If this isn't a mech in vidya thread, I don't know what is!

If this isn't a mech in vidya thread, I don't know what is!

Attached: Timberwolf.jpg (1920x1200, 303K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rlopshCX7_k
youtube.com/watch?v=7rLR4McpjHs
youtube.com/watch?v=CeC7_d9eRoc
youtube.com/watch?v=_6UwLGkjBz8
reddit.com/r/Hawken/comments/9kuzui/hawken_private_server_pc/
youtu.be/rfzgOgQIzko?t=115
youtube.com/watch?v=XEt3YGZOd2E
youtube.com/watch?v=4W9CeS0YunI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Muv-Luv TPS never

Attached: Shirogane_Takeru.jpg (1958x1382, 353K)

Why do mech games always die? Armored Core is dead, Titanfall is dead, all the games I love dies. It hurts.

Normals can't handle the steel

Attached: DuhhvT-U0AEqKem.jpg (1200x708, 199K)

Btw how is Metal Wolf Chaos? Is it worth money on PC?

I want to know as well.

Reviews on Steam claim it's locked at 30 fps and is extremely buggy.

This.

/m/ please leave

no

Attached: 8914d46f916e9f7dec0dbff4c9a1cdc9.jpg (413x800, 79K)

Never.

Attached: av-98 ingram.jpg (600x796, 64K)

>mecha
>is just a giant armor using swords and guns like a human being
Why this retarded design choice is so popular? Mechs based on animals or existing mechs are much more creative.

Attached: 092.jpg (1200x1663, 247K)

My vote goes to Hawken for breast mech game. Not only was the gameplay fantastic, but the audio/visual design totally sold the idea of being in bipedal tank. And it did it without slowing the gameplay to a crawl like other games.

Get a load of this, /m/fags.

Attached: 098.jpg (1200x1663, 307K)

I will never forgive them for killing it on PC

I'm just gonna chime in to say I wish Mechwarrior Online didn't turn out to be so shit.

Titanfall is not mecha

Divisive and Niche.

t. dev

Attached: titanfail.jpg (985x963, 335K)

youtube.com/watch?v=rlopshCX7_k

>Titanfall is not mecha
>you control a giant bipedal mech
>isn't mecha
Fucking /m/fags.

Attached: 105.jpg (1200x1663, 240K)

We all wish that user.

Attached: hug.png (746x512, 98K)

its like a kv-2, but worse

Don't post vaporware.

Attached: 1431720625855.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

Been playing Front Mission Evolved and even though it's not like the old games it's still a fun game. I don't know if I can get into Armored Core because that's a lot of technical shit even if it's good.

THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS IT, AND WHAT THE FUCK ARE MECHS?

This but MW5.
Btw did you know there used to be a MWO precursor known as Multiplayer Battletech.
You can see the Solaris and 3025 versions in action here.
youtube.com/watch?v=7rLR4McpjHs
youtube.com/watch?v=CeC7_d9eRoc

Attached: multiplayer-battletech-3025-395ddba1-07d4-40bf-be01-234bd98fbe7-resize-750.jpg (750x563, 60K)

It's actually inspired by the Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte, scrapped kraut idea for obvious reasons.

Attached: tank-ratte-painting.jpg (645x591, 118K)

Attached: adjudicator.jpg (444x296, 40K)

> Still have HAWKEN installed on my PC
> Can't actually do anything with it because the first screen is a login and the servers are long gone
> Can't bring myself to uninstall it

I miss it, bros

youtube.com/watch?v=_6UwLGkjBz8

Attached: 053560[1].jpg (1138x640, 112K)

Don't, might have some value if there ever comes a time to reverse engineer the servers for PC

TSF Forefront doesn't exist anymore. The dream is dead.

Attached: Captain Isumi.png (1024x596, 859K)

It has a few audio quirks, but that's about it. The 30 FPS lock is a bit annoying, but I can live with it.

KB&M controls suck ass, though. Use a controller.

It's doubtful since we wouldn't have packet logs from client to server and back, but you make a good point anyway. I'll keep it installed and make a backup as well.

You never know.

Psst, hey: reddit.com/r/Hawken/comments/9kuzui/hawken_private_server_pc/

But how many people actually play it?

There's a discord server linked in there and I think people get together games now and then. It's worth joining at least if you really want to play Hawken again.

>reddit
Besides that does it work?

Yup, it works and there's a discord server and people play. It's the kind of thing where people have to organize to play since not enough people are playing constantly, but it's better than nothing.

>fucking /m/fags
Wrong /k/fag, it was straight from the devs mouth

because japs and weebs have the absolute shittest of tastes.

tankfags are too dumb to appreciate the deep symbolism of the humanoid mecha

not mecha, stop using our threads to shill your call of duty reskin

>tankfags
western mechs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jap upscaled men in armour

Then what is mecha?

Does anyone remember a ps1 mecha fighting arena game? I used to play versus with my brother. I remember a slow-ass green tank-type mecha.

Attached: 1310510327755.jpg (720x480, 49K)

Because western mecha is a tool, a thing that a pilot sit in and controls like a conventional military vehicle. This is why western mecha is big and bulky.

Eastern mecha is more like a suit that a pilot wears. It's not a vehicle he inhabits so much as an extension of his own body. This is why all of the Jap stuff is basically giant robot samurai with clearly defined humanoid bodies and giant swords and shit.

For the record I prefer western mecha (I love me some big stompy robots), but I can appreciate both, and I like games like the Front Mission series that do their best to blend both styles (Wanzers have humanoid designs, but they are enormous and stompy, however they can dash and be fairly agile when needed).

Attached: q88WZXg[1].jpg (854x467, 35K)

What comes to mind is Armored Core Master of Arena but it's probably something else.

>posting on a japanese-styled imageboard

>Wanzers have humanoid designs, but they are enormous and stompy, however they can dash and be fairly agile when needed).
This is more retarded than standard jap mecha. If you're going to have them skate around and ignore physics just make them humanoid mecha.

>Eastern mecha is more like a suit that a pilot wears
Mostly wrong. All the popular Japanese mecha have cockpits and controls. They just ignore that it can move around and articulate like a human with only pedals and joysticks. Sci-fi can get away with that shit though.

Oh yeah? What you gonna do if i don't huh?

Attached: 7db4e99dgw1f56hgqcpgqj20gp0p07el.jpg (601x900, 206K)

The western bulky mecha were directly inspired by eastern mecha in the first place, though. The truth is that the east popularised the genre and it has always been far bigger there, so historically it has had the most of pretty much every genre. Battletech for example originally started by straight up taking its roster of mecha from various anime.

I wish gravity was a little less punishing so we could have shit like this.

>They just ignore that it can move around and articulate like a human with only pedals and joystick
exactly the problem. It behaves like a suit of armour instead of something being controlled with pedals and joysticks.

FUCK gravity

Attached: 0083.png (640x400, 28K)

Yeah, which is a problem if you let it be. Doesn't really bother me. It's all science fiction. Nothing in it would work so may as well just go for it.

SIEG

The usual explanation is that the pilots are not directly controlling individual limb movement most of the time. They're doing something similar to how videogames work, you hold forward for example without worrying about the specific placement of the legs and the machine itself figures out the details. The weakest pilots are only using these basic macros to get around and do stuff, while the best pilots can make minor modifications to their actions on the fly, and have come up with their own complicated macros and more detailed understanding of the movements and timings to make it more effective.

ZEON

Attached: AHEM.jpg (500x283, 30K)

fictionalized settings still need rules and be within the realm of plausibility for suspension of disbelief

GIVE ME RECOMMENDATIONS!

Over my dead body

And they usually have them. The controls of the mechs just don't really factor into that. Gundam for example has a whole bunch of rules in how shit works that makes it all seem pretty realistic, but they are still sword fighting with joysticks.

>tankfag
Of course.

Mechwarrior 3
Mechwarrior 4
Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries
Mech Commander Gold
Mech Commander 2

Zeonic front
War of the Monsters
HARDCORE MECHA
Mechwarrior Living legends
Zone of the Enders 2nd runner
Iron Brigade
into the breach
Robot Alchemic Drive and EDF

Attached: Zeonic_Front.jpg (1600x1074, 616K)

>don't talk to me or my son ever again

Why'd they feel the need to dig up Front Mission's corpse just to shoot it again?

Attached: leftalive.jpg (1920x1080, 427K)

Because the entire advantage of a mech is that it is natural to control to the operator.
Also I don't care if those are "more creative" they look like ass.

Attached: 1551310010975.png (406x302, 120K)

The Imperium has the best mechs in the galaxy.

Attached: Reavers.png (851x597, 1M)

Macross game by Project Aces when?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Imagine the shit we could have if it tugged a little less. Just imagine Zeppelin battleships. Those would be cool as fuck.

>Zeonic front
>Just a walking simulator that you need to press the trigger sometime
Fucking meme

Attached: Titan MK. 1.jpg (2560x1920, 769K)

Imagine what I could have had if I tugged a little less.

Attached: 1492694092522.jpg (854x479, 46K)

>GDI
Disgusting

Just like Rainbow Six

Always love how they are described in the Horus Heresy novels. Sometimes they really nail the weight and scale of these things.

My Macrossbro you need to download the SegaAM2 Macross game on PS2 right NOW.
youtu.be/rfzgOgQIzko?t=115
It's pretty much what you want. It's made by the excellent AM2 staff at Sega and has fantastic flight physics in fighter mode. You'll love it.

Attached: Max VS Milia.webm (640x480, 2.85M)

GDI is best.

It's a strategy game m8. You don't even have to control it, you can chart the course and let the suits move themselves if you want.

Was that Platinum Transformers game any good? I liked War and Fall of Cybertron.

This game was better than it had any right to be.

Attached: Battlecry.jpg (600x845, 119K)

Mechs and turn based tactics are the best combination. Front mission is amazing, and that recent Battletech game is pretty good as well. It's the perfect way to take advantage of customisation. Dunno why it's not more popular.

I think Phantom Brigade is going to do a simultaneous turn kind of deal which will be cool.

And they will probably put the final nail in the coffin for mechwarrior with 5

Attached: Metal Gear Rex.jpg (582x333, 36K)

Attached: RAY.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Attached: Ardjet.jpg (2000x3143, 539K)

Battletech is fun but I'm getting real sick and tired of fighting 8-12 mechs per map with my 4 guys

Those games are fine and all, but the real dream of any mecha fan is to pilot actual mecha, or simulate that experience as closely as possible. Strategising with them just doesn't tap into that same level of excitement.

Remember that the can of worms that is Mechwarrior Online also started out as Mechwarrior 5.

Yes indeed.

Directly controlling a mech while also commanding a squad would be ideal, like a mecha version of Mount & Blade

Attached: Vic Viper.jpg (1400x1600, 594K)

front mission evolved is utter garbage, and flat out killed the series.

>Mecha M&B
Holy shit, why does this not exist. It's the perfect format. I mean I guess it kind of does with the Mechwarrior Mercenaries games. But could definitely be expanded.

Luckily they tried to revive it with a 3rd person survival shooter again recently. Clearly the best choice of game for the Front Mission universe.

I just want to relive MW4 mercs, it was a small community but man was the online a blast

Epic Exclusive

stfu faggot.

What about the Hildolfr?

Attached: ex-model-1-144-ymt-05-hildolfr-00.jpg (740x740, 59K)

Or the gunhed?

Attached: eefd78420568ca66deb07aae39147b97.jpg (600x525, 48K)

Is that the Mega size or the perfect grade?

I want zoids

i really liked battletech but im very disappointed it never got a Enemy Within-tier expansion

Attached: BT01.jpg (1920x1080, 611K)

>turret has turrets on it

oh top of being a bullet sponge this thing was so goddamn stupid

Attached: 1540252328590.jpg (400x800, 246K)

When will we get a Starship Troopers game with power armors and mechs?

Attached: Starship Troopers Anime.webm (640x480, 2.11M)

Never ever.

EDF is the closest you're going to get it.

What a sad world in which we live.

Attached: STI drop.webm (854x480, 2.68M)

Punished Rico is great.

HellDivers my man

based Starsiege

2 weeks and 5 days until Daemon X Machina

Attached: 1546663552542.png (418x296, 333K)

>no 40K mech game with tau v imperium v elder v orks for total asymmetrical gameplay

On one hand I'm excited for a new Armored Core-ish game, even has Kawamori doing the designs, but the gameplay and customization looks so shallow compared to AC.

Attached: 43693618_p0.jpg (850x1200, 462K)

Hell, in-universe in Universal Century, test pilots are the scariest motherfuckers out there because it is literally their job to make new and better macros, so chances are they can do way more shit than you, an average grunt, can do.

I remember in Seed it was all about the OS the Gundam was using. With just the basic one, all he could do was make it walk around.

>Playing Armored Core 3 first time on emulator
>Do a mission where I defend a bridge
>Later on I have to set charges on the same bridge

AnCap bby

>you will never play a Macross MMO where your entire guild Folds into battle to take over a planet
the worst timeline

Attached: Isamu and SMS.webm (640x480, 1.52M)

I love the merc shit, but of the AC games that I've played they always end up railroading you into a more standard good-guy plot by the end.
It's a shame.

The gameplay is good, though. It becomes much more fun when you start getting good.

>Eastern mecha is more like a suit that a pilot wears.
No. For the battletech universe it's cannon that mechwarriors consider their mechs to be big suits of armor because of the neurohelmet.

Play 4 Answer, and get all three endings.

Nah. All 40k shit is just about being EPIC AS FUCKING POSSIBLE to the detriment of everything else.

HAHA POSTING TITANFALL.

Attached: 5059EF53-BAFC-4269-ADCB-B8B528CA0793.jpg (1600x900, 203K)

That's basically a standard across all of them, reprogramming on the fly was one of the few things SEED did right.

But user you'll attract shitposters.

Funny you mention Battletech since most of those mechs are stolen from Japanese anime.

Attached: IMG_3635.JPG.5c949e1f03274282765d277e067da2bd.jpg (1000x1600, 183K)

OOPS.

Attached: 09788FC1-308A-4EC8-9E7B-0469672954FC.png (760x1000, 627K)

>stolen
i thought they were licensed?

You fucks always bitch and complain why mech stuff is dead but every time you ever start a thread it just devolves into
>MUH SHITTY BATTLETECH
>MUH ANIME TEEN DRAMA INSIDE A ROBOT
with the occasional sad Titanfall poster clinging on for dear life. This is why we can’t have nice things.

Don't forget the seething tankfags

I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope it does well so we can get more games like it. I'm also not expecting it to be as deep as Armored Core, but hopefully still fun.

Ah yes, how could I forget. The asshurt eclipses that of even the entire nation of Poland.

Attached: retard_pancake.webm (958x720, 2.86M)

Improperly licensed. The company that licensed the designs didn't have the right to and even then they were only allowed to use the ARTWORK not the actual designs themselves.

Attached: Ad0mnct.png (715x658, 232K)

How hard would it be to make a good Starship Troopers game? You've got a book and four movies to draw inspiration from.

Give me a mix of tunnel clearing, walking around in mechsuits fucking up BIG BUGS that have BIG GUTS, base defense sections where you fend off enormous swarms of bugs long enough for your rescue to arrive, dodging bug plasma during orbital drops, and bitingly satirical political commentary espousing the glorious benefits of a fascist military state that spends as much time pumping out propaganda as it does training its soldiers.

Attached: 0ps382nb51021[1].jpg (936x1404, 642K)

Dude, everyone hates teens aside from Amuro Ray and Kamille Bidan in anime. It's just tolerated because they're the only ones doing the higher-speed shit.

You mean Titanfall is not dead :^)
it really isn't dead tho, i find games in under a minute and have lotsa fun

Attached: 6463583421.jpg (736x1283, 157K)

It’s such a shame that mechs will never be a viable alternative to tanks IRL.

All I want is /tfg/ again.

Attached: D09F9759-4479-4AC7-9881-8DAC550113E8.jpg (932x813, 280K)

Anything I like is mecha. Anything I don't like isn't mecha.

Don't we all?

Attached: viper_did_911.png (544x400, 318K)

>as much time pumping out propaganda as it does training its soldiers.

Should be more time, that way you have an excuse to make the player's squad mildly incompetent, with the eventual twist being that the bugs are just as stupid in their own way.

Reminder that Fortnite is helping to keep mechs alive

I thought zoomers hated mecha.

they do, which is why they complain about the mechs and want them removed

MW5 is going to be absolute shit and bury the series forever, isn't it?

Epic Store Exclusive thanks to the Unreal Engine.

Based epic only making shit-tier combiners and slow biped tanks, keeping the plebs out of the real stuff.

Being Unreal engine doesn't make things epic store exclusives. Either way, I don't care since I'm talking about the game itself not which launcher I have to use.

They recently had Megazord fight off a giant monster during the season 9 event, and they have had the BRUTE Mechs in game since Season X started
Only streamer fags and redditors are crying over mechs since it can counter cuckbuilding and forces them to actually play instead of the same boring stagnant shit they always beg for.

Attached: dims.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

This looks fun as fuck, what is this?

Im just sad battletech/mechwarrior will never get a good game again, Battletech by HBS was alright, but was marred by SJW shit and terrible mission design.

Vaporware.

Nevermind, I actually read the thread.

Is this actually a thing or was it cancelled?

When we all ascend into robot bodies, anything will be possible.

It had a good run atlease. Compare that to a lesser mech series.

its an epic exclusive because pgi is fucking shit and knew that they needed the money from that epic deal to stay afloat long enough to even release a barebones minimum viable product

i expect the studio will shut its doors before the exclusivity deal ends

Armored Core 4 For Answer and any of the previous installments.

If you have a switch Daemon X Machina is coming out and that looks pretty good

Why didn't the pig just use scamstarter then?

because they aren't willingly malevolent, they're just a bad studio who don't know how to finish a game on time. This is a game that is running 2 years late after all.

V and VD are fun too, but the 3 damage types system is horrendously busted and you can cheese almost any mission.

Shit, I saw that movie on TV when I was a kid. Don't remember a damn thing about it since I was but a young autist at the time, but I think I thought it was cool

I dunno, MWO was pretty aggressively bad. And the deal with MWLL didn’t make them look like nice dudes either

Was a fan-made Muv Luv game, guy lost interest and just quit. It was our only shot at an actual Muv Luv action game, all that exists now is gachashit which itself was shut down and the strategy games that were on some of the fandiscs.

Attached: F-22_Raptor_1328223176426.png (1024x600, 600K)

>lose interest
>don't bother to release anything
fuck that

>Order AC: Nexus
>Comes in the mail
>Only has one disc
>The disc that's full of old missions

the only bad thing about MWO is the extremely aggressive freemium bullshit. MW5 is a singleplayer game so theoretically it won't have the same garbage. The actual mech combat in MWO is pretty good, which is the only thing the singleplayer game needs.

Armored Core except for 2 and AA

>That mission in 1 where instead of giving employees a raise they send you in to kill them

>Call some kid out for having a girl's name
>He punches you in the face, kills all your friends, kills everyone you ever cared about, overthrows your oppressive Earth regime, and kills you in the most offhand way possible
>You weren't even his rival because you never stood a chance anyway
Virgin Jerid eternally BTFO

Attached: 1494904975225.jpg (227x225, 4K)

To think it all happened because he said Kamiyu had a girl's name

I love the Bushwacker!

Attached: Bushwacker1.gif (288x298, 36K)

PCfags ready to get actual good gundam game?

Attached: SD-Gundam-G-Generation-Cross-Rays_2019_01-29-19_136.jpg (1920x1080, 711K)

By most you mean like 3 and by stolen you mean like 20 years ago. They also changed the designs a long time ago.

Literally EDF.

No, it'll probably sell well enough and we'll keep getting mediocre mechwarrior games for the next decade.

Attached: MW5 EGS AMA screencap.jpg (2466x2340, 794K)

Yea Forums can't into videogames.
I mean after PC port of 5 there were literally daily threads about it and that user still missed it.
therefore Yea Forums are fucking retards. Including those in edf threads, I never was more amazed by sheer idiocity

Attached: image.png (442x413, 223K)

>Yea Forums can't into videogames
No thread shows this more clearly than fighting game threads on this place

Oh shit, you aren't kidding. I thought the awful Breaker game was all we were ever going to get.
What is this series, is it actually decent?

I know about EDF, I'm talking a licensed game.

EDF proves that gamers are willing to put up with sub par graphics if it means the game engine can throw a thousand ants onto the screen at any given time, which gives me hope for a ST game with huge bug swarms.

You're more than welcome to leave this board at any time.

The fact that they had to be bribed by Epic is proof it DIDN'T sell well enough, and now it's going to sell even worse because probably over half the pre-orders refunded.

Tell me more, troubadour.

Oh I see, you want everything to be exactly like the unrealistic idea in your mind despite EDF being almost word for word what you said you want.

That's what I was saying. The game will make enough money for them to keep limping along with completely mediocre mech games that no one is aware of except for the boomers who played it as kids and simdads.

>I want a game about the military taking on giant bugs with a ridiculous campy atmosphere
>But EDF isn't what I'm looking for

It's pretty simplistic SRPG, aka grid turn based game where you watch flashy attacks to go off.
It's only decent from gameplay standpoint but it's great fanservice series.
So it's not great game, don't expect anything mindblowing, but with right expectations you'll have decent amount of fun with it.
SD Gundam G Generation CrossRays
trailer - youtube.com/watch?v=XEt3YGZOd2E
gameplay - youtube.com/watch?v=4W9CeS0YunI
Aka see above.
It's collection of nonUC stories where you play stages from those stories' moments. No coherent like SRW story. (SRW V gets PC port later too btw)
It's not getting western release tho, may be region locked on steam or something.

If you want to get a feel for gameplay - try SD Gundam G Generation Overworld for PSP which has been fully fantranslated.

Attached: file.png (947x539, 950K)

>It's not getting western release tho
Well gay

>You're more than welcome to leave this board at any time.
I already did, just rarely look at catalogue for actual mecha threads which still half decent. But seems like with you here that's hardly the case.

Attached: HbIvUbc.jpg (1024x768, 135K)

I'll take weird asia english loophole any day instead of wishing for convienent western releases.
Cause asia english means actually having games in english period, with zero hassle licenses wise.
While before all we had was 65%

Attached: 3108.jpg (600x449, 43K)

EDF fits the theme fairly well, I agree.

But you're not shooting BUUUUUUUUGS on some godforsaken desert rock while the Klendathu Drop soundtrack blares out all around you as you desperately try to stay alive long enough for the troop transport to touch down.

Was I the only one that really enjoyed Iron Blooded Orhpans? I see a lot of hate for it.

Ah shit, nonUC Gundam only? That's me out...
I'll keep an eye out for Super Robot Wars though.

>But you're not shooting BUUUUUUUUGS on some godforsaken desert rock while the Klendathu Drop soundtrack blares out all around you as you desperately try to stay alive long enough for the troop transport to touch down.
You haven't actually played the game, then. Plenty of missions are like that.

>He thinks EDF is easy

God chink language is so fucking painful to hear.

I honestly never finished watching first season, but I love IBO for it's designs.
It has pretty good range of stuff, and no beam bullshit too.
nonUC is because previous G Gen had only UC.
I bet next game they gotta mix them all again and reuse all that content with some new as usual.
SRW V is pretty good honestly, I liked what I played, but I don't have much frame of reference when it comes to mainline SRW games.
fuck cross ange tho.

Attached: file.png (378x472, 275K)

>2 weeks and 5 days
Oh shit that close? Nice

It had one beam bullshit in season 2, so that at least felt crazy powerful. I do love beams in Gundam though. They always make the impacts look so good.

Mega

What part of that guy wanting a Starship Troopers game to actually have Starship Troopers in it is escaping you, user?

That's like being confused that a Babylon Five fan still wants a Babylon 5 game even though Star Trek games exist.

Answer me this: Why didn't you buy Left Alive? (You) are the reason mech games are dead AND stay dead. You had your chance. Now don't complain about the future you chose

Because it's literally everything he's saying he wants but because the name isn't titled Starship Troopers it's not good enough.

Wasn't this really bad?

nyes it was horrible

Yeah, remember seeing that part elsewhere. I think that beam suit also in the game too.
I don't mind beams much, but it's nice to have change of pace. Ballistic weaponry gives way more interesting designs I think
Because it didn't look like a good game?
It has like 2-3 mechs types period. They controlled like ass, even Evolved was better at that. Yanase Takayuki is my man when it comes to mecha designs, but I'm not gonna buy whole game purely cause of them.
Ilinx (LA devs) should fight tooth and nail to get them Breaker series back cause they had good thing going for three Gundam Breaker games.

I'm buying LE of Daemon x Machina instead, also various bamco games on regular basis. Buying mech game cause it's a mech game is retarded, you may as well go buy some indie crap.

Attached: 513.jpg (1152x1111, 294K)

this design doesnt make anysense.

would you consider xenoblade chronicles x a mecha game?

it obviously is one.
First mecha jRPG since MS Saga.
Now waiting for another decade for another mecha jRPG.

Attached: 1430429250655.gif (400x420, 1.93M)

>ctrl + f
>iron harvest
>0 results found
am i the only one here still looking forward to it?

Attached: who.jpg (980x1400, 250K)

what the point talking about crowdfunded yet to release game?
If it'll be out and be good - then we'll talk. Now it's just hopes and dreams with base framework of a game as far I know.

Nu-highlander a best

tfw no tomboy gf

Attached: highlander-blackstone-highlanders_by-ironhawk.jpg (549x807, 462K)

not mecha

Left Alive had so much potential as a concept. Being a lowly human on the ground in a world where war is fought with colossal 50 foot tall giant stompy robots should have been a new and interesting gameplay experience, but instead we got a turd.

god timberwolf is so aesthetic

why even bother giving that thing arms? why not just additional guns. are better yet why not just use a tank at that point, you're just presenting a higher target profile with a lack of frontal armor to boot.

so it can use highly common weapons in universe where humanoid suits are prevalent and have cariety of arsenal to use via two hands.

This. Why bother trying to standardize mounting points across dozens of manufacturers or models of mechs when you can just assume they all have hands and build your weapons accordingly.

so why not just actual modular weapon systems then? or even then just design a slot for the actual common weapons. arms literally make no sense for that thing.

Attached: CaMEL.jpg (640x480, 118K)

>Why bother trying to standardize mounting points across dozens of manufacturers or models of mechs when you can just assume they all have hands and build your weapons accordingly.
giving all your vehicles arms is the literal definition of standardization it doesn't even make sense from a maintenance point of view. that shit is gonna fail so much in actual battlefield situations

what the point of modular weapon system when making hands is cheaper?
This is universe where it's outright easy to mass produce gigantic humanoid vehicles.
Developing modular weapon system is just pointless. Especially for proof of the concept artilerry vehicle.
>actual battlefield situations
As much as I love ZZ OP, this is anime, user.
Not a real life

You used your arms to type that, faggot, and I used mine to reply. Arms are useful

Anyone play mechwarrior online? Sit good?

>what the point of modular weapon system when making hands is cheaper?
it literally isn't a mounting point is just gonna be a hole, a platform and a firing mechanism. you need digits and a lot of actuators to get that hand moving not to mention the maintenance alone is gonna make that thing a nightmare

>Realismfags
>Tankfags
Get out

And you need a new gun which must fit in that hole
And new reloading mechanism,
And whole a lot of other things in a world where weapons standarized for giant hands instead.
You are being dumb, user.

Except that every single manufacturer would have their own mountings and couplings in different sizes and formats because of course they would.

We live in a world where there are 15 different standards for the simplest electrical outlet, can you imagine how batshit goofy it would be for giant mech joints?

Attached: all-outlets[1].jpg (2240x1260, 268K)

Mecha quite often drop and swap between weapons on the fly. That's one thing that would likely be easier with a hand or hand-like appendage.

>And you need a new gun which must fit in that hole
no yo dont heres a talon drone with a bog standard machine gun
>And new reloading mechanism,
what is an ammo box?

>Except that every single manufacturer would have their own mountings and couplings in different sizes and formats because of course they would.
unless they fucking standardize the mount like what they did with NATO ammo. not criticizing mechs just the Hildolfr design in general

fuck me heres the drone

Attached: Screenshot2_1.jpg (691x448, 59K)

So you need to develop ammo box, then who gonna replace or refill that ammo box? What mechanism or staff will be needed there?
>bog standard
what standard?
are you talking about vulkans? 60mm Vulkans usually embedded in gundams, sure. In top of the line Federation suit at that point in time and top suit in whole universe.
Zaku were equipped with 120mm machine guns, already twice the size of vulkans of most technologically advanced suit.
So you had options something either on par with 60mm or worse to be embedded into Hildolfr. Or add hands to utilize commonly avaiable 120mm machine gun.
Choice is obvious
And what that drone has to do with UC gundam universe?
You are just being retarded for no reason?

The virgin Hildolfr vs THE EXTRA THICC XAMEL

Attached: YMS-16M_-_Xamel.jpg (2662x2823, 2.15M)

>So you need to develop ammo box, then who gonna replace or refill that ammo box? What mechanism or staff will be needed there?
user an ammo box is just that a box, no need for anything special no need for manual reloading of magazines.
>And what that drone has to do with UC gundam universe?
I just retorted about the fact that you said you had to develop new weapons. you could fucking USE the zaku's machine gun WITHOUT fucking arms. the Hildolfr looks like a stable platform you DO NOT NEED arms on that thing to mount something bigger

You avoiding the question about who and what is gonna refill that ammo box. You can't use commonly avaiable ammo drums after all, you need to either being able to swap that ammo box or refill it somehow else.
Instead of using common issues ammo drum magazins zaku has.
Let's say it's possible to mount zaku machine guns on a hildolfr as platofrm. So that would make them stantionary thing which an fire in one direction at best.
With hands you get full freedom of aim. With fraction of the additional cost cause fucking everything has hands in gundam universe.

Man you realist fags are retarded.

There were very little actual fights until the end of the show. It was more random space opera than a mecha show.

Why don't realismfags ever play AC?

cause they hate fun

> Just found my old Hawken shitposting folder

Attached: 1400321533662.jpg (286x429, 50K)

Attached: 1400350865351.jpg (436x298, 202K)

Is Hawken any good?

>You avoiding the question about who and what is gonna refill that ammo box. You can't use commonly avaiable ammo drums after all, you need to either being able to swap that ammo box or refill it somehow else.
no one needs to refill that ammo box if you already fill it with say 1500-3000 rounds of ammo instead of bothering with giant magazines
>Let's say it's possible to mount zaku machine guns on a hildolfr as platofrm
it IS look at how much space is wasted on that thing.
>So that would make them stantionary thing which an fire in one direction at best.
the Hildolfr has a coaxial turret by the looks of it no need to fire in just 1 direction

>Man you realist fags are retarded.
not saying arms are retarded it's just very retarded on the Hildolfr. if you're gonna waste time on turning a tank into a half assed gundam might as well turn it into a very good tank instead to quote from the hildolfrs own page >"the Hildolfr can use the arms to adequately wield MS weapons such as a Zaku-type machine guns. The Hildolfr can still use its main cannon, however, because of the placement of the armature locks, it can no longer be braced, thus it risks being keeled over by each shot."
see how dumb that is?

Attached: plx93155_0.jpg (699x459, 45K)

It was a blast, but I played the PC version and it was shut down back in 2017 so the new developer could concentrate on the PS4 and Xbone ports.

I haven't played it on consoles so I don't know if they made any major changes or not. I think it's still F2P though, so you could always give it a shot.

they nerfed the mechs following some streamer rage quitting midway a 400k prize tournament, now it's barely useful and people still complain about it.

it kinda pissed me off desu

Attached: Lafter not laughing.webm (720x404, 1.1M)

good. mecha is a weightless piece of shit anyway

>I have never played AC or read Bokurano: The Post

you bet your ass I didn't
they look like wind is their weakness

Please refrain from posting in this thread, it's embarrassing when to read your posts because you don't understand mecha
Play AC and read Bokurano

So far the only gundam I have seen and I loved it. I know ots very different

Oh man, I forgot about this part. Everyone fucking died and no one really succeeded. Even candyman.

>no one needs to refill that ammo box if you already fill it with say 1500-3000 rounds of ammo instead of bothering with giant magazines
More than thousand of 120mm rounds? Increasing load to such degree for what reason again?
And who and when going to refill those rounds in battlefield conditions?
>the Hildolfr has a coaxial turret by the looks of it no need to fire in just 1 direction
It's for long range attacks, machine guns are close range defense. Limiting effectional range of defense is dumb thing.

>not saying arms are retarded it's just very retarded on the Hildolfr.
Why can't you get thru your numb skull that arms are fucking cheap as fuck tech in gundam universe.
That's why they make more sense than creating fucking mount with deathtrap of few hundred of explosive rounds somewhere near - just to save few bux on arms for no reason.
>if you're gonna waste time on turning a tank into a half assed gundam might as well turn it into a very good tank instead to quote from the hildolfrs own page
guntank called.
>see how dumb that is?
What is dumb? That using artillery gun platform for close range fights is dumb and last resort? Yes, it is, and?

probably gonna be worth a pirate at least.

Attached: 1403186379464.jpg (448x458, 172K)

Can thhey fly in AC? I hate the flying ones

They don't have to fly if you don't want it to.
Just play AC, the best one is either Silent Line or Nexus

Post your mechfu

Attached: TYPE_94.png (1156x1820, 224K)

>More than thousand of 120mm rounds? Increasing load to such degree for what reason again?
and how many mags can the hildolfr carry?
>And who and when going to refill those rounds in battlefield conditions?
wasn't aware that magazines magically appear when you run out during combat
>That's why they make more sense than creating fucking mount with deathtrap of few hundred of explosive rounds somewhere near - just to save few bux on arms for no reason.
nigger the Hildolfr has a 30cm main gun where the fuck do you think the ammo is stored?
What is dumb? That using artillery gun platform for close range fights is dumb and last resort? Yes, it is, and?
88mm's called,arms aren't actually dumb on other gundams it's just dumb on the Hildolfr

Being fair, the guntank is pretty shitty, even by todays standards. The assault guntank is pretty decent, though.

Hate gundam but always thought the Rafflesia looks cool

Attached: rafflesia.jpg (400x335, 48K)

not really my style but thanks for trying user

Attached: yeahh.jpg (1000x750, 67K)

AC is literally better than Mechwarrior, are you not playing it because it's Japanese?

>and how many mags can the hildolfr carry?
don't remember but I bet no more than couple
>wasn't aware that magazines magically appear when you run out during combat
What's easier to do, refill special box with rounds one by one or grab some magazines if you are near friendlies or near their wrekages? Especially considering federation also uses zaku and their machineguns.
>nigger the Hildolfr has a 30cm main gun where the fuck do you think the ammo is stored?
what's better one deathtrap in the back or three deathtraps one in the back and two on the sides.
What is easier to defend? Or just be aware of in the fight?
>it's just dumb on the Hildolfr
I still waiting to see any other reason aside of your shitty realistic aesthetic taste. Hildolfr never was massproduced and left as experimental vehicle. But arms were the least of it's problems

I didn't play mechwarrior either I just got no other place to talk about titanfall since the general will never get back to life

Attached: wait.jpg (318x313, 13K)

>What's easier to do, refill special box with rounds one by one or grab some magazines if you are near friendlies or near their wrekages? Especially considering federation also uses zaku and their machineguns.
that only works if you're on a fucking zaku or gundam. why would a fucking artillery unit be on the front lines anyway?
>what's better one deathtrap in the back or three deathtraps one in the back and two on the sides.
What is easier to defend? Or just be aware of in the fight?
that's what armor is for nigger, make your ammo supply internal and use the Hildolfrs huge size actually mean something
>I still waiting to see any other reason aside of your shitty realistic aesthetic taste
it's not an aesthetic taste it's a dumb on what's supposed to be a super heavy artillery piece
>Hildolfr never was massproduced and left as experimental vehicle. But arms were the least of it's problems
that's the only good reason for it's retarded design. it was a prototype

any and all Doms

Attached: 552.gif (500x500, 231K)

what about zakus?

2d pixelshit mech games need love too.

Attached: gigantic army gameplay.webm (640x480, 2.99M)

Gundam designs are dogshit

>that only works if you're on a fucking zaku or gundam. why would a fucking artillery unit be on the front lines anyway?
so artillery never can be flanked or engaged into a fight? It's mobile artillery platform meaning it can relocate on it's own will.
therefore it has self defense weaponry in case of direct fight engagement.
>that's what armor is for nigger, make your ammo supply internal and use the Hildolfrs huge size actually mean something
Do you have german tank designers in your bloodline? Cause "just slap some armor on it" is hilarious answer where you can be killed with one shot of a beam rifle.
Maybe before engaging with argument you try to familiriaze yourself a bit with universe before making a fool of yourself.
>it's not an aesthetic taste it's a dumb on what's supposed to be a super heavy artillery piece
so I still waiting for some other argument aside of yelling "it's dumb" all the time. Do you have any?
Also if you could notice the tracks, it's very agile mobile artillery piece, as mentioned above - if it used for deep operations it can easily be discovered and engaged in fight.

So far there were numerous reasons listed for advantages for arms in case of gundam universe.
Your only reason against it was "it's dumb".
Hilarious.

I loved it solely for the Donut Steel Max/Miriya fight

to all realism fags

Attached: Mecha.jpg (640x1442, 112K)

>son
>different skin color
oh no nonono

Attached: 1449206464791.jpg (1000x760, 377K)

It's gotta be Jehuty for me.

Attached: 1535761258025.jpg (3840x2160, 1.8M)

Fuck off, the person who said that already took it back because in his mind, the term mecha had been different and he didn't realize that it was general.

Attached: BT statue.jpg (768x1024, 216K)

>so artillery never can be flanked or engaged into a fight? It's mobile artillery platform meaning it can relocate on it's own will.
therefore it has self defense weaponry in case of direct fight engagement.
yes, that's what ccw coaxial weapons are for
>Do you have german tank designers in your bloodline? Cause "just slap some armor on it" is hilarious answer where you can be killed with one shot of a beam rifle.
not saying slap armor on it I was retorting to your saying that ammo boxes are deathtraps which I guess sure?, I know beams can 1HKO units but if that's the logic why even bother putting armor in the first place right? why the shouldguard on zakus? you're not gonna be facing beams all the time and if you do you're fucked anyway
>Your only reason against it was "it's dumb".
I was saying why put the arms on the thing instead of dedicated weapon mounts and internal ammo storage? you kept on bitching about rearming with mags and shit. the Hildolfr in it's tank mode actually looks ok as an mbt
also calm the fuck down

>Why yes, I am a tankfag. How could you tell?

Attached: 1536807998714.jpg (201x250, 7K)

This gives me the inexplicable boner.

>680mm main gun
my dick

just play eve

Should mechs be agile or should they be ponderous?

the agility's the only thing they got going for them, no?

>yes, that's what ccw coaxial weapons are for
And again, you limiting your angle of attacking via your torso.
Arms gives you easier and more accurate way to be able to target enemies. Why drop them in favor of mounted guns? Is there any argument here aside of "it's dumb"?
Cost saving measure? Shaving off few bux on prototype vehicle? Can you provide ANY reasoning aside of your taste?
>not saying slap armor on it I was retorting to your saying that ammo boxes are deathtraps which I guess sure?
because initial your only solution to problem of increased amount of instakill weakpoints seemed to be "just slap more armor on it"
And I pointed out that slapping armor is not panacea. More armor would mean even heavier vehicle.
When again - it's agile artillery platform and arms do go in hand with agility.
>I was saying why put the arms on the thing instead of dedicated weapon mounts and internal ammo storage?
why don't put the arms? Why don't put commonly used and capable arms which have arrange of uses instead of weapon mounts? Why not give access to all hand weaponry instead of developing worse alternative?
Two can play this game.

why choose? heavier chassis are slower but take more punishment and carry bigger guns, lighter chassis are fast, nimble, can fly for longer periods of time.
both have time and place in the battlefield

which are the best mech games i can play on a Henkaku PS Vita?

Attached: A-45-1414874002-9310.jpeg.jpg (600x848, 182K)

>Mechwarrior sells out to Epic
>Stop spending $100 every paycheck on MWO
What are some other games where I can pilot mechs?

Attached: 1350594293765.jpg (500x500, 109K)

where i can buy gundam breaker 3 break edition without wasting 50$

wait for sale on play asia (40$ atm) or digitally.
They happen on occassion.

cant buy digitally on my country as I know

I want to SU-CORD her.

Attached: G-Self_Perfect_Pack_Front.png (375x550, 216K)

FASA went and bought licensing for the designs in NA, IIRC from the original creator/artist

But who they got the license from apparently didn't have the right to license to FASA.

Harmony Gold took FASA to court, suing them for using the anime designs in NA, which HG didn't like because they were doing their robotech shit in NA.

This court case dragged for a long time, FASA was winning the case, but ran out of money to continue so they settled out of court with HG.

HG have been massive dickheads about the license ever since and continue to cause problems over it.

to buy digitally you need asian country's PSN account. Like Singaporean one. After that you need to buy prepaid cards of that country.
It's quite annoying process which usually costs more than physical, so it's good option if your country has heavy import tax. If there is no such thing better just look for PA sale, I think you can get it for 30 bux and below if you keep an eye on it

I will check play asia eventually, thanks dude

shits gay

HOPE I'M NOT INTERRUPTING!

Attached: Metal_Face_pic.png (550x300, 243K)

no problem, it's a good game, I hope it'll go on sale soon.

shame they directly connected xenoblade 2 to xenoblade 1.
it was good universe.

I haven't played 2, but the first game ended perfectly, i wouldn't mind a prequel though of some sort, exploring the limbs of Bionis and Mechonis that were not shown in the first game

You better avoid xenoblade 2 honestly. It doesn't add anything of value.
Dunno about prequel, it was really well made world with good designs. I just not sure if current monolith would be able to pull it off.

From what i know, 2 was kinda put on hold and rushed because Nintendo dragged over the Monolith team to help them work on BOTW for a long time after XenoX

Yeah, it was obviously rushed - looking at amount of patches, some of witch added basic as fuck features. But that's just an excuse honestly, they still released it. To success which is only make them feel that it's okay to put such rushed game out.
Now I bet they also work on BotW 2, so I really don't expect anything of value from monolith for awhile.
Gimme Project x Zone 3 if they want forgiveness.

Eh, it's not their fault Nintendo controls their asses to push their bigger IPs, it could be part of that why XenoX was rushed too, they dragged them off to work on BOTW and split the team in two, which never goes well.

If given a break i bet X2 or another form of Xeno game could be amazing

dunno about X being rushed, it felt that they fun with that one. Adding various tons of experimental game mechanics which no longer will see light of day. Only game problem was story, and I kinda liked that change.
after all what the point of rushing the niche game to already failed at that point system?

VOTOMS?

>No new Armor trooper votoms game

Attached: 003ad13542b6c48a89dce5dd7e55c1851441052833_full.jpg (640x631, 145K)

The PS2 one is the best we'll ever get anyways.

Attached: redshoulder.gif (320x236, 1.48M)

Looks kind of kuso, is it any good?

Attached: White-Glint.png (1331x1331, 956K)

Tfw they keep ruining pacific rim

Attached: 1566189019636.jpg (416x578, 62K)

Attached: mgsv_sahelanthropus2.jpg (306x438, 116K)

>Join the Armored Core discord
>They say "Capcom has been releasing the same MH game for 10 years"
>Leave the Armored Core discord

Formula Front is really cool

>want to play mw4
>old mw4 disc are fucked from childhood
>download mw4
>impossible to play even today without disc somehow

what the fuck are my options boys? do i have to buy them all again? I wanted try out black knight specifically, which i owned but never got to play because it wouldnt install on my computer in 04 despite mw4v and mwm installing fine. shit help me play some mw4 please.

Attached: image.gif (500x281, 1024K)

Yes

Attached: 71ufYT0ZPeL._SY550_.jpg (422x550, 36K)

not him but cant modern tanks go like 50 mph? why couldnt a giant robot if it balanced and used treads or wheels? i dont think they go much faster than 20 mph in the game but idk.

>scan the white base mission

FFFFFFFUCK THAT MISSION.
Instant one shot through thick ass fog bullshit. Finally just bum rushed every single squad between white base’s thrusters to hide while I scanned.

Attached: 5C781879-9D01-431D-AF72-40CEAC18D5F3.jpg (400x533, 41K)

Reminder that Brigador, the mecha GOTY 2016, is getting a sequel called Brigador Killers in 2020 despite underperforming

Some of its features include:
>fully destructible enviornments with granular degrees of damage so you can shoot or charge through cover and see the map get torn apart as you tear through it
>a variety of different vehicle options ranging from two legged walkers to grav-tanks to geared up flatbed trucks to high speed bikes to towering stacks of bolted together minivans loaded with turrets
>physics driven shooting system where recoil relates to the mass of your ride, you can curve or lob shots over obstacles, and your degree of elevation is accounted for when aiming
>actually functional stealth system where it's possible to lose enemy sights through skillful maneuvering or sneak up on them for ambushes
>enviormental responses to your equipmemt - EMPS knock out lights as well as mechs to reduce visability for enemies, smoke spreads, etc
>a full singleplayer campaign across a variety of custom maps with multiple difficulty settings that alter your loadout and ride to offer real challenge
>a roguelite/arcade mode where you fully customize your ride, choose a pilot, and crush through pre-assembled but randomized objective maps playing for score to unlock more gear to play around with (also has customizable difficulty/duration options for real challenge)
>dozens of vehicles, weapons, and pieces of equipment to unlock
>gorgeous electronic soundtrack
>a full fucking lore book diving into the setting and story
>glorious true 2D graphics

Please for the love of God give this game a try. I am desperate for the sequel to succeed so we can get more high quality indie mech games like this for autists like me who want the dedication to detail it has.

Attached: audiokineticpulse.gif (675x500, 3.7M)

Give us a mega link

>mega
Banned on my shithole network unfortunately

I found a download, this game better be good

It is, enjoy.

Try to find the up-armored edition if you can though since it's better.

Vengeance or Mercs? You can get Mercs from mektek with a special downloader and has no disk requirement, and Vengeance is complete abandonware so there's no buying it.

MWO is okay, but not good, its playable if you need something to fill that big stompy robot itch, but at the same time the game is a clusterfuck because the weapon convergence is way too linent leading to most people just playing mechs that can alpha strike other mechs out of the game

i tried finding the mektek release and couldnt find one. it seems like they changed their mind about making it free and yanked the downloads. i could but th old games physically though right? my question is if there are any downloads of black knight or vanilla that dont require a disc. i would settle for mw4m though.

Mechwarrior 4 spoiled the fucking shit out of me as a kid. i assumed that would be the future of gaming. the joystick support made it feel like the fucking future.

Is there nothing on any abandonware sites?

please stop making these threads
thank you in advance

underrated comment

this. Bought the game for 6€ and enjoying the fuck of it.

Attached: Scorch_1.jpg (960x1080, 445K)

Based taste and redpilled shilling (unironically)

post more of her and maybe we'll talk iron harvest

ALL I WANT IS A BIG BOOBIED MECHGF.

Attached: D87012C7-699E-4632-B71A-40426F98F0FB.jpg (1036x1000, 210K)

TECHROMANCER!!!

Attached: 3A7D824F-76C0-457F-B969-AB26584B0B5B.jpg (1500x972, 152K)