly scary and at times seemed it was trying too hard. What cemented my hatred of this game was when the enemies start using fully automatic weapons. Also the levels in broad daylight. When I buy a horror game I expect a horror game, not some lackluster third person shooter with slight horror elements. The only level I absolutely loved was the one in the hospital with those invisible motherfuckers. Shit had me genuinely on edge and I loved every second of it.

Bugs, unpolished shit, one-hit kills, taking damage in middle of an animation, camera being bad and bad bosses.
You can still have some fun, it has some cool visual effects and spooky shit, but it's a mess of a game. Don't play it on hard, it's not worth it.

amazing game if you genuinely like vidya. learn to time matches to kill multiple enemies at once, the aoe is massive. also don't fall for the stealth meme the game tries to push in the tutorial chapters if you want to have fun and not waste hours of your life

it's not third person shooter, it's a horror-survival game what the fuck

It’s plays like a goddamn third person shooter. There was very little horror elements, and the “survival” elements are minimalistic compared to horror games I absolutely adore.

>it's a horror-survival game
till chapter 6, then it turns into a bad RE4

It's a better post-RE4 Resident Evil game. I enjoyed it immensely and still need to do the harder difficulties and DLC.

Make sure upgrade your gear user, it can make some of the frustrating parts run smoothly

I don't think so

Well, opinions, I played recently and was pretty bummed when the house on fire shit happens, then the dudes with the arrow shooters, then the two big zombies, then the weird dog fight, the game turned into a bizarre direction and most of the bugs and gameplay problems became huge problems on chapter 6.

I’m what way do you consider it horror? It’s not scary. It’s not even creepy. I was never sucked into the design or atmosphere.

it's supposed to be bizzare, it's not some kind of coincidence.
it is creepy with top notch atmosphere.

Yes yes. We’ve established that you believe that. Now explain how. Because I’ve certainly explained how it isn’t with all the daylight levels and enemy’s using literal machine guns.

Is The Evil Within 2 really that bad?

It's a decent game, but controls feel clunky.

>it's supposed to be bizzare, it's not some kind of coincidence
you can say that, but it doesn't really work with that gameplay, the beginning in the village, the hospital and sewers were good enough, the gameplay shift would be welcome if the game worked with that.

the badman is actively trying to preven the MC from progressing now that he is aware he's in there and what his intent is especially since he's survived so long

Underrated Kino.

it's directed by the guy that worked on special effects in first game.
It's really bad

Follow the lady in the opening scene and the rain makes her white shirt transparent. You can like totally see her bra. 10/10 game

Congratulations. You’ve successfully explained a plot. Now tell me how that’s horror?

I don't even know what the fuck you're even trying to say.
Every area of this game is bizzare as fuck, that includes enemies too.
RE4 is a good game

Re4

I... I think you’re retarded. When did I ever talk about RE4?

I've seen people shitting on EW2 everywhere, but I think it's a good game, the open world part isn't bad, gameplay works fine, it's more polished (but still has some bugs).
The hugest downside is story and setting, the game take a twist after defeating the cool villain, and you don't have some kino moments like EW1, also it's kinda cheesy with the sad dad searching his daughter.

It has some really ridiculously bad design decisions. Like enemies literally don't drop ammo. The only way to get ammo is to pick it up from scripted locations, or by crafting it yourself through gunpowder that the enemies drop.

I saved ammo during my entire playthrough until you reach a forced fight and I lost literally all of my ammo and still didn't win the fight.

Also the voice acting at the start is atrocious, not sure why because it gets much better after mid game

A mix of all jhorror-games from silent hill to dead rising.
Don't skip DLC they are pretty good.

How am I supposed to know which anonymous are you? Dumb newfag

A pretty solid horror game that isn't the best horror game ever but nonetheless is pretty good. A really interesting one to discuss too because it makes some experimental choices.

By following the clear line of though fucktard. We are talking about Evil Within. Not even the other guy commenting on your idiotic response has disparaged RE4. RE4 is good, unlike this game.

>I don't even know what the fuck you're even trying to say.
I'm trying to say that the game turning into a more action oriented shit after chapter 6 was really poor implemented

The guy also directed the first game DLCs
Which are pretty good

Lol fuck off reddit

Is The Evil Within 3 going to happen, bros?

>ITT: Redditor tries valiantly to defend The Evil Within, but only outs himself as a retard.

My only issue with The Evil Within is the last few bits of gameplay with the giant abomination, rocket launcher, and mounted machine gun. That was just extremely absurd and kinda killed the mood for me.

Maybe, we got a little tease at the end of EW2, Ruvik still free and we don't know what happened to Joseph.

>directed the first game DLCs
No wonder they were trash

get filtered you dumb bitch

You can say what you want about TEW2, but it has one of the best easter eggs of all time.
youtu.be/zigTx34rpsw

>dumb pun is the best part of the game
thanks for proving me right

OP here just played the first 2 chapters and I gotta say the game is pretty spooky. Chapter 2 reminded me of the village sections from RE4. Do you guys have any advice on how to best use the matches? Should it only be saved for certain enemies? What happens if you don't burn them?

Use matches only when there's 2 or more enemies within it's range.

>What happens if you don't burn them?

Literally nothing. There are some enemies which are faking to be corpses and they'll get up. But if you kill an enemy, he will never revive, so don't worry about that.

Also enjoy the spookiness because it disappears in like 2 chapters

Ok nice. btw should I play this like a stealth game? It seems it kinda forces you into it with how little ammo you are given

No, you should kill everyone in sight through whatever means necessary because it's the only decent way to get XP. The game will automatically spawn ammo if you run out.

There's always a way to kill enemies without using much ammo though. For example there's hatchets around which you can use for 1 hit kills. Or if you hit an enemy with a brick/bottle in the head in clsoe range, you can use a stealth kill on them.

Basically try to kill everyone with the knife

Get the upgrade to hold atleast 10 matches
Also don't upgrade your lifebar, there's an item that increase it