Konami looking to revive some franchises, according to Nobuya Nakazato during a Contra Rogue Corps interview

Konami looking to revive some franchises, according to Nobuya Nakazato during a Contra Rogue Corps interview
>>What kind of reaction was inside KONAMI?
>Nakazato : Of course, there was a voice such as “Is it possible to sell“ Soul Dora ”now and sell it really?”, But the internal air is “Let's play more games!”. Some IPs are currently out of series, but the first is the rebirth of Tamara In the future, it may lead to other IP.
sources: famitsu.com/news/201908/20181225.html

Next 5 years are going to be better, i'm feeling it.
Castlevania and MG are a given he popularity of the two collections + the netflix serie + the belmont in smash. MG very likely already is in dev due to a lot of hints.

Attached: intervieww.png (687x191, 12K)

I hope they expected contra to flop because its going to fucking flop like every 3D contra game ever

>hopes
A good castlevania game is announced
>expectations
Mobile games and maybe bomberman

My Google Translate is rusty. What are Soul Dora and Tamara supposed to be?

I wonder what the chances are of Suikoden making a comeback. There's a big lack of recent jrpgs lately.

remake LoI in LoS engine

>New Castlevania
I want to believe it could be good... But it won't be
Konami too far gone at this point.

that's probably why they released the contra collection.
to see if people prefer 2D or 3D contra.
Mobile is only one division (who also work on some console games), there's one new division from 2018 dedicated to console game + division 2 who do card games. but most mobile Konami games don't use their popular franchises but jap shit. Bomberman probably will return for next gen considering R was a little success.
They may do a Suikoden Collection first.

Iga said he would return for a new game back in June.
He has no hostility against Konami.
There's plenty of talented game still at the company. the director of the new contra is the designer of SOTN and director of most old contra games. there's also around 200 exkojipro members.

Does Silent Hill finally have a chance to come back?

Hahahaha no!

I wonder if people would be able to look past the baggage of P.T's removal from PSN on top of the lackluster treatment the series had from Western devs. The best the company could do is probably just make a spiritual successor.

GRADIUS VI!

DAMNIT KONAMI, I'LL FORGIVE YOU FOR EVERYTHING IF YOU REMEMBER THIS SERIES!

Attached: 1559215287047.jpg (342x342, 32K)

>tfw people still give Kojima's credit for this serie when he wasn't the director at all

Any japfag who knows the engine of their recent baseball game? it surprisingly look very good.

Attached: pro-baseball-spirits-2019-ps4-psv-f245ab44__830_470.jpg (830x470, 57K)

You wouldn't want it to.

Silent Hill was the OG walking simulator. The game that paved the way for Gone Home and TLOU. It is the defining example of putting a game's story before actually creating engaging gameplay.

Resident Evil was always superior.

that seems to be the fox engine or a modified version of it, I thought that game was developed by the team who made metal gear survive but I was wrong, it is made by the powapuro team, then what is production studio 8 making? has it been dismantled after metal gear survive or is it working on a secret game?

Very probably on a new MG game, remake or new game.
would explain why Uehara, main dev of MGS1-2-3-GB and helped with 4, who returned in 2017, wasn't found anywhere, the game must be in dev since 2017. (remember that Survive was supposed to release in mid 2017, it was delayed to early 2018 to make the solo story mode )
Konami actually said the next gen PES won't use fox engine, so they are either making a new engine based on the fox, or switching to maybe UE4 like a lot of studios who do multiplatform games. (easy to use, more options, run on every platforms, more recent.)

Attached: 957z2uxslue21.png (537x523, 291K)

we'll see, actually they already use UE4 for PES mobile so I don't think they'll use the same engine for both, they're probably making a new one or updating the fox engine for next gen effects like ray tracing and stuff like that, maybe at TGS they'll announce something.

I don't want to risk invoking a hate thread against Kojima, but even if you take him from the MG series i feel like without Yoji Shinkawa it wouldn't have that great near future sci-fi look and character design. The only real series i'd even want from Konami is a AA castlevania game in the style of SotN or a Silent Hill that is actually Silent Hill and not just abstract resident evil.

Give me back my YGO dating sims you fucking niggers.

Attached: nYTAFuN.jpg (1710x2048, 212K)

What a retarded opinion

They already have the MGRR designer who work with them as freelance now. Yoshimura.
he did some neat little things in survive, he did other but they were never added in the game because of the low playerbase. they also could possibly have the MGA guy back.
then again technically Shinkawa is still freelance, but i doubt he will return.

forgot to post the gears he made that were in the game.
everything beside the "left middle" (gray with some orange thing) one, who was done by an unknown person.

Attached: Dz8HGywXgAw7CL_.jpg (1581x730, 164K)

while there aren't a lot of them since most NPC use gears already from V, some does have unique outfits who look alright like pic related.

Attached: 20181026013705_1.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

However, the monster design, made by Masahiro ito for the basic wanderer and the lord of the dust + some other dudes for the other variants, look more like something from a RE game, with less gore.

Attached: 20181026001034_1.jpg (1920x1080, 371K)