Railroad Tycoon

What is the true successor of this game? I've seen so many new games (train/transport fever, railroad empire, mashinky, probably a few others not here)
SM Railroads is a downgrade in almost every way save for the graphics.
Also how the hell do you beat the Germany mission in the campaign on hard mode with gold? I've tried it like 5 times and the best I can get is Silver.

Attached: rt3_cover_fullsize.jpg (538x522, 374K)

I love that game

Indeed

But there is a successor. It's called factorio

Mashinky is decent but still in early acces

how?

transport fever is pretty decent if you're willing to dip into mods (which there are a lot of)

None of those games replicate RT3's economic system, which is what made it so special.

>tfw a game with the economic system of railroad tycoon and the infrastructure building of OpenTTD updated for the modern era and expanded upon will nerv happen

Never happen*

It wasn't until last year that I saw that there is a bunch of fanmade scenarios and stuff online, easy to find in the top google search results.

Railroad tycoon 3 is peak and nothing tops it unfortunately.

Hawk and Badger has been up for years.

It never occurred to me to look it up before, railroad tycoon 3 just seemed like a not well known game that I got when I was younger.

I still have my original discs, but got it again on steam just to have digitally.

sorry user the technology just isnt there. oh wait its 2019, guess the industry sucks.

I still remember and love the intro movie about the kid remembering when he was broke and found out about trains.

eastern europe was the most based section of this game

how?