Too many shitty games on steam

Are there any actual good indie games on steam? I guess I just don't know where to look because all I can see is one shitty top-down shooter or sidescroller after another. I don't consider myself a very critical person, but I think it is obvious how oversaturated the crappy indie game market is.

Attached: 1557580437446.jpg (218x290, 16K)

CrossCode.

It's Google Play tier now.

What kind of games do you like OP?

What you consider crappy someone else considers a niche hidden jewel, you might find yours one day
I've been playing a lot of shortest trip to earth and dicey dungeons lately

puzzle clicker,flash tier crap

Wait for my game if we ever finish it

Attached: 1548883734883.png (1280x720, 506K)

>Are there any actual good indie games on steam?
Yes

Its been a huge problem since they started letting basically any "game" onto steam. They used to only let like 100-200 games onto steam a year and now its like a million. Too many games are being added so quality control is impossible, implying valve even cares to do quality control.

Can you think of a single case where you actually discovered a "hidden gem" of an indie game on Steam that wasn't brought to your attention either on their front page, recommendations, or from an outside source?

I like a lot of genres and play many different ones so it's kind of hard to narrow it down.
>FPS
>TPS
>Simulation (actual simulation stuff like trains or something, not stupid shit like "fridge simulator" or "sandwich simulator"
>Racing if it's realistic
>anything with planes
>top down if it includes good rpg elements
>classic rpgs
>multiplayer shooters
>sidescrollers or platformers with actual depth
>stragety and city builders with depth or elements of procedural generation
>survival games

looks dope gib info

oh and fighting games/beat em ups too kinda forgot that, as long as the combos aren't too hard to pull off

You have your recommended, you have good tag searching even if it's not perfect, filters included, you have "games similar to this", you have games by the same devs, you have the weird steam labs thing with niche/popular slider and all that shit, you have a fuckton of search options, get off your ass and start using them.
What games do you even like?

steam down right niw :(

@fingergungames

or google. we're pretty much top of the search results of wrestling rpg. mix between paper mario and light fighting game mechanics.

Attached: 1566009347708.png (640x480, 32K)

What's your budget like? Sorta changes the suggestions.

yes, multiple, steam even tries to recommend things to you of similar genres, I see a lot of games as they're coming out or that I would've never heard of because of steam. I get that you're gonna find a lot more garbage than anything else but does it fucking matter? does it hurt you to see games you don't like?

yes
apparently
it is

Well, I listed what I liked above. I do use tags and searching but even with all that and the recommended stuff, it fills my feeds to the brim with stuff I don't care about or don't want. Mainly I think the issue is that what appears in the feed has at least one of the tags I do like but still is a low-quality game. Plus steam only lets you block like 10 tags anyhow.

Happens all the time to me when I search by tag.

Have you tried searching for those tags? Or going into the store page for games you have and looking in the "similar games" section?

>good
>indie game

there is no point in playing any game until bannerlord early access comes out. nothing will

Looks interesting, you better not be tranny faggots

I hang out at /agd/ so I can't promise anything. some might have rubbed off on us

try the steam labs recommender thing, see if it gives you anything useful

Attached: recommender.png (734x542, 220K)

Radiator 2.

I hate you for making me look that up. Now steam is gonna try to recommend me erotica games.

t. triple A shiteater

Look up recommendations on steampowered.com so Steam doesn't know it's you. Google already knows you're a pervert.

All of these are with Steam sales in mind and I probably wouldn't recommend buying at full price. Or just take the piratepill.
>FPS
Void Bastards - Content sparse but if budget isn't a concern it's a good 5-6 hours of shock-esque fun before it gets repetitive. Play on hardest or it's not fun at all.
>TPS
I genuinely can't name a recent TPS indie, good or bad
>Sim
I recently got into Blockhood, bit of a sleeper pick. It's a city sim but arcade-y, if that makes any sense? Its main gimmick is stacking buildings and making absurd looking towers. Again, maybe 10 hours of fun but without budget it's a good pick.
>Racing (realistic)
Antithesis of my tastes, got nothing for ya.
>Top down RPGs
Assuming isometric counts. If so, anything from Supergiant. Transistor, Pyre, Hades, etc. You really can't go wrong with any of the above.
>Multiplayer shooters
Multiplayer+niche indie are sorta oxymoronic but if you don't mind non-steam Xonotic is a great quake fix.
>Sidescrollers
Iconoclasts. Can't recommend it enough, it's my actual GOAT. Metroidvania from one of the ex-Shantae animators, with a surprisingly good plot and fantastic bosses. Movement's great too with a lot of little quirks that aren't directly explained but you learn accidentally as you play.
>Strategy
Well I already mentioned blockhood, but I'd suggest giving Planetary Annihilation another look if you've got a friend willing to jump on board too. Most of the flak the game got was from sparse launch content, the update that literally doubled the unit count just came too late in the games lifespan. Dozens of hours of fun if you can rope people into playing.
>Survival
God, that's oversaturation city, huh? Fuckin, I dunno man, modded Minecraft if you used to do that circa 2014? Shit really went off the rails in terms of what people did to the game.

MOMODORA
I liked it anyway but then again, I'm a girl don't hit on me, etc

>Have you tried
I doubt he has.

Its recommendations are based on what you play, so maybe you should stop playing shitty top-down shooters and sidescrollers if that's not what you want to be recommended. Works fine for me.

>have you tried
How dare you assume his state of having done something!

>expecting anything more than indie tier-trash from PC gayming

i don’t wanna start a platform war here, but thats why consolechads get paid the big bucks. you want quality, op? get yourself PS QUADRUPPLE, or shit, even a switch will do just fine.

Thank you for the recommendations, this is what I was looking for.
Void Bastards looks like a bit of fun
Blockhood and Iconoclasts also looking good

Planetary Annihilation?? That looks like the shit right there. I think I'll wait for that one to go on sale first though, but it's right up my alley

Here OP, try something new. It doesn't share any single criteria you mentioned except for survival, the game cranks that part up to eleven.

Attached: Rain World.jpg (600x800, 107K)

OP here. I already have a switch and xbox but I'm looking to expand the steam library since while I'm away from home I don't have much to play on my laptop. (and yes I know I could just use my switch all the time but sometimes I get bored of it.)

the art style is interesting, I think I'll give it a go

Nothing get my autism running like games where you need to open up the wiki if you want to know where you're going. Any other games like this? So far only Kenshi and River City Ransom Underground have scratched this itch recently.

Attached: 1566301587050.png (960x983, 1.14M)

Well so far I haven't had to open the wiki for but it sure doesn't explain shit to you in-game, you just kinda roll with it and vaguely follow directions when they're presented to you. Took me a few days to understand how the lives system worked.

Don't do with Rain World.
The best way to experience this game is discovering every feature by yourself through your journey. When some user recommended me this game he kept the info to the minimal for a good reason, the game tells you the barebones basics and eventually you will learn the advanced mechanics and behaviors while you play without needing any guide, all through observation and experimentation. Depending how observant you are you will learn sooner or later, but you will.

Steam has pretty much became game selves back in 1980, so much shit that you don't give a fuck about what is actually there.

I haven't used the steam store other then purchasing games I was already interested from a third party source.

Hylics