Kojima literally invented a new genre of video games...

Kojima literally invented a new genre of video games. Typical action games have the player unlock new content through progression. For instance, if you reach level 2, you can now equip a bamboo stick. In a Strand Game, the content is locked unless the entire playerbase succeeds at achieving a particular goal. Content is unlocked as community goals are filled.

No other game has ever done this.

Attached: StrandSystemKojima.jpg (960x600, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aqwwiki.wikidot.com/wars
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So you can't progress unless everyone else progresses with you.

This sounds like a nightmare. If it was only a couple thousand people, then it wouldn't be a problem. But normies are only going to play it once and then never think about it again, locking potentially millions of people out of content. I call shenanigans on Kojimbo.

>buys game and plays for 5 minutes without unlocking anything, then stops playing

problem?

Noby Noby Boy

Imagine having to take a piss but you can't until everyone else figures out how to piss with you.

I thought Dragons Dogma already did this
then a couple MMOs before that

So, no replayability then?
>play the first time unlocking shit with the resdt of the world
>second time you can just equip all the bamboo sticks right away I guess.

Imagine thinking no other game has done this. It was a common theme in MMOs until and including WoW

No, you can progress as long as other people work harder than you at achieving community goals. It's not on a per player basis.

Didn't this retard try it with the nukes in mgs5?
Protip it was a disaster.

>No other game has ever done this.
Literally every gachashit ever when they do community events?

How does that idea fit with everyone playing the same character ?

Elite:dangerous has had community goals since like forever? Plot twist: they're not fun

do Kojimadrones actually believe this or is it some kind of goofy false flag? It's exactly how the AQ gate opening in WoW worked, and probably dozens of other events in other multiplayer games

those games have been on .io for years. even some dude on Yea Forums made one

Wasn’t this basically the whole “world tendency” thing from Demon’s Souls?

aqwwiki.wikidot.com/wars

that's right comrade

Attached: ccp.jpg (474x316, 6K)

so what if I wait it out until this game is in the bargain bin years later and everything is unlocked and figured out?
is it just a normal action game then?

name 5

This has already been done before, literally every online game has "community challenges"

Daoc
Des
Warhammer online
Elite dangerous
Eve online

Then you get to realize it's another mediocre AAA open world game with a social networking gimmick.

Genres are declared by players and viewers. When you crown yourself creative king for your own as of yet unreleased title, that's when you know that you've crawled up their own asshole.

He transcended games. He became an artist.

Yeah, just off the top of my head there's cursors.io and a flash game from years ago that had a set number of lives that everyone had access to, and once those lives were gone, the game locked up.

I read that as "he became an autist", which sounds more accurate in my mind.

As one user once said about Death Stranding, "this is the moment where Kojima went so far up his own ass that he went through his brain and out his own ear."

>What is WoW
>What was the War Effort

>implying he hasn't already

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Sounds like you may have a touch of the Tism yourself

Ok this is by Fucking far the stupidest shit I have very heard of fuck kojima and fuck anyone else who makes a strand game I will never buy a game like this I HATE relying on others

So this dude is just Peter Molyneux now, right?

My nigga throwin me back

No other game my ass

Attached: DST.png (1254x253, 624K)

>gacha games giving free rolls, content, and currency if enough players RT a social media post
the gachafication of mainstream gaming is finally complete. Make sure to RT and piss on a mushroom to unlock 30 strandcoins and 1.30% rate up on rare fetus drops!

Attached: 1410537155503.png (171x189, 41K)

>everything unlocks quickly, making it pointless
>things unlock slowly, frustrating early players
>things realistically never fully unlock, locking content permanently and annoying completionists
>things unlock on a basis of popularity, making unpopular choices stay locked indefinitely, frustrating people who wanted that specific content
I literally can't think of an overall positive possibility here. At best, it's like small content patches early in a games lifespan, but even then its essentially on-disc dlc.

>Tyrone Magnus called it "Death Boring"
>Maximilian Dood rolled his eyes at it and mocked the Kojima
>two bald dudes (or whatever their name is) called it the worst trailer for anything in history and asked why the fuck anyone would ever play something like this
>that one blonde bitch clearly was trying to cheerlead it but couldn't understand anything that happened in the trailer and ended up totally unable to think of even a single positive comment about the game
>that one asian bitch was just like what the fuck nigga lol

This is going to be a disaster. Even the usual viral marketers on youtube are refusing to market this game. Literally EVERYONE (except EasyAllies, which tells you everything you need to know about their credibility [or lack thereof]) is saying this looks retarded and they have no interest in buying it.

He fraudulently claims to create the stealth genre. People in the west believe him and every single time that is mentioned in Japan, an onslaught of quips and memes come out saying Kojima is a liar and a westaboo hack.

This isn't new. Western fans are enabling him to do this shit

he literally invented pissing simulator genre absolutely amazing if you can shit it is 10/10

why does the bamboo stick need to be locked again?

oh yeah to manipulate your dumb ass

So either you pick it up day 1 and rush through it or you don't get to experience it?
Genius!
I won't be picking this up then.

Attached: Noby Noby Boy.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

He's always been a hack. Metal Gear Solid is a conjob, and "hardcore gamers", being the gullible faggots they are, fell for it.

Most games have achieved this progression without being a wanky drag, and all while being complete on a single disk and being enjoyable. Even "bamboo" and "ropes" is such a wanky nonsense way of engaging in pop philosophy. Everyone is unironically getting excited for Inception the video game.

Why doesn't someone tweet at him and ask what the difference is between this and an MMO?

what about singleplayer? no bamboos?

based

He's delusional. He isn't "inventing" ANYTHING.

no its not that you idiot, its a shared inventory, clearly shown in game. The more people donate items at certain bases makes your journey easier. This makes reaching remote bases first is harder.

So close to release, always online not advertised for so long would be the nail in the coffin

But why not ask him and see what he says?

>pick the game up a month after launch
>equip anything you want right away

I'm pretty sure Peter Molymeme designed an entire stupid shitty game around the community opening boxes.
A zoomer who "played" it for 15 minutes because it was a free app won the game and it was fucking hilarious because he didn't care about the jerkoff reward Molyneux offered and the autists who had been unpacking crates for a long time beforehand got cucked out of any sense of gratification.
The game that box unpacking simulator was supposed to be hyping up never came out I don't think?