The only good thing to come out of capeshit

The only good thing to come out of capeshit

Attached: 5011525.jpg (480x598, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=40uN7Bg_RVc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How is it compared to the movie tie in games, i.e Spiderman 2?
I absolutely loved that game and the very mechanically oriented combat

Its the best Spider-man game ever, but nostalgiafags will pretend otherwise.

the swinging in 2 is still the best

combat in ps4 is definitely arkham inspired, but pretty generic in that genre. shield guys you have to strip first, bruisers that you have to stun, rifle guys guys you have to disarm, snipers that can end your day, etc

also no more, web up a guy and take him up to the empire state building and then piledrive his ass into the road, RIP

It's a bamham interactive experience that zoomies love

So can you give some reasons as to why?
>bamham combat
So is there more to this game than okay combat?

Nope. Its shallow cinematic normie bait

>capeshit

>Yea Forums is still seething over capeshit

Attached: jjj_laugh.png (350x338, 112K)

it's not even better than the worst arkham game unfortunately

The swinging in 2 isnt even as good as ultimate

pick up Ultimate Spiderman for another spiderman 2 experience. The swinging is perfect like 2's and the combat is still tons of fun. Not as many combos as 2 though

spider man thread?

Attached: 1566486810851.jpg (259x194, 11K)

Why is Sony so good to Spider-Man fans?

Attached: 1566854982288.png (1049x896, 980K)

best spiderman game. i bought a ps4 pro just top play this game, and it was honestly worth it. this game is heavily inspired by spiderman 2.

>but pretty generic in that genre
i compeltely disagree. the combat and gadgets are all web oriented, and it doesn't really play like the arkham games at all. arkham games didn't invent dodging, not that it's out of place in a spiderman game, infact it works better there than in a batman game

Attached: swag.jpg (780x585, 64K)

The swinging in ultimate butchered it though, you had control over it in 2 and in ultimate you were at a set speed the whole time

Don't listen to people who say it's bamham, they're probably retards who never once used the jump button/swinging in combat. There's a shit ton of mobility and juggling in PS4 spoodermans

Attached: 1536627602498.jpg (1920x1080, 944K)

it really doesnt
the batman games are extremely fluid, seamless and arkham knight as great combo and gadget variety with crazy good controls. Spiderman on the other hand is not seamless at all (you literally have to interrupt combat to select gadgets), has poor gadget and move variety, and the enemy variety is pretty lacklustre too.

Sony actually understands the character.

It really doesn't it signed off on the amazing movies and spiderverse is a porus slap in the face to the franchise. Spider-man PS4 works because it wan't handled by sony and the raimi movies worked well because sony didn't get involved much when they did you saw what three became

>amazing movies and spiderverse is a porus slap in the face to the franchise.
ok retard

playing with the rami suit is so fucking great

raimi*

I got this for free and expected to hate it for the double whammy of being capeshit and"cinematic." It was fucking awesome. The city and mechanics of web slinging and combat are just about flawless.

>spiderverse is a porus slap in the face to the franchise
Maybe I live under a rock but I've never seen this sentiment before. Care to elaborate?

They were literally attempting to make a Spider-Man villain centered universe without Spider-Man, including a movie about Silver Sable and Black Cat

Combat is Arkham but replacing counter with just a dodge, so you can't just mash one button to win.

Peter Parker is suppossed to be in highschool who plays an active role in the avengers. Tony Stark (Ironman) is a big part of the character, but was absent at any capacity.

>blocks your path

Attached: batman arkham city.jpg (800x800, 73K)

one of the many cases where Yea Forums was plain wrong. this game is fucking great. best spiderman game and better than any of the movies.

spotted the underage

Spiderverse is literally the only good implementation of the retarded multiverse shit

>Flash Thompson is some livestreaming Pajeet who's never even seen a football.
>All of Sony's Flash's were mega chads.
Fuck Disney and fuck Hollywood beta males.

Attached: 1371331952814.jpg (367x366, 44K)

>all these obvious as fuck shill posts
lol

Attached: das rite goyim.jpg (1916x945, 238K)

Okay? You realize the original comic book stories would never work with how the MCU set it up. They had room to change it up. Marvel is doing a story on any background character too.

It baisically reduced peter to being a supplementary character in his own franchise and Miles only exists to kill off peter and tell his own stories (which have been consistently bad) not add to the story as a whole. Its why his main motivation is guilt and its why Gwen stacy is his love interest. Miles has been a character for almost a decade and still has no defining moment that justifies his character beyond a few where bendis actively has peter parker say he's a better hero

STFU BITCH. hating on popular things doesn't make you cooler than anyone else.

And Spiderverse fixed that.

D O N ' T
O

N

'

T

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Attached: Gravity_c96227_2955703.jpg (400x400, 41K)

Spider-Man PS4 is very good besides the gay MJ sneaking missions, miles sneaking missions and the swinging doesn’t ever get fast enough. Other than that it’s pretty good. They will probably improve a lot in the second game. Don’t get me wrong I loved it and I 100% it and got all trophies.

Another thing I would say is there is way too many spider armour suits and they didn’t include Captain universe suit. The Ghost Spider-Man was pretty good though.

Attached: A8347F04-E045-4AD8-AA5D-A29F6D9B2284.jpg (1199x1623, 493K)

>Dead best friend you accidentally killed shows up again from different universe
>Instead decide to spend time hanging out with the mutt you bumped into

Maybe shows sure, but movies? Especially ones that don't even sound like good ideas on paper? Not so much

spiderverse doubled down on what makes miles terrible, an alt universe spiderman still completely reliant on peters death to be a character. For the love of god if you're going to do that than why bother to establish them together? Right because miles is boring on his own and has no character. Honestly the game ruined the movie for me because it showed that it was possible to write miles into the story and not over it

>Another thing I would say is there is way too many spider armour suits and they didn’t include Captain universe suit. The Ghost Spider-Man was pretty good though.
i thought they were all really gay and felt retarded wearing anything but one of the regular suits(classic, raimi, homecoming)

To be fair it feels way more fluid. I tried to back to Arkham Knight the other day and it made me want to puke. Movement is so god like in Spider-Man PS4.

ok retard

>
I beat the game pretty much just using the scarlet spider outfit but normally switched between the classic and homecoming outfits though I did fold in the last stand suit during some missions. In my new game plus play through I did it entirely in the raimi suit

50 replies and not even a mention, really?

Attached: 013388250103[1].jpg (525x526, 259K)

Makes him cooler than you, at least.

Attached: 1560913408756.jpg (640x480, 62K)

Based. The only Spider armour I like is the silver one from the 90s.

Old shit. We want new shit. Go back to the shadow fighting game autist

MJ in spiderverse is a white red head too

okay final fantasy faggot lol virgin ass nigga

I do love this game but I prefer the first one only because it tried to have a story for each character. But still I'M GONNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE

It’s pretty good, a bit of SJW shit (like Black Cats model being a self insert of an actual tranny at Insomniac), but overall is better than 2 with a better map and way more to do. Legit best Spodergame.

I'm so sick of Spiderman learning to be Spiderman and his infinite dimension clones. Higher T spidey when?

Attached: 1555535898047.jpg (823x1000, 179K)

>this trash opinion
Arkham series combat shits all over Spiderman. You don't pause every time to use gadgets in Arkham.

how assblasted was somebody to make this

I'm also cooler than you.

Attached: 1396941458667.png (929x557, 848K)

>nitpicking

Don't forget the gay pride flags everywhere in the game

I actually found the combat in Spiderman to be pretty clunky and stiff. my 2 cents

i hate fags niggers and trannies as much as the next guy, but there was only like 2 flags, plus it's an accurate depiction of a fruit cake city like nyc so i don't mind it.

Bat faggot detected. Nice dead series you gay ass nigger. The bat mobile ruined that last game. The way Batman walks around is clunky as fuck. There is a reason Spider-Man PS4 became the best selling superhero game of all time. The age of the bum fucking bat is over, the age of the Superior Spider is here.

>he didnt know how to quickswitch gadgets by pressing L1
didnt play the game did ya faggot

Literally the corner of one building.

>the bat mobile ruined the last game
Only if you were gutter trash at the game sure
>Spider-Man PS4 became the best selling superhero game of all time
Yeah at the end of the PS4's life cycle. Not a big accomplishment considering Knight was released toward a smaller playerbase.

"Quickswitch" still brings up the radial menu. And you won't see the same 5 cinematic takedown moves in Arkham either.

Raimi suit needs to be on the left

can you even switch gadgets in the pause menu?

Theres more than that but it is jew york so its not unwarranted. The weirdest part was that side quest where you had to go stop the palestinian terrorists from harming the completely innocent zionists, and the mission ends with spidey looking directly at the camera to say "remember kids, its your duty to die for isreal" I feel that insomniac went a little to hard to disconnect themselves from the raimi films

>Yeah at the end of the PS4's life cycle. Not a big accomplishment considering Knight was released toward a smaller playerbase.
you realize how retarded that statement is? knight was released on THREE platforms, and spiderman on ONE.

I never thought anything could make me like Miles Morales as Spiderman, yet Into the Spider-Verse did exactly that.

So, I'll give that one to Sony, anyway

That and both Asylum and City have been available for every major console since their release and still got overtaken in less than a year

How many people had a PS4/Xbox One in 2015? I guarantee you there were more PS4s in people's houses in late 2018 than both consoles combined in mid 2015. Not to mention the PC launch disaster and generally 5% of PC playerbase capable of running it at the time.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it was the 3rd game in a massively popular and beloved series, and it was outsold by a console exclusive. face the facts. i love the batman games and arkham knight was amazing, but spiderman is just better, and the sales reflect that. i literally bought a ps4 pro this week to play it and i am not disappointed.

The game itself is alright, every section where you're not Peter drags it down from an 8/10 to 7/10. It's probably the best Spidey story that's outside of a comic. At least they had the balls to kill May in this.

Attached: 1548456851745.jpg (1033x1600, 621K)

>It's probably the best Spidey story that's outside of a comic.
i agree. the films can learn a thing or two from how this story balances having 6 villains at once.

Why? He wasn't particularly interesting and it was a mostly generic origin story.

How assblasted are you at the truth?

just look at spider 2 combat u faggot

It was certainly better than his Ultimate origin story

it was the same story user

Again it was outsold because of the smaller install base. A shit ton of people bought the PS4 in 2018 because it had a solid list of exclusives by that time. Not to mention the holiday bundles Sony had for Spiderman.
>muh sales
I can argue the Arkham series is better since they all have better reviews than Spiderman then.

If Rocksteady were to release another Batman game at this time and even if it's PS4 exclusive, it would take a giant dump on Spiderman.

I don't know anything about that, but I thought he was lacking in the movie. His character feels so contrived. His lowest point was just everyone telling him that he wasn't good enough, and then after that he's just a perfect action hero as if he's been doing it forever. And he's not witty. It would've been a lot more compelling if he wasn't just suddenly competent Spider-man for no reason.

>One game
>one console
>one year

Outsold

>Three games
>on 5 consoles
>in ten years

I get why it outsold knight but do these numbers not include the asylum city bundle?

Towards the middle of the game when everyone starts shooting you really killed the game for me desu. Webswinging is the core of spidey games, I don't want to get shot at every block by Sable or convicts. What the fuck were they thinking.

>Again it was outsold because of the smaller install base
this game outside asylum, city, and knight. two of which were released well into the 360 and ps3's life cycle. both werre outsold by a ps4 exclusive

>If Rocksteady were to release another Batman game at this time and even if it's PS4 exclusive, it would take a giant dump on Spiderman.
huge cope.

The game ruined the movie for me desu, it showed it was possible to write miles into the story and not over it

>What the fuck were they thinking.
they were thinking you'd be better at the game

>being annoyed at getting targeted at every corner = git gud
What? It's annoying and triggers my autism to beat their ass whenever they interrupt my comfy webslinging through New York. It was pure anti-fun.

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20181111013501.jpg (3840x2160, 1.77M)

just out maneuver them

Why yes, I do hate superhero faggotry. How could you tell?

Attached: images (10).jpg (197x256, 11K)

Asylum and City set the framework and potential for superhero games like Spiderman. They were popular but not to the point of making the masses highly anticipate a superhero game (from well-established developer Insomniac mind you) and go out to get a console just for it. Literal children and women were looking forward to Spiderman due to the popularity of the MCU as well.

>huge cope
It's the truth. Considering that now:
1) Superhero games are well-received and anticipated by many (a standard the Arkham series set)
2) Batman and Spiderman are the two of the most popular heroes
3) There are 100 million PS4s out there
4) People are begging to see what Rocksteady does next

Asylum has a better story than spider-man but spider-man does everything city did better

dumb underage bait

nobody liked dunst as MJ
spider-verse is literally zoomer tier
> caring about awards
> venom movie
> good

webpits are based
nobody cares abou flash thompson, ib4agentvenomfags
marisa is milf may
mcu girl isn't mj watson, just michelle, who spidey was always going to leave after the 4th film

Comparing Spiderman to the second game in the series and released last-gen doesn't quite work. Although City had objectively better sidequests and more interesting game world/environments. The only thing I can definitively say Spiderman does better is traversal with the webswinging. Even the combat being better than City is arguable.

Steam has like 200 million users. Fuck off.

Absolutely seething MCuck zoyboy

*saves capeshit in your path*

Heh, nothin' personnel, Endgame faggot.

Attached: amazon-the-boys-series-cast.jpg (825x464, 42K)

Yeah and 80% of them can't even run games in 1080p. Look up the stats. Most users are from the third-world running toaster hardware. Now imagine that plus in 2015 with the technical issues AK had at launch.

Does it matter? You're just using an excuse when you know Spiderman PS4 outsold Batman. I also love how suddenly Yea Forums thinks the batman games are godsends now that they need to shitpost a sony game.

The story in City fell apart in the second half though the whole reveal that it was ras au gul the whole time was completely botched and most of the boss fights were bland. Though are you sure you wanna compare Spider-man to knight? Knight had a pretty terrible story and the batmobile was a half thought out addition to add to the mechanics. It'd be interesting to see what else they want to do with the story but the arkham games are done, though the biggest reason that Spider-man outsold Batman was because he has a broader international appeal than batman

In the original comics, Garth Ennis put the Boys in fucking trench coats and played it off 100% seriously.
That garbage is in no position to shit on capeshit when its just as bad but in a different direction.

Attached: 1371706417104.jpg (350x310, 74K)

Facts aren't excuses. And I don't see many people shitposting Spiderman here. In fact, I primarily play on PS4 and own a copy of Spiderman too. I'm just pointing out why Arkham is objectively superior when you take away superhero preference.

Let me tell you the exact reasons why I didn't like Spiderman as much.

- Worse sidequests (collecting pigeons, activating police towers, repetitive random acts of violence).
- Pace-destroying Miles and MJ sections
- Loading screens when entering interiors
- Forced Ock lab puzzles that also killed the pace
- Less fluid combat with the pause to use gadgets

I liked the pigeon side quests, any part of that game that used the swinging to its full potential was golden to me

It isn't bamham combat. It is more like spider-man 2 combat.
In this game your attacks have an important area of effect and building up webbing on your target is also important as you can use that for an extra effect. If you punch a guy up in the air, web him up, and then slam him down on the ground he will do an aoe splash damage that webs others around. You can also pick up items with web and spin them around to knock enemies away and throw them at the direction it is in its spin.
There is quite a bit more depth to the combat that you get comfortable the more used to it you get.

Story goes to personal preference and superhero games' story in general isn't really Oscar-worthy. I can say though Knight's story wasn't the best, it still managed to remain focused and told the narrative in a seamless way. As opposed to load for the next Miles or MJ stealth section. I personally didn't have a problem with the Batmobile as I considered it another "gadget" to use in puzzles and found the combat fun and engaging.

I do agree Spider-man had a broader appeal when it released. I attribute that to the MCU being really popular and Insomniac being a top developer.

>Less fluid combat with the pause to use gadgets
this is only a problem if u suck at the game. by mid point i was able to tap L1 and point the stick in the right direction almost instantaneously.

You shouldn't have to do that. They could've mapped the gadgets to certain face button combos and it would've been 100 times better. No pausing or "stuttering" like in your case whatsoever.

If you think the combat is like the Arkham games then you aren't using aerial attacks. You should be airborne 75% of the time.
Also im wondering how the sequel will handle Green Goblin, Norman himself has always been good in the comics but generally his alter ego is only used best in short bursts, everything GG related in the comics since like 1985 has sucked, thats why they found other stuff for Norman to do like Thunderbolts, being the president, and Iron Patriot

except it is banham combat

1 attack button, 1 counter/"webstrike", 1 dodge, 1 stun. X, X, X X only works on standard mooks, have to disarm shield/gun guys, etc.. it's the same system just a flashier coat of paint

youtube.com/watch?v=40uN7Bg_RVc

spiderman ps4 was great and all.
but the arkham series, even at its lowest was pure, pure unadulterated KINO.

Attached: 1525355338159.png (1400x1400, 1.04M)

webstrike isn't a counter. You can use it as a counter later on in the game but you have to use a direction as well.and you have to hold it to perform it.
The dodge button requires you to actually dodge out of the way. You can't just press the dodge button like in bamham.
Stun works on everyone if you do it while their guard is down.

thats one of the worst super hero games though. literally dumbed down arkham checkpoint movie garbage.