Why the hell did they make this game so hard?

Why the hell did they make this game so hard?

Mega Man Thread

Attached: coverMBgba.png (1006x1006, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34
mega.nz/#F!UgNQmIJZ!i1DFJDG7DnXhfxzkCdi-cQ
mega.nz/#F!ILZ3iBwJ!C98nQG-BawMIUy6BaPkk6A
mega.nz/#F!wbZzxLQJ!ikICMacD7xS13zeC4hk_IQ
mega.nz/#!NyQDSSiS!NifzgQfZuJm4Xr8PCe5VcoaXUhXPvdSNnYVe8uOklx8
cdromance.com/nds-roms/rockman-zx-mega-man-zx-full-undub-japan/
cdromance.com/nds-roms/rockman-zx-advent-mega-man-zx-advent-full-undub-japan/
cdromance.com/gba-roms/megaman-battle-network-6-cybeast-gregar-english-patched-gba-rom/
cdromance.com/nds-roms/mega-man-star-force-3-black-acered-joker-undub/
mega.nz/#F!zq5k0SBT!M327QSv3oJxXwrYPCXTNpA
mega.nz/#!1lkgnKgD!iGdGMLzQ73aWYH3eHgcSS8uzOKG0b8P9jipTbf7ZM3M
youtu.be/iz_iHGK-ruY
strawpoll.me/18544101
youtube.com/watch?v=2rIx9O7LuHo
youtu.be/hqFsp0-l3es
github.com/Prof9/MMZX-Slot2-Patch
youtube.com/watch?v=jUaEu7IUIqM
youtube.com/watch?v=7Xr2IpU-EMs
youtu.be/ix4FsgBi2AY
youtube.com/watch?v=VGsQuFVXGNk
youtube.com/watch?v=tI3KyviaT6c
youtube.com/watch?v=STmUaIEClmY
youtube.com/watch?v=lpaUbqwhMTI
youtu.be/_lv3Sp7NY8Q
chan.sankakucomplex.com/?tags=splash_woman&page=1
youtube.com/watch?v=9CzkswHHxQI
twitter.com/countgate
youtube.com/watch?v=yAQhGMssfBY&list=PLjAradcHiAB42J4Tw2juca00iz6wo6Fij&index=30&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=5duaeL4GeT4
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqL6wLAgVUSvOBkeqQlSwlZ2S6mY9KrsY
youtube.com/watch?v=Yx7fo5pUU9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=nYCmjwmLWZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=EzU1p91iEL4
youtube.com/watch?v=z9uVIYac5OA
youtube.com/watch?v=6H8xMrcPW8M
store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/UP0102-CUSA15023_00-MMZZLC0000000001
store.playstation.com/en-hk/product/UP0102-CUSA15023_00-MMZZLC0000000001
youtube.com/watch?v=cXnCZvvOHJw
youtu.be/HJYoD5dtok0?t=376
youtu.be/cXnCZvvOHJw
youtube.com/watch?v=LCtUzI8P50M
youtu.be/rRMz03IGYOA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Going by the complete works book, Inafune wanted &bass to be as hardcore as possible for the fans, which is why he told the development team: "...I told them not to compromise, and to make the game as hardcore as possible."
So he wanted it to be as hard as possible for the diehard fans I guess.
The real question is: Why didn't we get this in lc2?

Attached: d8lcuqd-4826ae32-14fd-4fca-a6dc-279a334b265b.png (300x220, 43K)

I think what easily makes this game painful is that you can't refill weapon energy automatically compared to the other games. Also for a lot of platforming bass does far better because he can jump twice.

Easy, because Capcom is the big gay and never does what it's fans want.

I half-expect a "Mega Man Treasure Collection" that includes all the oddball Classic and X games.
*Mega Man & Bass
*MM Battle & Chase
*MMX Command Mission
*Mega Man World 1-5 (colorized!)
*Xtreme 1 and 2

>*Mega Man World 1-5 (colorized!)
The saddest part about that series is we could've had those in a lc3 if only the original gba collection of them didn't get lost in a flood (I think it was a flood?)
Had colors and everything too which makes it even sadder

I would honestly say 9 is harder
You can break the game beyond repair after a few stages with free-flight hyper buster speed-up Bass, and it's not like Mega Man really has anything to worry about when dropping an Ice Wall on any enemy will basically instakill - and everyone takes out Cold Man first since he's so easy
The game is also more or less devoid of any platforming challenge assuming you're not playing on the GBA

Attached: 1565354456162.png (546x458, 271K)

So what? They can just start fresh and colorize the GB games again. It's been long enough.

You'd hope so, but after losing all their progress Capcom probably doesn't want to give it another shot.
I don't blame them, if most of my hard work was washed away in a flood I'd be pretty hesitant to redo it all again as well.

Attached: 1566589991400.png (1000x1000, 523K)

It's been over a decade. I'd say the time has come to get off their ass and try again now that the loss has been accepted.

True, but Capcom probably doesn't expect it to sell all that well which would make it a waste of resources.
Unless of course they're working on it as we speak and have yet to reveal it.

>everyone takes out Cold Man first since he's so easy
And necessary for Mega Man since the Ice Wall is crucial for him to clear obstacles that Bass can handle easily.

Attached: quint.png (272x382, 82K)

Sup?

Attached: MM&BKingTank.png (256x222, 7K)

>Drop a Remote Mine on the weak points and blow it when they open up
Easy.

Boy I sure did enjoy fighting 4 full bosses in one stage.

So are we all in agreement that 4 is the best game?

How do I win as bass for the second phase?

No
4 is good but not perfect

Attached: mega-man-9-box-art.jpg (319x425, 77K)

The game was basically designed more for the guy that could double jump and aim his buster in several directions

Attached: 15d6bc519ecfd11e9c48734491fb7dac.jpg (736x414, 36K)

Neither is 9.

Too bad the bosses weren't designed for his piss-ass Buster, so it all balances out.

good thing you only actually have to fight one boss with the buster so it's actually not balanced at all

because you played the gba version like a fucking retard

Why did they make Bass' Buster so shit against bosses?

Mega Man isn't great to play because most of the platforming was designed for Bass.

Meanwhile, most of the boss fights aren't that great because they were designed for Mega Man.

>why is the game balanced?

>why is the game unfun no matter who you play is?

Who is the best robot master and why is it Splash Woman?

Attached: 1a2 (1).png (401x375, 149K)

I believe you meant to say knight man sir

Attached: ftt0naf4tu111.jpg (480x480, 72K)

I know what I said.

Attached: 1aa.jpg (567x692, 32K)

Based picture.

Where's the hot /ll/ between these two?

no, best game is v gb

A man of culture I see.

Nowhere, because robots can't have sex.

Or can They?

Because the original game was a japanese exclusive. Much like the original Super Mario Bros. 2. back then, japanese games were more difficult.

Do you think we'll ever get an X9?

Attached: 0b2.jpg (600x718, 30K)

>Also for a lot of platforming bass does far better because he can jump twice.

He's bassed.

Attached: 1549922133919.png (956x624, 27K)

I wouldn't be surprised if X9 is the current mm game that was confirmed to be in it's planning stages
>But XDive
It was confirmed by good ol' protodude that XDive started being made before even the x collections, so it didn't cuck x9. X9 as far as we know, still depends on the collections sell which met Capcom's expectations or so they said.

Attached: 15578274182.jpg (1715x1080, 246K)

youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34

King jet? just use Copy Vision, it automatically shoots the weak spot so you can concentrate on the jumps.

So it's been a year: was Mega Man 11 a flop or not? I'm still the only guy in my circle who played the damn thing.

Attached: 1512417052767.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

I think it sold well enough. I did double dip and bought it for the Switch and Steam.

Apparently it sold pretty well for a budget title.
It didn't hit 1 mil, but got extremely close last I heard, like in the 900k range.

Attached: D-4VYpXUEAI7QaD.png (566x801, 818K)

I remember articles reporting it sold a little over a million.

Not bad for a series that's been dormant for so long.

What the fuck is wrong with Battle Network 2? Jesus fuck.
I've been playing this game for the past couple days, just beat Snakeman and got all my chips back from Netopia, and this game is just playing awful. Yeah, the improvements and changes from BN1 are plain to see, and while I do appreciate them mostly, fuck this game. The bosses became way more dynamic and interesting, but jesus fucking christ some of these bosses are straight bullshit; Quickman and Thunderman are the worst of them I've fought so far, I got to a point where I almost was absolutely unable to beat Thunderman because my chips were not the best for that fight, and all my other chips were stolen.
And that's just the bosses, the Chips are also worse as you only get shitty low-damage chips for the longest time and it's really hard to get better chips since all the ones you get are so bad.
So yeah, I'm painstakingly going through this shit since I've heard 3 is the best one.

Attached: sponge.jpg (800x450, 51K)

sold over a million across all platforms. capcom was pleased with the sales. its also like the top 5 best selling mega man games

I really hope of X9 is made they go back to 2D sprites.

I never really liked the 3D look of X7&9, meanwhile the sprite art of 1-6 was beautiful.

Attached: 1555381272623.png (482x611, 357K)

Oh so it did hit 1 million, good to hear.
Now let's hope capcom decides to give a chance to more megaman series outside of just milking classic/x.
There's been a hefty amount of bn love lately over in japan, so that's promising.

>Go back to
>Look of X7&8

Fuck my reading comprehension.

Graphics aside, X8 was such a fucking solid mega man game. It's a shame X7 (which I still enjoy) pretty much sealed X8's fate when it launched.

Only keep the 3d look /artstyle of x7.
Nothing about x8 is good except the music to the point where even the art style is pretty bad.
Why is X anorexic.

Attached: 462.png (750x650, 1.86M)

None of them were particularly hard, the final stage is much more of a pain.

Use more PAs and support chips
Prism + spreader type PA are insanely good.

>add E-Tanks
>split King Stage 2 into 3 stages
Now the game's as difficult as your average Megaman Game.

Attached: 1561325754075.gif (196x208, 156K)

He's not really anorexic, his legs just aren't jumbo sized like usual.

I agree that the art style change was awful though.

X's normal character design is already perfect, there is no reason to change it.

There's an item that multiplies the amount of weapon/health energy you pick up. You can easily full any weapon bar with one or two big weapon capsules if you have this item equiped.
Furthermore you can also travel at any given time to the intro stage, if you grind in those "drill" sections you can full everything in a couple of minutes. If you use the Magic Card to destroy enemies you get bolts 80% of the time.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

>over 10 years
>no new X games

Attached: 1554845859359.jpg (750x728, 270K)

>most of the platforming was designed for Bass.
People keep saying this, but I don't get it. I don't think any of the patforming sections were impossible or bad designed with Mega Man. MM9 and 10 had the same, "bullshit" difficulty and everybody praises MM9.

No way, &Bass is way harder than 9 or 10.

I should play some Network Transmission.

It's been 20 years since a good one was made

>There's been a hefty amount of bn love lately over in japan, so that's promising.
Is it?

The series already ended, It's better to keep the story where it is rather than continue for the sake of it.

True, but even if it's promising in hopes of something as simple as a collection.
Who knows, we may get a remake of the star force crossover for our troubles.

Or get a new Star Force.

how many different codes (letters) do you have in your folder? By that point in the game you should be down to one, maybe two.

You don't need to actually continue BN, just make another series like with Star Force. Just make sure the gameplay is built off of BN and not what they did with SF (although I personally didn't have an issue with it).

But why? the lack of E-Tanks? Mega Man can literally health himself by the end of the game. You can access the shop even in the last levels (something you can't do in MM9) The game even gives you 800 free bolts to spend in upgrades. Also, unlike MM9 in &Bass Mega Man keeps his charged buster shot and slide, two things that are very useful in boss battles.

Choose your fighter

Attached: 1504314495636.jpg (540x774, 91K)

I chose suicide.

Christ. You could of just said "no thanks". Are you okay user?

Finna test something, create a new Maverick that I'll try to make it in a X1-X3 style sprite, description would help

Meteor Raccoon
Level is space walk, meteor shower starts at halfway point.
Larger upper body with claws that glow when he is attacking, tail can launch energy blasts.
Main color is probably brown or purple, whichever you think would be more fitting, with bright color highlights.

Ripper Roach

He's a cockroach with scythes for hands.

BRAZEN AXOLOTL: He overtook the Repliforce navy and embargoed CyberCuba

Attached: x5.png (744x500, 630K)

Who is best boy and why is it Zero?

Proto will always be the best boy

Attached: D_7sChZUIAAbQuv.png (507x751, 179K)

Attached: 1452242285672.png (1200x2400, 114K)

The buster upgrade you can buy from Auto makes it on par with Mega Man’s.

just got the megaman x collection and i just finished x, what am i in for bros ?!

6 fun games
1 ok game
1 bottom of the barrel game that should never have been released
All in that order

god i wish that were me

wtf is this spoonfeed me

What is this and why do people keep posting it everywhere?

Attached: meteorraccoon.png (300x212, 5K)

Nice, the tail is really good.

Kool!

CAPCOM

Isn't Battle Network Transmission harder?

It's time

>Most, if not all of the Megaman games and fangames (plus Boktai and Gunvolt), Comics, artbooks and in-game OSTs (i'll deeply appreciate if you can find the updated link)
mega.nz/#F!UgNQmIJZ!i1DFJDG7DnXhfxzkCdi-cQ

>BN cia file versions
mega.nz/#F!ILZ3iBwJ!C98nQG-BawMIUy6BaPkk6A

>Star Force.nds
mega.nz/#F!wbZzxLQJ!ikICMacD7xS13zeC4hk_IQ

>Rockman.EXE 15th Anniversary Sound Arrange Best Tracks
mega.nz/#!NyQDSSiS!NifzgQfZuJm4Xr8PCe5VcoaXUhXPvdSNnYVe8uOklx8

>ZX games undubbed
cdromance.com/nds-roms/rockman-zx-mega-man-zx-full-undub-japan/
cdromance.com/nds-roms/rockman-zx-advent-mega-man-zx-advent-full-undub-japan/

>Gregar patched
cdromance.com/gba-roms/megaman-battle-network-6-cybeast-gregar-english-patched-gba-rom/

>Black Ace undubbed
cdromance.com/nds-roms/mega-man-star-force-3-black-acered-joker-undub/

>Every official Megaman animation
mega.nz/#F!zq5k0SBT!M327QSv3oJxXwrYPCXTNpA

>Shanghai.EXE V.0502e13 /jp/ Translation
mega.nz/#!1lkgnKgD!iGdGMLzQ73aWYH3eHgcSS8uzOKG0b8P9jipTbf7ZM3M

Also X7 is ok at worst and you should all give it a shot

Attached: 1566348686937.jpg (320x240, 10K)

Bit of a mouthful to explain. Hold your breath, it's a tough one to swallow

Nice.

Attached: c80.gif (318x300, 215K)

Please do.

Absolutely BASED, thanks.

Gimme a minute to put it in a way where you can see where im coming from

people consider r&b hard? i thought it was very mild until the king stages
this is coming from someone who never finished any other megaman game by the way besides battle network 1 and 2

Attached: ripperroach.png (390x205, 6K)

Absolutely BASED my dude, thanks!

Attached: ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀.jpg (140x123, 4K)

>MM9 and 10 had the same, "bullshit" difficulty and everybody praises MM9.
I'd say they're fine if you're playing as Megaman, but those games are designed against Proto Man far more than &Bass is against Megaman

>King Stage 2

Attached: 1526309214833.jpg (1024x1024, 110K)

I was just replaying that last night. FUCK the last stage. Everything after Terra is a kick in the balls.

Do any of you like the Megas? I love the Protomen, and it seems like there's a huge overlap in the two fanbases, but every time I try to listen to them I find it to be cringey melodramatic shit. Is there something I'm missing?

Attached: 1553509378609.png (500x497, 277K)

Lethal Llama

A four footed, half-cyborg llama

How does one become half cyborg?

Are they like, a quarter robot?

Webing Wanderer

A Brazilian Wandering Spider that Stands 8ft tall.

Manic Meerkat
Pops in and out of tunnels all around the arena
When shot enough times freaks out and shoots from hole to hole for a small period of time
Maybe even have an armored head so he can feint you into attacking him before he fully emerges

I like them, but I like cringy melodramatic shit, so I'm probably not gonna have an answer for you. I think it works best with Protoman though, as his entire character arc is a tragedy. Melody from the Past is their best song.
Fuck them for ruining Flash Man's song though. It's my favorite MM tune and they made it about gay robot sex.

Also he shoots acid from his teeth, seems like the robot equivalent of deadly poison.

>they made it about gay robot sex
I'm sorry what?

i imagine the Llama would be half normal looking and half Reploid looking

youtu.be/iz_iHGK-ruY

Jesus christ. Who likes this shit, I'm sorry.

Attached: 1566769126681.jpg (500x399, 29K)

Would you mind the Megaman general coming back? Answer honestly

strawpoll.me/18544101

Attached: Delicious in spic.jpg (258x250, 8K)

not even the original gay flashman song
youtube.com/watch?v=2rIx9O7LuHo

Attached: hyadain.png (957x716, 1.03M)

Reminder
youtu.be/hqFsp0-l3es

Attached: 1515985628950.gif (715x447, 3.56M)

I actually have eight Maverick ideas, so pick whichever one(s) you like:

>Iron Triceratops
The largest of the group, looks like a semi-humanoid, armored Triceratops.
Personality: Stern, authoritative

>Swift Kestrel
Haven't finalized her design in my mind, but looks somewhat similar to Storm Eagle. Based off of kestrel birds of prey.
Personality: Positive, energetic

>Parallel Zebra
Humanoid Reploid design, but with zebra head. Body can also have some stripe motif.
Personality: Smooth, but chaotic

>Deathsting Gympee
Based off of Gympee-gympee plant, infamous for tiny needle-like barbs that get stuck in your skin.
Personality: Sadistic, unhinged

>Geyser Marlin
Larger humanoid Reploid body, head is mostly marlin. Has trademark marlin fins on head and arms.
Personality: Cool, aloof

>Electro Skeeter
Based off of a mosquito, might look similar to Mr. Mosquito from Rayman.
Personality: Nosy, creepy

>Shriek Caracal
Pretty much a humanoid Reploid design, but with a Caracal cat head
Personality: Loud, youthful, vicious

>Ballistic Bombeetle
Based off of a bombardier beetle.
Personality: Loyal soldier

Fuck what

Mega/Gigamix is the best use of the franchise ever made and you can all bite me

The GBA port is bad, but emulating on the SNES it's fine. You can actually get creative with the powers and use them in tandem with platforming. The jazz OST is excellent too. One of my fave MM games.

tl:dr

/vg/ could always use another dead general filled with slow trickling posts from regulars circle jerking that just post JUST enough to drag the thread out over weeks without any actual new content

just like the /y/ megaman thread that had literally months on it before dying

That's breddy gud

Add this to the pasta github.com/Prof9/MMZX-Slot2-Patch

Best song right here

youtube.com/watch?v=jUaEu7IUIqM

Network Transmission has a few speedbumps but for the most part is pretty easy. Early on, the bosses give little room for error, as they do a ton of damage and you don't have any powerful attacks. But, once you get more HP, stronger chips, and healing items, you don't really have to think about what the bosses are doing.
There are two sections in Quick Man's stage which are completely atrocious. It's like Quick Man's stage in MM2 but with the camera zoomed in 200% and no screen transitions. You're guaranteed to die several times before you've memorized the layout. It's just inexcusably bad. It's hard, but not any fun.
Network Transmission gives you the option to bypass any difficulty. There are Invis chips which make you invincible for a very long time, so you can just walk through any hazard, enemy, or boss. Double Jump chips let you fly over any platforming challenge and entirely skip over certain areas.

Yea, discussion is pretty hard to find these days.

It's an animated short based of Mega Man Gigamix.

Just like the first game

I agree.
I honestly don't think it's nearly as hard as people have made it out to be if you actually use the various weapons effectively.
More often than not it seems like someone calling a megaman game really hard it's because they always just stick to the buster and refuse to use any special weapons.
MM&B is very much designed around the assumption of being smart enough to try out the weapons.

no one will ever know about it bro, just go and fuck those boys

I was not prepared to see dummy thicc Bass

Recoil Opossum

Basically a fusion of an opossum and Spring man

/vg/ is how discussion dies and threads turn into waifu posting so they don't get archived

>X7 is OK
>X8 is bottom of the barrel
Swap those and you're mostly correct.

this game stinks

Attached: Mega-Man-X-Command-Mission.jpg (1000x1000, 141K)

po-ju

>thinks /vg/ is waifu general
go to almost any thread here on Yea Forums and see how long it takes for "OOH SEXY GRILL :O MY WAIFU, I NEED TO POST HER MORE! MORE! MORE!" to crop up.

Post your favorite Megaman song covers
Hard mode: no Okkusenman

youtube.com/watch?v=7Xr2IpU-EMs

I mean half of Mega Man threads on Yea Forums are exactly that and moving them to /vg/ is only gonna make things worse

No

Attached: 1538335865386.png (351x258, 104K)

youtu.be/ix4FsgBi2AY
Without a doubt my favorite game cover of all time.

>Introduce a shitload of new and interesting characters with their own special chapter just to hype them up
>bench them for Zero and Axl who steal the spotlight and also they're just better
T-Thanks capcom.
youtube.com/watch?v=VGsQuFVXGNk

Attached: Command mission.jpg (2592x1456, 907K)

youtube.com/watch?v=tI3KyviaT6c

>against Proto Man
Fuck is that why it felt way harder to play with him?

Digital rerelease when capcom?

Attached: MMXCMPromo.jpg (1582x2045, 964K)

Blaze Scorpio
Clawshaped magma blasters on each arm.

Which one?

Attached: X operators.jpg (982x1000, 160K)

he takes twice the damage (and knockback, but only in 9)
you really should've checked that beforehand

Good taste user. MM4 doesn't get enough love.

Attached: Pharaohman.png (492x1016, 400K)

Brown himecut > Blonde tits > that thing on the right

i dont see axl

No it’s Namco X Capcom you retard

Megaman 11 should have been longer
>No doc robots like 3
>No cossack/protoman/mr x castle like 4/5/6
>Only 2 actual stages in the wily castle
>No character select like 9/10
All the content in the game is great it just feels like there wasn't enough of it.

I'm sure people will think I'm retarded for this:
youtube.com/watch?v=STmUaIEClmY

MMII on Gameboy was my first video game so I've got a lot of nostalgia for the melodies, even though the instrumentation could be a little ear piercing.

Attached: 1539795979384.jpg (569x800, 58K)

Yup, it would have helped to have an extra playable character to add replay value. No Protoman or Bass is annoying enough (Bass would seem to really fit here - imagine fighting a Double Gear'd Bass after the boss refights in Wily 3?), but the really dumb thing is no playable Roll. She was perfectly playable in Powered Up and they had her model and everything done. The fact that they never capitalized on this with DLC is both bizarre and irritating, because the shortage of content is really the only real problem MM11 has, you're totally right about that. What's in the game is great. And stuff like the quick weapon swap and dedicated Rush buttons should be standards in the series from now on.

That said I dont think an extra fakeout castle would have really improved things. Quality over quantity, and as the revival of classic MM it was important for them to nail the fundamentals. Really, one more good Wily stage would have been all that I needed. Oh, and maybe not use the same fucking song for every stage.

Attached: 1540674806667.jpg (845x1199, 171K)

youtube.com/watch?v=lpaUbqwhMTI
MmII has really good compositions, it's just the terrible instruments/pitch they used that ruins them.

>electro skeeter
kek

Thank goodness they figured out how to make nice sounding music on the GB as they went - MMV sounds spectacular with all that bass.

Attached: 1546412646180.jpg (800x698, 571K)

>No Protoman or Bass is annoying enough (Bass would seem to really fit here - imagine fighting a Double Gear'd Bass after the boss refights in Wily 3?)
I'm still mad we never got a double gear boss fight.
I still don't understand why they weren't there. Sure capcom wanted to keep the story but that's the thing, megaman has as much story as a piece of toast.
A single sentence introducing proto/bass would be more than enough for people to get the basic idea.
>but the really dumb thing is no playable Roll. She was perfectly playable in Powered Up and they had her model and everything done. The fact that they never capitalized on this with DLC is both bizarre and irritating
Roll probably wasn't playable in 11 due to it being a canon entry, so they probably want to keep roll's image of just a housekeeper bot instead of being one to fight.
Sure proto/bass routes aren't "canon" in mm10, but it's implied proto fought alongside rock for 10 so his playthrough is half canon.
Proto/bass being missing from 11 is the real crime, especially since 10 solidified atleast Protoman being a mainstay playable character.

Attached: GigamixV3CTanomi.png (704x984, 1.63M)

Yeah, I'm not saying there has to be a whole other castle, there just needs to be something more than what was there. It feels like a step back. 9 was also a step back considering how much content we were accustomed to getting, but that was fixed with DLC later.

Attached: brazenaxoloth.png (298x196, 4K)

MOLTEN LLAMA
He seized the geothermal plant and triggered an eruption

>Roll probably wasn't playable in 11 due to it being a canon entry, so they probably want to keep roll's image of just a housekeeper bot instead of being one to fight.
That's silly, because all of the alternate character selects in any game are "alternate stories". I've never once heard Capcom state anything about not wanting to tarnish Roll by including her as a fighter. If I had to make an outlandish guess, it could be because of howo assblasted certain people were about her costumes being leaked early for PU.

But yeah no alternate characters at all is very lame. I played 10 right before 11 and while I have issues with it, the three characters (and different routes through some levels) really felt like great features.

I think they just ran out of time and money. The gallery is pretty self aware about it (LOL WILY JUST RAN OUT OF BUDGET GUYS XD)

Attached: 1539538986899.jpg (387x387, 40K)

i recognize this. this artist draws smutt of these characters

you fucking weirdo. jacking off to gay voltman whatever smutt

Attached: 1386290368530.jpg (600x450, 191K)

>Ringman
Why is that loser there?

I'm not denying that I'm gay for robot smutt, but I don't know anything about that particular artist, sorry user.

Isnt Volt Man from the DOS game?

Hey you leave Ring Man alone, he's got a neat design and his stage music is trying very hard.

Attached: 1546382859885.jpg (480x360, 8K)

what, then what the fuck are you doing you loser, look that artist up in pixiv. jesus christ your missing out on so many robot dicks

Solar Lion
Bipedal lion with solar panels on his neck instead of a mane (that he can fold, almost like a frilled lizard), with a tail similar to Neon Tiger so that he can fire powerful solar-powered blasts.

Attached: 1523610347588.png (810x720, 833K)

So just that one ZX boss huh

So the artist just had a hard on for the stupidest wily bot ever? Gotcha. And they’re in space because WOOOOOW

really, find the artist that has the picture of vcr/tapeman getting his tongue pulled out with pliers, and cut with tin snips and your set

I think you're misremembering that boss. That was a fire lion with a fire mane who did a bunch of claw attacks. I dont think he had a tail laser, and he definitely didn't absorb sunlight.

user why are you so upset by that image?

Attached: 1540674458175.jpg (1200x990, 152K)

I dare Yea Forums to name at least one ZX pseudoroid from memory

Hyvolt, easy
That dude was fucking awesome

Lurre to but I dont know if that was how her name was spelled

um... uh... buckfire i think it was?

>And they’re in space because WOOOOOW
Someone hasn't read Gigamix

>I've never once heard Capcom state anything about not wanting to tarnish Roll by including her as a fighter
Fair enough. Probably me just looking too deeply. To be honest I don't see why people want roll playable. She'd be neat I guess but I'd rather have the actual fighting robots playable first.
Now if proto/bass were already playable then sure go ahead and add Roll, why not. Just don't give her priority.
>The gallery is pretty self aware about it
Speaking of the gallery, one of the descriptions for the sniper Joe mentions how they're modeled after protoman.
Does capcom not expect newcomers to know protoman is megaman's brother in a normal interaction, yet know who he is when used as a description?

Attached: 15816792893.png (500x450, 145K)

Stampede Torocius. Bull-type reploid and former maverick hunter who was labeled maverick for being too violent during missions, he managed to escape from the hunters and turned into an underground fighter.

Um uh um
Ok so maybe ZX doesn't have the best boss names, but atleast the game is still good
I can't even recall the antagonist's name desu

Attached: EA_CUlAX4AE3we-.jpg (1414x2000, 426K)

>To be honest I don't see why people want roll playable.
The classic series lacks a close ranged character. I think character variety like that can help make the different characters feel even more unique.

Attached: 1539742765947.png (1378x2039, 889K)

can we get some comfy bn in here?

Attached: image.jpg (640x479, 48K)

Serpent and Albert.

Guys its not like these are MMZ boss names

Attached: MMZOCW_preview.jpg (1173x800, 304K)

When you put it like that, yeah it makes more sense now.
I never played PU so I wasn't familiar with how Roll played.

Attached: 15891237878.jpg (640x640, 54K)

These games are for manchild autists.

Bass can also dash. You can do a dash jump and still do a second jump right after the dash jump.

Yeah Bass is very mobile in the game.

she could use a frying pan, a dust pan, and maybe some sorta spray bottle!

Argoyle and Ugoyle the Chiisaroids, also Puprill the Mandrilloid

well

yeah. i mean, its Yea Forums. thats the definition of anyone posting here

AHHH I DID IT

She's pretty cool, basically just wailing on people with a broom. You should try it some day. Its a really fun game and all the different robot masters (and the stage creator) really give it a ton of content to get through. Also, its hilarious seeing evil Mega Man as one of the robot masters.

Attached: 1540951451043.jpg (957x775, 233K)

Chronoforce

Friendly reminder that both ZX games were better than every X game except X1

I tried the bn series for the first time a month or two ago and never got past the first game.
I wasted too much time grinding for the wood man ability (but not his summon card) and I regret it because 1/3 of my deck is filled with a super slow attack.
That and I'm so lost that even using a walkthrough isn't helping.
Tempted to skip to 2 and move on, since I bought all 6 at the same time Shut up don't question my money spending choices [/spoilers] just so I can experience the rest of the series.

Attached: Capcom498.jpg (2369x1246, 1.22M)

Not to mention how he could fucking fly

X2 exists, user

jesus christ mate just hit control + s after highlight your text next time

>tempted to skip 2
But 2, 3 and 6 are the best ones. Like, 2 is such an improvement over 1 that its unreal.

Attached: 1554754655952.jpg (600x600, 254K)

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO MY
TOO LATE
TOO LATE
TOO LATE
TOO LATE

Attached: 7F7A026E-99D0-4A71-9C94-D336E80094BC-219-0000001995E873B7.jpg (849x867, 120K)

>X2
no
>X3
maybe
>X4
yes
>X5
no
>X6, X7, X8, Xtreme games and CM
yes

Attached: 2[1].jpg (1280x1837, 589K)

>X5 is better than X4
I dont even love X4 but lolno

>You should try it some day. Its a really fun game and all the different robot masters (and the stage creator) really give it a ton of content to get through
I've been interested in it for awhile, but haven't seen much gameplay past the basic megaman playthrough.
Problem is I neither have a psp nor a computer that can run a psp emulator reliably.
That and I can't bring myself to emulate. I have to buy the game and show my support somehow/have a physical copy

Attached: 3[1].jpg (1280x1833, 487K)

Well hope you get it sometime in the future. If you have Maverick Hunter X (which you can get on the Vita's PSN) you can play the Cut Man stage demo. Otherwise yeah its really lame how its on PSP only and nothing else. I bought my copy at launch and still play it from time to time - its a genuinely great platformer.

FUCK Oil Man's hard mode stages. Fire Man is a nightmare.

Attached: 1540963584915.png (835x947, 559K)

Attached: 4[1].jpg (1280x1836, 412K)

止めろ

>he's dumping it again
Lets not

Attached: 1541935517367.png (660x780, 277K)

Attached: 5[1].jpg (1280x1836, 650K)

youtu.be/_lv3Sp7NY8Q
pretty easy choice, probably my favorite piece of chiptune music

Just one, nigga.

Attached: tricera.png (436x324, 10K)

Really the two-shot thing is enough of a penalty for him, Bass didn't take extra damage and he was fine.

Man, I hope Vile comes back in X9.

TELL ME MAN
IS THERE NOT ONE AMONG YOU HERE
Who'll tell me about some good megaman romhacks and such

Why didn't my dude get into BN?

Attached: 1564098631060.png (944x940, 1.75M)

What are hopes for X9 or X going forward? I'm fine with the classic series going forever, but just want X to have a good final send off game linking enough to Zero, X5 would have been fine but then X6-X8 happened.

Well it's not a romhack but there's this neat little game called mm8bdm

Attached: 6[1].jpg (1280x1837, 599K)

Well, at least he got spared from possibly getting the FlameMan or StoneMan treatment.

What would be better to play, MM&B on GBA or fan-translated SNES version?

Attached: 5.png (1280x1842, 2.37M)

No colorized MMV for the gameboy?

SNES for sure, GBA has you look up or down to shift camera to see more of the screen for some reason.

Never touch the GBA version unless it's your only alternative.

You mean Mega Man World 5? That's already mentioned.

Guessing due to resolution difference you lose on some verticality unless the devs fucked with the art asset scaling, which I doubt.

>FlameMan
What the fuck even happened there? Doesn't look anywhere close to Classic Flameman.

The running gag in the Classic series is that Wily is always strapped for cash to finance his schemes, which is why many of his robots are stolen and reprogrammed from whatever he can get a hold of.

Attached: 8[1].jpg (1280x1841, 449K)

He had a much cooler and better design but it got scrapped. Some said it was because of the WTC attacks back in 2001, others say that the design was changed because it looked similar to Mist Man.

Attached: E5372283-F752-482A-ACDF-204F31E69C3B-219-0000002180E56F37.png (513x351, 210K)

anyways turns out all the guy wanted was to prank lan, they all have a laugh and some sake and the story ends. id finish the story but its the kids turn to use the computer now, so laters

Attached: 9[1].jpg (1280x1836, 438K)

Fuck, I'm even more mad, that design is great, on that second part, does Capcom really think kids are stupid enough to confuse flames with smoke?

>Oh, SlashMan looks so cool!
>lol no I'm Beast Man
>The faggot who looks jackshit like Slash Man turns out to be Slash Man

Attached: EB813AD1-24DD-4ADF-8035-60EBA20840B7-219-00000022E70A8D78.jpg (739x613, 49K)

X9 has a good chance of happening since the X Legacy Collections and 11 sold well.

Imagine if we existed on the BN world and you're gonna get your own unique custom navi and you're so excited and then you get that dumb shit on the left and you can't ask your dad for a better one since it's so expensive.
And then he has a shit personality too.

Rockman 4 Minus Infinity is a great romhack that's really a whole new game that uses some sprites from MM4.

are you proud of me Yea Forums

Attached: Capture.jpg (351x123, 12K)

so now that the franchise is completely dead as a whole, what did we think of it?

the collections are notorious for lag and latency issues user. you dun fucked up gud this time. still, its great having entire anthologies of stuff even if you dont intend to play it, so its not THAT bad of a goof. i do the same thing with anything on steam thats a "collection"

Attached: taken on my iphone.jpg (504x687, 122K)

damn it wrong image. supposed to be the entire humengous games collection in a folder. never mind it

Attached: recoil.png (294x215, 4K)

Not until you play Zero, ZX, Legends, BN and Starforce and have at least 700 pic of Megaman girls like i do

It was a good ride until BN4.
BN6 was a great way of saying farewell, though.

Also, didn't that guy predict a future BN mobile game besides that X one?

Thought he was Slashman as well, even had the whole wild hunter personality. Slashman.exe is basically some sorta asian warrior. Like the design but Beastman fits it more.

Can someone give me a dump of splash woman porn I wanna jack it to robot mermaids today.

chan.sankakucomplex.com/?tags=splash_woman&page=1
You will fap knowing that she's worst girl from the classic series

predictions are kinda stupd. theres a good 50 years ahead of us, literally every possible throwback is gonna be unburied and forced to dance for us sooner or later

Kinda off-topic, but I only recently played Nier Automata and... It feels like an edgy Megaman Legends.
I'm not saying it's a ripoff, but the parallels are there. Does this make MML some kind of masterpiece story that people think Nier Automata is?

Attached: mega_man_legends_remakes_01.png (572x356, 267K)

>Why didn't we get this in lc2?
The only version that's translated is the GBA release. The Super Famicom version remains untranslated. The amount of work they would have to put into reverse engineering the game probably wasn't worth the effort as it would have probably eaten the budget considering the scope of the collection. Rockman and Forte has the most amount of text out of all the Mega Man games and it's not going to be a simple task to do it overnight, even if they already have the script and flavor text translated.

Yeah, I know someone else already did it years ago, but Capcom isnt going to use that patch on an official release. The GBA version is also seen as inferior by many, so adding that version wouldn't have pleased anyone and you would have ended up with people complaining about it still. There's also the fact that they don't have a GBA emulator they can just drop in. All they have is NES, SNES and a PS1 emulator. GBA would be out of the scope.

Personally, I would have done 1 of 2 things. Include the Super Famicom release as is, untranslated and call it a bonus game. Or, if they want to put in a little bit more effort, just translate the main story portions and sub menus, but leave the CD Data untouched. That's what I would do.

Attached: azhhafq.jpg (600x600, 53K)

Super based. Do you do this stuff often? Do you post art anywhere?

Attached: 1472431274966.gif (250x188, 384K)

I'll completely ignore your question since i haven't played Nier, and instead ask another one:

How is it that, with only 2 major games, Legends kept getting shilled by Capcom back in the 2000-2010 era?

Attached: e98c8c7769ca87a90c0a7d893571c954.jpg (800x1200, 463K)

im gonna completely ignore your question, and answer that other dudes:

they are both masterpieces in the sense they are niche games and being a fan of a niche product makes a person feel superior, in the sense they have a more refined and deep taste. both of them are not really great, just overrated. not bad, either. just, overrated.

I believe they ended up losing the source code from that as well, which was the only reason they were able to do those colorized versions to begin with. To do a proper color version, they would have to essentially remake the game again.

It really feels like "author" favoritism, Inafune apparently had Legends as their favorite from what I understand and even though it didn't perform as well as expected Volnutt got shilled everywhere. I don't like Legends but at least Tron Bonne was cool and her spinoff gaem a cool experiment.

In terms of fangames...
Newer: I gotta recommend Skull Man in Scooby Doc 4 and the Make a Good Mega Man Level series.
Older: A Day In The Limelight is a classic series of fangames, and I've heard good things about Rokko-Chan
In terms of Romhacks, other anons have said some good ones - however, you might want to also take a good look at Rockman 4 Burst Chaser X Air Sliding and give Rockman no Constancy a shot. Minus Infinity is basically the best you're going to get, in my opinion. By the by: never play a Chiko romhack, at best they're average; at worst they're just... horrible.

It was Inafune's pet project. He may be a hack, but Legends exists and has a sequel thanks to him.
And thanks to him MML3 was canceled. Fuck Inafune

>To do a proper color version, they would have to essentially remake the game again.
Uh, yeah, that's exactly what I had been saying.

I beat the gba version when I was 14. It was challenging, but fair, and I loved every second of it. Fuck everyone who says this game is bullshit

its bullshit

Does this count?
youtube.com/watch?v=9CzkswHHxQI

you're a double triple nigger sandwich

Post the best Starforce song that isn't Shooting Star or Spade Magnes

No company is going to fucking remake Game Boy games just to color them.

Is it wrong that I enjoyed the Starforce games?

I thought they were fun but I haven't played the Battle Network series.

Yeah, you can skip the first game. It's pretty bad. 2-onward are much better.

It isn't wrong to like them (3 is a masterpiece after all) but why wouldn't you play BN before hand?

Attached: Drills are ugly.jpg (1616x2048, 369K)

It's a solid game but no. 9 is the best game in the series.

V deserves a remake

Last one for today. Had a bit of fun with the "wanderer" part
Funny enough I don't do much Mega Man stuff despite my handle
twitter.com/countgate

Attached: wanderer.png (334x263, 6K)

It wasn't because of him that MML3 was cancelled, dunno how this whole thing played out the way it did that Inafune took the entire blame for it and not Capcom in general, the game was never going to happen period with or without Inafune there.

The GBA version is bullshit

I haven't played much of Starforce, what is the appeal? I was really turned off by character designs but putting that aside I disliked the alterations to Grid gameplay from Battle Network

Couldn't disagree with you more. OST was nice tho
youtube.com/watch?v=yAQhGMssfBY&list=PLjAradcHiAB42J4Tw2juca00iz6wo6Fij&index=30&t=0s

If it wasn't for him they wouldn't evne try to make MML3

kek. Why'd you have to remind of this abomination

Inafune leaving made Capcom furious and they shat on Megaman for fucking years after the fact. How do you not remember this? The time at which he left was a mere few months before MML3 got officially announced as canned.

>the game was never going to happen period with or without Inafune there.
Yeah, that's why they had a nigh fully complete demo that people in the press played that never got released.

Looks more like Slash Beast than Slash Man desu

so are we gonna mention the discord

I was a dumbass kid back then who didn't know the BN games even existed.

How are they? Should I play them now?

Very kool, good job.

Thanks!

What discord?

>Inafune leaving made Capcom furious and they shat on Megaman for fucking years after the fact
He wasn't the only person involved in Megaman, how little he actually had to do with it has since been discussed in great detail and is the first thing mentioned whenever someone talks about him and Megaman together (except when it doesn't suit the point being made I guess). Franchise didn't meet Capcom's sales expectations so they cut it loose, they were doing plenty of scummy things in general around this time so I'm not sure where the denial of this comes from.

>Yeah, that's why they had a nigh fully complete demo that people in the press played that never got released.
Barebones demo, not fully complete. They've canned games more further along than it before (see Capcom Fighting All-Stars), people in Capcom were looking for excuses to shelve Megaman for ages independent of Inafune being a deluded jew

The game wasn't happening to begin with. The remaining dev team then admitted that the game was never greenlit. Prototype was literally a prototype that Inafune decided to announce to the world before it ever got the green light.

Yes. Check the links ITT

Thx, but what's so great about them?

Basically Inafune tried to pressure Capcom into making it but that backfired and then he left, people lump this in with the other bad shit he did and twist it to corroborate. It's technically incorrect but since Inafune's a shit no one cares really.

I want another MegaMan game like ZX Advent where you defeat Robot Masters or Mavericks across a sprawling map, and then turn into them in order to explore.

the mavericks have a lot of potential

Attached: 22e3b23ee1f31e4d250e9acd69e3665d.jpg (450x450, 100K)

>They've canned games more further along than it before (see Capcom Fighting All-Stars)
Far better example
Resident Evil 2

If you see someone on these threads calling BN "the Steel Ball Run of videogames", that's probably me

>comfy duo of protagonists
>comfy setting
>concepts from the main timeline only reimagined and way better
>one of the most fun and creative battles i've ever seen
>crippled kid is also there

Attached: 241620f31953f592055c6a50b64e4f46.jpg (900x700, 498K)

Why is Mega Man X1 so god-tier and why are so many of the latter X games so shit?

thats kinda gay

If it's anywhere near as good as SBR, then I guess I have to play them now, thanks!

>cripple kid

literally 2 pieces of smutt, and ones lost forever. fucking why

they are brothers

Attached: 25732413_p0.jpg (500x500, 98K)

that dosent...that dosent really change much

can robots be gay?

Attached: 27988292_p1.jpg (750x400, 106K)

This reminds me, what the fuck is a kuwanger anyway?

I get that he's supposed to be a battle, but what the hell kind of beetle is that?

>that beetle brother boss fight in Z2's boss rush

Attached: 1538970525057.png (369x238, 12K)

I don't understand the "Megaman & Bass is hard" meme. The only two bosses that gave me trouble and led me to having to retry a few times were King's Tank and the back-to-back King+King's mech fight. Dynamoman is a prick with his regenerating health and Burnerman's level has a tricky spot with the giant telly that burns the whole floor for massive damage, but you can learn to overcome them, so it's whatever.

I've beaten the game as both Megaman and Bass. Bass has an easier time getting through levels, but Megaman is better at defeating bosses (Charged Shot > Rapid Fire Gun). I'd genuinely say the game is more difficult as Bass, despite the fact he can double jump. Also, Slide is a better evasion option than dashing.

On a side note, I really love Bass as a character. Bass strikes me as being a "Proto Zero" character. He's like a Megaman X character being held back by Classic Megaman-era technology, and I like his directional shooting even if it is kind of weak.

Attached: Bass2MM10[1].png (786x1014, 343K)

Kuwanger is from kuwagata(?), stag beetle

>dosent

Attached: e1a.jpg (640x486, 40K)

Why are so many MM fans Spanish/Mexican?

objectively

>tfw no MHX3 with Gravity Beetle trying to avenge Kuwanger's death except he actually accepted his death and just wants to die before being completely infected by Sigma
>No MHX6 to fix Blaze Heatnix stage and finally change Metal Shark Player name into something stupid and understandable like Preying Metalodon

Because Mexicans have good taste.

that and lax copyright and bootlegging laws. they figured instead of fighting it, theyd join it and thats how we got that brazillian manga where x hits on classic roll with regular megaman right next to her. while naked in a hugh hefner style robe. canonically.

The Brazilian MM comic is fucking nuts.

Pero si he escuchado/leido a un montón de mexicanos diciendo que X5 y X6 son de lo mejor

I feel like if any Robot Master was gay it'd probably be Flash Man

I don't speak burrito but thanks.

literally why

Yes and they're correct.

stag beetle in japanese media this especie is paired with rhinocerous beetle (kuwagamon/kabuterimon, rokusho/metabee , etc...)

Attached: 27988292_p0.jpg (400x600, 74K)

They are right, puto

Well he did flash himself in front of a small boy.

He's definitely not straight.

Rospark or rosespark or however it's spelt
Pedo-ass flower

They're right about X5

that dosent make you gay. ive been flashed by like, a dozen adults and they all are married and have children

bifrost and buckfire

Doing God's work my friend.

Attached: 100203161-100203170_206856.png (293x291, 36K)

tundra man or cyber peacock

CAPCOM should just release a Legacy Collection 3 with all GB in B/W & Color versions, Arcade Games and the rest of the weird (Soccer, Racing, Ect) and let M2 deal with the emulation...

I'm confused.

The MM Zero Series takes place after one of the endings of MMX5, but then MMX 6 comes along and takes place after none of MMX5's endings.

So is MM Zero cannon and the rest of the X series an AU, or is X6 Cannon and Zero the spin off?

>So is MM Zero cannon and the rest of the X series an AU
It's this one. X5 was the last X game but they were forced to make more. Zero is the proper continuation of the storyline.

I'm a third-worlder and even I know X5 and X6 are two humongous turds matched only by X7.

Cool, thanks.

I tend to view that topic as such:

A mix of X5's endings (X remembers Zero but still plans to make Elysium)-X6-X7-X8- X6's Zero ending-Elf Wars-Zero-ZX-Legends

fuck you i liked x6 fucking fight me

Attached: 0418452543151.jpg (480x622, 42K)

Or they could flip everything around and hint at MMZ in X9.

Mega Man is a fucking mess when it comes to story.

Someone post that compilation drawing of X6's bullshit moments

WELL
HOLY
GOD
DAMN

Attached: DB28581F-BFD8-4452-B013-627A4BA91BB2-297-00000037959CB81C.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

No one will disagree with that.

based heatnixposter

I fucking recognise that art
That was something from the /qst/ board, I can't remember the name but it was real popular early on, it's been like several years though. What was that shit called again?

quick Yea Forums who is the most attractive, least humanoid reploid or robot in the series?

>plus Boktai
Boy that takes me back. What a lovely collaboration.

Attached: boktai.jpg (1000x750, 109K)

Noble Mandrago

Are you ready for Rockman X DIVE-U?!

Attached: 1566608208756.jpg (700x788, 184K)

The third ZX game should be ZXV and focus on a biometal based on Vile with the ability copying mechanics working similar to how it did in Maverick Hunter X

Attached: modelv2.jpg (807x989, 97K)

In two weeks (thanks to the recent delay), i guess i'll be

fair, fair.

>implying you wouldn't her

Attached: Noble_Mandrago.jpg (1385x1777, 182K)

I kinda figured planetman was supposed to be astroman

Probably because GravityMan.EXE looked similar to him but way bigger.

>those drill legs
i dont think you do her. i think this works the other way around

okay next question: top. x or zero?

Yeah but they cranked it up to 11 in 11.

Good taste.

Attached: Magicman.png (654x1013, 396K)

Wily built Turbo Man out of an old car he used to show off in his younger days. He takes whatever he can get and makes the most of it.

>turboman, i fucked my first girl in you

Attached: 1560369301223.jpg (880x1261, 148K)

Has anyone here done the "beat Mega Man 11 in under an hour" trophy thing? So far my best time is 1:28 so I'm still shit, but I'm at least getting a little better. For those that did, what was the time you cleared the Robot Masters and hit the Wily Castle?

Attached: 1538970133557.png (1280x720, 1004K)

Post chill
youtube.com/watch?v=5duaeL4GeT4

Attached: tenor.gif (498x280, 1.9M)

The first time I got under 1 hour and all the robot masters it took me around 45-50 minutes.
Wily Castle doesn't take more than 10 minutes to clear if you use Rush Coil, Rush Jet and Pile Driver for quick movement.

Don't stop and get stuff
Don't die

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqL6wLAgVUSvOBkeqQlSwlZ2S6mY9KrsY I threw a top 50 favorite Mega Man songs today, figured I'd share it with y'all!

Bounce Man's stage slows my ass down
I still die on Impact and Freeze and Wily 1, I have to practice those stages. I can do everything else deathless.

**ARMPIT**
Legends has a cute brown girl in it? Why the fuck have i not played this yet?

Attached: 4c89cc04cf5d70f3816eba6d9928fcef841edfef419d423b694a3919bef89fa2.jpg (198x203, 11K)

>Charge Man runs on steam to keep his power costs low
>Crystal Man creates crystals that Wily sells off for some fast cash
>Gyro Man uses propellers because Wily couldn't afford rocket propulsion
>Junk Man seeks out and build robot components from the trash for Wily to use
>Wily bought so many parts for modifying Clown Man that he built Frost Man out of the unused surplus so they wouldn't go to waste

You have to give Dr. Wily credit for knowing how to stretch his world-domination budget.

I’ve never really got the x and classic gap, does it even exist or is it fan speculation?

The only known bridge between them is the ending of the second arcade game where Wily shows Bass his schematics for Zero and boasts he'll be greater than Bass and Mega Man combined.

Thomas light made both megaman and X, wily made zero, the maverick/irregular virus is the roboenza from 10.

how would you rank the starforce games anons?
also, havent played the BN games yet, planning on playing them all next month. Should i play them all?

3>1>2
No one ever will post a different ranking. Also, yes, play them all and judge for yourself

>the maverick/irregular virus is the roboenza from 10.
Before that, it was believed to be a modified version of the Evil Energy from MM8. I think the current canon is that it's neither and the virus just popped into Zero by accident during development because Wily didn't fully understand how Light was making X.

my personal take was that Light finished X and died before Wily finished Zero, and with his old friend and enemy gone, Wily become mentally unstable and made the maverick virus by accident before dying.

Not him but I always liked to think that Dr Wily used evil energy as a test to see how much stronger a robot can be, then evolved it to the roboenza to allow it to spread and give him greater control. All of that eventually led up to the Zero virus which was the "perfected" form of it in a sense.

X6 has horrific level design but it's easier to come back to than X5, with its gimmick levels and Alia dialogue.

Which kind of goes against Wily's character. He doesn't want to destroy the world, just prove that he's the superior roboticist even though it's clear he doesn't always have the precise know-how like Light does. The virus being a total accident because of his hasty construction of Zero seems about accurate for him.

Megaman soccer
Megaman DOS

Soccer, yes (hopefully patched to allow its ending to play properly). Doubt Capcom will even acknowledge the DOS games, though.

We he doesn't need to destroy the world, just make a virus that both increases a robot's power far beyond rock's while giving him complete control over every robot.
What's more impressive than a robot that can power up other robots/recode them entirely without having to open them up?
And as for Zero, I feel like that was Wily preparing for whatever Light was building (which in this case would've been X). So even from beyond the grave he could still have his superiority known to man.

I always wonder what X5 meant by having him be involved behind the scenes but not actually having him show up. Was Wily living on inside the virus, or something?

All Wily wants to do is destroy X and show up Light. Why would he care about the rest of the world when he's already dead? Just knowing his last creation will wipe out Light's last creation is win enough for him.

Probably just ret-conned to be Isoc or even a young Weil. The series wasn't supposed to continue past X5 and so the tease of Wily surviving was likely meant to bring it full-circle. Since X6 killed that plan, the tease got dropped.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yx7fo5pUU9Q

X6 heavily implies Isoc to be Wily though, so who knows what they were thinking.

youtube.com/watch?v=nYCmjwmLWZ8

>Just knowing his last creation will wipe out Light's last creation is win enough for him.
Well that's what I'm trying to get at. The X series shouldn't have even happened because theoretically, Sigma intervening was never part of the plan.

-Maverick Hunter X
-Power/Fights

youtube.com/watch?v=EzU1p91iEL4
I feel like this is cheating

>Those spoilers
Well shit I might be going back to play this soon.

Yes to the arcade games. Not sure on the X1 remake since Capcom would rather pretend that never happened (and the Day of Sigma OVA is in the X Legacy Collection anyway).

What makes fire robot master themes so great?

Attached: d4lkvl9-0600eda8-21cc-4d40-8ac4-921a33643bdd.jpg (746x960, 254K)

>mega-man-zx-full-undub
Isn't that just MMZX's English release?

Currently playing Star Force 3. I'm definitely enjoying it more than 2 solely for the lower encounter rate. I just beat Diamond Ice, so do I start getting the form changes soon?

Attached: 1409373504436.jpg (438x499, 130K)

Attached: 1566595242689.png (1072x603, 619K)

I find it hard to think of a franchise where shit hits the fan as hard as it does in Mega Man.

Attached: 1566284377035.jpg (957x640, 424K)

Mhh, I think you must beat another boss before the Style Change. I not sure about PVE, but Gemini was an insta-win button in PVP back in the day.

youtube.com/watch?v=z9uVIYac5OA
Absolutely fantastic rendition.

are BN and SF in the same timeline?

Yeah, they are.

Technically speaking Dr. Light's actions resulted in the extermination of humanity.

oh man that's good

Why are MMXLC1 and 2 way more expensive than MM11?

Hivolt, Lurerre, Purprill, Flammole, Protectos
Buckfire, Chronoforce, Rospark, Vulturon, Queenbee, Bifrost, Hedgeshock
So, all but 4. I'm proud of that.

Ace just gave me the Joker program so you were pretty close.

Hurricaune the Wolveroid I think was one of them?

It exist but it's vague about what happened in between.
Do not listen to those faggots that insist Zero killed the whole cast. It doesnt make any fucking sense in universe. You have this one robot running around that isn't classified as a Reploid, and would fit the description of the bot responsible of ridding the world of Mega Man and friends, and there isnt a single fucking record or person around to point "Hey! IT'S THAT GUY! THE GUY THAT KILLED MEGA MAN!"
Not to mention that Dr.Light doesnt give a fuck when he sees Zero in X5. He's just whatever about it.

Attached: American-Psycho-012.jpg (300x180, 10K)

just saw this on another website, any chance it's legit?

Attached: IMG-20190827-092012.jpg (640x480, 86K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6H8xMrcPW8M

>BN/SF Timeline: Deals with some crazy shit but humanity survives and is better off.
>Classic Timeline: Shit progressively gets worse despite the good guys trying. The Human Race is GONE by the end of the timeline because Wily was a petty fuck and Sigma was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

What do you think?

Soccer where?

I'll admit several games slipped my mind when I first made the list, so updating:
*Mega Man & Bass
*MM Battle & Chase
*MMX Command Mission
*Mega Man World 1-5 (possibly colorized)
*Xtreme 1 and 2
*Mega Man Soccer
*Power Battle and Power Fighters

I sure as hell hope so.
Most like a fake, but a pretty convincing one at that.

Wait, read the description.
"Remote Play requires a PS Vita system and a SUFFICIENTLY ROBUST Wi-Fi connection"
Maybe I don't check descriptions enough, but is the phrasing usually like this for remote play features?

I'm sure they would come up with a fancier name for the collection. Something like Z Legacy or Elf Legacy

Vita is discontinued. So no.

Why?
None of the other collections got fancy names.

gba version had superior music

I honestly couldn't tell you a single boss name from the entire Zero/ZX subseries save for Omega, Weil and the Guardians

Because those were only made up of one sub series each. A title/title naming convention would just feel too weird

Since they had the class action lawsuit, yes.

Oh?
Well some hope is restored I guess.
Did they remove that line? None of the supposed remote play games on ps4 have that in their desc anymore.

cubit foxtar

just double checked where I saw this and saw the person posting it was from indonesia. checked SEA and it's legit.

That is from MMZ

Also on hong kong PSN
store.playstation.com/en-hk/product/UP0102-CUSA15023_00-MMZZLC0000000001

Oh shit. Hopefully not only for PS4

That would have been an awesome idea, but what sucks is that the moment they put the narrative of the game of destiny in it kind of defeated the purpose of the first game and proactively retconned where the story was gone.

WE'RE IN LADS! Comfy Zero/ZX threads, here we fucking come

Attached: f2579635f282ee3f7fa11b910df35297.jpg (1443x2048, 350K)

Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=cXnCZvvOHJw

BROS IT'S REAL IT ALREADY HAS A TRAILER

>No Vita port

Attached: 11582386838.jpg (355x369, 83K)

>Zero games still have screen crunch
At least the speedrun mode looks dope

So, in regards to ZX, how are the bonus Z3/Z4 bosses going to work? And are they going to put back the Japanese dub for all the dialogue and not just the cutscenes?

I am literally crying.

GUYS
WAIT HYPE MODE
CLASSIC COLLECTIONS GOT US MM11
X GOT US X9 SUPPOSEDLY
THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO GET ZX 3
STOP BEING FILTHY PIRATE FAGGOTS FOR ONCE AND BUY THIS COLLECTION
THE BRIDGE BETWEEN ZX AND LEGENDS DEPENDS ON IT

Attached: 1538335865385 - Copy.png (351x258, 169K)

Probably just have them accessible like regular boss rooms.

The best you can get for Japanese voice work is probably just choose the Japan version of the game like how the X collection does it.

There's no way around it without remaking the game. The Sonic iPhone remasters had widescreen support because those games are from the ground up remake with widescreen in mind.

Yeah I know it's hard to expect them to make a widescreen version of a GBA game since it's basically a remake at this point but I still had some hope

>Thinking a ZX3 will actually bridge into Legends instead of ending on another ambiguous note
>Thinking they will ever actually explain what happened to the world before Legends started

Inti doesn't seen interested in doing more ZX since they have Gunvolt.

Well it's assumed that the "world reset" Thomas wanted was stopped halfway through, which is why the legends series is mostly water instead of completely water.

I'd trust Capcom's internal Mega Man team over Inti at this point. Inticreates must hasn't been on point since they left the Mega Man series.

please come to PC

We don't know anything about what Thomas might have planned. For all we know, he fails and the world continues as normal until somebody else comes along and floods the world.

This game rules. I have no idea why there is so much hate on this game. A fucking super nintendo game that puts its Playstation game counterpart to shame.

Attached: EB1RXzeW4AAI4u5.jpg (748x1199, 120K)

Zero/ZX collection could definitely be testing the waters for future non-Classic/X games.

>I'd genuinely say the game is more difficult as Bass
That's because by the end of the game Megaman improves a lot and has many upgrades that make him have an easier time in the last stages. On the other hand... from King stage 2 onwards Bass has a more difficult time with bosses, because he can't recover his health as easily as Megaman. Also, if you happen to be playing the GBA version Bass lacks a dash button, and therefore every section that needs the dash (like the final King fight) will be unnecessary annoying.

Is there anyway we can force Capcom to shoehorn a Mega Man Legends + Battle Network collection package?
I know the games are like comparing apples and oranges to each other but I don't wanna have to wait for each other. Also many even throw in a bonus Powered Up. That game doesn't deserve to fucking rot on the PSP.

>fuppedo
Ew

>filters optional
>art gallery and jukebox
>speedrun mode to encourage people to play these games the way you're supposed to

Attached: 1496474146725.jpg (493x276, 33K)

Posts that aged poorly

Attached: 1523866939243.jpg (420x600, 59K)

This has to be a joke, sure they can translate the game, the changed some words and references to the Gameboy in MM7, right? Anyways... even if they couldn't for... whatever the fuck reasons, a virtual manual (like the ones in the Wii VC) detailing all of the shop items would be more than enough to beat the game.

Watch as they dont have the remastered soundtracks in the game as options. Fuck, MMZ1 will sound so shitty.

Attached: 1523866423323.jpg (367x555, 112K)

>This has to be a joke, sure they can translate the game, the changed some words and references to the Gameboy in MM7, right?
What

HAHA FUCK YEAR, WE'RE COMING BACK FULL FORCE

Attached: 1548996500949.jpg (5000x3912, 1.79M)

Honestly why not just remake Zero to be function mechanically the same as Devil May Cry but in 3D? It's already there but in 2D.

BASED

Mega Man Zero's gameplay is absolutely nothing like DMC. The game's combat is fast paced and mobile. You spend more time running, jumping, dashing while hu-ha-huing instead of fighting mobs of enemies in arenas. Hell, Zero 2 pushed the mobility further with the introduction of the Chain Rod and Zero 3 had the Recoil Rod shenanigans. DMC gameplay is absolutely not the best fit for Zero. Maybe something more like a refined Shinobi for PS2 would do.

Attached: f6mnr5zpfsi31.png (3276x2160, 1.45M)

This.
youtu.be/HJYoD5dtok0?t=376

>Rated T for violence and blood

So are they using the Japanese version of the games but using the English translation for the games in the collection?

The JP versions had the blood.

Attached: Daniel Bryan YES 3.gif (300x170, 1.96M)

fuck you

I think the DS Collection had the blood, but edited out all mention of "death" with "retirement"

Since the collection is rated T, they could revert it back to "death", "die", "kill", etc.

rosasparks

uh I just want to know if 11 is worth $10 or whatever. I think I read the 9 and 10 guys didn’t actually make it though?

>those filters
disgusting
thank god you can turn them off

I heard "retirement" was closer to the Japanese script, which was why they changed it.

None of the other collections had one. Don't know why you were hoping.

>That one fakeout King fight where you're actually supposed to take damage and lose
>Always forget and end up using all my weapon equips fighting until the cutscene with Blues is triggered
>Now have to go through the real fight without equips

>That King stage with two bossfights in a row
>If you die in the second tank fight you're taken back to the start
>Have to redo the first fight and everything

>Astro man's bossfight
>Literally going blind from avoiding endless projectiles

>Wily's bullshit final battle

I loved this game, but goddamn if it didn't get me fuming mad. I remember all those annoying little things even though its been years since I first played it.

Attached: 69412384_p21_master1200.jpg (540x855, 277K)

9 is insanely easy though as long as you know how to solve the problem a level presents. The 9 weapons are all insanely useful in one form or another and especially in the Wily stages there's usually three answers to one problem. The only thing that ever gets me is the actual Wily boss because I'm terrible at shooting back the damn egg things.

foolish opinion but i respect you

They also changed Duff Mcwhalen's name in X5.

Attached: MM7 Differences.png (790x226, 35K)

They changed all the Maverick names in X5.

I just bought mmx collection 1 and 2 how bad did I fuck up.

Also Legends collection when?

What is the original post even referring to in context. It has nothing to do with the original post, just ramblings of a mad man.

As Mega Man you can use Beat's shield + Energy Saver item in the first King fight and you don't have to worry about damage. Just stand still, King shoots you three times and then Protoman appears.

Gunvolt is trying to have a go at it.

Gunvolt's edginess is more obnoxious than surprising like Classic Mega Man.

Edge in Megaman always seemed kinda justified, like it arose naturally rather than forced. Gunvolt has edge to the point of being stupid.

youtu.be/cXnCZvvOHJw

Still the best review this game has ever had: youtube.com/watch?v=LCtUzI8P50M

youtu.be/rRMz03IGYOA

>In the backstory I wrote, Mega Man alone is equipped with the functionality to turn himself off. That very fact imbues him with a sadness. The other robot masters were made for some kind of specific job or work, so there’s no need for them to have an “off switch” they can control. However, a robot helper like Mega Man can make his own judgments, and therefore can decide whether he’s needed or not. That bit of backstory also reflects the serious feeling in the writing that you mentioned you liked. The sadness of being a robot is having this inorganic existence.

SeeAll I'm saying is that I don't buy it, I think Capcom could easily modify and translate a 21 year old game. They just choose not to because:
a) Capcom is lazy
and
b) Considering MM&B reputation, Capcom just thought "fuck it, people wouldn't care about that game anyway."
Which is a shame, because games like MM&B, and The Wily Wars are long forgotten and will never get a proper re-release.

Attached: Genesis_Unit.jpg (1520x1115, 362K)

I still think MM9 has the best plot just because it actually addresses the idea of robots being anxious about having limited lifespans. That's a cool idea and it handles it without being needlessly edgy.

Am I the only one who loved the animations even if they got in your way?

Mega Man 4 Voyage and Rockman 4 Minus Infinity are great. Rockman 5 Airsliding is fun too

Yea, the animation and art on M&B, MM8 and MM7 are top tier.

Because your absolutely flaming

I wonder if 10 is linked towards Zero accidentally having a virus

Why is there so much Mega yaoi?

Very few girls in the entire series.
Also, look at the official .EXE Manga, the artist for that really like drawing dude's asses. The covers alone betray this.

Because Fujos are quick to infest franchises that don't have enough waifubait.

Large male cast. It is all you need.

SMOOTH men

>Roll disappears from Earth along the rest of most classic characters
>Iris canonically dies
>Alia goes MIA in the Zero series
>People are left wondering if Palette and Layer are even canon to begin with
>Same with the Command Mission girls
>Ciel died alone
>Leviathan died
>Alouette became a commander
>No one knows what happened to the ZX girls
>Roll and Tron are still trying to get Rock out of the moon
>And all the other ladies in the franchise are too monstruous-looking to be worth a draw or a fanfic

>I don't think any of the patforming sections were impossible or bad designed with Mega Man
If you completely ignore all the leaps of faith, bad enemy placement, and King Jet in its entirety.

>that manga were Centaur Man was a woman and in love with Knight Man

because you're a fucking lonely loser

>god I hate everything new everything must be old because old good new bad
Did you throw a tantrum when you saw MM11 was 2.5D instead of 8-bit?

>leaps of faith
Like which exactly? Tengu Man? Timing jumps accordingly isn't that hard.

>bad enemy placement
Barely problematic. Only in the second half of Burner Man and a few bits in Magic Man is it really bad.

>King Jet
Mega Man is given more platforms that jump to than Bass, not to mention, you have the Thunder Bolt, which keeps you in the air for a few seconds, and the Jet gives you free ammo and health every here and then; so by no means is Mega Man's fight against him that much harder.

And none of those matter when his fists break a critical platform or you get blinded by a flashbang at the wrong moment. Bass can deal with those with his double jump. Mega Man has nothing except prayer.

>>leaps of faith
>Like which exactly?
he probably played the fucking gba port

You have the Lightning Bolt, at least

>Did you throw a tantrum when you saw MM11 was 2.5D instead of 8-bit?
Not him, but I was disappointed wih how MM11 looked the first time I saw it. It's not like I want the 8-bit style back, but as said, these games look pretty great and MM11 felt a little weird by comparison.

Frickin' Maverick virus turning the robots gay
- Axl Jones

Mega Man's sprite in 7 is a classic but 8 is one of the ugliest, most off-putting things I've ever seen. He looks like a dead fish. In 7 he's determined to fight for everlasting peace.

I don't agree with 8 being ugly, but you're right with MM7, that is probably the best looking classic Megaman.

Attached: Megaman7.gif (245x490, 540K)

's MM design feels like it's trying to stretch classic into X's proportions. Never liked it myself.

Strangely, i think 11's design looks really nice. Dunno how to describe it...

Attached: v58xvb6.png (1036x720, 448K)